Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Choley
    replied
    Some fan pages says the 'Britney' album sold 9 million units with SPS in Us . Is that true? Britney is her weakest album in streaming platforms so how many units sold with SPS in US?

    Leave a comment:


  • MrLeonix
    replied
    This day, 15 years ago "Me Against The Music" featuring Madonna was released as the lead single of "In The Zone"



    The song gave birth to the amazing "In The Zone" era and became an global hit single reaching #1 in Australia, Denmark, Ireland and Spain, #2 in UK and the Top 10 in most markets around the world, in the USA it reached the Top 40 and went #1 on the dance chart (it currently remains as her least impactful lead single in America).

    A heavily choreographed music video was released for it which found great popularity on MTV, however as of today the song became one of Spears' most forgotten singles, for some reason it fails to gain decent recurrent stats ("I Love Rock N Roll" and "Boys" have more streams on Spotify than it, no kidding) making "Me Against The Music" one of the worst performing recurrent singles out of Britney's golden period singles, as well as its music video being one of her least viewed on the Youtube platform.


    Britney's first 4 studio albums on Spotify:

    * As of September 22, 2018

    1. Toxic - 227,2 million
    2. Baby One More Time - 166,8 million
    3. Oops I Did It Again - 146,9 million
    4. Everytime - 48,7 million
    5. I'm A Slave 4 U - 46,1 million
    6. (You Drive Me) Crazy - 42,6 million
    7. Stronger - 36,7 million
    8. Lucky - 34,3 million
    9. Sometimes - 30,4 million
    10. Overprotected - 22,3 million
    11. I'm Not A Girl Not Yet A Woman - 18,4 million
    12. Born To Make You Happy - 18 million
    13. I Love Rock N Roll - 17,5 million
    14. Boys - 17,1 million
    15. Me Against The Music - 17 million
    16. Outrageous - 7,6 million
    17. Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know - 7,4 million
    18. From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart - 6,7 million


    Britney's first 4 studio albums' music videos on Youtube:

    1. Baby One More Time - 366 million
    2. Toxic - 344 million
    3. Oops I Did It Again - 203,8 million
    4. Sometimes - 122 million
    5. I'm A Slave 4 U - 105,8 million
    6. Everytime - 101,3 million
    7. (You Drive Me) Crazy - 96,8 million
    8. Lucky - 93,8 million
    9. I'm Not A Girl Not Yet A Woman - 90,6 million
    10. Stronger - 89,3 million
    11. Overprotected - 83,1 million
    12. Boys - 44 million
    13. Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know - 34,3 million
    14. Born To Make You Happy - 32,6 million
    15. Me Against The Music - 27,8 million
    16. From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart - 26,5 million
    17. I Love Rock N Roll - 25,7 million


    ---

    Happy Anniversary regardless !! . . It was a funky weird fun tune

    Leave a comment:


  • Instinct
    replied
    European Hot 100 - Yearly Rank

    #3 "...Baby One More Time" (1999)
    #7 "Oops!... I Did It Again" (1999)
    #7 "Womanizer" (2009)
    #10 "(You Drive Me) Crazy" (2000)
    #10 "Toxic" (2004)
    #13 "Everytime" (2004)
    #17 "Born To Make You Happy" (2000)
    #23 "Lucky" (2000)
    #37 "Sometimes" (1999)
    #39 "Piece Of Me" (2008)
    #42 "Stronger" (2001)
    #59 "I'm A Slave 4 U" (2001)
    #61 "Overprotected" (2002)
    #64 "My Prerogative" (2004)
    #66 "I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman" (2002)
    #69 "(You Drive Me) Crazy (2000)
    #82 "Gimme More" (2007)
    #84 "Me Against the Music" (2004)

    *Missing 2003*

    She was such a hit maker in Europe.

    Leave a comment:


  • Instinct
    replied
    Originally posted by brady47

    I wish we had the 2004 year end European Hot 100. I really wanna see how "In the Zone" and "Everytime" fared.
    I know this post is a week old, but I just came across this in the Chart Analysis section.

