Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by coddiecollins View Post

    Huge but I guess it's the Friday effect
    Saturday’s update are usually even better

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Britneysdream View Post
      GH:MP is charting at 32 on uk iTunes
      Is it discounted? Maybe GH:MP will appear on the UK Album Chart next week instead of The Singles Collection

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post

        Is it discounted? Maybe GH:MP will appear on the UK Album Chart next week instead of The Singles Collection
        No it’s £10.99
        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

        Comment


        • Daily streams for the biggest female albums from their respective years (Feb. 19)

          2000
          Britney Spears - Oops!...I Did It Again - 621,267
          Enya - A Day Without Rain - 287,958
          Nelly Furtado - Woah, Nelly! - 151,399
          Paulina Rubio - Paulina - 143,675
          Sade - Lovers Rock - 131,533
          Toni Braxton - The Heat - 106,736
          Christina Aguilera - Mi Reflejo - 104,381
          Madonna - Music - 88,283
          Whitney: The Greatest Hits - 82,411
          Anastacia - Not That Kind - 76,069
          Kylie Minogue - Light Years - 66,710
          P!nk - Can't Take Me Home - 40,339

          2001
          Shakira - Laundry Service - 389,529
          Destiny's Child - Survivor - 364,451
          Britney Spears - Britney - 289,176
          Kylie Minogue - Fever - 286,381
          P!nk - M!ssundaztood - 219,367
          Alicia Keys - Songs in a Minor - 195,532
          Jennifer Lopez - J Lo - 185,467
          Mary J. Blige - No More Drama - 151,700
          Missy Elliot - Miss E... So Addictive - 121,792
          Janet Jackson - All for You - 83,216
          Anastacia - Freak of Nature - 25,606
          Mariah Carey - Glitter - 12,490

          2003
          Britney Spears - In the Zone - 756,994
          Beyoncé - Dangerously in Love - 749,319
          Alicia Keys - The Diary of Alicia Keys - 429,258
          Kelis - Tasty - 186,602
          Dido - Life for Rent - 165,156
          Amy Winehouse - Frank - 137,898
          Monica - After the Storm - 78,672
          Hilary Duff - Metamorphosis - 64,036
          Ashanti - Chapter II - 64,010
          Kelly Clarkson - Thankful - 61,169
          P!nk - Try This - 49,869
          Madonna - American Life - 34,628
          Missy Elliot - This Is Not a Test! - 33,267
          Celine Dion - One Heart - 27,363
          Nelly Furtado - Folklore - 27,185
          Kylie Minogue - Body Language - 21,642

          2007
          Rihanna - Good Girl Gone Bad - 2,026,822
          Leona Lewis - Spirit - 568,139
          Britney Spears - Blackout - 490,128
          Avril Lavigne - The Best Damn Thing - 472,502
          Alicia Keys - As I Am - 453,383
          Cascada - Everytime We Touch - 321,441
          Jordin Sparks - Jordin Sparks - 306,903
          M.I.A. - Kala - 272,608
          Carrie Underwood - Carnival Ride - 73,423
          Miley Cyrus - Meet Miley Cyrus - 64,234
          Mary J. Blige - Growing Pains - 51,744
          Norah Jones - Not Too Late - 41,821
          Kylie Minogue - X - 32,517
          Celine Dion - Taking Chances - 28,702
          Hilary Duff - Dignity - 14,357
          Kelly Clarkson - My December - 11,009
          Jennifer Lopez - Como Ama una Mujer - 9,913
          Jennifer Lopez - Brave - 9,878

          2008
          Taylor Swift - Fearless - 1,678,941
          Beyoncé - I Am… Sasha Fierce - 1,375,647
          Lady Gaga - The Fame - 1,342,817
          Katy Perry - One of the Boys - 854,875
          Adele - 19 - 886,330
          Britney Spears - Circus - 599,490
          P!nk - Funhouse - 481,133
          The Pussycat Dolls - Domination - 220,730
          Duffy - Rockferry - 187,059
          Madonna - Hard Candy - 152,142
          Mariah Carey - E=MC2 - 113,180
          Miley Cyrus - Breakout - 101,050
          Demi Lovato - Don’t Forget - 63,964
          Brandy - Human - 15,413
          Christina Aguilera - Keeps Getting Better: A Decade of Hits - 7,393

          2008 was a very competitive year. Gaga, Adele and Katy debuting, Taylor's breakthrough era, Beyoncé's digital era peak, Britney's comeback, and OG legends like Mariah, Madonna and Janet all releasing. Still, it's amazing that Circus is doing better than Funhouse which was was a much bigger seller globally (4m vs. 7m).

