Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by MyDecember View Post
    Does anyone know if adding Pretty Girls onto digital versions of Glory would push it passed 500,000 units in the United States?
    I believe so. Glory must be around 420K units right now, while Pretty Girls is around the 800K range (80K units).


    Comment


    • Originally posted by MyDecember View Post
      Does anyone know if adding Pretty Girls onto digital versions of Glory would push it passed 500,000 units in the United States?
      Well they dont have to be so desperate...

      Comment


      • That's just the way the music industry works these days. If everybody else does it why not Britney? I've seen far worse scenarios. But I doubt it's gonna happen anyway.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Instinct View Post
          That's just the way the music industry works these days. If everybody else does it why not Britney? I've seen far worse scenarios. But I doubt it's gonna happen anyway.
          Sorry but adding Pretty Girls onto Glory would be next level desperate. I mean it already went from 16 to 24 tracks and has had two reissues in the space of a year. I think it is enough at this stage. Pretty Girls has nothing what so ever to do with the Glory era.
          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
          Pronouns: He / Him

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Instinct View Post
            That's just the way the music industry works these days. If everybody else does it why not Britney? I've seen far worse scenarios. But I doubt it's gonna happen anyway.
            If thats the case they should add scream n shout to britney jean so it can be platinum

            Comment


            • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

              Sorry but adding Pretty Girls onto Glory would be next level desperate. I mean it already went from 16 to 24 tracks and has had two reissues in the space of a year. I think it is enough at this stage. Pretty Girls has nothing what so ever to do with the Glory era.
              Make an unavailable song availabe is not desperate nor a real reissue

              then releasing a physical edition exclusive in vynil and then only two songs and 1 non-factor remix is hardly desperate

              i agree putting Pretty Girls right now would be cringe, but dont act like Glory reissues were a big thing

              and Britney was recording at least 4 songs from glory (liar, clumsy, private show, mood ring) during/before/after the release of pretty girls, so its not like the album has nothing to do with it

              Comment


              • Originally posted by coddiecollins View Post

                If thats the case they should add scream n shout to britney jean so it can be platinum
                Scream & Shout is a will.i.am song and it’s part of his album. Not the same thing clearly.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by pedrolabre View Post

                  Make an unavailable song availabe is not desperate nor a real reissue

                  then releasing a physical edition exclusive in vynil and then only two songs and 1 non-factor remix is hardly desperate

                  i agree putting Pretty Girls right now would be cringe, but dont act like Glory reissues were a big thing

                  and Britney was recording at least 4 songs from glory (liar, clumsy, private show, mood ring) during/before/after the release of pretty girls, so its not like the album has nothing to do with it
                  Nah if she wanted Pretty Girls on the album put it on it from the start. Adding it now would be super cringe come on ..

                  And I have to say I think adding those Mood Ring mixes to the album was a bit unnecessary, the extra tracks sure. Ie - Mood Ring, Matches and SITS but i mean its not really normal for an album to have 2 reissues in the space of a year either. 1 ok, 2 not so much. I mean it already had a deluxe version so that was basically 4 versions of the album. At least now they have only two on her Spotify page which is fine.
                  Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                  Pronouns: He / Him

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                    Scream & Shout is a will.i.am song and it’s part of his album. Not the same thing clearly.
                    and if it wasnt... it should be easy was recorded at the same time as Scream & Shout and its part of Britney Jean

                    Anyway, not Pretty Girls nor any other orphan track will be included in any one of Britney albums, her teams is not that smart

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                      Nah if she wanted Pretty Girls on the album put it on it from the start. Adding it now would be super cringe come on ..

