Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comment


    • Comment


      • Biggest opening numbers in USA with 6th studio albums:

        Female artists
        1. Taylor Swift - Reputation - 1,238,000
        2. Beyoncé - Lemonade - 653,000
        3. Britney Spears - Circus - 505,000
        4. P!nk - The Truth About Love - 281,000
        5. Lady Gaga - Chromatica - 274,000
        6. Mariah Carey - Butterfly - 236,000
        7. Janet Jackson - The Velvet Rope - 202,000
        8. Rihanna - Talk That Talk - 198,000
        9. Ariana Grande - Positions - 160,000 ??
        10. Shakira - Fijación Oral Vol 1 - 157,000
        11. Madonna - Bedtime Stories - 145,000
        12. Celine Dion - These Are Special Times - 126,000
        Are Taylor, Beyoncé and Britney the only female artists with a +500K opening for a 6th studio album?
        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

        Comment




        • The song is getting bigger every year yup
          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

          Comment


          • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
            Biggest opening numbers in USA with 6th studio albums:

            Female artists
            1. Taylor Swift - Reputation - 1,238,000
            2. Beyoncé - Lemonade - 653,000
            3. Britney Spears - Circus - 505,000
            4. P!nk - The Truth About Love - 281,000
            5. Lady Gaga - Chromatica - 274,000
            6. Mariah Carey - Butterfly - 236,000
            7. Janet Jackson - The Velvet Rope - 202,000
            8. Rihanna - Talk That Talk - 198,000
            9. Ariana Grande - Positions - 160,000 ??
            10. Shakira - Fijación Oral Vol 1 - 157,000
            11. Madonna - Bedtime Stories - 145,000
            12. Celine Dion - These Are Special Times - 126,000
            Are Taylor, Beyoncé and Britney the only female artists with a +500K opening for a 6th studio album?
            I believe so. The fact she’s Top 3 is truly amazing and speaks volumes about her longevity.

            How did her peers perform with their respective 6th studio albums?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
              Biggest opening numbers in USA with 6th studio albums:

              Female artists
              1. Taylor Swift - Reputation - 1,238,000
              2. Beyoncé - Lemonade - 653,000
              3. Britney Spears - Circus - 505,000
              4. P!nk - The Truth About Love - 281,000
              5. Lady Gaga - Chromatica - 274,000
              6. Mariah Carey - Butterfly - 236,000
              7. Janet Jackson - The Velvet Rope - 202,000
              8. Rihanna - Talk That Talk - 198,000
              9. Ariana Grande - Positions - 160,000 ??
              10. Shakira - Fijación Oral Vol 1 - 157,000
              11. Madonna - Bedtime Stories - 145,000
              12. Celine Dion - These Are Special Times - 126,000
              Are Taylor, Beyoncé and Britney the only female artists with a +500K opening for a 6th studio album?
              Mary J Blige - Love & Life - 285,298
              Enya - Amarantine - 178,498

              such an amazing list btw even some of these divas 7th or 8th albums were opened with +100k
              Last edited by Choley; Sat November 7, 2020, 23:10.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                How did her peers perform with their respective 6th studio albums?
                Well.. Beyoncé and P!nk are there in the list, they did good.
                Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Choley View Post

                  Mary J Blige - Love & Life - 285,298
                  Enya - Amarantine - 178,498

                  such an amazing list btw even some of these divas 7th or 8th albums were opened with +100k
                  Thanks for the contribution

                  —-

                  It’s worth mentioning that not only Britney had a +500K opening with a 6th studio album .. she’s also one of the very few ones that got a #1 on both the Billboard 200 and the Hot 100 with a 6th studio album.

                  Hopefully her label updates her certs on the RIAA soon so she can also be one of the very few female artists with a 6th studio album going Multi-Platinum.

                  Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                  Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                  Comment


                  • Does FF eligible for double Platinum?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Choley View Post
                      Does FF eligible for double Platinum?
                      Yes it is
                      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

                        Yes it is
                        So if i remember this right

                        Bomt - 14xP
                        Oops - 11xP
                        Britney - 5xP
                        ITZ - 4xp
                        GH:MP - 1xP
                        Blackout - 1xP
                        Circus - 3xP
                        Singles Collection - Gold
                        FF - 2xP
                        BJ - Gold

                        Should be 42xP

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Choley View Post

                          So if i remember this right

                          Bomt - 14xP
                          Oops - 11xP
                          Britney - 5xP
                          ITZ - 4xp
                          GH:MP - 1xP
                          Blackout - 1xP
                          Circus - 3xP
                          Singles Collection - Gold
                          FF - 2xP
                          BJ - Gold

                          Should be 42xP
                          Yep. But if I were her label or team I would do something different.

                          Being strategic enough I wouldn’t count any BOMT or OIDIA single towards their parent albums. Let’s be real, those albums are already Diamond, they don’t really need more certifications and they don’t even get a big effect / change after adding the SPS units.

