Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by brainmaniac View Post
    music by madonna, what a girl wants and come on over baby all i want is you by Christina, independient woman by destinys child, try again by aaliyah, tgify by mariah... all bigger hits than oops i did it again ....
    Spotify

- Britney Spears - Oops I Did It Again - 300,184,219
    - Destiny’s Child - Independent Woman Pt 1 - 127,905,839
    - Christina Aguilera - What A Girl Wants - 52,926,567
    - Aaliyah - Try Again - 45,450,049
    - Christina Aguilera - Come On Over - 41,242,031
    - Madonna - Music - 36,664,463
    - Christina Aguilera - I Turn To You - 23,297,253
    - Mariah Carey - Thank God I Found You - 22,573,331

Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by brainmaniac View Post
      music by madonna, what a girl wants and come on over baby all i want is you by Christina, independient woman by destinys child, try again by aaliyah, tgify by mariah... all bigger hits than oops i did it again ....
      We need to End this misconception that Oops I Did it Again wasnt huge like it really was just because of its peak on the Billboard Hot 100

Lets look the sales of the songs you mentioned

‪Physical worldwide sakes

‪2,410,000 - Music (1,136,000 copies from US)‬
      ‪1,530,000 - Independent Woman Part I (350,000 copies from US)‬
      ‪1,500,000 - Oops I Did it Again (never released on US)‬
      ‪1,275,000 - What a Girl Wants (had US release)‬
      ‪1,200,000 - Come on Over Baby (600,000 copies from US)‬
      ‪1,100,000 - Try Again‬
      ‪930,000 - Thank God I Found You (687,000 copies from US)‬
      ‪550,000 - I Turn to You (had US release)‬

Oops i Did it Again was the only of those songs without an US physical release and still outsold most of them

its pretty clear that the song would outsell every one of this songs on US, maybe not Music... but still would outsell worldwide

now, let’s see how those songs aged in the digital Era

‪Digital worldwide sales

‪1,380,000 - Oops I Did it Again‬
      ‪1,060,000 - Independent Woman Part I‬
      ‪600,000 - What a Girl Wants‬
      ‪625,000 - Music‬
      ‪550,000 - Come on Over Baby‬
      ‪400,000 - I Turn to You‬
      ‪400,000 - Try Again
      ‪200,000 - Thank God I Found You‬

I’m really secure Oops is the biggest hit from those songs

numbers were taken from Chartmasters or Billboard

Comment

• Honestly I think the only female solo singles from 2000 that were truly global smashes were Madonna’s “Music” and Britney’s “Oops I Did It Again”, they both slayed charts in every corner of the world.

however as of 2020, “Oops” is by far the biggest song. It’s IMO the biggest and most memorable / iconic female song from that year.
        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Oops was also the 7th biggest song of 2000 in Europe (2nd biggest song by a female artist only behind I’m Outta Love by Anastacia)

Comment

• These songs were pretty big too then

Leann Rimes - Can't fight the moonlight - 2 million
            Brit's Stronger with 2 million and Lucky 1.8 million
            DC's Jumpin' jumpin' 1.36 million
            Janet Jackson's Doesn't really matter - 1.3 million
            Madonna's Don't tell me 1.3 million and American Pie (which's not released in US 1.2 million)

Comment

• Oops was massive. Lucky and Stronger were pretty big too. You don't sell 20 million copies of an album without huge hits. Back in the day it was all about album sales anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                Oops was massive. Lucky and Stronger were pretty big too. You don't sell 20 million copies of an album without huge hits. Back in the day it was all about album sales anyway.
                Yep we also have to take into account that in addition of physical and digital singles sales, “Oops” is also included in an album that sold 20million copies and also has 300million streams on Spotify alone.

It must be the most distributed / shipped / consummed female song from 2000.

Comment

• I swear this thread just goes around and around in circles, she has this many SOLO hits from the early 2000s, her sales were this from the early 2000s, it's like a broken record, the woman hasn't released music for 4 years. No one ever deny's her success but still it's written about in here over and over again, it's comical.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
                    I swear this thread just goes around and around in circles, she has this many SOLO hits from the early 2000s, her sales were this from the early 2000s, it's like a broken record, the woman hasn't released music for 4 years. No one ever deny's her success but still it's written about in here over and over again, it's comical.
                    Clearly you’ve never been to other diva threads if you think it’s just Britney fans making such posts. We’re posting streaming updates just like every other fan base does. I understand why the word SOLO is triggering for you, though.

If your fave had decent streaming stats, maybe you would do the same.

Comment

Clearly you’ve never been to other diva threads if you think it’s just Britney fans making such posts. We’re posting streaming updates just like every other fan base does. I understand why the word SOLO is triggering for you, though.

If your fave had decent streaming stats, maybe you would do the same.
                      Honestly, I'm an adult and don't need streaming validation,quality is all I care about.

Comment

Honestly, I'm an adult and don't need streaming validation,quality is all I care about.
                        Then you’re in the wrong section. This is called CHART analysis for a reason. I’d expect you to know that considering you’ve been a member for nearly 20 years.

Comment

• Youtube:

...Baby One More Time
                          2020/07/20 292,775
                          2020/07/21 324,933
                          2020/07/22 314,952
                          2020/07/23 348,812
                          2020/07/24 403,987
                          2020/07/25 432,531
                          Toxic
                          2020/07/24 203,795
                          2020/07/25 213,065
                          Oops!...I Did It Again
                          2020/07/24 157,977
                          2020/07/25 167,842
                          Womanizer
                          2020/07/24 106,546
                          2020/07/25 109,528
                          Sometimes
                          2020/07/24 108,248
                          2020/07/25 108,284
                          Criminal
                          2020/07/24 96,743
                          2020/07/25 99,946
                          Most viewed videos in the past 24 hours
                          Britney Spears - ...Baby One More Time - 421,523

Comment

Then you’re in the wrong section. This is called CHART analysis for a reason. I’d expect you to know that considering you’ve been a member for nearly 20 years.
                            And when are artists actually have new sale s achievement I am the first to talk about them, going on and on about the same things is counter productive.