    1 Dragostea Din Tei O-Zone Media Services/Time
    2 Shut Up Black Eyed Peas Interscope
    3 Obsesión Aventura Premium
    4 Yeah! Usher feat. Ludacris & Lil Jon Arista
    5 F**k It (Don't Want You Back) Eamon Jive
    6 Left Outside Alone Anastacia Epic
    7 Call On Me Eric Prydz Data
    8 Hey Ya Outkast Laface/Zomba
    9 Dragostea Din Tei Haiducii Universo
    10 Toxic Britney Spears Jive
    11 I Don't Wanna Know Mario Winans feat. Enya & P.Diddy Bad Boy/Universal
    12 Superstar Jamelia Parlophone
    13 Everytime Britney Spears Jive
    14 Turn Me On Kevin Lyttle Atlantic
    15 Si Demain...(Turn Around) Antonn Kareen & Bonnie Tyler Epic
    16 Mad World Michael Andrews feat.Gary Jules Adventure/Scantuary
    17 Sick And Tired Anastacia Daylight/Epic
    18 Behind Blue Eyes Limp Bizkit Interscope
    19 This Love Maroon 5 J/BMG
    20 Femme Like U K-Maro eastwest
    64 My Prerogative Britney Spears Jive
    65 Parle Moi Nadiya Columbia
    66 Flamme Sali Sony Music Media
    67 Sexy Pour Moi Tragedie Up Music/Warner Music
    68 Amerika Rammstein Universal/Polydor
    69 Tant Pis Roch Voisine RCA/Arista
    70 Too Lost In You Sugababes Island
    71 Car Wash Christina Aguilera feat. Missy Elliott Dreamworks
    72 Lola's Theme Shapeshifters Positiva/EMI
    73 Vertigo U2 Island
    74 Modern Times J-Five feat. Charlie Chaplin M6 Int.
    75 We Are Ana Johnsson Epic
    76 Breathe Easy Blue Virgin/Innocent
    77 Baby Cakes 3 Of A Kind Relentless/Virgin
    78 Dip It Low Christina Milian Island
    79 All This Time Michelle McManus S/BMG
    80 Four To The Floor StarSailor Chrysalis
    81 The Voice Within Christina Aguilera RCA
    82 Real To Me Brian McFadden Modest!/Sony Music
    83 Be Faithful Fatman Scoop feat. Crooklyn Clan Def Jam
    84 Me Against The Music Britney Spears feat. Madonna Jive
    85 Usher & Alicia Keys My Boo/Confessions LaFace/Zomba
    "In the Zone" was the 23rd biggest album of 2004

    1 Norah Jones Feels Like Home Blue Note
    2 Anastacia Anastacia Epic
    3 Black Eyed Peas Elephunk Interscope
    4 Dido Life For Rent Cheeky/Arista
    5 Evanescence Fallen Wind-Up/Epic
    6 Norah Jones Come Away With Me Blue Note
    7 Guns 'N Roses Greatest Hits Geffen
    8 Avril Lavigne Under My Skin Arista
    9 Robbie Williams Greatest Hits Chrysalis
    10 Seal IV Warner Bros.
    11 Maroon 5 Songs About Jane J/BMG
    12 Usher Confessions Laface/Zomba
    13 Robbie Williams Live At Knebworth Chrysalis
    14 Alicia Keys The Diary Of Alicia Keys J/BMG
    15 Soundtrack Les Choristes Marc Music
    16 Zucchero Zu & Co Polydor
    17 George Michael Patience Aegean/Epic
    18 Diana Krall The Girl In The Other Room Verve/Universal
    19 Rammstein Reise, Reise Polydor
    20 Nelly Furtado Folklore Dreamworks
    21 R.E.M. Around The Sun Warner Bros.
    22 Red Hot Chili Peppers Greatest Hits Warner Bros.
    23 Britney Spears In The Zone Jive
    24 Yannick Noah Pokhara Saint George/Columbia
    25 Joss Stone The Soul Sessions Relentless/Virgin
    It was released in November 2003 so that's pretty good!

    Leave a comment:


  • Artsy
    replied
    Toxic - Spotify (10/11)

    #89 United Kingdom (74,576 plays) new peak
    #105 Ireland (6,655 plays) new peak

    Leave a comment:


  • Instinct
    replied
    Britney’s touring history in Germany

    Year - Shows - Tour - Attendance - Gross - Adjusted Gross
    2000 - 10/10 shows - Oops!... I Did It Again Tour - 118,010 - $3,180,718 - ($4,662,818 in 2018)
    2004 - 5/5 shows - The Onyx Hotel Tour - 46,690 - $2,376,256 - ($3,175,540 in 2018)
    2009 - 1/1 shows - The Circus Starring Britney Spears - 14,880 - $1,431,975 ($1,684,960 in 2018)
    2011 - 1/1 shows - The Femme Fatale Tour - 7,203 - $552,093 - ($619,589 in 2018)
    2018 - 1/2 shows - Piece of Me Tour - 13,735 - $1,045,280*

    We’re missing one Piece of Me Tour show (Monchengladbach). According to the venue's official Instagram page, more than 16,000 people showed up to the show. 16,000 x $76,103 (average ticket price in Berlin) = $1,217,648. Hopefully we get the official boxscore at some point.

