No announcement yet.

Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very impressive that in Germany which wasn’t be there for Britney (in overall and in comparison to Canada or Ireland) this song became her second biggest hit there, the fact it was bigger than oops in some places is impressive...

Comment

• Originally posted by And then we kiss View Post
      Very impressive that in Germany which wasn’t be there for Britney (in overall and in comparison to Canada or Ireland) this song became her second biggest hit there, the fact it was bigger than oops in some places is impressive...
      Actually, Germany was her biggest European market during her first two eras. Even more so than France or Ireland. She was massive. But I get what you mean.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
            Actually, Germany was her biggest European market during her first two eras. Even more so than France or Ireland. She was massive. But I get what you mean.

Good to know she was bigger in this country than she was in France and the Ireland (when we all know she was and is massive there)
            I meant in overall Germany wasn’t there for her since the ff so it’s still good lucky did so well there (as well as Austria) and was even bigger than signature hits like toxic or oops

Comment

• Most streamed female albums from the first half of the 00s on Spotify (2000-2004)

1. Beyoncé – Dangerously In Love – 956,643,282
              2. Kelly Clarkson – Breakaway – 865,640,067
              3. Norah Jones – Come Away With Me – 806,362,265
              4. Avril Lavigne – Let Go – 786,759,194
              5. Britney Spears – In the Zone – 600,473,311

Love to see "In the Zone" sitting pretty in the Top 5.

Comment

I think during the BOMT era she was slightly bigger in UK than in Germany.

However during the OIDIA era she was indeed bigger in Germany than anywhere else in Europe.

—-

Anyways, nice to see “In The Zone” hitting 600million on Spotify.
                Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

Most streamed female albums from the first half of the 00s on Spotify (2000-2004)

Love to see "In the Zone" sitting pretty in the Top 5.
                  Sitting pretty means they are in a safe comfortable position. Shes at number 5 but you didnt put number 6-10 so we dont know if shes "sitting pretty" lol. In fact she coulde be the opposite of sitting pretty. Is she very far ahead of 6?

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post

Sitting pretty means they are in a safe comfortable position. Shes at number 5 but you didnt put number 6-10 so we dont know if shes "sitting pretty" lol. In fact she coulde be the opposite of sitting pretty. Is she very far ahead of 6?
                    Those are the only albums above 600 million as of right now. #6 is "The Diary of Alicia Keys" at 569 million which is fairly close, but its daily streams are quite weak compared to "In the Zone", so it's safe to say it won't ever catch up to it.

The Top 10 should look like this...

6. Alicia Keys – The Diary of Alicia Keys – 569,079,250
                    7. Gwen Stefani – Love. Angel. Music. Baby – 544,315,799
                    8. Christina Aguilera – Stripped – 519,769,027
                    9. Destiny's Child – Survivor – 478,156,752
                    10. Britney Spears – Oops!...I Did It Again – 471,028,952

"The Diary of Alicia Keys", "Love. Angel. Music. Baby", "Stripped" and "Survivor" all get about 290-340K streams a day, which is even less than "Oops!...I Did It Again". Time is being kind to "In the Zone", as its doing even better than "Come Away With Me" in terms of daily streams, despite having 200 million less overall.

Comment

• Angeman
                      Angeman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Great thanks! Glad to see Oops there as well.

• In The Zone streams would be impressive if 75% of the streams didn’t come from Toxic.
                    Last edited by Ewokguy15; Sat August 8, 2020, 23:10.

Comment

• Angeman
                      Angeman commented
                      Editing a comment
                      As opposed to having most of her streams come from a feature that no one even remembers shes on? At least its a solo song. Some other females dont have that.

• Update of her albums on Spotify

- Baby One More Time - 484,177,014
                    - Oops I Did It Again - 471,028,952
                    - Britney - 213,196,431
                    - In The Zone - 600,473,311
                    - Blackout - 293,548,098
                    - Circus - 429,465,128
                    - Femme Fatale - 359,911,965
                    - Britney Jean - 265,769,759
                    - Glory - 313,367,318

”Blackout” is hitting 300M soon!
                    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
                      In The Zone streams would be impressive if 70% of the streams didn’t come from Toxic.
                      Is Toxic suddenly not part of the album or what? I don't get this argument.

Toxic being massive doesn't make its streams any less impressive. Yes, it does overshadow the rest of the album, but that's the "downside" of spawning one of the most iconic pop songs of all time. It'll hit 500 million streams by the end of the year - how could she match that with only two other singles?

