Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Originally posted by JBLover
    Im not complaining but you should fix BOMT sales. It sold 27M, not 7M.
    Nope, its fine. The image and its data ara besed on "2000s" achievement. "Baby one more time" was released in January 1999 and sold the majority of its units through the 1999 year but its sales also extended through 2000 and its estimated that it sold 7 million units after that year.
    Awwww sorry I misread it. I thought it was from the beginning of her career. I never knew that BOMT sold 20M copies a year
    Hottest Men on Earth Rate 2016 Edition

Comment

• Does anyone have list of best selling digital artists in the USA now? When FF er aended, she was No.10 with 28M digital sales.

Comment

• 15- I Told I Was Trouble World Tour – Amy Winehouse – 2006-2008
        14- Funhouse World Tour – Pink – 2009
        13- Showgirl Homecoming Tour – Kylie Minogue – 2006-2007
        12- Dream Within a Dream World Tour – Britney Spears – 2001-2002
        11- The Beyonce Experience World Tour – Beyonce – 2007
        10- Drowned World Tour – Madonna – 2001
        09- Back to Basics World Tour – Christina Aguilera – 2007
        08- “X2008? World Tour – Kylie Minogue – 2008
        07- I Am World Tour – Beyonce – 2009-2010
        06- The Taking Chance World Tour – Celine Dion – 2008-2009
        05- The Circus Starring: Britney Spears World Tour – Britney Spears – 2009
        04- The Farewell World Tour – Cher – 2002-2005
        03- The Reinvention World Tour – Madonna – 2004-The most successful tour of 2004 by any solo or group.
        02- The Confessions World Tour – Madonna – 2006-The most successful by a female EVER till her next tour happened.
        01- The Sticky & Sweet World Tour – Madonna – 2008-2009-The most successful by a solo, female or male, EVER
        Just found this list through a link on her wikipedia page. Not sure what "most profitable tours" means and how they calculate it but Britney appears twice on the list. Beyonce appears twice too. So this is amazing.

Comment

• Yeah but that list is quite old, Circus probably is out of top 10 now.
          Buy and stream Britney's new hot sinlgle: "Make Me...".

Comment

• Right now in the 10s there have been more +100m and +200m Tours than ever before. However by the time Britney did the "Circus Tour" the standards were different, and in order to have an idea how huge it was its important to know that by the time she pulled that Tour it became the 5th Highest grossing female Tour ever made / in HISTORY and 2 spots on the top 5 belonged to Madonna which means that as of 2009 4 female artists (Madonna, Celine Dion, Cher and Britney Spears) pulled the biggest female tours ever known until that point, so the "Circus Tour" was a massive and record breaking Tour for the standards of that time / previous decade.
            Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• "Most profitable tours" -

Madonna fans will do ANYTHING to enhance her status [as if she even needs it].

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne
                "Most profitable tours" -

Madonna fans will do ANYTHING to enhance her status [as if she even needs it].
                How "mod"ly of you.

Comment

• According to oljo.de, Work B*tch has sold 91,000 copies in Germany.

Comment

• Originally posted by HighOffMyLove
                    According to oljo.de, Work B*tch has sold 91,000 copies in Germany.
                    can u link us?
                    Last FM <3
                    Instagram

Comment

• Speaking of Germany

Album: The Essential Britney Spears

iTunes:
                      #40 Germany

Comment

• Originally posted by HighOffMyLove
                        According to oljo.de, Work B*tch has sold 91,000 copies in Germany.
                        How far away is from certification?

Comment

• Hard to believe Work Bitch sold 91k in Germany, but not impossible.

Do they include streaming??

I do remember though, that back when it was released it got discounted several times so its peak position sucked since it's a chart based on money grossed, but from that to 91k seems very unlikely :-?
                          Buy and stream Britney's new hot sinlgle: "Make Me...".

Comment

• UK iTunes

#450 ...Baby One More Time

German ITunes

#16 The Essential Britney Spears
                            Last FM <3
                            Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by nickf1
                              German ITunes

#16 The Essential Britney Spears
                              ...and on the other side
                              UK Amazon
                              #4,980 Britney Jean Deluxe Edition £1.59

Comment

• Just shows people that they don't care for her album discography unless it has actually 'good' songs on it

She should release an emotion and maybe she will slay again
                                BS:TS:IA:NM

Comment

• Oh it's not £1.59 btw?

it's £7.99

Comment

• Digital version costs 7.99, but physical copy is being sold for just 1.59...

Comment

• Up to #11 in Germany

that's actually some crazy ass collection and I think different from US one..

https://itunes.apple.com/de/album/the-e ... d686778973
                                      Last FM <3
                                      Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by arab
                                        Digital version costs 7.99, but physical copy is being sold for just 1.59...
                                        Ohhh sorry I didn't properly read that it said Amazon

Comment

Up to #11 in Germany

That is an actual / official RCA compilation release from Britney, but it had no announcement and wasn't promoted or supporting with any new songs or singles like she did with "Greatest hits: My Prerogative" or "The singles collection". Its probably just a contract filler release, I wonder why is it charting so high in Germany tho? What did happen? Was a Britney documentary aired or Did someone sing one of her songs on some talent show or what?
                                          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• http://www.oljo.de/jahrescharts2011_singles_101_200.php

