Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sportuc
    Christina is bigger than Britney in South America.
    Nope she isn't , in fact she doesn't have a certified album in Latin America since "Stripped". Xtina is not bigger than Britney in any place

Britney has sold 6,000,000 albums in Latin America while Xtina has sold 1,500,000.
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
      Originally posted by Sportuc
      Christina is bigger than Britney in South America.
      Nope she isn't , in fact she doesn't have a certified album in Latin America since "Stripped". Xtina is not bigger than Britney in any place

Britney has sold 6,000,000 albums in Latin America while Xtina has sold 1,500,000.
      I'll try to find the link

Don't even waste your time into someone with 4 posts.

Anyway guys, did Tom's Diner get the full single treatment, radio release somewhere, anything at all?
      One thing is Moroder saying it's an official single but other thing is having a real release. What happened?
      Buy and stream Britney's new hot sinlgle: "Make Me...".

Comment

• Originally posted by AnnDroid
        Anyway guys, did Tom's Diner get the full single treatment, radio release somewhere, anything at all?
        One thing is Moroder saying it's an official single but other thing is having a real release. What happened?
        Nothing happened, it wasn't released.
        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• UK iTunes

472 will.i.am - Scream & Shout (feat. Britney Spears) 0.59p
          1001 Britney Spears - Oops!... I Did It Again 0.59p
          1344 Britney Spears - ... Baby One More Time

605 Britney Spears - Greatest Hits: My Prerogative 4.99

US iTunes

1333 Britney Spears - Toxic

111 Britney Spears - Greatest Hits: My Prerogative 5.99

Spotify Brasil 29.1. 2016

184 Toxic 14.723 streams
          Last FM <3
          Instagram

Comment

• UK iTunes

365(+107) will.i.am - Scream & Shout (feat. Britney Spears) 0.59p
            582(+419) Britney Spears - Oops!... I Did It Again 0.59p
            OUT 1344 Britney Spears - ... Baby One More Time

595(+10) Britney Spears - Greatest Hits: My Prerogative 4.99

US iTunes

98(+13) Britney Spears - Greatest Hits: My Prerogative 5.99

1333(=) Britney Spears - Toxic
            Last FM <3
            Instagram

Comment

• US iTunes
              #79 Greatest Hits: My Prerogative (+19)

Britney Spears
              Madonna
              Janet

Comment

• US iTunes

#1448 Toxic
                #1495 Work B**ch

#68 Greatest Hits: My Prerogative

Comment

• Originally posted by JadeBritx
                  #68 Greatest Hits: My Prerogative
                  When was the last time we got Soundscan numbers for GH:MP?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
                    Originally posted by AnnDroid
                    Nothing happened, it wasn't released.
                    It had a remix EP and a lyric video but no music video. Wasn't sent to radio anywhere outside of Italy.

Comment

• I swear work bitch always seems to be in the top 1500
                      BS:TS:IA:NM

Comment

• What's the cause for this rise of the GH album on iTunes?
                        "I see it, I like it, I want it... I GOT IT."

Comment

• Originally posted by Noahh
                          What's the cause for this rise of the GH album on iTunes?
                          Godney Spears being a legend.

I'm curious too

Comment

• Every time some old album re-enters the chart so aggressively is due to a discount. Her compilations are often discounted and re-entering the charts, the other day one Britney compilation was charting inside itunes top 10 in Germany due to this reason.

Comment

• A bunch of old albums by several artists are discounted. GH:MP was also discounted back in August or September but it didn't peak as high. Hoping for another BB200 re-entry.

Honestly they should just discount her entire discography. There is nothing to lose at this point.

Comment

• GH:MP is a very consistent seller isn't it?

Does anyone know how many copies it sells yearly?

Comment

GH:MP is a very consistent seller isn't it?

I don't think there's a recent SS report to know exactly. But its pretty much her Best catalogue seller followed by "The singles collection".

Comment

• This decade, I estimate it has sold over 150k in the US and 50k in the UK. The album is always charting on iTunes even without a discount which is pretty good I guess. 150k is not bad when you realize she released another major compilation album in November 2009, and another three minor ones in 2012/2013 (one of which has sold over 100k).

