Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Not only in the US, “Femme Fatale” was also a bigger era than “Blackout” in Canada and Latin America ... and yes “Blackout” was bigger in UK and Germany but the FF era was bigger than Blackout in France and Spain.

When you take everything into account: Album + singles performance + streaming activity + radio performance + touring performance , the FF era was bigger than “Blackout”.

As for “Blackout” selling more albums , well, it was released in 2007 which was a healthier period for album sales than 2011. Not to mention than “Blackout” didn’t even make the IFPI Top 40 best selling albums of the year (not with the shipments from 2007 and then not with the continued performance through 2008) ... in the meantime “Femme Fatale” was one of IFPI’s Top 25 best selling albums from 2011 meaning that “Femme Fatale” as an album did better than “Blackout” in relation / proportion of their market sizes during their respective years.

Obviously “Blackout” is the better album but the “Femme Fatale” era was bigger.
    True, but blackout was released Oct 31st if i remember right so tricky to make an impact on the annual chart

Comment

• Blackout more dancey and is the better album but i love FF also. It’s a sexual album and very pop

Comment

• Originally posted by thebritneykid View Post

True, but blackout was released Oct 31st if i remember right so tricky to make an impact on the annual chart
        IFPI works with shipments so the release date doesn’t matter that much. In fact the initial shipments during the first couple months are generally the strongest.

”In The Zone” was released on November 12, 2003 and based on shipments alone it automatically became the 8th best selling album of that same year (2003) according to IFPI. The “Circus” (album) also made the list and became the 15th biggest album of 2008 on the IFPI report with just one month of release (December, 2008).

“Blackout” wasn’t simply enough to make the annual Top 40 in any year.

I’m not against “Blackout” , I’m just being honest and transparent with the era.
        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

As for “Blackout” selling more albums , well, it was released in 2007 which was a healthier period for album sales than 2011. Not to mention than “Blackout” didn’t even make the IFPI Top 40 best selling albums of the year (not with the shipments from 2007 and then not with the continued performance through 2008) ... in the meantime “Femme Fatale” was one of IFPI’s Top 25 best selling albums from 2011 meaning that “Femme Fatale” as an album did better than “Blackout” in relation / proportion of their market sizes during their respective years.

You're wrong.

"Blackout" was #32 on IFPI's 2007 best sellers list with 2 million copies shipped.

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7-with-figures

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post

You're wrong.

"Blackout" was #32 on IFPI's 2007 best sellers list with 2 million copies shipped.

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7-with-figures
            Thanks for the correction. Obviously in this case I absolutely love being proven wrong as I’m very glad that “Blackout” managed to make the list. For years I thought it never made the top 40 (perhaps I was confused with that Mediatraffic Top 40 year end chart).

Still it was her lowest position on the annual IFPI chart out of her first 7 studio albums right?
            Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post
              Ivica how much is TSC selling per week when it enters the UK albums chart?
              Don't know exact info, but when it was re-entered @ #155 it has sold 943 copies and total was 226,733, now is 233,527!

Which means that it has sold 6,794k from no.165 to no.148 (7wks)
              Last FM <3
              Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by Ivica View Post

Don't know exact info, but when it was re-entered @ #155 it has sold 943 copies and total was 226,733, now is 233,527!

Thank you! How much would it need to sell to enter the top 100?

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post

Thank you! How much would it need to sell to enter the top 100?
                  More than 1k!
                  Last FM <3
                  Instagram

Comment

• SPOTIFY
                    Britney Spears Daily Daily %
                    Date Total Stream Addition Change Change
                    07-Aug-20 Friday 3,717,842,492
                    08-Aug-20 Saturday 3,720,569,274 2,726,782
                    09-Aug-20 Sunday 3,723,209,271 2,639,997 -86,785 -3%
                    10-Aug-20 Monday 3,725,522,923 2,313,652 -326,345 -12%
                    11-Aug-20 Tuesday 3,727,978,673 2,455,750 142,098 6%
                    12-Aug-20 Wednesday 3,730,482,547 2,503,874 48,124 2%
                    13-Aug-20 Thursday 3,733,019,023 2,536,476 32,602 1%
                    14-Aug-20 Friday 3,735,609,460 2,590,437 53,961 2%
                    15-Aug-20 Saturday 3,738,283,075 2,673,615 83,178 3%
                    16-Aug-20 Sunday 3,740,881,406 2,598,331 -75,284 -3%
                    17-Aug-20 Monday 3,743,147,121 2,265,715 -332,616 -13%
                    18-Aug-20 Tuesday 3,745,536,976 2,389,855 124,140 5%

Comment

• Originally posted by Ivica View Post

So it sold 970 copies as a weekly average for those 7 weeks. That isn’t pure sales though is it or is it .. it includes sale points..