    The real thing should look like this...

    Year - Shows - Tour - Attendance - Gross - Adjusted Gross
    2000 - 10/10 shows - Oops!... I Did It Again Tour - 118,010 - $3,180,718 - ($4,662,818 in 2018)
    2004 - 5/5 shows - The Onyx Hotel Tour - 46,690 - $2,376,256 - ($3,175,540 in 2018)
    2009 - 1/1 shows - The Circus Starring Britney Spears - 14,880 - $1,431,975 ($1,684,960 in 2018)
    2011 - 1/1 shows - The Femme Fatale Tour - 7,203 - $552,093 - ($619,589 in 2018)
    2018 - 2/2 shows - Piece of Me Tour - 29,735 - $2,262,928

    Average Gross:
    Oops!... I Did It Again Tour - $318,071 - ($466,280 in 2018)
    The Onyx Hotel Tour - $475,251 - ($635,107 in 2018)
    The Circus Starring Britney Spears - $1,431,975 - ($1,684,960 in 2018)
    The Femme Fatale Tour - $552,093 - ($619,589 in 2018)
    Piece of Me Tour - $1,045,280 ($1,131,464)

    Average Attendance:
    Oops!... I Did It Again Tour - 11,801
    The Onyx Hotel Tour - 9,338
    The Circus Starring Britney Spears - 14,880
    The Femme Fatale Tour - 7,203
    Piece of Me Tour - 13,735 (14,867)

    Oops!... I Did It Again Tour was 96.5% sold out
    The Onyx Hotel Tour was 94.3% sold out
    The Circus Starring Britney Spears was 100% sold out
    The Femme Fatale Tour was 91% sold out
    Piece of Me Tour was 100% sold out

    Missing Shows:
    13/08/2018 - Sparkassenpark - Mönchengladbach, Germany

    Total Reported Gross: $8,586,322 (18/19 shows)
    Total Reported Attendance: 200,518 (18/19 shows)
    Total Estimated Gross: $9,803,970
    Total Estimated Attendance: 216,518

    Leave a comment:


  • Instinct
    replied
    Great post. Thanks for sharing! I didn't realize Germany used to be such a tough market (at least singles-wise). It's amazing that she managed to score 4 Top 10 hits in just 9 months. She used to be massive in Germany.

    She released 22 singles between 1998-2008 and only two of them missed the Top 20 (Someday and Break the Ice, both of which received 0 promo). If U Seek Amy was her first single to miss the Top 25, and by that point she was already over 10 years into her career.

    Leave a comment:


  • MrLeonix
    replied
    For some strange reason the 90s didn't seem to be too generous with femela artists' singles in Germany, huge album sales? YES . . . but hit singles? most of them got just a few hits compared to other decades such as the 80s or the 00s.

    So I did a research for most female artists that were big and popular during the 90s and I could only find 9 female artists who had multiple Top 10 hits in Germany during that decade.

    Female Artists - Top 10 singles in Germany - 90s Decade:

    1. Madonna - 6 Top 10 hits
    2. Whitney Houston - 5 Top 10 hits
    3. Britney Spears - 4 Top 10 hits
    3. Janet Jackson - 4 Top 10 hits
    5. Mariah Carey - 3 Top 10 hits
    5. Celine Dion - 3 Top 10 hits
    5. Spice Girls - 3 Top 10 hits
    5. Cher - 3 Top 10 hits
    9. TLC - 2 Top 10 hits

    Note:

    - "All I Want For christmas Is You" by Mariah Carey didn't peak within the Top 10 in Germany until the 2010s decade, originally the song failed to reach the Top 10 in Germany in 1994, so it wasn't a 90s Top 10 single.

