Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • UK Physical albums chart
    40 (N) Oops I Did It Again: Remixes & B-Sides

    UK Vinyl chart
    16 (N) Oops I Did It Again: Remixes & B-Sides
    Last FM <3
    Instagram

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post


      My Only Wish (This Year) has been added to “Christmas Hits” playlist on Spotify
      It wasn't there before? I see it's #20 too which is nice.


      Comment


      • Originally posted by Ivica View Post
        UK Physical albums chart
        40 (N) Oops I Did It Again: Remixes & B-Sides

        UK Vinyl chart
        16 (N) Oops I Did It Again: Remixes & B-Sides
        Also debuts at #47 on the sales chart (physical + downloads).

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Instinct View Post
          It wasn't there before? I see it's #20 too which is nice.
          Ya it's always been there. It seems that Spotify bumped a lot of pop acts up to the top end of the list and moved some of the classic Christmas songs down. Maybe to test out the skip ratio on newer/pop songs? Or perhaps it is just a customized playlist now and so we all have a different amount of pop song or a different order of songs. I know Spotify does that with lots of its playlists.

          Comment


          • I really don't know if it's too old but "I'm a Slave 4 U", "Oops!...I Did It Again", "Womanizer" and "Toxic" were added to the All Out 00s playlist on Spotify.
            Last edited by matheusbelmont; Sat October 3, 2020, 07:33.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by matheusbelmont View Post
              I really don't know if it's too old but "I'm a Slave 4 U", "Oops!...I Did It Again", "Womanizer" and "Toxic" were added to the All Out 00s playlist on Spotify.
              I can see “Oops”, “Slave” and “Toxic” in the playlist but not “Womanizer”.
              Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
              Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

              Comment


              • ^
                I have Womanizer as well. But the All Out playlists are personalized.

                Comment


                • Spotify streams yesterday

                  Toxic - 402,226
                  Oops!...I Did It Again - 291,145
                  ...Baby One More Time - 263,925
                  Womanizer - 201,290
                  Scream & Shout - 185,116
                  Gimme More - 149,644
                  Criminal - 123,272
                  Work Bitch - 103,465
                  Circus - 95,811
                  I'm a Slave 4 U - 88,391
                  Sometimes - 75,718

                  Toxic doing 400K, Womanizer 200K and Gimme More 150K

                  Comment


                  • “Oops I Did It Again” (song) has been doing slightly better than “Baby One More Time” (song) for a while now ..

                    ... Having these streams:

                    - Baby One More Time - 326,077,644
                    - Oops I Did It Again - 318,674,270

                    I think it’s safe to say that sooner or later “Oops I Did It Again” will end up surpassing “Baby One More Time” on Spotify eventually .. which is interesting. Wasn’t “Oops” stalled and doing like cr*p just a few years ago and way behind “Baby”? It has to be one of the fastest growing (old) pop songs lately.
                    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                    Comment


                    • Anyways “Womanizer” turns 12 years today.

                      Some chart, sales and career stats info:

                      - Over 7,3 million singles sold worldwide - pure sales (chartmasters).
                      - Eligible for a 5x Platinum Certification in USA.
                      - Over 220 million streams on Spotify.
                      - Platinum single in UK (her biggest song since “Toxic” over there).
                      - Number 1 hit song in the US and Top 10 hit everywhere around the world.
                      - 5 weeks at #1 in France.
                      - Over 3 months charting inside the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100.
                      - Her first Top 10 US radio song since 2004.

                      Overall “Womanizer” is one of her Top 3 biggest singles ever in the USA, and one of her Top 5 biggest singles ever both in UK and Worldwide.

                      Not bad for a single she released 10 years into her career and after her much controversial 2007 year.
                      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                      Comment




                      • Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                          “Oops I Did It Again” (song) has been doing slightly better than “Baby One More Time” (song) for a while now ..

