No announcement yet.

Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• less than 3m of streams to MATM get Silver. We should do some campaign or something....

Comment

• It needs to go viral on Tik Tok or something lol

Comment

• English videos in the past 24 hours:
        271. Britney Spears - ...Baby One More Time - 339,560

It's doing the same numbers as the new Katy Perry's lead single. Coming for 500 million next month

Comment

• Question: can an official music website cancel or hide album/single certification that is already exists? I noticed that femme fatale gold certification in France disappeared (and the fft dvd as well) it shows her last certificate was circus

Comment

• Originally posted by And then we kiss View Post
            Question: can an official music website cancel or hide album/single certification that is already exists? I noticed that femme fatale gold certification in France disappeared (and the fft dvd as well) it shows her last certificate was circus
            It could simply be a database mistake. Hopefully they correct it soon.
            Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• But i’m thinking now

could a certification be retroactive, just like the Femme Fatale exemplo

it’s certified platinum by it’s shippments, but we know only sold 806,000 copies this including digital copies

we know it was certified one month after it’s release, so i think we can assume at least 900,000 copies in the certification is from physical copies

what I’m wondering is if they ever update Femme Fatale certification, they will keep it’s original platinum + the digital sales after that month + the streams and track sales

or if they will consider it’s pure sales 806,000 like it is and then apply the SPS method

i remember reading in chartmasters site, that albums shipped that wasn’t sold were gave back by the stores, so I don’t know... always had this doubt in mind
              Last edited by pedrolabre; Tue May 26, 2020, 01:10.

Comment

• Originally posted by pedrolabre View Post
                But i’m thinking now

it’s certified platinum by it’s shippments, but we know only sold 806,000 copies this including digital copies

we know it was certified one month after it’s release, so i think we can assume at least 900,000 copies in the certification is from physical copies

what I’m wondering is if they ever update Femme Fatale certification, they will keep it’s original platinum + the digital sales after that month + the streams and track sales

or if they will consider it’s pure sales 806,000 like it is and then apply the SPS method

i remember reading in chartmasters site, that albums shipped that wasn’t sold were gave back by the stores, so I don’t know... always had this doubt in mind
                The album is already certified Platinum by the RIAA regardless of how much it sold, so the album’s future updates will be based on the last certification that it received. They are likely adding the SPS units to the already 1x Platinum certification the album obtained.
                Last edited by MrLeonix; Tue May 26, 2020, 02:40.
                Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by pedrolabre View Post
                  But i’m thinking now

And to be clear with this question, the answer is NO

certifications are not retrospective on the RIAA, once the album gets certified that certification remains forever and it’s never taken away, reduced / reversed no matter if the album was overshipped and even if the copies were shipped back.

That means that albums like “American Life”, “Try This”, “Rebirth”, “20 Y.O” , etc that got certified 1x Platinum will always remain that way and will never get lowered to Gold or suffer a retrospective modification.

Comment

• 10 Official Irish Chart facts about Britney Spears
                    1. Britney was the first and one of only two females this millennium to have scored four Number 1 singles in less than 12 months over 2003-2004. Ariana Grande managed the same 15 years later.

3. Tied with Rihanna and Madonna on eight, Britney is the female artist with the most Number 1s ever in Ireland.

5. The pop princess' most streamed song? It's her 2004 chart topper Toxic, which has racked up 3.17 million plays since the Official Charts Company began compiling data for Ireland in 2017.

9. Although it didn't top the Official Irish Albums Chart (it peaked at Number 2) Circus is Britney’s fastest-selling album. It shifted 7222 copies in its first week in November 2008 and was held off Number 1 by The Priests’ self-titled album.

10. Britney’s fastest-selling Number 1 album is greatest hits collection My Prerogative. 5,430 copies were picked up in its first seven days on sale in 2004.

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...spears__29857/

Comment

• Originally posted by LoveMeDown123 View Post
                      10 Official Irish Chart facts about Britney Spears
                      1. Britney was the first and one of only two females this millennium to have scored four Number 1 singles in less than 12 months over 2003-2004. Ariana Grande managed the same 15 years later.

3. Tied with Rihanna and Madonna on eight, Britney is the female artist with the most Number 1s ever in Ireland.

5. The pop princess' most streamed song? It's her 2004 chart topper Toxic, which has racked up 3.17 million plays since the Official Charts Company began compiling data for Ireland in 2017.

9. Although it didn't top the Official Irish Albums Chart (it peaked at Number 2) Circus is Britney’s fastest-selling album. It shifted 7222 copies in its first week in November 2008 and was held off Number 1 by The Priests’ self-titled album.

10. Britney’s fastest-selling Number 1 album is greatest hits collection My Prerogative. 5,430 copies were picked up in its first seven days on sale in 2004.

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...spears__29857/
                      Nice to have exact first week sales figures. So basically, Circus went Gold in its first week and eventually reached 2x Platinum. Ireland is definitely one of her best and most supportive markets.