    - For those wondering about "Born To Make You Happy" being counted as Britney's 4th German Top 10 hit during the 90s I have the following information:

    I Can confirm that "Born To Make You Happy" was released on December 6, 1999 in Germany and made its official debut in the German chart on the Week of December 20, 1999 straight at #6 and automatically becoming Britney's 4th consecutive Top 10 hit from the 90s, the song charted for the last two weeks of 1999 inside the Top 10 and ultimately peak at #3 in 2000.

    Source - Chart archive: https://www.offiziellecharts.de/charts/ ... 5662400000


    -----

    It is very impressive that Britney is the 3rd foreign female artist with the most Top 10 hits in Germany during the 90s considering that she was only active for 1 year during that decade

    Leave a comment:


  • MrLeonix
    replied
    I don't think this was posted here. . . But a few days ago Chartmasters posted the Britney's Global heatmap and according to them and based on their CSPC system they have declared Britney as the most successful female artist of the past 25 years.

    They also praised her as a true global superstar for noticing that she literally made big in every market around the world.

    Britney Spears is the most successful female artist who debuted in the last 25 years. She has made it big in all the relevant music markets
    The United States ranking as low as #89 may be shocking as the singer has sold huge numbers in the country, but relatively speaking the country is #89 among her Top 100, the true trademark of a global star.
    Source: https://chartmasters.org/2018/09/britne ... l-heatmap/

    Leave a comment:


  • Artsy
    replied
    Oops!...I Did It Again now has over 150 million streams on Spotify

    Leave a comment:


  • Artsy
    replied
    Originally posted by Instinct
    While Britney never had a monster album in the UK, she’s still among the Top 20 best selling female album acts ever in the country.

    2 albums that have sold at least 1 million copies
    1 album that has sold over 900,000 copies
    3 album that have reached Platinum (including one at half a million copies)
    3 albums that have gone Gold (Blackout is quite close to Platinum)

    More than 5.2 million albums sold overall. Can’t go wrong with that.
    BJ is probably close to Silver too

    Leave a comment:


  • brady47
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Originally posted by brady47
    Ya but Stripped had a similar position - it debuted at #19 and was sinking initially despite having "Dirrty" as a #1, it wasn't until the later singles that it got propelled to #2. "In the Zone" had stronger singles and still wasn't able to make a dent in the top 10. It's just interesting how different those chart performances were, especially because Britney did decently well with "BOMT" and "OIDA"
    "Stripped" debuted at #19 but it was charting better than "In The Zone" on its first weeks.

    Also, "In The Zone" was Britney's 4th studio album, she had released plenty of material already by that time and had certain saturation in the market, both BOMT and OIDIA went Multi-Platinum back to back and then she had the "Britney" era.

    "Stripped" on the other hand, was more of a novelty effect because: 1) It was Xtina's second album , 2) Xtina hadn't had much attention in the UK priorly with her debut album only being a moderate 1x Platinum success, so this was kind of a breakthrough for her.

    As much as Britney's singles worked pretty well, she was not in a "breakthrough" moment by the time she released ITZ in UK.
    Very good point!!

    Leave a comment:


  • MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by brady47
    Ya but Stripped had a similar position - it debuted at #19 and was sinking initially despite having "Dirrty" as a #1, it wasn't until the later singles that it got propelled to #2. "In the Zone" had stronger singles and still wasn't able to make a dent in the top 10. It's just interesting how different those chart performances were, especially because Britney did decently well with "BOMT" and "OIDA"
    "Stripped" debuted at #19 but it was charting better than "In The Zone" on its first weeks.

    Also, "In The Zone" was Britney's 4th studio album, she had released plenty of material already by that time and had certain saturation in the market, both BOMT and OIDIA went Multi-Platinum back to back and then she had the "Britney" era.

    "Stripped" on the other hand, was more of a novelty effect because: 1) It was Xtina's second album , 2) Xtina hadn't had much attention in the UK priorly with her debut album only being a moderate 1x Platinum success, so this was kind of a breakthrough for her.

    As much as Britney's singles worked pretty well, she was not in a "breakthrough" moment by the time she released ITZ in UK.

    Leave a comment:


  • Instinct
    replied
    While Britney never had a monster album in the UK, she’s still among the Top 20 best selling female album acts ever in the country.

    2 albums that have sold at least 1 million copies
    1 album that has sold over 900,000 copies
    3 album that have reached Platinum (including one at half a million copies)
    3 albums that have gone Gold (Blackout is quite close to Platinum)

    More than 5.2 million albums sold overall. Can’t go wrong with that.