          In the Zone overtook Let Go yesterday as the biggest female album from the early 2000s in daily streams.

          Comment


          • Most viewed videos in the past 24 hours (English):

            179. (+12) Britney Spears - ...Baby One More Time - 500,469
            Last edited by matheusbelmont; Sun February 21, 2021, 03:36.

            Comment


            • She's coming for 20 million monthly listeners (again)

              Comment


              • Toxic – 595,640
                Oops!...I Did It Again – 394,722
                Scream & Shout – 367,281
                Baby One More Time – 364,261
                Womanizer – 295,283
                Gimme More – 283,285
                Circus – 159,873
                Criminal – 151,271
                Work Bitch – 137,638
                I'm a Slave 4 U – 127,033
                If U Seek Amy – 102,480

                Comment


                • Almost 600k for “Toxic” is really insane. “Scream & Shout” and “Baby One More Time” are doing a battle for the 3rd place since this year, they are very close everytime.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Stronger99 View Post
                    Almost 600k for “Toxic” is really insane. “Scream & Shout” and “Baby One More Time” are doing a battle for the 3rd place since this year, they are very close everytime.
                    Tbh I'm surprised at circus numbers I thought after they added it on that playlist would get bigger updates...
                    if criminal finally pass it what can I say.

                    Comment


                    • Toxic almost 600K, Oops almost 400K and Womanizer almost 300K. She's killing it.

                      Comment


                      • The documentary and the discourse on the conservatorship has proved to be the best promo for her back catalogue. It seems so many people are going back and rediscovering her discography. And it's already been a couple of weeks since Framing Britney deubuted--I wonder how long this surge will last. I think the boost will be permanent to some extent (meaning I doubt her streaming numbers will drop back down to the same figures as pre-documentary).

                        Comment


                        • Amazing numbers. What's the totals for each album?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ksg22 View Post
                            The documentary and the discourse on the conservatorship has proved to be the best promo for her back catalogue. It seems so many people are going back and rediscovering her discography. And it's already been a couple of weeks since Framing Britney deubuted--I wonder how long this surge will last. I think the boost will be permanent to some extent (meaning I doubt her streaming numbers will drop back down to the same figures as pre-documentary).
                            i believe that to because its not only people rediscovering, its as well an entire generation intentionaly listening britney discography for the first time

                            and this effect is much more powerful than BBMA 2016 medley one

                            When/if she comes back with a new album soon (i guess 2022-2023) it will have a better performance than Glory and Britney Jean (of course it depends of the quality too)

                            NOTE: im pretty sure she is reaching 6 billion streams on Spotify this year

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ksg22 View Post
                              The documentary and the discourse on the conservatorship has proved to be the best promo for her back catalogue. It seems so many people are going back and rediscovering her discography. And it's already been a couple of weeks since Framing Britney deubuted--I wonder how long this surge will last. I think the boost will be permanent to some extent (meaning I doubt her streaming numbers will drop back down to the same figures as pre-documentary).
                              Well the docu just aired first in america and slowly in other countries...it's not like it aired worldwide at the same time.... So that's why the effect slowly building up..I mean was it like 5 days ago it was shown in uk? !
                              I Think the effect gonna last a little bit but for example I don't expect the same numbers in 6 months from now..
                              Would be great if it lasted...

