Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
    20 years? You do realize it wasn't available to purchase individually when it came out in 2000, right? It's an album track.
    Nope. The troll doesn’t know the track was not available for individual purchase back in 2000.
    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Well I mean to receive a certification after 20 years? I just heard so much talk about the song this year and how it was slaying I just had hopes that it would appear in the official UK charts. Great that it is set to chart in Germany though, they seem to love it. It peaked there at 33 a few years ago I think.
      It wasn’t even available to purchase when it came out. And a lot of hits from that time are certified silver or aren’t certified at all so

Comment

• The thing with My Only Wish is that its success has been 100% organic. Britney has NEVER acknowledged the song, let alone released a full Christmas record/EP like most of her peers have. So when we celebrate its success, we don't actually mean it's becoming AIWFCIY 2.0.... we're just happy to see it doing well. Dunno why that bothers some of you.

140 million streams is nothing to put down either. It's currently the 5th or 6th most streamed Christmas song by a female artist.

Comment

The thing with My Only Wish is that its success has been 100% organic. Britney has NEVER acknowledged the song, let alone released a full Christmas record/EP like most of her peers have. So when we celebrate its success, we don't actually mean it's becoming AIWFCIY 2.0.... we're just happy to see it doing well. Dunno why that bothers some of you.

140 million streams is nothing to put down either. It's currently the 5th or 6th most streamed Christmas song by a female artist.
          Don’t ever justify yourself for celebrating that language barrier breaking classic

the song is already charting this week on OFFICIAL charts of Germany, Austria and Denmark (and more countries will join in the upcoming weeks).

Also amazing to get a +140million song on Spotify without US / UK support.
          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

The thing with My Only Wish is that its success has been 100% organic. Britney has NEVER acknowledged the song, let alone released a full Christmas record/EP like most of her peers have. So when we celebrate its success, we don't actually mean it's becoming AIWFCIY 2.0.... we're just happy to see it doing well. Dunno why that bothers some of you.

What does 100 percent organic even mean ? It's on loads of Christmas playlists which is where most of its traction comes from - like a lot of other Christmas songs. Like she doesn't need to do anything else.
            " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
            Stan of Meredith.

Comment

What does 100 percent organic even mean ? It's on loads of Christmas playlists which is where most of its traction comes from - like a lot of other Christmas songs. Like she doesn't need to do anything else.
              Be that as it may, as a song from 2000 it has not even been promoted....once... I think that’s what Instinct meant.
              we will rise to meet the challenge every time

Comment

• Most streamed christmas songs by lead female artists

792,164,361 - Maria Carey - All I Want For Christmas is You
                434,443,803 - Ariana Grande - Santa Tell Me
                326,524,222 - Brenda Lee - Rocking Around the Christmas Tree
                203,114,974 - Kelly Clarkson - Underneath the Tree
                169,366,380 - The Ronettes - Sleigh Ride
                149,011,031 - The Fontane Sister & Perry Como - Its Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas
                141,609,293 - Britney Spears - My Only Wish This Year
                137,537,701 - Shania Twain & Michael Buble - White Christmas
                125,426,346 - Meghan Trainor - Ill Be Home
                121,269,262 - Eartha Kitt - Santa Baby

6th solo song
                5th song by solo artist
                3rd song from 21 century
                1st song from 2000s decade

Comment

• Originally posted by pedrolabre View Post
                  Most streamed christmas songs by lead female artists

792,164,361 - Maria Carey - All I Want For Christmas is You
                  434,443,803 - Ariana Grande - Santa Tell Me
                  326,524,222 - Brenda Lee - Rocking Around the Christmas Tree
                  203,114,974 - Kelly Clarkson - Underneath the Tree
                  169,366,380 - The Ronettes - Sleigh Ride
                  149,011,031 - The Fontane Sister & Perry Como - Its Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas
                  141,609,293 - Britney Spears - My Only Wish This Year
                  137,537,701 - Shania Twain & Michael Buble - White Christmas
                  125,426,346 - Meghan Trainor - Ill Be Home
                  121,269,262 - Eartha Kitt - Santa Baby

6th solo song
                  5th song by solo artist
                  3rd song from 21 century
                  1st song from 2000s decade
                  So, Santa Tell Me and Underneath the Tree are the only songs released this millennium that rank higher. And they both have music videos and are attached to Christmas albums/EP. Not to mention endless promo performances.

