Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stronger99 View Post
    That's super good with no new music or exposure.

Comment

Only Shakira (a huge streaming force) is doing better. I know that's right.

Comment

• 65 million in just ~3 weeks

Comment

• Daily streams (Jan. 22)

Toxic – 482,558
          Oops!...I Did It Again – 316,689
          Baby One More Time – 280,406
          Womanizer – 244,444
          Scream & Shout – 232,006
          Gimme More – 197,813
          Criminal – 133,256
          Circus – 118,199
          Work Bitch – 114,660
          I'm a Slave 4 U – 90,719
          If U Seek Amy – 84,384
          Matches – 79,804

Toxic almost 500K, Oops!...I Did It Again 300K+, and Gimme More coming for 200K.

Comment

• Some people are supporting IUSA now. I can‘t remember the song had these high numbers so far. But it‘s great that three of her most popular songs on Spotify are from “Circus”

Comment

• Albums:

In The Zone – 599,929
              Circus – 472,480
              Oops!...I Did It Again – 467,021
              ...Baby One More Time – 425,110
              Blackout – 332,799
              Femme Fatale – 288,653
              Glory – 220,295
              Britney – 187,003
              Britney Jean – 131,661

Comment

• ^ The fact 87 % of the streams for “Britney Jean” were coming from “Work Bitch”

Comment

• i find it surprising that her biggest album only gets 599k yea i know she debuted before streaming took off but avril got 729k let go and thats just one example, at least toxic is doing good

Comment

• Originally posted by locopastel View Post
                    i find it surprising that her biggest album only gets 599k yea i know she debuted before streaming took off but avril got 729k let go and thats just one example, at least toxic is doing good
                    Britney is not really a streaming force overall. Toxic is the exception in her catalogue.
                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Well we also have to look at the big picture.

Avril is only 287th Most Listened Artist on Spotify
                      Britney is 143rd and occasionally inside Top 100 during December.

Comment

i find it surprising that her biggest album only gets 599k yea i know she debuted before streaming took off but avril got 729k let go and thats just one example, at least toxic is doing good
                        That's because Britney's hits are much more spread out. No shade to Avril, as her stats are pretty good and Let Go is a classic, but her two most streamed songs are on that album. If you want to get your Britney fix, you have to get through BOMT all the way to Britney Jean. That's 8 albums worth of hits and signature songs.

In the Zone and Oops!...I Did It Again are among the Top 10 biggest female albums of the early 00's.
                        Last edited by Instinct; Sat January 23, 2021, 22:26.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Britney is not really a streaming force overall. Toxic is the exception in her catalogue.
                          This hot take ain't it. BOMT, Oops, Womanizer and Work Bitch all range from 350 to 200 million streams. You're making it seem like she has 0 streaming hits besides Toxic, which is obviously a monster.

Comment

Britney has five albums doing an average of over 10 million streams per month

7 out of her 9 studio albums have over 300 million streams

Her discography has consistancy overall, having hits across many albums (a little different from Avril which her two biggest songs on Spotify are in her debut, the only Avril album with a 200M song currently, when Britney has 5 albums with a 200M song)

890,188,273 - Let Go (biggest song: 381,522,621 - complicated )
                            522,145,194 - The Best Damn Thing (biggest song: 186,476,842 - Girlfriend )
                            453,105,135 - Goodbye Lullaby (biggest song: 170,337,860 - What the Hell )
                            380,613,527 - Avril lavigne (biggest song: 126,590,632 - Heres to Never Growing Up)
                            287,393,063 - Under My Skin (biggest song: 107,566,451 - My Happy Ending)
                            271,484,974 - Head Above Water (biggest song: 157,977,846 - Head Above Water )

681,362,399 - In The Zone (Biggest song: 506,996,321 - Toxic )
                            545,166,762 - Baby One More Time (Biggest song: 352,685,290 - Baby One More Time )
                            537,494,152 - Oops i Did it Again (Biggest song: 349,091,288 - Oops I Did it Again)
                            488,958,205 - Circus (Biggest song: 242,131,299 - Womanizer )
                            397,723,503 - Femme Fatale (Biggest song: 104,975,368 - Till The World Ends )
                            345,106,805 - Glory (Biggest song: 113,287,891 - Make Me )
                            335,918,540 - Blackout (Biggest song: 135,703,241 - Gimme More )
                            284,482,985 - Britney Jean (Biggest song: 200,662,761 - Work Bitch)
                            239,456,047 - Britney (Biggest song: 92,953,098 - Im A Slave 4 U )

Comment

• Circus has been doing so well on Spotify lately. Not only does it have two songs pulling 100K+ streams (and a third one getting close), but it's now overtaken Oops!...I Did It Again in daily streams.

And let's not forget about Apple Music, where it's her best performing album currently.
                              #549 United Kingdom
                              #1149 United States

A huge era all around.

