Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
    The longevity is amazing. I mean, the documentary is a month old now.
    Great longevity indeed. I think if artists perform at the Brit Awards in UK they only get an effect for what? 1 week? .... this was only a documentary and it’s been 3 weeks since it premiered in UK and her album just keeps on charting based on the streams the documentary boosted.

Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Yes and I’m glad Britney made it because in her case like 80% or 90% of her “Baby One More Time” album’s sales were completely excluded right?
      Indeed. BOMT was the 14th best selling album of 1999 in the UK so it must have sold a very good amount, and that's completely excluded from her total.

Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Great longevity indeed. I think if artists perform at the Brit Awards in UK they only get an effect for what? 1 week? .... this was only a documentary and it’s been 3 weeks since it premiered in UK and her album just keeps on charting based on the streams the documentary boosted.
      I don't think any of us expected this kind of effect. Tbh, I was expecting a small boost on iTunes as irrelevant as it may be these days, but to make the UK Top 100 for the 4th week in a row? That's pretty amazing. I think it's safe to say she has gained some new fans since the documentary premiered.

Comment

I don't think any of us expected this kind of effect. Tbh, I was expecting a small boost on iTunes as irrelevant as it may be these days, but to make the UK Top 100 for the 4th week in a row? That's pretty amazing. I think it's safe to say she has gained some new fans since the documentary premiered.
        Exactly.. I expected that, a 2-3 days boost on itunes but the documentary feedback, reaction, reception and boost on charts definitely exceeded my expectations.

Can’t wait for the Netflix Doc.
        Last edited by MrLeonix; Tue March 9, 2021, 00:29.
        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Most streamed pre-2000 female artists in the US last week, according to Rolling Stone:

1. Britney Spears – 13.9M
          2. Mariah Carey – 11.8M
          3. Shakira – 11.5M
          4 Jenni Rivera – 10.2M
          5. Enya – 8.7M
          6. Whitney Houston – 8.7M
          7. Mary J. Blige – 7.4M
          8. Madonna – 6.7M
          9. The Chicks – 6.6M
          10. Destiny's Child – 6.5M
          11. Selena – 5.9M

Last four weeks...
          Feb 26 - Mar 4 - 13.9M
          Feb 19 - Feb 25 - 14.5M
          Feb 12 - Feb 18 - 14.6M
          Feb 5 - Feb 11 - 13.1M

56.1M audio streams in the US in the past month.

Comment

• UK 1999 Year End Albums from buzzjack

14.Britney Spears - Baby One More Time - 645,466

Comment

• Matches...

Comment

Matches...
                What's the rise for? Good though

Comment

• What’s causing the rise for Matches? It’s been pretty stable for a few days

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post
                    What’s causing the rise for Matches? It’s been pretty stable for a few days
                    It's the first song on Britney's playlists. People are probably checking them out due to her high profile right now.
                    Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                    Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

• Come on Glory. Get that Gold certification.... in 2043.
                      we will rise to meet the challenge every time

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

It's the first song on Britney's playlists. People are probably checking them out due to her high profile right now.
                        Sure, weeks after airing people thought on a Monday: "let's listen to some Britney on Spotify". Also "playlists" like anybody is checking for her complete collection playlist...

I have a feeling Matches might be played and listened to in some Asian countries that might cause it's stability and occasional growth. It was charting in Malaysia and was also featured in a TV show in the Philippines.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyoverthere View Post

Sure, weeks after airing people thought on a Monday: "let's listen to some Britney on Spotify". Also "playlists" like anybody is checking for her complete collection playlist...

I have a feeling Matches might be played and listened to in some Asian countries that might cause it's stability and occasional growth. It was charting in Malaysia and was also featured in a TV show in the Philippines.
                          Well I mean its not like the documentary aired once and people forgot all about it. Britneys profile is really high right now and that is leading people to check out her music. That is obvious due to the way her streaming has been increasing. Also it is not true to say no one is checking her playlists. I use playlists all the time. You are trying to say that its just coincidence that Matches is the first song on both of those playlists

This is Britney Spear has 569, 019 followers.
                          Complete Collection has 139. 501 followers

So I would be pretty certain that a lot of its plays are coming from those platlists. Its not as if people are going to Spotify and searching for the song.

Comment

• Canada

55 Re-Entry 3 The Singles Collection - Britney Spears ( 19 ) Jive

Looks like TSC overtook The Essential this week.

Comment

• Since the launch of the special, Britney Spears’s music has grown to an average weekly audio streaming level 72% above what it was in 2020. In fact, she has gone from having 44 of the most audio streamed Pop songs in 2020 to having 71 so far in 2021.

https://cb.sailthru.com/view/55a3df8...6.2rk/bc38e907

Comment

• “Glory” should be around 420K units in USA by now right Instinct?

Comment

• Glad to see 'Matches' still pulling healthy numbers despite was released with no buzz even with the feature. I hope it sticks for around to help a little Glory to reach 400 million on Spotify!

Comment

• As of May 1st, before the #JusticeForGlory campaign, Glory had sold 213K copies (physical + digital + track equivalent sales). With streaming that figure increased to over 370K (x).

