No announcement yet.

Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much did “Britney Jean” sell in order to chart? Urban Outfitters released 5k vinyls but I assume that not all the copies were bought by US customers so I guess around 3k copies maybe?

Comment

• Do we know Britney's sales and certifications in Russia? I know it may be hard because I think they didn't have an official system in the beginning of her career...But I read on Chartmasters that Russia is like her strongest European market, it would be interesting to see how she performed there, especially compared to other pop girls.

Comment

• Originally posted by pedrolabre View Post
        Queen.
        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Amazing for “Britney Jean”. Hopefully “Glory” will have a re-release as a Vinyl version as well.

Comment

• BOMT vinyl is being sold by Urban Outfitters again

Britney - Poppy - Mariah - Lana - Gaga - Bjork

Comment

• Originally posted by heyoverthere View Post
              Do we know Britney's sales and certifications in Russia? I know it may be hard because I think they didn't have an official system in the beginning of her career...But I read on Chartmasters that Russia is like her strongest European market
              Far from true, Russia is far from being her strongest European market but it is perhaps her most unusual market ever in the sense that contrary to the rest of the world BOMT and OIDIA are not her best selling albums, in fact they're not even among her top 3 best selling albums in Russia while in a huge plot twist against the norm "Blackout" is her best seller.

According to chartmasters these are her (pure) sales in Russia:

- Baby One More Time - 30,000
              - Oops I Did It Again - 30,000
              - Britney - 30,000
              - In The Zone - 50,000
              - Greatest Hits: My Prerogative - 60,000
              - Blackout - 60,000
              - Circus - 40,000
              - The Singles Collection - 9,500

Seems like up until 2007 she was getting bigger there with every album.
              Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
              Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by Artsy View Post
                BOMT vinyl is being sold by Urban Outfitters again

This is like the 10th Britney vinyl they have released in the past year. They must sell like hot cakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Far from true, Russia is far from being her strongest European market but it is perhaps her most unusual market ever in the sense that contrary to the rest of the world BOMT and OIDIA are not her best selling albums, in fact they're not even among her top 3 best selling albums in Russia while in a huge plot twist against the norm "Blackout" is her best seller.

According to chartmasters these are her (pure) sales in Russia:

- Baby One More Time - 30,000
                  - Oops I Did It Again - 30,000
                  - Britney - 30,000
                  - In The Zone - 50,000
                  - Greatest Hits: My Prerogative - 60,000
                  - Blackout - 60,000
                  - Circus - 40,000
                  - The Singles Collection - 9,500

Seems like up until 2007 she was getting bigger there with every album.
                  Yeah sorry, I phrased the question wrong probably. It's her strongest European market RELATIVELY speaking (compared to other big sellers). At least that's what Chartmasters concluded in his "Britney Spears' Global Heatmap" article. Although I think that was based on YT views. Thank you!

Comment

• Russia also had a huge market for pirated copies of albums too so BOMT and OIDIA sold more "illegal" copies than "legal" at the time.

Comment

• Last time I checked "Gimme More" was at 99,975,419 on Spotify. Should be hitting 100 million any time today.
                      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• "Overprotected" becomes Britney's 23rd video to reach 100 million views (22nd as a lead artist). Finally!

Comment

• I was about to post it Instinct

But yeah. Now the “Britney (album)” has 3 music videos with over 100million views

- I’m A Slave 4 U - 126,562,949
                          - I’m Not A Girl Not Yet a Woman - 111,318,575
                          - Overprotected - 100,001,592

It is also Britney’s 4th album to score (at least) 3 music videos with +100M views. Her albums achieving this are:

- Baby One More Time (3 music videos)
                          - Oops I Did It Again (3 music videos)
                          - Britney (3 music videos)
                          - Femme Fatale (4 music videos)

In about 3 days the “Circus” album will join this group of albums after “If U Seek Amy” becomes the 3rd music video from the album to reach 100 million views.

Comment

• Now that OIDIA's (album) 20th anniversary is approaching, do you guys think we could get a sales update from Billboard like in January 2019 at the time of BOMT's anniversary? It would be really cool!

Comment

• Originally posted by heyoverthere View Post
                              Now that OIDIA's (album) 20th anniversary is approaching, do you guys think we could get a sales update from Billboard like in January 2019 at the time of BOMT's anniversary? It would be really cool!
                              Since they're likely only reporting soundscan sales I would not find the info interesting enough knowing club music sales won't be reported by them (hence not having the full real picture).