                      And I have to say I think adding those Mood Ring mixes to the album was a bit unnecessary, the extra tracks sure. Ie - Mood Ring, Matches and SITS but i mean its not really normal for an album to have 2 reissues in the space of a year either. 1 ok, 2 not so much. I mean it already had a deluxe version so that was basically 4 versions of the album. At least now they have only two on her Spotify page which is fine.
                      Who cares whats its normal... we are in the streaming era, labels can do wathever they want with the album

                      in 2018 we got a Glory with a singles collection track list as a japan exclusive, thats not normal, but happens

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                        Scream & Shout is a will.i.am song and it’s part of his album. Not the same thing clearly.
                        They can always pull a bang bang

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by pedrolabre View Post

                          Who cares whats its normal... we are in the streaming era, labels can do wathever they want with the album

                          in 2018 we got a Glory with a singles collection track list as a japan exclusive, thats not normal, but happens
                          Surely with the expanded 24 tracks ( including the solo version of SP it will eventually go Gold in the US ?
                          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                          Pronouns: He / Him

                          Comment


                          • Youtube (Feb. 20):

                            ...Baby One More Time - 487,781
                            Scream & Shout - 316,854
                            Toxic - 313,737
                            Oops!...I Did It Again - 201,241
                            Womanizer - 143,522
                            Sometimes - 132,542
                            Criminal - 124,800
                            Gimme More - 124,778
                            Work Bitch - 91,091
                            Lucky - 83,237
                            (You Drive Me) Crazy - 79,675
                            I'm a Slave 4 U - 71,238
                            Stronger - 65,897
                            Everytime - 60,830
                            Circus - 60,735
                            I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman - 60,076
                            Overprotected - 57,782
                            Piece of Me - 51,422
                            I Wanna Go - 49,414
                            If U Seek Amy - 49,007

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                              Surely with the expanded 24 tracks ( including the solo version of SP it will eventually go Gold in the US ?
                              Dont drag them like that

                              Comment


                              • Some of you really love going around in circles about things that don't matter. Who gives a sh*t about some club remixes for a 5 year old bonus track? You know damn well they're not gonna push the album to Gold. Stop derailing the thread with your non-sense. Thanks.

                                ----
                                (You Drive Me) Crazy had its biggest day on YouTube yesterday with 79K views. It also pulled 80K on Spotify.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by coddiecollins View Post

                                  Dont drag them like that
                                  Wasn't dragging at all, was a serious question. I thought it was pretty close to gold already ( like well over 400k so assumed with time it would get to gold.
                                  Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                  Pronouns: He / Him

                                  Comment


                                  • I agree that including 'Pretty Girls' on Glory would be so catastrophic to its artistic purpose but for commercial purposes I guess that it's a good move to push this album finally to Gold.

                                    Comment


                                    • Glory will get to gold on its own eventually. It’s not like her label is going to certify her catalog anytime soon anyway...

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post
                                        Glory will get to gold on its own eventually. It’s not like her label is going to certify her catalog anytime soon anyway...
                                        Well all the albums are growing...
                                        but we know her team sucks at certifications...

                                        Comment


                                        • With the way Criminal has been growing I have no doubt Femme Fatale is eligible is now eligible for 2x Platinum. And Blackout shouldn't be that far off either.

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                                            With the way Criminal has been growing I have no doubt Femme Fatale is eligible is now eligible for 2x Platinum. And Blackout shouldn't be that far off either.
                                            How is it in americA? 10 singles= 1 album and 1500 streams = 1 album?

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                                              I believe so. Glory must be around 420K units right now, while Pretty Girls is around the 800K range (80K units).
                                              Exactly. Would be Gold by now.

                                              I hate “Pretty Girls” though.
                                              Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                              Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                                              Comment


                                              • Even if PG could push the album to 30 million I wouldn’t want it to be added to the tracklist.
                                                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

                                                  Exactly. Would be Gold by now.

                                                  I hate “Pretty Girls” though.
                                                  At least we know that the only reason Glory is not Gold is because her label/team doesn't want it to.


                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by coddiecollins View Post

                                                    Well they dont have to be so desperate...
                                                    I proposed a philosophical... It’s not actually happening.
                                                    we will rise to meet the challenge every time

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X