No announcement yet.

Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTW, “Oops I Did It Again” (album) will eventually become her third +1million album in UK.

It was at +906K pure sales alone, and eventually it will get the day it gets +90K extra units from streaming (based on the “Oops I Did It Again” single which is another of her classic streaming songs).

With this, and also with “Toxic” hitting 1million and ITZ reaching 2xP ... Britney will have three +1M albums, three +1M singles and 4 Multi-Platinum albums in the UK.

Also “Blackout” and “The Singles Collection” will eventually get certified Platinum and this will give Britney 8 Platinum albums in the UK.
    Last edited by MrLeonix; Yesterday, 00:57.
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• The thread is called "Chart History" - ie, what an artist has currently achieved not "Chart Future possibly, eventually, maybe"

Comment

• Instinct, do you think “Gimme More”’ has a chance of going Gold in UK by the end of this year?
        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Clearly uk was there for Brit in the ITZ era..I can’t believe:
          the album is far from double(it gets a lot from toxic)
          Me against the music is far from silver (deserved much more justice underrated bop)
          toxic is far from the 1 million
          everytime is far from platinum

as for blackout it seems ridiculous it hasn’t platinum yet

maybe I am delusional but I hope Britney Jean is close to silver with the help of WB.

and for sometimes(the best song from the debut album) is probably close to platinum more than what we think

Comment

• I think tsc will reach platinum before blackout lol! It seems to chart more

Comment

• Originally posted by And then we kiss View Post
              Me against the music is far from silver (deserved much more justice underrated bop)
              It actually isn’t that far from Silver. UK charts updated it’s sales this year and to everyone’s surprise they were higher than we all expected (I personally thought it was around 155K or something): MATM is currently at 184,000 units in UK (only 16K away from Silver)

Source: https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-chart__29839/

Originally posted by And then we kiss View Post
              toxic is far from the 1 million
              Not really, “Toxic” will hit 1 million in less than a year actually.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

It actually isn’t that far from Silver. UK charts updated it’s sales this year and to everyone’s surprise they were higher than we all expected (I personally thought it was around 155K or something): MATM is currently at 184,000 units in UK (only 16K away from Silver)

Source: https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-chart__29839/

Not really, “Toxic” will hit 1 million in less than a year actually.
                I wrote that I “can’t believe that: ....” which means I can’t believe those songs are far from their milestones
                I agree they are not far away, especially toxic that is a streaming monster

Comment

• InFamous
                  InFamous commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I understood exactly what you said. "I can't believe" is a very common phrase amongst native speakers and you used it perfectly.

• Originally posted by And then we kiss View Post

I wrote that I “can’t believe that: ....” which means I can’t believe those songs are far from their milestones
                I agree they are not far away, especially toxic that is a streaming monster
                Oh I get it.

Weird use of words I guess.

Then I think what you really meant would be something in the line of this phrase: “I don’t think / believe it is far from ..” ..... the “I can’t believe it is far from ...” sounds like literally the opposite you wanted to express based on the context you described. So I guess that’s why I didn’t understand.

Comment

• InFamous
                  InFamous commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Edited.
                  Last edited by InFamous; Yesterday, 18:41.

• MrLeonix
                  MrLeonix commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Dude get over it. Don’t take it personal. Don’t bother.

• And then we kiss
                  And then we kiss commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sorry for being misunderstood I think it really is known in some some territories never mind I do think the in the zone era close to new milestones IMO everytime is closer to platinum than what we think

• Originally posted by Britneysdream View Post
                I think tsc will reach platinum before blackout lol! It seems to chart more
                Wouldn’t be surprised. The streaming points are being counted towards her compilation albums which indeed will make Blackout’s certification a slow process despite the fact it’s only 5K-6K units away from Platinum

Comment

• Can we stay on topic in here please. Petty arguments about grammar and meaning will be infracted if they carry on.
                  THRILLER’S SOUNDS OF THE 90s

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                    Instinct, do you think “Gimme More”’ has a chance of going Gold in UK by the end of this year?
                    Oh definitely. Gimme More's streams have increased a LOT this year, so the 30k yearly average probably jumped to 50-60k. I'd say it's probably around 380k at the moment.

Toxic should be around 920K atm. Or maybe even higher. Regarding Blackout, I feel like it won't be that long before it goes Platinum. Maybe another year or so?

Comment

Working...
                    X