TTWE sold almost 60.000 units here in 2011. Work Bitch had a similar chart run and our singles market was a lot healther during 2013 than it was in 2011. I believe it... Work Bitch was bigger here than the peak would tell you. To me it felt bigger than other singles from her in a long time. not counting Scream & Shout obviously

Comment

• I hope The Essential Britney Spears enters the top 10 on itunes! I think Im going to buy another copy... still #11

Comment

• It's still not going to enter chart, you do know that?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
                                                  Originally posted by nickf1
                                                  Up to #11 in Germany

That is an actual / official RCA compilation release from Britney, but it had no announcement and wasn't promoted or supporting with any new songs or singles like she did with "Greatest hits: My Prerogative" or "The singles collection". Its probably just a contract filler release, I wonder why is it charting so high in Germany tho? What did happen? Was a Britney documentary aired or Did someone sing one of her songs on some talent show or what?
                                                  It was reduced to 3,99 €, nw is back to normal prize 9,99 €
                                                  Last FM <3
                                                  Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen
                                                    It's still not going to enter chart, you do know that?
                                                    It doesn't matter, its selling extra copies and thats nice.

Originally posted by MrLeonix
                                                    Up to #11 in Germany

It was reduced to 3,99 €, nw is back to normal prize 9,99 €
                                                    Thanks. Interesting how the discount worked considering its basically an unknown Britney album

Comment

• yeah I remember last year or year before TSC was no.1 on iTunes there

now that collection is out of top1500 XD

Originally posted by BritneyFatale
                                                      http://www.oljo.de/jahrescharts2011_singles_101_200.php

TTWE sold almost 60.000 units here in 2011. Work Bitch had a similar chart run and our singles market was a lot healther during 2013 than it was in 2011. I believe it... Work Bitch was bigger here than the peak would tell you. To me it felt bigger than other singles from her in a long time. not counting Scream & Shout obviously
                                                      interesting that IWG is not there and that Criminal has sold more xD is there a list for 2012, 2013 etc?
                                                      Last FM <3
                                                      Instagram

Comment

interesting that IWG is not there and that Criminal has sold more xD is there a list for 2012, 2013 etc?
                                                        I see it there.

Till the world ends - 54,482
                                                        I wanna go - 25,771
                                                        Hold it against me - 20,274
                                                        Criminal - 11,489

Comment

• oh Imust have overlooked it
                                                          Last FM <3
                                                          Instagram

Comment

• The Femme Fatale era brought several peaks and new things for Britney's career.

- "Femme Fatale" produced her Most successful and biggest Radio era of her entire career with over 315million Audience impressions and 3 consecutive pop radio hits.

- "Femme Fatale" produced the Biggest solo Radio / Airplay hit of her entire career two times, first "Till the world ends" became her biggest Radio hit during its release just to be surpassed later by "I wanna go" which ultimately remains as her biggest Radio hit ever.

- The lead single "Hold it against me" broke digital and radio records at the moment, and as of today still remains as the 4th highest debut ever on Pop radio in US.

- "Femme Fatale" became her Top / Biggest streaming era of her career on Spotify and streaming devices and 3 of its music videos were VEVO certified.

- "Femme Fatale" became her Top dance/club play album / era of her career producing 3 #1 dance club hits and one additional charting club song.

- "Femme Fatale" is her album with most Top 10 hits.

Trivia:

- The release of "Femme Fatale" is the responsible of making Britney one of the very few artists to have both, a #1 album and a #1 single in 3 different decades.

Comment

• Great post. This is why I don't consider Femme Fatale a career low for Britney, I never did. One can never go against several records, a #1 single (two if we count the S&M remix), two big radio hits, 15+ million records sold, 3 top 10 singles, 3 platinum singles, etc. Even if the album underperformed, it gave her certifications in several countries including her 8th Platinum RIAA album. Like you said a while ago, every era (until Britney Jean) was her peak in some way.

Unrelated to the FF era, but Britney is one of the few females that have topped the official singles chart of every relevant music market

Australia
                                                              Austria
                                                              Belgium (Flanders)/Belgium (Wallonia)
                                                              Canada
                                                              Denmark
                                                              Finland
                                                              France
                                                              Germany
                                                              Ireland
                                                              Italy
                                                              Netherlands
                                                              New Zealand
                                                              Norway
                                                              Spain
                                                              Sweden
                                                              Switzerland
                                                              United Kingdom
                                                              United States

Not counting Japan (Oricon) because none of them would be eligible. Has any international female ever topped the Oricon singles chart? If we count the international chart though, Britney has a few #1s there, as well as some others.

The following females have topped them all at one point:

Madonna
                                                              Britney Spears
                                                              Rihanna
                                                              Shakira
                                                              Adele
                                                              Celine Dion
                                                              Whitney Houston
                                                              Jennifer Lopez
                                                              Lady Gaga

If I'm missing anyone, please let me know.

Britney's #1 singles:

Australia (5)
                                                              Austria (4)
                                                              Belgium (Flanders)/Belgium (Wallonia) (9)
                                                              Canada (9)
                                                              Denmark (7)
                                                              Finland (5)
                                                              France (3)
                                                              Germany (3)
                                                              Ireland (8)
                                                              Italy (4)
                                                              Netherlands (4)
                                                              New Zealand (5)
                                                              Norway (6)
                                                              Spain (3)
                                                              Sweden (4)
                                                              Switzerland (5)
                                                              United Kingdom (6)
                                                              United States (5)

In terms of cumulative #1 singles, only Madonna and Rihanna have more than her.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X