Comment

^ The fact 87 % of the streams for “Britney Jean” were coming from “Work Bitch”
                                Most of her albums are one song driven...
                                in the zone got toxic Oops got oops
                                Babay - babay etc

Britney Jean is not exception

Comment

• Originally posted by coddiecollins View Post

Babay - babay etc

Maybe for her first albums which are too old, but for her second decade Britney Jean is actually an exception

Blackout, Circus, Femme Fatale and Glory all have healthy numbers (over 50% and over 200M) if you take the biggest song from it

Comment

Babay - babay etc

But the rest of her albums have other songs that people listen to. Britney Jean only gets 17K streams outside of Work Bitch, that's just laughable and a statement to the album's quality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                                      This hot take ain't it. BOMT, Oops, Womanizer and Work Bitch all range from 350 to 200 million streams. You're making it seem like she has 0 streaming hits besides Toxic, which is obviously a monster.
                                      Well I mean on Spotify she is currently at 143rd in the world. So yeah she does ok, but not really a big force as I said.
                                      Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                      Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

But the rest of her albums have other songs that people listen to. Britney Jean only gets 17K streams outside of Work Bitch, that's just laughable and a statement to the album's quality.
                                        Never forget that glory did worse on streaming...it only got a boost cuz of matches and swimming in the stars...

​​​​​

Comment

Never forget that glory did worse on streaming...it only got a boost cuz of matches and swimming in the stars...

​​​​​
                                          Glory surpassed Britney Jean streams in 2017

It understandable why Glory was much bigger in 2017 cause it was in its first year run yet

But still got more streams in 2018, increasing the advantage

the fact that Britney Jean got 16k daily streams more than Glory in 2019 thanks to Work Bitch alone dont make the album better on streaming

Britney Jean is britney album with less 10 million tracks (only two, even Greatest hits: My Prerogative has four tracks above 10M streams)

The gap between Britney Jean and Glory before #JusticeForGlory and everything that came after was 45 million (now is 61M and should increase more)

and the fact is that Glory got the reissue because there was interest from britney army, which is not Britney Jean case, unless they release a Work Bitch remix since its the only song people are interested from that album

Comment

• Originally posted by pedrolabre View Post

Glory surpassed Britney Jean streams in 2017

It understandable why Glory was much bigger in 2017 cause it was in its first year run yet

But still got more streams in 2018, increasing the advantage

the fact that Britney Jean got 16k daily streams more than Glory in 2019 thanks to Work Bitch alone dont make the album better on streaming

Britney Jean is britney album with less 10 million tracks (only two, even Greatest hits: My Prerogative has four tracks above 10M streams)

The gap between Britney Jean and Glory before #JusticeForGlory and everything that came after was 45 million (now is 61M and should increase more)

and the fact is that Glory got the reissue because there was interest from britney army, which is not Britney Jean case, unless they release a Work Bitch remix since its the only song people are interested from that album
                                            The fact is the glory got less streams than Britney Jean before the re release..I'm not gonna post pictures per months cuz I'm sure u can find them...
                                            and the fact is that there is no song to remember from that era. So I don't know what you are trying to prove

Comment

• You're going around in circles dude. It's a fact Glory had more streams than Britney Jean even before the re-release, why even argue that? And there's no need to quote the entire post as it messes up the whole page. And yes, Glory has no remembered songs, which makes it even more embarrassing for Britney Jean.

Comment

• Daily streams (Jan. 23)

Toxic – 486,218
                                                Oops!...I Did It Again – 315,784
                                                Baby One More Time – 283,949
                                                Womanizer – 239,216
                                                Scream & Shout – 230,329
                                                Gimme More – 189,794
                                                Criminal – 127,935
                                                Circus – 113,563
                                                Work Bitch – 108,237
                                                I'm a Slave 4 U – 87,084
                                                If U Seek Amy – 79,491

Another day of Toxic doing nearly 500K streams. Insane. It's also doing great on Apple Music.

Toxic
                                                iTunes:
                                                #194 Mexico
                                                #499 United Kingdom
                                                #1037 United States

Apple Music:
                                                #200 Bulgaria
                                                #294 Finland
                                                #353 Luxembourg
                                                #458 Denmark
                                                #847 United Kingdom
                                                #1123 United States

At this point it must be eligible for 6x Platinum by now, and UK sales must be above 1 million units.

Comment

Daily streams (Jan. 23)

Toxic – 486,218
                                                  Oops!...I Did It Again – 315,784
                                                  Baby One More Time – 283,949
                                                  Womanizer – 239,216
                                                  Scream & Shout – 230,329
                                                  Gimme More – 189,794
                                                  Criminal – 127,935
                                                  Circus – 113,563
                                                  Work Bitch – 108,237
                                                  I'm a Slave 4 U – 87,084
                                                  If U Seek Amy – 79,491
                                                  The Gimme More revival over the last two years has been pretty awesome. It's such an important song in her career, but also such a good example of dark eletropop in the mainstream. The instrumental is actually quite haunting.

I wonder which song in her catalogue will get revived next?

Comment

• Originally posted by ksg22 View Post

The Gimme More revival over the last two years has been pretty awesome. It's such an important song in her career, but also such a good example of dark eletropop in the mainstream. The instrumental is actually quite haunting.

I wonder which song in her catalogue will get revived next?
                                                    Hopefully Everytime

Comment

Working...
                                                    X