    Leave a comment:


  • brady47
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Originally posted by brady47
    It kinda shocked me how "In the Zone" was an underperformance in the UK.

    Even with huge #1s like "Everytime" and "Toxic", it only peaked at #13, and sold about 500k. Yes, it did have longevity, and did do better than "Britney", but that one barely had any singles power.
    It was due to "Me Against The Music" failing to appeal to the audiences, while the song debuted at #2 due to hype, the song didn't end up generating a great amount of sales in the end and the single made "In The Zone" flop in the UK initially / by the time it was released.

    "In The Zone" was literally out the Top 40 after only 2 weeks of released. It was an initial BOMB.


    ITZ: 14-37-51-59-65-62-50-61-61-45-20-17-17-15-15-18-18-28-33-37-35-40-52-60-36-28-30-25-22-27-32-21-19-13-20-25-32-39-38-49-57-66-75-121-141-116-123-130-160-187-OUT (55 weeks)
    It wasn't until "Toxic" and "Everytime" that the album bounced back and ended up having longevity, but it had already lost the potential of scoring first weeks huge sales and it also had only 3 singles in the UK with only 2 of them pushing the album positively.

    If she've had a stronger / better lead single, plus 5-6 singles in total for the era "ITZ" would be a 1million seller IMO.

    Originally posted by brady47
    Christina Aguilera's "Stripped" got pushed to 6x platinum and a #2 peak with "Dirrty" and "Beautiful", so it should've been able to push 1 million at least in my opinion, but Britney has never been a big seller in the UK for some strange odd reason.
    Well, Britney was certainly not Madonna, Rihanna, Kylie, etc in the UK . . . . but she was a good seller, she has two +1million albums in the UK plus a 3rd one with over +900K sales and several Platinum albums. Xtina only has "Stripped" and nothing else there.

    Singles-wise Britney is one of the 5 biggest female hitmakers in the UK ever.
    Ya but Stripped had a similar position - it debuted at #19 and was sinking initially despite having "Dirrty" as a #1, it wasn't until the later singles that it got propelled to #2. "In the Zone" had stronger singles and still wasn't able to make a dent in the top 10. It's just interesting how different those chart performances were, especially because Britney did decently well with "BOMT" and "OIDA"

    Leave a comment:


  • MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by brady47
    It kinda shocked me how "In the Zone" was an underperformance in the UK.

    Even with huge #1s like "Everytime" and "Toxic", it only peaked at #13, and sold about 500k. Yes, it did have longevity, and did do better than "Britney", but that one barely had any singles power.
    It was due to "Me Against The Music" failing to appeal to the audiences, while the song debuted at #2 due to hype, the song didn't end up generating a great amount of sales in the end and the single made "In The Zone" flop in the UK initially / by the time it was released.

    "In The Zone" was literally out the Top 40 after only 2 weeks of released. It was an initial BOMB.


    ITZ: 14-37-51-59-65-62-50-61-61-45-20-17-17-15-15-18-18-28-33-37-35-40-52-60-36-28-30-25-22-27-32-21-19-13-20-25-32-39-38-49-57-66-75-121-141-116-123-130-160-187-OUT (55 weeks)
    It wasn't until "Toxic" and "Everytime" that the album bounced back and ended up having longevity, but it had already lost the potential of scoring first weeks huge sales and it also had only 3 singles in the UK with only 2 of them pushing the album positively.

    If she've had a stronger / better lead single, plus 5-6 singles in total for the era "ITZ" would be a 1million seller IMO.

    Originally posted by brady47
    Christina Aguilera's "Stripped" got pushed to 6x platinum and a #2 peak with "Dirrty" and "Beautiful", so it should've been able to push 1 million at least in my opinion, but Britney has never been a big seller in the UK for some strange odd reason.
    Well, Britney was certainly not Madonna, Rihanna, Kylie, etc in the UK . . . . but she was a good seller, she has two +1million albums in the UK plus a 3rd one with over +900K sales and several Platinum albums. Xtina only has "Stripped" and nothing else there.

    Singles-wise Britney is one of the 5 biggest female hitmakers in the UK ever.

    Leave a comment:


  • brady47
    replied
    It kinda shocked me how "In the Zone" was an underperformance in the UK.

