Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
    Well, not really. YouTube weighs for less and in most countries they don't even count it. On demand-audio is where the money is at.
    Not according to Mariah. Also you are just counting streaming numbers, so in that context a stream is a stream fundamentally.

How the data is used for charting and certification purposes is another conversation.
    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• '...Baby One More Time' video has surpassed 3 million likes on Youtube.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Not according to Mariah. Also you are just counting streaming numbers, so in that context a stream is a stream fundamentally.

How the data is used for charting and certification purposes is another conversation.
        I'm not saying YouTube views don't count. But they definitely don't hold the same value as Spotify streams. And it's not just me saying this but literally every chart company there is. If artists barely make any money from Spotify, then they must get pennies from YouTube.

And let's be real... YouTube views have seriously slowed down - at least for Western artists. Nowadays it's an achievement to even reach 200 million views whereas five years ago or so it was barely noteworthy. Another reason Spotify is a much better metric for success.

Comment

• Album streams (Jan. 29)

1. In the Zone — 619,529
          2. Circus — 482,918
          3. Oops!...I Did It Again — 479,395
          4. …Baby One More Time — 435,734
          5. Blackout — 339,864
          6. Femme Fatale — 325,750
          7. Glory — 200,105
          8. Britney — 193,507
          9. Britney Jean — 132,649

"In the Zone" is that girl.

Comment

• Britney on Spotify Currently - 18,212,687 monthly listeners
            164th in the world.

Comment

• Third pre-2000 female with most monthly listeners, btw.

1. Shakira: 33,325,294
              2. Whitney Houston: 19,836,526
              3. Britney Spears: 18,212,687
              ​​​​

Comment

Third pre-2000 female with most monthly listeners, btw.

​​​​
                Is there a way to see that info without trawling through them all individually ? I guess JLO and Christina would be next ? Shakira is really way out ahead in terms of monthly listeners, almost on par with Katy.

Comment

Is there a way to see that info without trawling through them all individually ? I guess JLO and Christina would be next ? Shakira is really way out ahead in terms of monthly listeners, almost on par with Katy.
                  I think you have to go through them all sadly lol. But yes, that's the exact order.

4. JLo: 17,081,899
                  5. Xtina: 16,773,272

Shakira has a new song out with BEP that's charting on the Hot 100 as we speak, which is why she's higher than usual.

Comment

• How do monthly listeners work? Because that ranking doesn’t much their daily streams

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post
                      How do monthly listeners work? Because that ranking doesn’t much their daily streams
                      They actually don't matter that much. Per Spotify's FAQ:

Monthly listeners are unique listeners who play the music of an artist during a 28-day period

2 important things to clarify about your monthly listeners:
                      They’ve listened within a rolling window of 28 days. We use a rolling window of 28 days because the number of days in a calendar month can vary, and because people listen to music differently depending on the day of the week. This means an equal number of days of the week are included—so, the same number of Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, etc.
                      They are unique listeners. If someone plays your music multiple times in a 28-day period, they only get counted once.
                      In concrete words, as soon as someone listens to an artist, it adds to his Monthly Listeners tally, but then no matter how many songs the user streams, it won’t impact anymore the statistic until 28 days later.

I recommend reading ChartMasters' article about them - it's a very good read.

Why Spotify’s Monthly Listeners stat is irrelevant

Comment

• Combining Spotify and Youtube Britney has the most most streamed female solo song of the years 1998, 2000 and 2004 .. A rare feature to have done this 3 times.

Comment

They actually don't matter that much. Per Spotify's FAQ:

In concrete words, as soon as someone listens to an artist, it adds to his Monthly Listeners tally, but then no matter how many songs the user streams, it won’t impact anymore the statistic until 28 days later.

I recommend reading ChartMasters' article about them - it's a very good read.

Why Spotify’s Monthly Listeners stat is irrelevant
                          Well I mean if someone listens to 30 seconds of a song it registers as a stream. And the cumulated streams are just the same people listening to a song over and over. I mean you can hardly see one thing as irrelevant and think the other thing is super meaningful?