Comment

• Rolling Stone Top 500 Artists (ranked by audio streams in the US):

"Oops!...I Did It Again" was her most streamed song last week.

Week 05/15 - 8.4 million streams (#267)
                        Week 05/08 - 8.1 million streams (#266)
                        Week 05/01 - 8.0 million streams (#265)
                        Week 04/24 - 7.4 million streams (#272)
                        Week 04/17 - 7.6 million streams (#263)
                        Week 04/10 - 7.3 million streams (#257)
                        Week 04/03 - 7.4 million streams (#270)
                        Week 03/27 - 7.2 million streams (#266)
                        Week 03/20 - 7.0 million streams (#270)
                        Week 03/13 - 7.5 million streams (#250)
                        Week 03/06 - 7.6 million streams (#274)
                        Week 02/28 - 7.7 million streams (#280)
                        Week 02/21 - 7.9 million streams (#267)
                        Week 02/14 - 7.8 million streams (#275)
                        Week 02/07 - 7.8 million streams (#274)
                        Week 01/31 - 7.7 million streams (#275)
                        Week 01/24 - 7.2 million streams (#287)
                        Week 01/17 - 7.0 million streams (#291)
                        Week 01/10 - 6.8 million streams (#294)
                        Week 01/03 - 6.8 million streams (#298)
                        Week 12/27 - 6.6 million streams (#287)
                        Week 12/20 - 8.7 million streams (#248)
                        Week 12/13 - 8.4 million streams (#259)
                        Week 12/06 - 8.1 million streams (#273)
                        Week 11/29 - 7.4 million streams (#274)
                        Week 11/22 - 7.0 million streams (#286)
                        Week 11/15 - 6.8 million streams (#297)
                        Week 11/08 - 6.9 million streams (#289)
                        Week 11/01 - 7.1 million streams (#279)
                        Week 10/25 - 7.1 million streams (#280)
                        Week 10/18 - 6.2 million streams (#297)
                        Week 10/11 - 6.8 million streams (#292)
                        Week 10/04 - 6.6 million streams (#301)
                        Week 09/27 - 6.9 million streams (#282)
                        Week 09/20 - 7.0 million streams (#289)
                        Week 09/13 - 6.8 million streams (#289)
                        Week 09/06 - 6.5 million streams (#289)
                        Week 08/30 - 6.5 million streams (#298)
                        Week 08/23 - 6.8 million streams (#293)
                        Week 08/16 - 6.6 million streams (#285)
                        Week 08/09 - 7.1 million streams (#280)
                        Week 08/02 - 7.0 million streams (#279)
                        Week 07/26 - 6.9 million streams (#291)
                        Week 07/19 - 6.8 million streams (#297)
                        Week 07/12 - 6.7 million streams (#293)
                        Week 07/05 - 6.3 million streams (#300)
                        Week 06/28 - 6.7 million streams (#298)
                        Week 06/21 - 6.8 million streams (#295)

Total: 345.3 million audio streams in the US since June 21, 2019.

Not counting Christmas, this is her best week yet!

Comment

• Two songs about to hit new milestones on Spotify

- Baby One More Time - 295,016,938
                          - Womanizer - 197,415,405

Let’s keep streaming

Studio albums update:

- Baby One More Time - 457,005,231
                          - Oops I Did It Again - 442,021,965
                          - Britney - 202,969,653
                          - In The Zone - 567,747,959
                          - Blackout - 277,026,589
                          - Circus - 404,100,849
                          - Femme Fatale - 344,552,838
                          - Britney Jean - 256,315,493
                          - Glory - 302,546,701

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                            Two songs about to hit new milestones on Spotify

- Baby One More Time - 295,016,938
                            - Womanizer - 197,415,405

Let’s keep streaming

Studio albums update:

- Baby One More Time - 457,005,231
                            - Oops I Did It Again - 442,021,965
                            - Britney - 202,969,653
                            - In The Zone - 567,747,959
                            - Blackout - 277,026,589
                            - Circus - 404,100,849
                            - Femme Fatale - 344,552,838
                            - Britney Jean - 256,315,493
                            - Glory - 302,546,701
                            Baby hits 300m on 16/06 and Womanizer hits on 10/06.
                            wish Baby go up to 300k daily soon

Comment

• Originally posted by Guvanah View Post
                              New 100m on Spotify:

Circus - 23/04
                              Gimme More - 03/05
                              Till The Worl Ends - 09/10

New 200m on Spotify:

Womanizer - 16/06
                              Work Bitch - 02/02/2021

New 300m on Spotify:

Baby One More Time: 13/06
                              Oops!...I Did It Again: 01/08

First 500m on Spotify:

Toxic: 09/01/2021
                              some of her songs actually improved
                              Till The World Ends is now preticted to hit 100m on 22/09. 17 days sooner than the other prediction.