    Even with huge #1s like "Everytime" and "Toxic", it only peaked at #13, and sold about 500k. Yes, it did have longevity, and did do better than "Britney", but that one barely had any singles power.

    Christina Aguilera's "Stripped" got pushed to 6x platinum and a #2 peak with "Dirrty" and "Beautiful", so it should've been able to push 1 million at least in my opinion, but Britney has never been a big seller in the UK for some strange odd reason.

    Leave a comment:


  • brady47
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Originally posted by brady47
    Good point - I consider the big 5 European countries to be UK, France, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, so perhaps Lucky wasn't as big as a European hit as I thought (Everytime may have actually been a bigger hit than Lucky in reality)
    Regarding the European markets, Netherlands and Italy are big too.

    And yeah, both "Everytime" and "Womanizer" were bigger hits than "Lucky" overall in Europe.

    Originally posted by brady47
    It's interesting how well "Everytime" did in Europe - it basically outperformed "Toxic" in every European country except UK and France (and maybe some smaller European countries like Italy and Netherlands). I'm surprised it didn't hit #1 on the European Hot 100 and that it wasn't top 10 on the European Hot 100 year end
    Yep, I actually want to point out her slayage with singles during "In The Zone" in Ireland:

    - Me Against The Music (1 week at #1): 01-03-03-07-07-14-13-18-22-28-35-35-50-OUT (13 weeks)

    - Toxic (4 weeks at #1): 01-01-01-01-02-02-06-08-13-16-18-23-26-30-36-48-OUT (16 weeks)

    - Everytime (5 weeks at #1): 01-01-01-01-01-02-05-05-09-13-16-20-24-30-34-45-OUT (16 weeks)
    Each single had more weeks at #1 than the previous one . . Slay.
    I wish we had the 2004 year end European Hot 100. I really wanna see how "In the Zone" and "Everytime" fared.

    Leave a comment:


  • MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by brady47
    Good point - I consider the big 5 European countries to be UK, France, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, so perhaps Lucky wasn't as big as a European hit as I thought (Everytime may have actually been a bigger hit than Lucky in reality)
    Regarding the European markets, Netherlands and Italy are big too.

    And yeah, both "Everytime" and "Womanizer" were bigger hits than "Lucky" overall in Europe.

    Originally posted by brady47
    It's interesting how well "Everytime" did in Europe - it basically outperformed "Toxic" in every European country except UK and France (and maybe some smaller European countries like Italy and Netherlands). I'm surprised it didn't hit #1 on the European Hot 100 and that it wasn't top 10 on the European Hot 100 year end
    Yep, I actually want to point out her slayage with singles during "In The Zone" in Ireland:

    - Me Against The Music (1 week at #1): 01-03-03-07-07-14-13-18-22-28-35-35-50-OUT (13 weeks)

    - Toxic (4 weeks at #1): 01-01-01-01-02-02-06-08-13-16-18-23-26-30-36-48-OUT (16 weeks)

    - Everytime (5 weeks at #1): 01-01-01-01-01-02-05-05-09-13-16-20-24-30-34-45-OUT (16 weeks)
    Each single had more weeks at #1 than the previous one . . Slay.

    Leave a comment:


  • brady47
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    . . . Speaking of her hits . . .

    Have you ever wondered which is Britney's biggest hit per album in each country? . . .

    Well for albums such as "Baby One More Time", "Circus" and her most recent ones "Britney Jean" and "Glory" the answer may be pretty obvious as their lead singles turned out to be the biggest hit from their respective albums in pretty much every market.

    However here's the answer for the rest:

    OOPS I DID IT AGAIN:

    - "Lucky" was the album's biggest hit in Germany and Austria

    - "Oops I Did It Again" was the album's biggest hit everywhere else
    BRITNEY:

    [quote:fks94eij]- "I'm A Slave 4 U" was the album's biggest hit in Belgium Flanders, Belgium Wallonia, Canada, Finland, France, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Switzerland, UK and USA

    - "I'm Not A Girl Not Yet A Woman" was the album's biggest hit in Australia, Austria, Germany, Ireland and Netherlands

    - "Overprotected" was the album's biggest hit in Denmark, Italy and Sweden
    IN THE ZONE:

    - "Toxic" was the album's biggest hit in Canada, France, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Switzerland, UK and USA

    - "Everytime" was the album's biggest hit in Austria, Belgium Flanders, Denmark, Germany, Ireland and Sweden

    - "Me Against The Music" was the album's biggest hit in Australia, Belgium Wallonia, Finland and Spain
    BLACKOUT:

    "Gimme More" was the album's biggest hit in Belgium Flanders, Belgium Wallonia, Canada, France, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and USA

    "Piece Of Me" was the album's biggest hit in Australia, Austria, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Ireland, New Zealand, and the UK.
    FEMME FATALE:

    Till The World Ends" was the album's biggest hit in Australia, Belgium Wallonia, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK and USA.