                          ... Having these streams:

                          - Baby One More Time - 326,077,644
                          - Oops I Did It Again - 318,674,270

                          I think it’s safe to say that sooner or later “Oops I Did It Again” will end up surpassing “Baby One More Time” on Spotify eventually .. which is interesting. Wasn’t “Oops” stalled and doing like cr*p just a few years ago and way behind “Baby”? It has to be one of the fastest growing (old) pop songs lately.
                          On Youtube though BABY has 258 million more streams than OOPS and both videos debuted on the same day

                          Baby 534 million
                          Oops 276 million
                          Huge difference

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by thebritneykid View Post

                            On Youtube though BABY has 258 million more streams than OOPS and both videos debuted on the same day

                            Baby 534 million
                            Oops 276 million
                            Huge difference
                            That’s irrelevant to what I posted. I was talking about Spotify not Youtube.
                            Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                              Anyways “Womanizer” turns 12 years today.

                              Some chart, sales and career stats info:

                              - Over 7,3 million singles sold worldwide - pure sales (chartmasters).
                              - Eligible for a 5x Platinum Certification in USA.
                              - Over 220 million streams on Spotify.
                              - Platinum single in UK (her biggest song since “Toxic” over there).
                              - Number 1 hit song in the US and Top 10 hit everywhere around the world.
                              - 5 weeks at #1 in France.
                              - Over 3 months charting inside the Top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100.
                              - Her first Top 10 US radio song since 2004.

                              Overall “Womanizer” is one of her Top 3 biggest singles ever in the USA, and one of her Top 5 biggest singles ever both in UK and Worldwide.

                              Not bad for a single she released 10 years into her career and after her much controversial 2007 year.
                              Excluding scream and shout, womanizer is her biggest US seller (solo) and 2nd biggest seller worldwide after BABY (song).

                              Based on pure sales.
                              Last edited by thebritneykid; Sat October 3, 2020, 18:38.

                              Comment


                              • So You tube plus spotify:

                                860 M Baby
                                595 M Oops

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by thebritneykid View Post

                                  Excluding scream and shout, womanizer is her biggest US seller (solo) and 2nd biggest seller worldwide after BABY (song).
                                  It may be her best selling solo song BUT not her best performing and biggest hit on the Hot 100 (that title belongs to “Baby One More Time”), “Womanizer” is her second biggest hit song on the Hot 100 (and this was declared by Billboard when they revealed Britney’s Top 20 biggest hits in US 4 years ago). Source: https://www.billboard.com/articles/l...ongs-best-hits)



                                  And these days streaming and SPS units are also counted (not just pure sales) and based on that “Toxic” already surpassed “Womanizer” EVERYWHERE:

                                  UK
                                  Toxic - close to 900K units
                                  Womanizer - over 600K units

                                  in the USA both songs are eligible for a 5x Platinum certification with “Toxic” taking the lead.
                                  Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                  Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                    “Oops I Did It Again” (song) has been doing slightly better than “Baby One More Time” (song) for a while now ..

                                    ... Having these streams:

                                    - Baby One More Time - 326,077,644
                                    - Oops I Did It Again - 318,674,270

                                    I think it’s safe to say that sooner or later “Oops I Did It Again” will end up surpassing “Baby One More Time” on Spotify eventually .. which is interesting. Wasn’t “Oops” stalled and doing like cr*p just a few years ago and way behind “Baby”? It has to be one of the fastest growing (old) pop songs lately.
                                    You're not wrong...

                                    Late 2015


                                    Early 2016


                                    "Oops!...I Did It Again" wasn't even among her Top 5 most popular tracks. It had similar streams to "Womanizer", which was also quite forgotten at the time. Honestly, her legacy was kinda in the shambles before the "Glory" era. All of these songs that are doing great now ("Oops!...I Did It Again", "Womanizer", "Sometimes", "Gimme More", "Criminal", etc.) were nowhere to be seen. Besides "Toxic" and "...Baby One More Time", her streams were abysmal. Her catalog had a huge revival shortly after the BBMAs and all the touring she did at the time helped a lot.

                                    Comment


                                    • Album streams on Spotify yesterday (October 2nd)

                                      1. In the Zone — 510,419
                                      2. Oops!...I Did It Again — 429,614
                                      3. …Baby One More Time — 406,192
                                      4. Circus — 372,550
                                      5. Blackout — 266,120
                                      6. Femme Fatale — 258,194
                                      7. Britney — 173,864
                                      8. Britney Jean — 119,860
                                      9. Glory — 85,542

                                      "In the Zone" pulling over half a million streams is so satisfying to see. Plus, two other albums doing 400K... her streaming power is growing by the day

                                      This was back in January (also a Friday)

                                      1. In the Zone – 450,951
                                      2. Oops!...I Did It Again – 371,234
                                      3. ...Baby One More Time – 362,929
                                      4. Circus – 317,636
                                      5. Blackout – 215,678
                                      6. Femme Fatale – 187,464
                                      7. Britney – 137,670
                                      8. Britney Jean – 110,270
                                      9. Glory – 80,733

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                                        You're not wrong...