At the end of the day, a stream is a stream. So whether people are streaming Toxic, Everytime or Breathe on Me, the album is still being consumed and shifting units. And even then, it's not like everything else gets 0 streams.... 600 million is a great figure for a 17 year old year album no matter how you spin it. And that's why it is among the Top 5 biggest female albums from the early 00s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post
                        In The Zone streams would be impressive if 75% of the streams didn’t come from Toxic.
                        It’s an album from 2003, do you expect the album tracks to have 50M streams each? According to your logic none of those albums mentioned have impressive streams considering that their total comes from like 2 songs

Comment

• The majority of streams from old divas albums come from 1-3 songs and that’s it. There may be exceptions but normally the weight doesn’t go higher than 3 songs pushing most of it.

in Toxic’s case that song is just way too powerful and just that song alone has more streams than the Top 3 most streamed songs combined from other older albums. So yeah “Toxic” kinda overshadows ITZ but IMO this is nothing bad, it’s cool that she has a song of that caliber, Toxic’s streams alone are impressive and that song is still is part of the album anyways.

Comment

• A few months ago, "Oops!...I Did it Again" wasn't even Top 10 in that list and now it's about to jump to #9 (assuming I'm not missing anyone that is ). I love how its streams have picked up.

Soon she will have four albums with over 500 million streams on Spotify. That's what a discography full of hits looks like. Some of her peers barely have 1 album with decent streams and that's it.

Comment

• IMO cleary an amazing achievement for In The Zone.

It really doesn’t matter if it’s her most stream album because of the help of toxic...it’s like saying an album become big because of one smash hit bestseller single, and no one denying that as an album success.

love to see that the stream help ITZ became such classic...
                              I still think this album will get a lot of love and attention in her legacy (even more than her first three)

Comment

• Most streamed female albums from the first half of the 00s on Spotify - Saturday update

1. Beyoncé – Dangerously In Love – 681,101
                                2. Avril Lavigne – Let Go – 599,048
                                3. Kelly Clarkson – Breakaway – 596,155
                                4. Britney Spears – In the Zone – 482,004
                                5. Norah Jones – Come Away With Me – 473,205
                                6. Britney Spears – Oops!...I Did It Again – 436,826
                                ​​​​​​7. Gwen Stefani – Love. Angel. Music. Baby – 362,353
                                8. Alicia Keys – The Diary of Alicia Keys – 359,446
                                9. Destiny's Child – Survivor – 335,097
                                10. Christina Aguilera – Stripped – 320,537

"Oops!...I Did It Again" is killing it, and so is "In the Zone", of course.

Comment

• pedrolabre
                                  pedrolabre commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Im really impressed how albums with multiple 100 million songs getting hardly 300k daily streams

In the Zone & OOPS getting over 400k with currently only one +100M song

Pretty sure when they get other 100M songs this daily increase will be bigger

• @ Xtina Fan trying to put Down the power of In The Zone.
                                the album only got one true smash hit and only one song with over 100m.
                                which is more impressive than albums which have more than one song over 100m but they are lower than ITZ.
                                Last FM <3
                                Instagram

Comment

• “In The Zone” was impressive and a true survivor because it only got 3 global and promoted singles and out of those 3 singles only 2 really worked in the long run (MATM didn’t really age well or transcended).

So it’s a winner given it’s circumstances, good reviews, the album aged well and “Toxic” is a massive smash and does brilliant on streaming which makes the album’s total on spotify very solid.

Toxic is the heart of ITZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                    The majority of streams from old divas albums come from 1-3 songs and that’s it. There may be exceptions but normally the weight doesn’t go higher than 3 songs pushing most of it.

in Toxic’s case that song is just way too powerful and just that song alone has more streams than the Top 3 most streamed songs combined from other older albums. So yeah “Toxic” kinda overshadows ITZ but IMO this is nothing bad, it’s cool that she has a song of that caliber, Toxic’s streams alone are impressive and that song is still is part of the album anyways.
                                    This is even true for new diva albums in a lot of cases.
                                    " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
                                    Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• "In the Zone" received 100 million streams on Spotify in 187 days, from February 3 to August 8. That's 535,000 plays per day.

700 million: Feb. 2021
                                      800 million: Aug. 2021
                                      900 million: Feb. 2022
                                      1 billion: Aug. 2022

Comment

• ^ Impressive!
                                        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• 100million streams for ITZ in 6 months ... pretty good.

I think it can reach the next 100million within 5 months now (streaming is always a growing industry)

Comment

• According to this 535,000 plays per day, "In the Zone" will do another 77 million streams from August 9 to December 31. So it will potentially end the year with nearly 680 million.

Since she gains a lot streams in December with classics and My Only Wish, maybe nearly 690 million by December seems possible.
                                            Last edited by belmont; Tue August 11, 2020, 00:26.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                              X