                              Comment


                              • America clearly has the biggest effect though, and two weeks later she's still reaching new peaks

                                Saturday, Feb. 20


                                Saturday, Feb. 13


                                Saturday, Feb. 6


                                The documentary aired on Feb. 5, and she's doing much better now.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by coddiecollins View Post

                                  Well the docu just aired first in america and slowly in other countries...it's not like it aired worldwide at the same time.... So that's why the effect slowly building up..I mean was it like 5 days ago it was shown in uk? !
                                  I Think the effect gonna last a little bit but for example I don't expect the same numbers in 6 months from now..
                                  Would be great if it lasted...
                                  the netflix docu will give a huge boost and will probably be released this year, so i believe these numbers will last for a long time

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by pedrolabre View Post

                                    the netflix docu will give a huge boost and will probably be released this year, so i believe these numbers will last for a long time
                                    I thought the netflix was just a rumor not official

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by coddiecollins View Post

                                      I thought the netflix was just a rumor not official
                                      Bloomberg confirmed it a few weeks ago!
                                      https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...britney-spears

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by coddiecollins View Post

                                        I thought the netflix was just a rumor not official
                                        Bloomberg confirmed it. Anyway I don’t understand why some people are acting like it’s a bad thing that she’s receiving a boost from this documentary. She’s non currently active in music, she’s not performing, releasing new projects and such. I’m pretty sure that if she was constantly releasing new music her catalog would’ve received a boost anyway. Plus she’s not the first pop star who has had a documentary about their life. There are plenty of pop stars that have had documentaries, movies etc. made about their life and have consequentially enjoyed a boost on streaming services. It doesn’t make it any less impressive. I mean that’s like saying we should invalidate Queen’s recent catalog sales/streams just because they are mostly due to their biopic. It doesn’t make any sense

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post

                                          Bloomberg confirmed it. Anyway I don’t understand why some people are acting like it’s a bad thing that she’s receiving a boost from this documentary. She’s non currently active in music, she’s not performing, releasing new projects and such. I’m pretty sure that if she was constantly releasing new music her catalog would’ve received a boost anyway. Plus she’s not the first pop star who has had a documentary about their life. There are plenty of pop stars that have had documentaries, movies etc. made about their life and have consequentially enjoyed a boost on streaming services. It doesn’t make it any less impressive. I mean that’s like saying we should invalidate Queen’s recent catalog sales/streams just because they are mostly due to their biopic. It doesn’t make any sense
                                          Noone said its a bad thing..i think everyone is satisfied and maybe surprised by how this affected her catalog...


                                          Ooh i didnt know was confirmed..but can we trust Bloomberg?!
                                          Im curious what kind of biopic it will be and if someone close to britney will be involved

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post

                                            Bloomberg confirmed it. Anyway I don’t understand why some people are acting like it’s a bad thing that she’s receiving a boost from this documentary. She’s non currently active in music, she’s not performing, releasing new projects and such. I’m pretty sure that if she was constantly releasing new music her catalog would’ve received a boost anyway. Plus she’s not the first pop star who has had a documentary about their life. There are plenty of pop stars that have had documentaries, movies etc. made about their life and have consequentially enjoyed a boost on streaming services. It doesn’t make it any less impressive. I mean that’s like saying we should invalidate Queen’s recent catalog sales/streams just because they are mostly due to their biopic. It doesn’t make any sense
                                            it is definatly not a bad thing... if her personal life is bringing people to look for her catalog means that her discography is worthy listening, if not people would only talk about her life and thats it

                                            we can not pretend that artists lifes doesnt influence how much people will be interested in their music... taylor, beyonce, ariana, olivia rodrigo are big exemples

                                            Comment




                                            • Total daily streams (Feb. 20) – 4.69M

                                              Comment


                                              • In the Zone was the most streamed female album from the early 2000s yesterday (Feb. 20):

                                                1. In the Zone — 773,596
                                                2. Dangerously in Love — 761,654
                                                3. Let Go — 718,961
                                                4. Breakaway — 658,730
                                                5. Oops!...I Did it Again — 617,012
                                                6. Love. Angel. Music. Baby — 606,880
                                                7. Come Away with Me — 549,079


                                                Comment


                                                • What are the total streams for each album?

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Does anyone know if adding Pretty Girls onto digital versions of Glory would push it passed 500,000 units in the United States?
                                                    we will rise to meet the challenge every time

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X