                          What I’d do instead is counting the lesser singles (“Sometimes”, “Crazy”, “Lucky” and “Stronger”) towards GHMP so it goes Double Platinum ... and the two biggest ones (“Baby” and “Oops”) towards TSC so it goes Platinum. In that way I would give Britney one extra Multi-Platinum album and another extra Platinum album and her results could look like this:

                          BOMT - 14xP
                          OIDIA - 10xP
                          Britney - 5xP
                          ITZ - 4xP
                          GHMP - 2xP
                          Blackout - 1xP
                          Circus - 3xP
                          TSC - 1xP
                          FF - 2xP
                          BJ - Gold

                          The total is nearly the same (42,5xP this time) but the distribution would be much better (7 Multi-Platinum albums and 9 Platinum albums overall).

                          Hopefully her label gets it and uses some logic by the time they decide to update her certifications.
                          Last edited by MrLeonix; Sat November 7, 2020, 23:51.
                          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

                            Yep. But if I were her label or team I would do something different.

                            Being strategic enough I wouldn’t count any BOMT or OIDIA single towards their parent albums. Let’s be real, those albums are already Diamond, they don’t really need more certifications and they don’t even get a big effect / change after adding the SPS units.


                            The total is nearly the same (42,5xP this time) but the distribution would be much better (7 Multi-Platinum albums and 9 Platinum albums overall).

                            Hopefully her label gets it and uses some logic by the time they decide to update her certifications.
                            I would do the same too but i thought that Oops sold 11M in pure sales alone.
                            10.4M with Nielsen + BMG but what about Columbia House?I know we don't have any data from that club though

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Choley View Post

                              I would do the same too but i thought that Oops sold 11M in pure sales alone.
                              10.4M with Nielsen + BMG but what about Columbia House?I know we don't have any data from that club though
                              Don’t know about the Columbia House info. Sadly.

                              Also “Scream & Shout” is included in Britney’s compilation album “The Essential Britney Spears” (released in 2013). In that case I’m not sure if her team or label can ask for S&S data to be counted towards this album for certification purpose.

                              It’s complicated when the same song is featured in two different artists’ albums but I think Carlos Vives & Shakira collab single “La Bicicleta” data which is featured in both artists’ albums counted for both of them.
                              Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                              Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                              Comment


                              • I haven't done any estimates for Blackout in a while but with Gimme More picking up on streaming, I feel like it won't take too long before its eligible for 2x Platinum.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

                                  Don’t know about the Columbia House info. Sadly.

                                  Also “Scream & Shout” is included in Britney’s compilation album “The Essential Britney Spears” (released in 2013). In that case I’m not sure if her team or label can ask for S&S data to be counted towards this album for certification purpose.

                                  It’s complicated when the same song is featured in two different artists’ albums but I think Carlos Vives & Shakira collab single “La Bicicleta” data which is featured in both artists’ albums counted for both of them.
                                  I believe each SEA and TEA can be counted for one album only, but the artist could share and for ex. La Bicicleta or Senorita, half streams would go for one album and the other half to other

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by pedrolabre View Post

                                    I believe each SEA and TEA can be counted for one album only, but the artist could share and for ex. La Bicicleta or Senorita, half streams would go for one album and the other half to other
                                    Cool thanks for the info.

                                    I guess it’s a good thing that Will.I.Am has not used the track to update his cert yet. So they could share (50/50).

                                    “S&S” is basically responsible for (around) 750K album equivalent units in USA. Half of that would be 375K units that could potentially go towards “The Essential Collection”.

                                    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                                      I believe so. The fact she’s Top 3 is truly amazing and speaks volumes about her longevity.
                                      The opening week of Circus was really really impressive.

                                      Comment


                                      • Circus era:

                                        - 500K opening week? Checked.
                                        - #1 album? Checked.
                                        - #1 single? Checked.
                                        - Multi-Platinum Eligible? Checked.
                                        - +$100M tour? Checked.

                                        That’s how you pull a 6th studio album and that folks is the reason Britney will always be an Icon. She made sure to DO a lot in order to cement her status in the music industry before her fall.... by the time she fell into chart irrelevance she was already too big and cemented.

                                        IMO her first 6 studio albums / eras: BOMT-Circus (1998-2009) will always guarantee her free pass as an Icon and eternal high status in the music industry. “Femme Fatale” was also cute with it’s hit singles and radio success but IMO her first 6 eras were the ones that set her legacy in stone.
                                        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

                                          Cool thanks for the info.

                                          I guess it’s a good thing that Will.I.Am has not used the track to update his cert yet. So they could share (50/50).

                                          “S&S” is basically responsible for (around) 750K album equivalent units in USA. Half of that would be 375K units that could potentially go towards “The Essential Collection”.
                                          Scream & Shout is 7x platinum eligible?

                                          Comment


                                          • Toxic got another 400k update, second in November



                                            the song already received 2.718.693 streams on Spotify this month (388k average)
                                            Last edited by pedrolabre; Sun November 8, 2020, 17:11.

                                            Comment


                                            • Huge numbers! At this rate it'll end 2020 with 498,206,980 streams. Maybe a bit higher with NYE effect.

                                              Comment


                                              • The average for Toxic in Nov 2019 was 300k and the song got 534k at new years eve, so i expect to finally enter the Spotify Global Daily Top 200

                                                Comment




                                                • I hope the song has a chance to enter the Billboard Top 100 in December.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • I’m looking forward to seeing if Britney can get an official chart placement on the uk official chart with my only wish this year because she now she has a new version would it be free from the ACR it has been on?

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X