Comment

Well I mean if someone listens to 30 seconds of a song it registers as a stream. And the cumulated streams are just the same people listening to a song over and over. I mean you can hardly see one thing as irrelevant and think the other thing is super meaningful?
                            At the end of the day what really matters is the amount of streams. Even if it's the same 10 people listening to the same song on loop, the artist and label get paid the same.

Comment

At the end of the day what really matters is the amount of streams. Even if it's the same 10 people listening to the same song on loop, the artist and label get paid the same.
                              Don't Spotify remove spam streams ?

So what sort of money would Britney make on her daily streams ?
                              Last edited by InFamous; Sun January 31, 2021, 06:53.

Comment

Don't Spotify remove spam streams ?

So what sort of money would Britney make on her daily streams ?
                                i believe Spotify remove spam from the charts, not from the counter... what gives money is the streams in the counter

Comment

• ireland albums
                                  77.(80) The singles collection
                                  Britney Spears
                                  peak position: 26 – total weeks: 31
                                  Last edited by gorgonzola; Sun January 31, 2021, 10:32.

Comment

• Originally posted by pedrolabre View Post

i believe Spotify remove spam from the charts, not from the counter... what gives money is the streams in the counter
                                    This my understanding as well. Just like how some fans rush out and buy 10 copies of an album on release week--the sales still count even if the CDs sit unopened on a shelf in someone's house for eternity. I heard someone mention once that Spotify only counts 12 streams per song per day for one account, to count towards the charts. Which means you could listen to a new album 12 times everyday (that's 6-10 hours of play time) and spotify doesn't have a problem with it.

This makes sense because like I said, it is well-known that die-hard fans buy multiples versions of albums to have for collections. Let's say a fan buys 5 copies of an album. Using the 1500 streams = 1 album, that same fan would have to stream the tracks 7,500 times to make up the same sales. For a 12 track album, they would have to play the whole thing 625 times. That would be 90 times per day to make up the same first week sales, which is impossible. Even playing an album 10 times per day would still take over 2 months to match just buying the album 5 times.

In fact, it takes 125 listens for a 12 track album just to make the 1500 streams for 1 sale. Most causal listeners will never listen 125 times! Even to albums they like. Even with a hit song that you listen to say 100 times throughout a year, that still leaves 1400 streams missing for a one album sale!

So because it takes so long to accumulate 1500 streams from one user (or likely never happens), IMO the die-hard streaming fans just balance it out. Because back in the 90s and 2000s is was common to buy CDs that you know only had one hit song, meaning the artist got a whole sale from you even tho the album was crap and you bought it for one song. Casual CD buying was a thing back then. Now, a casual streaming of an album simply results in 12 streams for the artist--a far cry from a whole album sale.

Comment

• "Toxic" received over 500,000 streams (503,988) on Spotify. (January 30, 2021)

Comment

• Comment

• Toxic

600 million will come sooner than we were expecting.

Comment

• Femme Fatale has now surpassed 400 million streams on Spotify. This is Britney’s fifth album to reach this milestone, and her first from the 2010's.

Comment

Femme Fatale has now surpassed 400 million streams on Spotify. This is Britney’s fifth album to reach this milestone, and her first from the 2010's.
                                              How many artists have reached 400m streams with a seventh album?

Comment

• Originally posted by coddiecollins View Post

How many artists have reached 400m streams with a seventh album?
                                                probably rihanna, miley and taylor... Beyonce and Gaga if non-solo albums counts

Comment

• Im loving the Femme Fatale revival... even I wanna go is doing decent numbers currently, over 60k daily

hope it gets stable and reach 500M by the end of 2021

Comment

• Only six female songs from the 2000's got 500K+ streams yesterday, and Toxic was one of them!

Top 6 (Jan. 30):
                                                    Umbrella – 701,617
                                                    Hips Don't Lie – 623,040
                                                    Promiscuous – 585,509
                                                    Party In The USA – 548,271
                                                    Halo – 520,434
                                                    Toxic – 503,988

Comment

Working...
                                                    X