Comment

• ^ "The singles collection" is also a decent catalogue seller. I remember that at the moment of release in 2009 it didn't sell that much and its sales were like 300,000 and I guess by 2010 it wasn't much different and now its sales are estimated to be around 900,000 units and it never stops selling. By the end of this year or by the next year it'll be another +1m album in Brit's career.

Comment

GH:MP is a very consistent seller isn't it?

I estimate it sells 60-70k in the US, and 40-50k a year for TSC.

Comment

Britney Spears
                                          Madonna
                                          Janet

Comment

• It only peaked at #71 when it was discounted back in August, so it's doing quite well so far! Though TSC peaked at #19 in September.

Can it beat its peak of #42?

Edit: #58

Comment

• I hope they discount Britney Jean one day :x
                                              Buy and stream Britney's new hot sinlgle: "Make Me...".

Comment

• Originally posted by AnnDroid
                                                I hope they discount Britney Jean one day :x
                                                If I recall correctly, they discounted Barney Jean back in mid 2014 when it was less than 6 months old but it didn't even make the Top 1000.

Comment

• Barney Jean

Maybe it's for the best and we can forget about that "album".

Comment

• I don't see much sense or point on discounting "Britney Jean", it won't make much difference selling some additional units from that album.

I think they should better discount albums that are closer to get new certifications, for example "Circus" which is on its way to 1,8m in US should be non-stop discounted and like re-released on every anniversary with new package and bonus tracks, and keep going until it gets to double Platinum no matter how many years take. "Greatest hits: My Prerogative" is her best catalogue seller and if it sells around 70K per year in US it could hit double Platinum in the next 5 years so I suggest the continous discounts for that album. Also "Femme Fatale" which must be over 800K units now should be pushed more often with discounts, even though its already certified Platinum due to shipments. Discounting "Britney Jean" is just useless.

Comment

• I agree that discounting Britney Jean would be completely pointless at this point.

It's so annoying that Circus got stuck at 1.7 million. I've always said that instead of releasing TSC, her team should've re-released Circus with '3' and maybe two or three new songs. I'm sure the album would be more than eligible for 2x platinum.

I do wonder if GH:MP is eligible for 2x platinum. It will probably reach 1.6 million within a year (SS), but we have to remember that it must have sold decently through music clubs. It could be around 1.8 million in total.

Comment

• Yeah Brinty Joan wasn't happening and won't ever be happening.

A re-release for Circus would've definitely made more sense and could've indeed given the album that push to two times platinum.

Comment

• Are we sure that Circus can't be certified multi platinum? Because PRISM recently got certified with 1.6 million sales... in 2013/2015 when way less copies are shipped to stores due to the increase of digital copies.

I don't find it hard to believe that there are 250k copies of Circus collecting dust at shelves in the country.... Back in 2008/2009 not only the demand for a new Britney Spears album was big, but physical sales were much, much bigger than they are now... A very small percentage of Circus' sales are digital copies, in fact the album only sold 5k digital copies in its first week, compared to 500k physical copies. Lettuce not forget even Femme Fatale has 200k copies collecting dust at shelves.

I may be wrong, but I do believe Circus could be certified multi platinum. Whenever I go to a store, I always see Circus, Baby One More Time, Greatest Hits: My Prerogative, the two remix albums and that new Playlist album.

We all know how lazy her label is when it comes to certifications. Take a look all her singles and Britney and In the Zone. We're lucky they even certified Blackout.

#TeamMultiPlatinum

Comment

• ^ Hi Bney how are you?

They have to certify "Britney" 5x Platinum and "In the zone" 3x Platinum, those ones are eligible.

Regarding "Circus", well I think Elizabeth Arden (Her Fragances' partner) or Planet Hollywood should buy 250,000 of "Circus" and then call the RIAA to certify it double Platinum. #AntiSamsungImpact.

Comment

• GH:MP is up to #55

As for Bney, I'm not sure if Circus can be recertified, I mean I'm sure it's not impossible or anything but we can't know for sure. GH:MP might be eligible in a few years thanks to club sales, shipments, and strong catalog sales. I estimate over 1.7 million for it. Maybe 1.8 million.

If it wasn't for TSC or all her other compilations, I'm sure it would have higher sales. But that's what happens when you have too many compilations. :

Comment

Working...
                                                              X