Comment

• Top 10 Britney's song to hit 100kk on Spotify. Listen everyday and share with your friends.
                                https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6E...SfukKNgtXJXKRQ

Comment

• Btw mood ring is being added to Spotify tonight

Comment

• On october 26, 2017 Blackout was at 291k on UK
                                    2 years and 8 months later we will do the #Justice4Blackout
                                    Can we expect the platinum?

Comment

• Originally posted by Guvanah View Post
                                      On october 26, 2017 Blackout was at 291k on UK
                                      2 years and 8 months later we will do the #Justice4Blackout
                                      Can we expect the platinum?
                                      That album should’ve been Platinum by now (according to my estimations) but I read somewhere that many of the streams are being counted towards one of her compilation albums in UK instead which is the reason “Blackout” is not moving anything.

Also, the campaign is cute but it won’t lead to a certification. 800 copies of 1 day of sales on iTunes won’t mean anything and won’t make the album Platinum. Not to mention the UK is generally one of the coldest markets for these #Justice moments, so the campaign will probably be more effective in the US than in UK anyways.
                                      Last edited by MrLeonix; Thu May 28, 2020, 16:59.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

That album should’ve been Platinum by now (according to my estimations) but I read somewhere that many of the streams are being counted towards one of her compilation albums in UK instead which is the reason “Blackout” is not moving anything.

Also, the campaign is cute but it won’t lead to a certification. 800 copies of 1 day of sales on iTunes won’t mean anything and won’t make the album Platinum. Not to mention the UK is generally one of the coldest markets for these #Justice moments, so the campaign will probably be more effective in the US than in UK anyways.
                                        Yeah the singles are most likely counting towards “The Singles Collection” so that might be why it’s taking so long to get to platinum...

Comment

• Mood Ring‬

‪iTunes:‬
                                          ‪#76 New Zealand (NE)‬
                                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• surely streaming blackout album tracks that are not on any other compilations/albums would count to blackout's certification? i understand why the singles wouldnt but maybe uk fans could focus on the blackout-only songs?

Comment

• Originally posted by LoveMeDown123 View Post
                                              surely streaming blackout album tracks that are not on any other compilations/albums would count to blackout's certification? i understand why the singles wouldnt but maybe uk fans could focus on the blackout-only songs?
                                              Yes album tracks do count towards “Blackout” exclusively but we all know it’s the singles the ones that move the most streams so it’s a shame they are not being counted towards “Blackout”.

I think those stupid compilations ruined a lot of stuff for Britney’s retrospective catalogue activity.

Even though Britney has a wide discography I think 9 studio albums don’t justify the release of 4 compilation albums. Even “The Essential Britney Spears” has been charting lately in a few places and it’s annoying to be honest.

Comment

• Mood Ring

iTunes:
                                                #11 Philippines (NE)
                                                #24 Turkey (NE)
                                                #37 Malaysia (NE)
                                                #100 New Zealand (NE)
                                                #101 New Zealand (NE)
                                                #329 Indonesia (NE)
                                                #445 Australia (NE)

Comment

• Mood Ring
                                                  iTunes:
                                                  #2 Cyprus
                                                  #3 Lithuania
                                                  #11 Philippines
                                                  #21 Turkey
                                                  #23 Israel
                                                  #26 Spain
                                                  #27 Ireland
                                                  #30 Malaysia
                                                  #30 Portugal
                                                  #47 Finland
                                                  #61 United Kingdom
                                                  #61 Italy
                                                  #79 Poland
                                                  #90 Singapore
                                                  #99 Indonesia
                                                  #117 Germany
                                                  #128 France
                                                  #137 New Zealand
                                                  #138 New Zealand
                                                  #192 Italy

Comment

• Mood Ring‬

‪iTunes:‬
                                                    ‪#1 Malta‬
                                                    ‪#2 Cyprus‬
                                                    ‪#2 Malta‬
                                                    ‪#3 Lithuania‬
                                                    ‪#7 Philippines‬
                                                    ‪#15 Portugal‬
                                                    ‪#17 Romania‬
                                                    ‪#18 Turkey‬
                                                    ‪#19 Ireland‬
                                                    ‪#22 Spain‬
                                                    ‪#23 Israel‬
                                                    ‪#30 Malaysia‬
                                                    ‪#35 Saudi Arabia‬
                                                    ‪#36 Saudi Arabia‬
                                                    ‪#43 Italy‬
                                                    ‪#47 Finland‬
                                                    ‪#57 United Kingdom‬
                                                    ‪#58 Indonesia‬
                                                    ‪#83 France‬
                                                    ‪#84 Cambodia‬
                                                    ‪#84 Poland‬
                                                    ‪#90 Singapore‬
                                                    ‪#114 Spain‬
                                                    ‪#117 Germany‬
                                                    ‪#128 Australia‬
                                                    ‪#137 New Zealand‬
                                                    ‪#138 New Zealand‬
                                                    ‪#173 France‬
                                                    ‪#191 United Kingdom‬
                                                    ‪#200 Italy‬
                                                    ‪#379 Belgium‬
                                                    ‪#437 Russia‬
                                                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

Working...
                                                    X