Comment

Since they're likely only reporting soundscan sales I would not find the info interesting enough knowing club music sales won't be reported by them (hence not having the full real picture).
                                I think Billboard is starting to report artists’ streams too (I’m pretty sure they did that when they updated Gaga) so that would be interesting.

Comment

• Comment

Well I think it would still be interesting to see the growth of her later albums, especially the most recent ones, that are not above 1 million (FF, BJ, Glory and the compilations). Plus a singles sales + streams update as Enzolorenzo said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevinmakeme View Post
                                      Yaaaay another one!

First song from the Bible to do so, right?
                                      Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Pre-2000 female artists with most 100M songs on Spotify (as a lead)

Shakira - 13
                                        Britney Spears - 10
                                        Madonna - 7
                                        Mariah Carey - 7
                                        Whitney Houston - 5
                                        Jennifer Lopez - 5
                                        Destiny's Child - 5
                                        Christina Aguilera - 5

This includes multiple versions of the same song (remixes, radio edits, etc). Feel free to add any other divas with more than 5 songs.
                                        Last edited by Instinct; Sat May 2, 2020, 16:58.

Comment

• Nice to see "Blackout" getting a 100M song on Spotify. "Gimme More" is progressively turning into an iconic song in her catalogue and I personally think the "Blackout" era has ended up in good terms over the years.

Comment

• She has now seven albums (+ My Only Wish) with at least one song with over 100 million streams on Spotify:

...Baby One More Time - 1
                                            Oops!...I Did It Again - 1
                                            In the Zone - 1
                                            Blackout - 1
                                            Circus - 2
                                            Britney Jean - 1
                                            Glory - 1

Is "Till the World Ends" expected to reach the mark this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by matheusbelmont View Post
                                              She has now seven albums (+ My Only Wish) with at least one song with over 100 million streams on Spotify:

...Baby One More Time - 1
                                              Oops!...I Did It Again - 1
                                              In the Zone - 1
                                              Blackout - 1
                                              Circus - 2
                                              Britney Jean - 1
                                              Glory - 1

Is "Till the World Ends" expected to reach the mark this year?
                                              Actually "Till The World Ends" is already over 100M with remixes included. But yeah the album version is expected to hit the mark later this year.

Comment

• Britney's 100m+ singles on Spotify 01/05/2020

1 409,203,177 Toxic
                                                2 322,691,859 Scream & Shout (with will.i.am)
                                                3 288,677,083 ...Baby One More Time
                                                4 278,021,944 Oops!...I Did It Again
                                                5 193,057,790 Womanizer
                                                6 174,989,011 Work Bitch
                                                7 125,964,788 My Only Wish (This Year)
                                                8 107,619,749 Make Me... (feat. G-Eazy)
                                                9 101,855,581 Till The World Ends***
                                                10 100,774,163 Circus
                                                11 100,094,858 Gimme More

***includes The Femme Fatale Remix with Nicki Minaj & Kesha

Last FM <3
                                                Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post

Pre-2000 female artists with most 100M songs on Spotify (as a lead)

Shakira - 13
                                                  Britney Spears - 10
                                                  Madonna - 7
                                                  Mariah Carey - 7
                                                  Whitney Houston - 5
                                                  Jennifer Lopez - 5
                                                  Destiny's Child - 5
                                                  Christina Aguilera - 5

This includes multiple versions of the same song (remixes, radio edits, etc). Feel free to add any other divas with more than 5 songs.
                                                  Xtina - 6:
                                                  Genie in a Bottle
                                                  Lady Marmalade
                                                  Dirrty
                                                  Beautiful
                                                  Fighter
                                                  Slay Something
                                                  Hurt is coming!
                                                  Xtina / Nathy Peluso / Rosalía / Nina Simone / Lauren Hill

Comment

• "Blackout"

- One 100M song on Spotify
                                                    - One Top 3 hit on the Billboard Hot 100
                                                    - Two Top 3 singles in UK
                                                    - Two Multi-Platinum eligible singles on the RIAA
                                                    - Two Global hit singles
                                                    - Platinum album in USA based on pure / hard sales only

.. Of course in addition of all the accolades, acclaim and cult-following it gained over the years.

.. Not bad for being Britney's "floppiest" / weakest (commercially) album of the 2000s right?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X