Comment

Debate

Britney’s most remembered/iconic songs/videos

the top 10 surely has to be (In order)

1. Baby 2. Toxic 3. Oops 4. Slave 4 u 5. Womanizer 6. Gimme more 7. Crazy 8. Scream and shout ( if it was included) 8. Work bitch 9. Everytime 10. Circus

11. Till The world ends 12. Lucky 13. Sometimes 14. Me against the music 15. Piece of me 16. Stronger 17. I’m not a girl 18. Hold it against me 19. If u seek amy 20. 3

21. Born to make you happy 22. From the bottom of my broken 23. I wanna go 24. Break the ice 25. My prerogative 26. Criminal 27. Do somethin 28. Slumber party 29. Make me 30. My only wish 31. Radar 32. I love rock n roll 33. Boys 34. Pretty girls 35. Don’t let me be 36. Outrageous 37. Perfume 38. Ooh la la 39. Someday 40. Anticipating

Biggest eras:

Baby
                        Oops
                        In the Zone
                        Britney
                        Circus
                        Greatest hits My prerogative
                        Femme Fatale
                        Blackout
                        Britney Jean
                        Glory
                        Britney has had 10 eras really, not 9 (9 studio albums). I have based the order on album and singles sales only. Not tours/streams/radio plays. Have weighted albums 10 times more than single/digital sales.
                        Last edited by thebritneykid; Wed August 19, 2020, 22:37.

Comment

• I class 3 as part of the Circus era. So Circus era has 5 singles lol. Radar was released during the circus era so is a circus single not a blackout single.

Scream + shout (late 2012) / ooh la la (2013) as part of the Britney jean era (2013). Gives it 4 releases then p

Pretty girls (2015) part of Glory era (2016), it gives it 3 releases then. Makes each era look decent then. I believe it was initially meant to be the 1st single anyway.

Baby one more time - Someday is chapter 1
                          Gimme more - Slumber party is chapter 2

Will there be a chapter 3 after ‘free britney’ .. not that there needs to be. Maybe 2022
                          Last edited by thebritneykid; Wed August 19, 2020, 12:50.

Comment

• pedrolabre
                            pedrolabre commented
                            Editing a comment
                            This concept of Era only serves for fanbases of Teen Artists inflate the albums stats

Britney certainly doesn’t need this... doesn’t make any sense include 3 in Circus stats

In fact what makes The Singles Collection Gold eligible on US are 3 sales and streams

So it sold 970 copies as a weekly average for those 7 weeks. That isn’t pure sales though is it or is it .. it includes sale points..
                          Those are physical, digital + streaming sales!
                          Last FM <3
                          Instagram

Comment

I class 3 as part of the Circus era. So Circus era has 5 singles lol. Radar was released during the circus era so is a circus single not a blackout single.

Scream + shout (late 2012) / ooh la la (2013) as part of the Britney jean era (2013). Gives it 4 releases then p

Pretty girls (2015) part of Glory era (2016), it gives it 3 releases then. Makes each era look decent then. I believe it was initially meant to be the 1st single anyway.

Will there be a chapter 3 after ‘free britney’ .. not that there needs to be. Maybe 2022
                            It just doesn’t work like that. “Circus” didn’t have 5 singles and “3” was not a single from “Circus” LOL

Comment

I class 3 as part of the Circus era. So Circus era has 5 singles lol. Radar was released during the circus era so is a circus single not a blackout single.

I’m sorry but this is not chart analysis. I think this would be better off in her general thread.

Comment

• There is this narrative that Britney chart-runs have no longevity... of course she is far from being a record breaker, but besides Hold it Against Me, her hits had good runs

had no idea Womanizer & 3 had almost as many weeks at the top10 as BOMT, that’s impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by pedrolabre View Post
                                  There is this narrative that Britney chart-runs have no longevity... of course she is far from being a record breaker, but besides Hold it Against Me, her hits had good runs

had no idea Womanizer & 3 had almost as many weeks at the top10 as BOMT, that’s impressive
                                  During the digital / itunes era from 2007-2013 Britney spent 63 weeks inside the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100

Weeks inside Top 10:

- Gimme More - 4 weeks
                                  - Womanizer - 13 weeks
                                  - Circus - 5 weeks (4 weeks at #11 )
                                  - 3 - 11 weeks
                                  - Hold It Against Me - 5 weeks
                                  - Till The World Ends - 9 weeks
                                  - S&M Remix - 1 week (credited for one week)
                                  - I Wanna Go - 4 weeks
                                  - Scream & Shout - 11 weeks

Total = 63 weeks

—-

The yearly distribution of the 63 weeks was something like this (I could be slightly wrong):

Weeks inside Top 10:

2007 - 4 weeks
                                  2008 - 10 weeks
                                  2009 - 17 weeks
                                  2010 - 2 weeks
                                  2011 - 19 weeks
                                  2012 - 0 weeks
                                  2013 - 11 weeks

Comment

• 3 was huge chart wise

Comment

It just doesn’t work like that. “Circus” didn’t have 5 singles and “3” was not a single from “Circus” LOL
                                      Ha it’s just 3 was released like 4 months after radar. As great as 3 is it’s one single. Need at least 2 singles to call it an era in my book ha. 11 weeks on the Billboard top 10 was impressive for 3 and i remember that was around xmas/new year. A lot of competition then.

Comment

• Britney on the uk itv news today, regarding the conservatorship. ‘Over 2 decades after her 1st number 1’ That’s chart analysis newsreader said. It’s like 2006-2008 again. Scandal. In fact 2004-2008 (from Jason Alexander to 2008 rehab)
                                        baby/oops and toxic videos played as standard
                                        Last edited by thebritneykid; Wed August 19, 2020, 23:23.

Comment

Ha it’s just 3 was released like 4 months after radar. As great as 3 is it’s one single. Need at least 2 singles to call it an era in my book ha. 11 weeks on the Billboard top 10 was impressive for 3 and i remember that was around xmas/new year. A lot of competition then.
                                          How old are you, 10?

No matter what’s in your book. “3” won’t ever be counted towards the Circus’ album in any chart system / criteria in the world, so it’s pointless to come with theories and fantasies. “3” performance, SPS units / streaming activity will be counted towards “The Singles Collection” album which is where the song belongs.

Comment

Britney on the uk itv news today, regarding the conservatorship. ‘Over 2 decades after her 1st number 1’ newsreader said. It’s like 2006-2008 again. Scandal. In fact 2004-2008 (from Jason Alexander to 2008 rehab)
                                            baby/oops and toxic videos played as standard
                                            Please, remember this is the chart analysis forum.

For these kind of non chart related posts you should better use her thread in General Artists forum.

Thanks.

Comment

How old are you, 10?

No matter what’s in your book. “3” won’t ever be counted towards the Circus’ album in any chart system / criteria in the world, so it’s pointless to come with theories and fantasies. “3” performance, SPS units / streaming activity will be counted towards “The Singles Collection” album which is where the song belongs.
                                              Chill

Comment

• 131,195,512 - Im A Slave 4 U
                                                115,921,002 - Im Not a Girl Not Yet a Woman
                                                104,749,621 - Overprotected
                                                49,482,903 - Boys
                                                32,647,797 - I Love Rock N Roll
                                                330,025 - Im A Slave 4 U Apple Music Festival

Auto-Generated Videos: 11,465,815

4.501.598 - Im A Slave 4 U
                                                2.176.336 - Overprotected
                                                1.006.742 - Im Not a Girl Not Yet a Woman
                                                636.474 - Cinderella
                                                472.140 - Boys
                                                451.867 - I Love Rock N Roll
                                                425.864 - Lonely
                                                328.870 - Bombastic Love
                                                311.048 - What its Like to be Me
                                                281.590 - Anticipating
                                                276.820 - Let Me Be
                                                169.411 - Thats where you take me
                                                168.889 - I Run Away
                                                142.275 - When I Found You
                                                115.891 - Before the Goodbye

will take like one year to reach 500M views

far from a Huge figure, but at least is better than Glory (220M) & Britney Jean (410M)

currently these 3 albums are Britney only under Half Billion views
                                                Last edited by pedrolabre; Thu August 20, 2020, 16:54.

Comment

• Originally posted by pedrolabre View Post
                                                  far from a Huge figure, but at least is better than Glory (220M) & Britney Jean (410M)
                                                  Well, the “Britney (2001)” has at least 5 different music videos uploaded (“I’m A Slave 4 U”, “Overprotected”, “I’m Not A Girl Not Yet A Woman”, “I Love Rock N Roll” and “Boys”) while “Britney Jean” has what? 2 music videos? .. “Glory” 2 music videos + 1 VMA performance.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X