All these songs are also singles. My Only Wish is the only album track here.

Comment

• SITS has been added onto new music Friday on uk Spotify

Comment

So, Santa Tell Me and Underneath the Tree are the only songs released this millennium that rank higher. And they both have music videos and are attached to Christmas albums/EP. Not to mention endless promo performances.

All these songs are also singles. My Only Wish is the only album track here.
                      Why do you keep trying to push this narrative that My only wish is an "album track" It's a single, with a seperate release on Spotify on Britney's page, with artwork. It has an official audio on her youtube page since 2013 and it has had physically released vinyl singles this year and is available for purchase individually as a single on all platforms. It also gets radio play. It's a single, which is doing very nicely for Britney actually. No need to try and pretend it is some sort of random album track that is getting random streams - it is heavily playlisted.
                      Last edited by InFamous; Thu December 10, 2020, 22:04.
                      Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• I think both “sides” have a point.

It’s not “organic” since it’s in every Xmas playlist on Spotify. Organic is a song that it’s not playlisted and becomes a hit because it’s viral on Tik Tok or for some other reason or an album track that it’s a fan favourite.

It’s a fact that in the downloads era, the song was available on iTunes and other platforms (in Xmas compilations) and it didn’t chart. (Unlike other Xmas songs). It’s been now in the streaming era, thanks to all the playlists support, that the song has become much more popular and even charts every year in certain countries.
                        But just like many other Xmas songs. I mean, look at the charts now! Because of streaming the charts are FULL of Xmas songs, while on the downloads era only the classics and big ones made the charts.

On the other hand, it’s true that, up to this year with the cover and the physical release, it was just a random track without a video, promo or any kind of recognition by Britney herself. And yet, it has performed way better than many other Xmas songs heavily promoted.

So, credit where it’s due. It has become a modern Xmas pop classic and it’s performing better every year.
                        But honestly, it’s not “organic” either and it’s not a random album track that people have decided to stream. The heavy playlisting played a big part on its success.

Comment

• ^ I totally agree with all of this 100 percent.
                          Stan of Meredith.

Comment

Why do you keep trying to push this narrative that My only wish is an "album track" It's a single, with a seperate release on Spotify on Britney's page, with artwork. It has an official audio on her youtube page since 2013 and it has had physically released vinyl singles this year and is available for purchase individually as a single on all platforms. It also gets radio play. It's a single, which is doing very nicely for Britney actually. No need to try and pretend it is some sort of random album track that is getting random streams - it is heavily playlisted.
                            Because it's not a single no matter how hard you to try and push this narrative. A 'single' is a song promoted to radio or at least a song with a music video. My Only Wish doesn't have any of that. It's just an album track that became popular. A vinyl release that's limited to 2K copies =/= a real single.

You only want this to be a "single" so you can claim it's flopping.

Comment

A random Audio on YouTube doesn’t make a song a single... it should be easy and now that I Found you got audios and that meant anything

the song still got 127M streams before getting a promo cover and vinyl release, this doesn’t put the song as the same spot as Britney usual real standalone singles like Ooh La La and Pretty Girls

when we say the growth was organic is because there was demand and every year the song received more exposure and evidence on Streaming playlists... a lot songs are coming and going in these playlists and MOW manages to get bigger and bigger every year

There’s no such thing as pure organic... every song on Spotify depends on playlisting, every tiktok or youtube viral depends on an algorithm, radio is pure payola

you can say what you want... but this song never got real promotion for at least 13 years

after this was gradually exposed on Spotify playlists just like every Christmas songs that exist

got one audio on YouTube and then in it’s 20 years birthday got a limited vinyl release with a digital standalone release with a new cover

its gonna be pretty impressive every achievement it gets

Comment

No need to try and pretend it is some sort of random album track that is getting random streams - it is heavily playlisted.
                                But that’s exactly what it is. It was initially included on a random Christmas compilation about 20 years ago and it started gaining some popularity in some European countries when the digital era started. The reason why it’s included in some playlists is probably because the label saw the potential of the song.