    "Hold It Against Me" was the album's biggest hit in Austria, Belgium Flanders, Finland, Ireland, Netherlands, New Zealand,
    [/quote:fks94eij]

    It's interesting how well "Everytime" did in Europe - it basically outperformed "Toxic" in every European country except UK and France (and maybe some smaller European countries like Italy and Netherlands). I'm surprised it didn't hit #1 on the European Hot 100 and that it wasn't top 10 on the European Hot 100 year end

    Leave a comment:


  • brady47
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Originally posted by brady47
    True, but I think the peaks of Toxic, Lucky and even Everytime were bigger than Womanizer & You Drive Me Crazy
    "Lucky" was bigger than "Womanizer" in Germany and Austria . . . But "Womanizer" was bigger than "Lucky" in the UK, France and plenty other European markets. "Womanizer" spent 5 weeks at #1 in France, it was a smash European hit.

    And it also had more longevity than "Lucky" in most European charts, just look at the comparison:

    "Womanizer"

    Austria: 8 weeks inside the Top 10

    Belgium Flanders: 11 weeks inside the Top 10

    Wallonia: 14 weeks inside the Top 10

    Denmark: 14 weeks inside the Top 10

    Finland: 12 weeks inside the Top 10

    France: 12 weeks inside the Top 10

    Germany: 3 weeks inside the Top 10

    Ireland: 8 weeks inside the Top 10

    Italy: 5 weeks inside the Top 10

    Netherlands: 1 week inside the Top 10

    Norway: 8 weeks inside the Top 10

    Spain: 3 weeks inside the Top 10

    Sweden: 9 weeks inside the Top 10

    Switzerland: 6 weeks inside the Top 10

    United Kingdom: 8 weeks inside the Top 10



    "Lucky"

    [quote:20ka5yq5]Austria: 9 weeks inside the Top 10

    Belgium Flanders: 3 weeks inside the Top 10

    Wallonia: 1 week inside the Top 10

    Denmark: 1 week inside the Top 10

    Finland: 0 weeks inside the Top 10

    France: 0 weeks inside the Top 10

    Germany: 9 weeks inside the Top 10

    Ireland: 7 weeks inside the Top 10

    Italy: 2 weeks inside the Top 10

    Netherlands: 5 weeks inside the Top 10

    Norway: 6 weeks inside the Top 10

    Spain: 0 weeks inside the Top 10

    Sweden: 10 weeks inside the Top 10

    Switzerland: 7 weeks inside the Top 10

    United Kingdom: 3 weeks inside the Top 10


    -----

    - "Lucky" charted inside the Top 10 for at least 10 weeks in just one market (Sweden)

    - "Womanizer" charted inside the Top 10 for at least 10 weeks in 5 markets (Belgium Flanders, Belgium Wallonia, Denmark, Finland and France)

    - "Lucky" had more longevity than "Womanizer" in Austria, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden and Switzerland

    - "Womanizer" had more longevity than "Lucky" in Beligum Flanders, Belgium Wallonia, Denmark, Finland, France, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Spain and the UK.

    [/quote:20ka5yq5]

    Good point - I consider the big 5 European countries to be UK, France, Austria, Germany, Switzerland, so perhaps Lucky wasn't as big as a European hit as I thought (Everytime may have actually been a bigger hit than Lucky in reality)

    Leave a comment:


  • MrLeonix
    replied
    . . . Speaking of her hits . . .

    Have you ever wondered which is Britney's biggest hit per album in each country? . . .

    Well for albums such as "Baby One More Time", "Circus" and her most recent ones "Britney Jean" and "Glory" the answer may be pretty obvious as their lead singles turned out to be the biggest hit from their respective albums in pretty much every market.

