Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Instinct View Post
    It was only 250 copies away from #1
    Are you kidding omg
    https://youtu.be/1iRbIYkccgw

    Comment


    • Omg Queen!
      Haven't been early since '88

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post

        Are you kidding omg
        Nope Savage was #1 with 250 more sales than Mood Ring.

        Comment


        • Comment


          • Omg!!!!! Number 2!!!

            Comment


            • 13,750 sales for Mood Ring
              Last FM <3
              Instagram

              Comment


              • The fact that Britney now has 15 top 10s on the digital charts and 13 of those are solo songs!

                and mood ring is now the highest peak from glory out peaking make me! In fact, it’s her highest peaking song since 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                I think he comeback single will secure her a number 1 on the digital song charts and hopefully a top 40 on billboard

                Comment


                • Comment



                  • Comment



                    • Comment


                      • The second bestselling song in the country is not even top 100. What have our charts become? Still, congrats!
                        Haven't been early since '88

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by mattsky View Post
                          The second bestselling song in the country is not even top 100. What have our charts become? Still, congrats!
                          Unfortunately, sales being so low have become totally irrelevant for Hot 100 unless it’s a #1 debut with big figures (above 50k).

                          It was just 300 copies short of being #1 on digital songs and at the same time just 2 spots short of missing the Bubbling Under altogether.

                          Basically, right now, with no airplay and little to zero streaming, you can have the best selling song of the week and not even make the Hot 100 Bubbling Under chart.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by nympho View Post

                            Basically, right now, with no airplay and little to zero streaming, you can have the best selling song of the week and not even make the Hot 100 Bubbling Under chart.
                            Which is sad, unfortunately!

                            What are the ratios they use for the calculation of the final charting points? Tbh radio should be the one with the least impact because it’s simply too easy for music companies to profit with payola. The same for streaming and the way they buy themselves the best positions on the trending lists. It’s a pity the music industry has become so hollow and dominated by money.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post

                              Which is sad, unfortunately!

                              What are the ratios they use for the calculation of the final charting points? Tbh radio should be the one with the least impact because it’s simply too easy for music companies to profit with payola. The same for streaming and the way they buy themselves the best positions on the trending lists. It’s a pity the music industry has become so hollow and dominated by money.
                              Well, regarding sales there can be mass buying fans campaigns, discounts, different editions of the same song, bundles...
                              Each format has its own tricky parts.

                              Radio plays a big part but it’s been downweighted these past weeks.

                              Sales do have a bigger weight than streams... but the thing is if they’re at an all time low, it’s useless. 13k copies can’t compete with 10 or 15 million streams. It’s obvious which song of the two is popular and people are consuming.

                              Comment


                              • debuted on another sales chart



                                So probably sold like 17-20k i guess

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by nympho View Post

                                  Well, regarding sales there can be mass buying fans campaigns, discounts, different editions of the same song, bundles...
                                  Each format has its own tricky parts.

                                  Radio plays a big part but it’s been downweighted these past weeks.

                                  Sales do have a bigger weight than streams... but the thing is if they’re at an all time low, it’s useless. 13k copies can’t compete with 10 or 15 million streams. It’s obvious which song of the two is popular and people are consuming.
                                  Good to hear that radio is being downweighted!

                                  And concering the which song of the two is popular and people are consuming statement. I don’t quite agree, especially regarding all these streaming platforms. I am sure there are countless of people that just go on Spotify and play a playlist that is there and that’s it. They don’t know who exactly they are listening to or whatever, they just play it to have music at home / office / at a party or wherever. I am sure there are tons of people that go on Spotify because they clearly want to listen to a specific artists or song but there are also a lot that just click any playlist and let it play. And thus if music companies get themselves the top positions in these popular playlists, well they simply benefit without some people actually knowing or caring what they listen to.
                                  These streaming platforms just make music consumption much less personal and that is quite sad. Well, at least, that’s my opinion.

                                  Comment


                                  • ^
                                    Well, we’re going a bit off topic but, isn’t thar exactly the case with radio, people not choosing the songs they play, and radio has been a component for Hot 100 for decades now?

                                    You have a point about people just playing playlists in the background not even paying attention... But that’s just a small part of the millions (literally) of streams received each week. Not the majority of streaming consumption, as you make it look.
                                    Playlist placement is not as much as a payola thing and that easy as some want to think. It’s editorial decision primarily.
                                    And even being in a playlist doesn’t guarantee you lots of streams...

                                    Defending downloads being more important now than streams is like defending physical singles back when downloads exploded 10 or 12 years ago.

                                    I mean, I agree. It’s shocking to have the 2nd best selling song of the week and not charting in Hot 100. But it’s less shocking when you see the figures needed to chart in Hot Digital Songs right now.

                                    Comment


                                    • pretty similar to the BJ era in singles now

                                      a top 20 hit (Work Bitch and Make Me)
                                      a song that failed to gain much attention but still managed to chart (Perfume and Slumber Party)
                                      a bubbling under entry a long time after the album was released (Alien and Mood Ring)
                                      Britney - Poppy - Mariah - Lana - Gaga - Bjork

                                      Comment


                                      • I’m perfectly fine with Mood Ring *only* making the bubbling under. It’s literally a four year old bonus track. Some of her peers can’t even make the bubbling under with actual singles that were promoted on TV.

                                        When she releases new music (hopefully next year), I have no doubt it will make it into the Hot 100.

                                        Comment


                                        • Mood Ring (digital sales)
                                          #2 United States
                                          #10 Scotland
                                          #16 France
                                          #18 UK
                                          #32 Canada
                                          #60 Germany

                                          Bonus:
                                          #23 (Bubbling Under)

                                          Comment


                                          • According to the Rolling Stone Chart

                                            Britney US streams on the last two tracking-weeks looked like this

                                            May 22 - May 28 = 8M
                                            May 29 - Jun 04 = 8.8M

                                            So we got an 800,000 increase... i was expecting a little more, but I think 700,000 coming from Mood Ring it’s a safe guess

                                            Comment


                                            • Most streamed pre-2000 female artists in the US last week (audio streams)

                                              1. Britney Spears — 8.8 million
                                              2. Mariah Carey — 8.7 million
                                              3. Shakira — 7.9 million

                                              Comment


                                              • If mood ring got 700k streams in the USA then it’s total sales are around 18k

                                                Comment


                                                • It's nice to see that the song has actually entered on billboard charts.
                                                  Last FM <3
                                                  Instagram

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #free Britney

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X