Going on about Britney selling what she did in the early 2000's isn't new information, it's going round and round in circles, when an artist hasn't released anything but interpretive dancing videos on Insta for the past 4 years there can't be reason to continuously go on about the same things over and over.

You know what, keep going, I looking forward to seeing that Oop's has increased in stream by 4% over yesterday, or this video has had a slight increase which must have some kind of meaning! and Baby is the biggest streaming hit of 1998 . . . that' s only been mentioned about 8 times.

Did you know Baby is the biggest selling album by a teenager ever?

Comment

isn't new information
                              It was complete NEW information that “Oops I Did It Again” (song) reached 300million streams on Spotify yesterday.

Of course we were going to post that here and celebrate it. She might have released that song 20 years ago but it was yesterday that it reached a new milestone. We will always keep the thread updated.

Comment

• Let it all out I do find it a little odd that you keep track of what’s being posted in this thread, though. You’d have to be a regular lurker in order to know exactly what we are discussing. What is it about this thread that keeps you coming back?

Aren’t you a little too... grown to be getting worked up over a Britney Spears chart thread? No shade. Can’t imagine being that bitter at the age of 42.

——

Comment

No shade. Can’t imagine being that bitter at the age of 42.
                                  Oh trust me, he is. The so called mature guy has randomly sent me unwanted private messages in multiple occasions making fun of Britney’s mental health and parenting skills.

He’s bitter, and extremely obsessed with Britney, and he can’t even be at peace with what people post in this thread

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Oh trust me, he is. The so called mature guy has randomly sent me unwanted private messages in multiple occasions making fun of Britney’s mental health and parenting skills.

He’s bitter, and extremely obsessed with Britney, and he can’t even be at peace with what people post in this thread
                                    In the 7 years since you have joined we have messaged each other once, 6 messages each over the span of 1 day, that was on November 1st 2018, Britney's mental health was not part of that conversation but go ahead and made me look like "that person".

I never said anything negative about Britney and haven't posted in this thread in probably 6 months.

Instinct feel free to age shame but I was born in 1986 which makes me 33.
                                    Last edited by Ewokguy15; Mon July 27, 2020, 05:13.

Comment

• Ok, now the three of you need to stop.

Instinct MrLeonix

Personal attacks won’t be tolerated.
                                      You’ve been told like a million times to NOT bring other members fav artist to start a fight.
                                      Those shady comments about other members’ age or bringing supposed DMs into this conversation are completely off topic and unnecessary.

Ewokguy15

There’s nothing wrong in what they were doing as repetitive or living in the past it can be. It’s chart analysis. So you, coming here every now and then to say the same thing, seems indeed like baiting.

Next time you’ll all receive an infraction.

Comment

• Yesterday was a great day for her on Youtube .
                                        1. ...Baby One More Time - 450,508 views
                                        2. Toxic - 211,457 views
                                        3. Oops!...I Did It Again - 171,446 views
                                        4. Womanizer - 111,675 views
                                        5. Sometimes - 104,616 views
                                        6. Criminal - 101,383 views
                                        7. Work Bitch - 93,975 views
                                        8. Gimme More - 74,887 views
                                        9. Lucky - 62,747 views
                                        10. Crazy - 57,306 views

+ Scream & Shout - 265,945

Comment

• Im actually surprised by the Pride Remix streams... probably will be Glory Era most streamed remix

Comment

• Comment

• OVERPROTECTED was certified SILVER (200k) in UK!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevinmakeme View Post
                                                OVERPROTECTED was certified SILVER (200k) in UK!
                                                Yasss, finally!!!

Comment

• 3x Platinum - "...Baby One More Time" - 1,800,000
                                                  1x Platinum - "Oops!... I Did It Again" - 600,000
                                                  1x Platinum - "Toxic" - 600,000
                                                  1x Platinum - “Womanizer” - 600,000
                                                  1x Platinum - “Scream & Shout" - 600,000
                                                  1x Gold - "Sometimes" - 400,000
                                                  1x Gold - "Everytime" - 400,000
                                                  1x Silver - "(You Drive Me) Crazy" - 200,000
                                                  1x Silver - "Born to Make You Happy" - 200,000
                                                  1x Silver - "Lucky" - 200,000
                                                  1x Silver - "Stronger" - 200,000
                                                  1x Silver - "I'm a Slave 4 U" - 200,000
                                                  1x Silver - "Overprotected" - 200,000
                                                  1x Silver - “I’m Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman” - 200,000
                                                  1x Silver - "Gimme More" - 200,000
                                                  1x Silver - "Piece of Me" - 200,000
                                                  1x Silver - "Circus" - 200,000
                                                  1x Silver - "3" - 200,000
                                                  1x Silver - "Hold It Against Me" - 200,000
                                                  1x Silver - "Till the World Ends" - 200,000
                                                  1x Silver - "Work Bitch" - 200,000

8.2 million certified singles.

Comment

• pedrolabre
                                                    pedrolabre commented
                                                    Editing a comment
                                                    I verified, these 21 singles add up 7,8M and not 8.2M

Some song is missing?

• Awesome. Which ones r next?

Comment

Working...
                                                  X