                                        "Oops!...I Did It Again" wasn't even among her Top 5 most popular tracks. It had similar streams to "Womanizer", which was also quite forgotten at the time. Honestly, her legacy was kinda in the shambles before the "Glory" era. All of these songs that are doing great now ("Oops!...I Did It Again", "Womanizer", "Sometimes", "Gimme More", "Criminal", etc.) were nowhere to be seen. Besides "Toxic" and "...Baby One More Time", her streams were abysmal. Her catalog had a huge revival shortly after the BBMAs and all the touring she did at the time helped a lot.
                                        ^ Yep, other than “Baby One More Time” and “Toxic” (which have always been her undeniable classics) the rest of her catalogue was doing bad just 4-5 years ago.

                                        Now we have “Oops I Did It Again” about to surpass “Baby One More Time” and “Womanizer”, “Gimme More”, “Sometimes”, “Circus”, etc doing strong. What a revival.

                                        I think her long Vegas show, the Millenium Award + BBMAs performance thing + recent touring in Europe and Asia gave a general boost and revival to her catalogue.

                                        I also noticed that by the time she was promoting “Glory” on every interview and appearance she did they would always mention and play “Oops I Did It Again” and “Womanizer” a lot when they were introducing her (which obviously helped too).

                                        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                                          Spotify streams yesterday

                                          Toxic - 402,226
                                          Oops!...I Did It Again - 291,145
                                          ...Baby One More Time - 263,925
                                          Womanizer - 201,290
                                          Scream & Shout - 185,116
                                          Gimme More - 149,644
                                          Criminal - 123,272
                                          Work Bitch - 103,465
                                          Circus - 95,811
                                          I'm a Slave 4 U - 88,391
                                          Sometimes - 75,718

                                          Toxic doing 400K, Womanizer 200K and Gimme More 150K
                                          I just wish work bitch was added in more playlists ..it deserves more streams

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

                                            ^ Yep, other than “Baby One More Time” and “Toxic” (which have always been her undeniable classics) the rest of her catalogue was doing bad just 4-5 years ago.

                                            Now we have “Oops I Did It Again” about to surpass “Baby One More Time” and “Womanizer”, “Gimme More”, “Sometimes”, “Circus”, etc doing strong. What a revival.

                                            I think her long Vegas show, the Millenium Award + BBMAs performance thing + recent touring in Europe and Asia gave a general boost and revival to her catalogue.

                                            I also noticed that by the time she was promoting “Glory” on every interview and appearance she did they would always mention and play “Oops I Did It Again” and “Womanizer” a lot when they were introducing her (which obviously helped too).
                                            Definitely. And even though she's taking a break from the music scene at the moment, she's always making headlines and people are checking her every move, which translates into streams.

                                            "Gimme More" also benefited from being featured on "Hustlers". After that its streams started increasing like crazy. Miley Cyrus is going to cover the song for her new Backyard Sessions (which always go viral and get millions of views), so I can't wait to see the effect. I love that it's becoming a proper classic just like "Womanizer."

                                            ---coddiecollins I agree. I just checked SpotOnTrack and "Work Bitch" it's not included on any major playlists. The biggest one is her own "This is Britney Spears"...


                                            Comment


                                            • Yeah she hasn’t released new music for a while now but she was still touring (A.K.A pushing her legacy forward) just 2 years ago.

                                              Right now with all of the things that are happening with her which is sad to say the least she has turned into the “conspiracy theory” artist of the year, literally there’s a new video every day about Britney’s “sick story” on Youtube and mystery channels. And while I feel bad for her, stuff like this only increase her nostalgia factor to upper levels which obviously translate into people going back to her old catalogue more than ever before.