Comment

• The song is playlisted because there’s demand for it. No one is going to playlist something every year if there wasn’t a bunch of demand that justifies the inclusion on the playlist. So it’s not like the song is popular because of the playlists .. its the other way around, the song is so popular that they have to playlist it every year.

Songs that are playlisted and don’t get good numbers end up being removed from the playlist quickly.

And nope. MOW is not a Britney single. But yeah it’s a very popular song from her catalogue (in non-english speaking countries).

Comment

• Let's go Queen and Kings

Matches
                                    iTunes:
                                    #2 Philippines (NE)
                                    #4 Spain (NE)
                                    #17 Philippines (NE)
                                    #25 Turkey (NE)
                                    #33 Italy (NE)
                                    #35 France (NE)
                                    #37 New Zealand (NE)
                                    #44 Turkey (NE)
                                    #46 Australia (NE)
                                    #59 Belgium (NE)
                                    #64 Italy (NE)
                                    #76 India (NE)
                                    #95 Spain (NE)
                                    #111 Netherlands (NE)
                                    #118 Norway (NE)
                                    #179 Indonesia (NE)
                                    #336 Russia (NE)

Comment

• Glory jumped to 329,426,675 streams (from 323,752,660).

Comment

Glory jumped to 329,426,675 streams (from 323,752,660).
                                        What do you mean? Like all in one day? Where did the streams come from?

Comment

• Originally posted by ksg22 View Post

What do you mean? Like all in one day? Where did the streams come from?
                                          The effect of Swimming In The Stars + Mood Ring + Mood Ring Remixes getting added to the tracklist for the Spotify’s release of the album’s re-issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

The effect of Swimming In The Stars + Mood Ring + Mood Ring Remixes getting added to the tracklist for the Spotify’s release of the album’s re-issue.
                                            Oh I see. It hasn't come out in my country yet. The Mood Ring Pride Remix has done surprisingly well tho.

So what are everyone's predictions for Matches first week? SITS did 2M; I imagine Matches could get 3M due to having the BSB.

Comment

• Originally posted by ksg22 View Post

Oh I see. It hasn't come out in my country yet. The Mood Ring Pride Remix has done surprisingly well tho.

So what are everyone's predictions for Matches first week? SITS did 2M; I imagine Matches could get 3M due to having the BSB.
                                              its getting slightly better positions on New Music Friday playlists so i guess will have a better start, at least 2.5M

On youtube i think will do worse, since its only an auto-generated video and its not on her official channel

Comment

• Originally posted by pedrolabre View Post

its getting slightly better positions on New Music Friday playlists so i guess will have a better start, at least 2.5M

On youtube i think will do worse, since its only an auto-generated video and its not on her official channel
                                                I don't think the actual audio is supposed to be out yet. Not until 12 AM est.

Comment

Because it's not a single no matter how hard you to try and push this narrative. A 'single' is a song promoted to radio or at least a song with a music video. My Only Wish doesn't have any of that. It's just an album track that became popular. A vinyl release that's limited to 2K copies =/= a real single.

You only want this to be a "single" so you can claim it's flopping.
                                                  Stop inventing things out of nowhere. I never said anything about the song "flopping". It may not be a single single but it is in no way just an album track like you continually try to claim. Seeing as it is not actually part of any Britney album it appears as a seperate release on her spotify page !! At the very least at this stage it would be a promo single, definitely not an album track. As it's already been established it's a heavily playlisted seasonal track and has been given a lot of support.
                                                  Also this was promoted to radio and has even appeared on the billboard holiday airplay charts Peaking at no 7 in 2001.

Anyway great to see this re-enter some official charts. Maybe in years to come Britney can do some Christmas performances.
                                                  Last edited by InFamous; Fri December 11, 2020, 04:31.
                                                  Stan of Meredith.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X