Since the campaign (+ re-release)

Spotify
                                    April 30, 2020: 299,318,833
                                    March 8, 2021: 354,701,494 (+55,382,661)

YouTube:
                                    Slumber Party - 4,800,000
                                    Mood Ring (By Demand) (Pride Remix) (Audio) - 3,353,517
                                    Swimming in the Stars (Audio) - 3,149,532
                                    Matches (Audio) - 2,591,081
                                    Make Me - 2,576,000
                                    Make Me (Audio) - 896,000
                                    Make Me... / Me, Myself & I ft. G-Eazy (Live from the 2016 MTV VMAs) - 755,000
                                    Mood Ring (By Demand) (Ape Drums Remix) (Audio) - 505,399
                                    Total: 18,626,529

Auto-Generated videos:
                                    Mood Ring (By Demand) - 1,641,134
                                    Swimming in the Stars - 362,311
                                    Matches - 333,642
                                    Mood Ring (By Demand) (Pride Remix) - 231,670
                                    Mood Ring (By Demand) (Ape Drums Remix) - 53,684
                                    Mood Ring (By Demand) (Wuki Remix) - 23,107
                                    Total: 2,645,548

21,272,077 YouTube views and 55,382,661 Spotify streams.

What about pure sales? After the campaign, it was the 135th best selling album of the week with 1,082 pure sales. The next week it sold another 675 copies thanks to the new cover (x). Of course, we also got a vinyl, which is still up for sale on UrbanOutfitters. It's hard to estimate how much it has sold.

As for single sales, Mood Ring sold 13K copies in a week, Swimming in the Star sold 10K in 8.5 days, and we never got any info for Matches, but definitely no less than 10K. The Mood Ring remixes also did cute numbers on iTunes for a couple days, and Swimming in the Stars had a vinyl release as well. Let's say 40K total.

MrLeonix I think 420K is definitely a reasonable figure.

Comment

• ^ thanks Instinct, and it’s still moving units. “Glory” is pulling like what? 200K daily on Spotify? ... that’s over 6M streams a month and around 30% of that comes from US and that’s regarding Spotify only and without adding Apple Music or Youtube. taking every platform into account “Glory” is still pulling like 2,4K units a month in USA alone.

“Glory” might end up pulling another extra +20K units this year and end up with 440K units in USA by the end of 2021.

Comment

21,272,077 YouTube views and 55,382,661 Spotify streams.
                                        probably a total of over 100M streams including other platforms

a impressive number looking how dead the album was before 2020 may

will take some years but Glory will definitely be eligible Gold at some point

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                          ^ thanks Instinct, and it’s still moving units. “Glory” is pulling like what? 200K daily on Spotify? ... that’s over 6M streams a month and around 30% of that comes from US and that’s regarding Spotify only and without adding Apple Music or Youtube. taking every platform into account “Glory” is still pulling like 2,4K units a month in USA alone.

“Glory” might end up pulling another extra +20K units this year and end up with 440K units in USA by the end of 2021.
                                          Yep. Today it pulled 220K streams on Spotify. And it's been exactly 3 months since the re-release so clearly the album has found a new audience and fans are still enjoying it. It's also charting in a bunch of countries on Apple Music.

The vinyl must be selling well too since it has gone on back order multiple times. I'm very satisfied with this little Glory revival.

Comment

• Originally posted by pedrolabre View Post

probably a total of over 100M streams including other platforms

a impressive number looking how dead the album was before 2020 may

will take some years but Glory will definitely be eligible Gold at some point
                                            Definitely impressive for an album nearing 5 years. Seeing it go from 60-70K streams a day to over 200K >>>>

Comment

Yep. Today it pulled 220K streams on Spotify. And it's been exactly 3 months since the re-release so clearly the album has found a new audience and fans are still enjoying it. It's also charting in a bunch of countries on Apple Music.

The vinyl must be selling well too since it has gone on back order multiple times. I'm very satisfied with this little Glory revival.
                                              Exactly and then by the time the Netflix documentary arrives her catalogue will remain in a boost

Comment

• Seems like Britney Jean is having its own little revival :

Album: Britney Jean
                                                iTunes:
                                                #41 Venezuela
                                                #51 Armenia
                                                #80 Azerbaijan
                                                #124 Guatemala
                                                #125 Belarus
                                                #126 Lebanon
                                                #129 Moldova
                                                #134 Paraguay
                                                #146 Oman
                                                #149 Bahrain
                                                #153 Belize
                                                #170 Dominican Republic
                                                #174 Panama
                                                #176 Kazakhstan
                                                #193 Uzbekistan
                                                #194 El Salvador
                                                #398 Mexico

and Work Bitch

Work B**ch
                                                iTunes:
                                                #22 Venezuela
                                                #44 Azerbaijan
                                                #51 Armenia
                                                #115 Dominican Republic
                                                #133 Guatemala
                                                #135 El Salvador
                                                #156 Paraguay
                                                #170 Mongolia
                                                #180 Panama
                                                #182 Trinidad and Tobago
                                                #183 Argentina
                                                #184 Belize

Comment

• Great, seems like her entire catalogue is pulling solid numbers in all platforms.

I think each of her 9 studio albums is standing out. Even if we hate the Myah album it can’t be denied that “Work Bitch” has been up there among her top daily songs on streaming platforms for basically years by now. Very impressive.

Comment

• That's nothing new, though. Those iTunes charts are no longer based on current sales because they're non existent, but rather, a point system they use to make a chart (most likely based on overall sales).

But Work Bitch is indeed doing very well on Spotify.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X