                                              Despite Britney’s hiatus and drama behind the scenes for some strange reason her legacy only gets stronger year by year. Let’s not forget that just some months ago Rolling Stone named “Baby One More Time” the greatest debut single of all time and on top of that just a few days ago they added “Blackout” into their “500 Greatest Albums Of All Time” list. Stuff like this always keep her name and legacy alive. Every step for her music and songs to stand the test of time is being given.

                                              The effect is pronounced, sometimes when we lose someone or something we start to appreciate more what we lost. This is what happens when many artists die and even though Britney has not died I think it’s safe to say that she is a broken woman of Hollywood .. for this reason people start to look retrospectively at the things she did and career she had with a more appreciative eye and that’s why we see her legacy unstoppable. Let’s be real, 10 years ago the thought of Britney making RS’ all time albums list was impossible (in fact, she didn’t make it in the 2012 update) but today it was possible because people are starting to recognize more what she did, there’s more cult about her.

                                              And this obviously reflects on streaming. As of today we can always rely on solidified / bonafide classics in her catalogue such as “Baby One More Time”, “Oops I Did It Again”, “Toxic” and “Womanizer” with “Gimme More” growing fast and “My Only Wish” coming back strong every christmas.
                                              Last edited by MrLeonix; Sat October 3, 2020, 22:40.
                                              Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                              Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                                              Comment


                                              • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                                Yeah she hasn’t released new music for a while now but she was still touring (A.K.A pushing her legacy forward) just 2 years ago.
                                                I fully agree with everything. Her legacy keeps growing and her hits feel more present than ever before. Plus, I think people will be curious to check out her new music whenever she decides to release something. Personal drama aside, her career seems to be in a pretty good place at the moment.

                                                ---
                                                Happy 12th anniversary to "Womanizer", by the way! Truly one of the biggest comebacks in pop music and a big global hit that went Top 10 everywhere it charted.

                                                Spotify
                                                Womanizer – 220,520,185
                                                Womanizer (Benny Benassi Extended Mix) – 2,187,233
                                                Womanizer (Kaskade Remix) – 525,807
                                                Womanizer (Jason Nevins Radio Mix) – 182,135
                                                Womanizer (Tonal Extended Mix) – 118,749
                                                Womanizer (Jason Nevins Club Mix) – 115,190
                                                Womanizer (Junior's Tribal Electro Remix) – 88,708
                                                Womanizer (Bass Force Remix) – 41,970
                                                Womanizer (Mike Rizzo Funk Generation Radio) – 36,611
                                                Womanizer (Instrumental) – 26,211
                                                Total: 223,842,799 plays

                                                YouTube (official uploads)
                                                Womanizer (Director's Cut) – 296,139,117 + 5,754,450 = 301,893,567
                                                Womanizer (Live from Apple Music Festival, London, 2016) – 1,534,832
                                                Auto-generated audio – 15,420,265
                                                Total: 318,848,664 views

                                                5x Platinum eligible in the US (212 million streams as of May 2020 and 3.5 million pure sales as of March 2015). Amazing feat for a solo song released 10 years into her career.

                                                Comment


                                                • Wow thanks for all the info guys. I agree that Britney's legacy seems to be noticeably stronger the past few years. For a while it seems that it wasn't "cool" to like Britney any more, after the Femme Fatale era was over. (Work Bitch, perfume, the smurf song, and the Iggy azalea song were a bad combination. I don't think I've listened to any of those songs since they came out). But now that phase has passed and the nostalgia factor and overall appreciation of her music is very strong. I think Mr. Leonix has a good point about appreciating something more once it's gone. Britney isn't an active popstar anymore and I think everyone has finally accepted that. I imagine any new album she puts out will make a splash for a few weeks, but the best way to get a Britney fix is to go back and enjoy her catalogue. I still think a small comeback is possible, with the right music, but even if that doesn't happen I think her catalogue will continue to keep growing in value. I'm still waiting for "Stronger" to make a comeback haha.

                                                  I think "Toxic" gets an October boost in daily streams due to Halloween playlists btw.

                                                  Can anyone tell me what the biggest playlists for Till the Worlds Ends are? I find it surprising that it doesn't seem to make it on any of the big "All out 2010s" or Party 2010s type of playlists, yet half the songs on those playlists weren't even big hits. Thanks

                                                  Comment




                                                  • The consistency!
                                                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X