    However here's the answer for the rest:

    OOPS I DID IT AGAIN:

    - "Lucky" was the album's biggest hit in Germany and Austria

    - "Oops I Did It Again" was the album's biggest hit everywhere else
    BRITNEY:

    - "I'm A Slave 4 U" was the album's biggest hit in Belgium Flanders, Belgium Wallonia, Canada, Finland, France, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Switzerland, UK and USA

    - "I'm Not A Girl Not Yet A Woman" was the album's biggest hit in Australia, Austria, Germany, Ireland and Netherlands

    - "Overprotected" was the album's biggest hit in Denmark, Italy and Sweden
    IN THE ZONE:

    - "Toxic" was the album's biggest hit in Canada, France, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Switzerland, UK and USA

    - "Everytime" was the album's biggest hit in Australia, Belgium Flanders, Denmark, Germany, Ireland and Sweden

    - "Me Against The Music" was the album's biggest hit in Australia, Belgium Wallonia, Finland and Spain
    BLACKOUT:

    "Gimme More" was the album's biggest hit in Belgium Flanders, Belgium Wallonia, Canada, France, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland and USA

    "Piece Of Me" was the album's biggest hit in Australia, Austria, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Ireland, New Zealand, and the UK.
    FEMME FATALE:

    Till The World Ends" was the album's biggest hit in Australia, Belgium Wallonia, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, UK and USA.

    "Hold It Against Me" was the album's biggest hit in Austria, Belgium Flanders, Finland, Ireland, Netherlands, New Zealand,

    Leave a comment:


  • Artsy
    replied
    Born to Make You Happy was so huge in Europe kinda surprised to see that it spent almost the same number of weeks as Toxic in the European charts

    Leave a comment:


  • MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by brady47
    True, but I think the peaks of Toxic, Lucky and even Everytime were bigger than Womanizer & You Drive Me Crazy
    "Lucky" was bigger than "Womanizer" in Germany and Austria . . . But "Womanizer" was bigger than "Lucky" in the UK, France and plenty other European markets. "Womanizer" spent 5 weeks at #1 in France, it was a smash European hit.

    And it also had more longevity than "Lucky" in most European charts, just look at the comparison:

    "Womanizer"

    Austria: 8 weeks inside the Top 10

    Belgium Flanders: 11 weeks inside the Top 10

    Wallonia: 14 weeks inside the Top 10

    Denmark: 14 weeks inside the Top 10

    Finland: 12 weeks inside the Top 10

    France: 12 weeks inside the Top 10

    Germany: 3 weeks inside the Top 10

    Ireland: 8 weeks inside the Top 10

    Italy: 5 weeks inside the Top 10

    Netherlands: 1 week inside the Top 10

    Norway: 8 weeks inside the Top 10

    Spain: 3 weeks inside the Top 10

    Sweden: 9 weeks inside the Top 10

    Switzerland: 6 weeks inside the Top 10

    United Kingdom: 8 weeks inside the Top 10



    "Lucky"

    Austria: 9 weeks inside the Top 10

    Belgium Flanders: 3 weeks inside the Top 10

    Wallonia: 1 week inside the Top 10

    Denmark: 1 week inside the Top 10

    Finland: 0 weeks inside the Top 10

    France: 0 weeks inside the Top 10

    Germany: 9 weeks inside the Top 10

    Ireland: 7 weeks inside the Top 10

    Italy: 2 weeks inside the Top 10

    Netherlands: 5 weeks inside the Top 10

    Norway: 6 weeks inside the Top 10

    Spain: 0 weeks inside the Top 10

    Sweden: 10 weeks inside the Top 10

    Switzerland: 7 weeks inside the Top 10

    United Kingdom: 3 weeks inside the Top 10


    -----

    - "Lucky" charted inside the Top 10 for at least 10 weeks in just one market (Sweden)

    - "Womanizer" charted inside the Top 10 for at least 10 weeks in 5 markets (Belgium Flanders, Belgium Wallonia, Denmark, Finland and France)

    - "Lucky" had more longevity than "Womanizer" in Austria, Germany, Netherlands, Sweden and Switzerland

    - "Womanizer" had more longevity than "Lucky" in Beligum Flanders, Belgium Wallonia, Denmark, Finland, France, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Spain and the UK.

    Leave a comment:


  • Choley
    replied
    Wow good numbers for Oops tour.

    Btw is there any info from her 2004 concert in Portugal?A boxscore or attendance data because i've heard that some groups in there boycotted tour for being too 'provocative'

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X