Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaliday293
    Is Britney the only major female pop artist without a 10 million selling song to her name?
    Why does it matter? She debuted in 1998!

according to Billboard magazine, ...Baby one more time sold 700k copies in France while Oops I did it again 500k copies (2001)

Comment

• ^ Good, not far away from my estimations 650K for "Baby" and 450K for "Oops" but Yep, she's the best selling female artist of her generation in France and with a big lead, she's also scored the most amount of hits singles in France among her peers and all of her albums produced top 10 singles there.
      Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaliday293
        Is Britney the only major female pop artist without a 10 million selling song to her name?

'3 posts'
        BS:TS:IA:NM

Comment

• Originally posted by toxicALIENS
          Originally posted by Shaliday293

'3 posts'
          and just look at his/hers post in CA chart /sales thread... (No shade)
          Last FM <3
          Instagram

Comment

• Can we move on please?

Comment

• What are Britney's full album totals in the UK with club sales/shipments? Could it be be near 5.5 million or something? A full album per album breakdown would be nice to see!
              I LOVE MARIAH AND BRITNEY!

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyingHead
                What are Britney's full album totals in the UK with club sales/shipments? Could it be be near 5.5 million or something? A full album per album breakdown would be nice to see!
                Just look at the first page
                *CLICK* - FREE AMAZON/ITUNES VOUCHERS - *CLICK*

Comment

• The first page is way over-estimated in terms of her global album sales - this woman has not sold 90m albums.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne
                    The first page is way over-estimated in terms of her global album sales - this woman has not sold 90m albums.
                    RCA says otherwise.

Comment

• Originally posted by LostAvenger
                      Originally posted by Wayne
                      The first page is way over-estimated in terms of her global album sales - this woman has not sold 90m albums.
                      RCA says otherwise.
                      Yep.

Sony also said Michael Jackson has sold 750 million albums.

And RCA said Elvis sold over 1 billion records.

To be fair, 90 million isn't actually *that* much of a far cry - but please don't come at me with "RCA says otherwise".

Comment

• ...Baby One More Time: 27,000,000
                        Oops!... I Did It Again: 23,000,000
                        Britney: 12,000,000
                        In The Zone: 8,600,000
                        Greatest Hits: My Prerogative: 7,700,000
                        Blackout: 3,100,000
                        Circus: 4,400,000
                        The Singles Collection: 1,200,000
                        Femme Fatale: 2,200,000
                        Britney jean: 700,000

B In The Mix: The Remixes: 300,000
                        B In The Mix: The Remixes (Vol 2): 100,000
                        Other Releases: 300,000~

Which album is overestimated in your opinion?
                        Some sources say BOMT is at 30 000 000 right now... for example.

Comment

• we can never know real sales, they could be even higher or lower... those are numbers which have been confimed by her label so i'll take that.
                          Last FM <3
                          Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by nickf1
                            we can never know real sales, they could be even higer or lower... those are numbers which have been confimed by her label so i'll take that.
                            It's the stan's cop out, look.

Let's just move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatBieberSide
                              Originally posted by FlyingHead
                              What are Britney's full album totals in the UK with club sales/shipments? Could it be be near 5.5 million or something? A full album per album breakdown would be nice to see!
                              Just look at the first page
                              Are they over the counter sales?

I see

Baby: 1.22 mil
                              Oops: 905k
                              Britney: 460k
                              Zone: 535k
                              GH: 1 mil
                              Blackout: 295k
                              Circus: 370k
                              TSC: 160k
                              Femme Fatale: 100k
                              BJ: 35k

If they are, I'm interested to see the totals with shipments/club sales because I think I recall seeing Oops above 1 mil somewhere. It's just 5k copies shy! That would give her 7 platinum albums

I hope Blackout reaches platinum

Comment

• Greatest Hits could overtake ITZ, how much does it sell yearly?

Comment

• Originally posted by LostAvenger
                                  Originally posted by Wayne
                                  RCA says otherwise.
                                  With "RCA says otherwise" you're refering to that screen cap of a supposed email they replied to a fan (posted here in page 32) that states those same figures?

You'll recognize that many could believe that mail is fake as hell, and that, in the event it's true, a fan's private email cannot be considered an official source as a press release, a Billboard article and so on... right?

Comment

• That mail is indeed fake. The one who made it up clearly doesn't know how IFPI works.

Sales figures from Nielsen SoundScan that "leaked" last year in August are also completely fake and made up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haribo
                                      That mail is indeed fake. The one who made it up clearly doesn't know IFPI works.

Sales figures from Nielsen SoundScan that "leaked" last year in August are also completely fake and made up.
                                      Thanks.

Comment

• ...Baby One More Time: 27,000,000 around 24-25
                                        Oops!... I Did It Again: 23,000,000 around 21-22
                                        Britney: 12,000,000 around 10
                                        In The Zone: 8,600,000 around 7.5
                                        Greatest Hits: My Prerogative: 7,700,000 around 6
                                        Blackout: 3,100,000
                                        Circus: 4,400,000
                                        The Singles Collection: 1,200,000 a bit less
                                        Femme Fatale: 2,200,000 around 1.7
                                        Britney jean: 700,000
                                        blackout and circus also sold a bit less
                                        -Marshall you're so funny man, you should be a comedian, God damn
                                        -Unfortunately I am, but I just hide behind the tears of a clown

Comment

• The haters are in full force today I see. Haribo only comes here to discredit her and nympho gets away with trolling Madonna and Britney threads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haribo
                                            That mail is indeed fake. The one who made it up clearly doesn't know how IFPI works.

When will you get a life? And I'm not even going to reply to that Xtina troll

Comment

• Haters stay pressed!

Comment

• Moderators Notice

Thank you to those that have reported posts that clearly violate our rules - they have been removed. Three points I'd like to make...
                                                • Please do not respond to trolls - just report the posts and one of us will remove them when we get 2 minutes. You're just increasing my workload by responding to trolls.[/*:m:kvhtg094]
                                                • Messages like "Haters stay pressed!" are as annoying as trolls - if you persistently make them, especially in chart analysis, you will eventually end up with warnings and/or bans.[/*:m:kvhtg094]
                                                • Please do not report posts that are clearly not a problem - i.e. someone has reported Haribo on the previous page for calling into question the validity of that RCA email. This is chart analysis and scrutiny is the name of the game people![/*:m:kvhtg094]

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne
                                                  It's the stan's cop out, look.

Let's just move on.
                                                  You stated that 90M figure is wrong and after few posts you say let's just move on. Why are you starting useless discussions if you know this site has plenty of stans/trollers/etc. If you wanna discuss normally, just say what albums you think are overestimated or whatever you want. With all respect, you are one who is flaming in this thread.

Personally, I don't think she sold 90M albums. My figures are between 85-86.5M and let's not act that is THAT far from 90M.
                                                  Britney Spears
                                                  Madonna
                                                  Janet

Comment

• Can someone post her last officially known SS sales before that fake leak? I saved that leak instead of confirmed sales, and i wanna have last known SS sales

Comment

Working...
                                                    X