Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post
    I would actually love if a song from Glory went viral since at this point it’s her only album without a remembered song.
    Maybe with all the news around Britney this year the younger generation will check out Glory and make it happen. You never know. "Matches" is still doing 80k a day so that could be discovered by someone, or I could see songs like DYWCO or Slumber Party being on tiktok.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by ksg22 View Post

      Maybe with all the news around Britney this year the younger generation will check out Glory and make it happen. You never know. "Matches" is still doing 80k a day so that could be discovered by someone, or I could see songs like DYWCO or Slumber Party being on tiktok.
      true... Glory has many songs with big potential to go viral on Tik Tok, they just need the right push

      Do You Wanna Come Over
      Slumber Party
      Change Your Mind
      Private Show
      If Im Dancing
      Clumsy

      Britney needs a non single track smashing on Tik Tok as well

      Comment


      • So no entry for Britney on the Billboard 200 this week either, I really had expected her GH to chart on the low end amidst all this publicity she has been getting. I am slightly concerned seeing as she has been charting in the UK and Canada.
        " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
        Stan of Meredith.

        Comment


        • I’m sure she’s crying herself to sleep over that.

          Comment


          • Well unlikely but I am just surprised that all the increased streaming has not translated to any chart appearances in the US, when it has done in other countries. You also have to wonder what chance does a new project have of doing anything decent if all the streaming she is getting now does not result in any traction for a GH in the US. I definitely expected it to reappear. Maybe I had unrealistic expectations, just seeing it do so well in the UK I guess.
            " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
            Stan of Meredith.

            Comment


            • ^ yeah you had unrealistic expectations

              Comment


              • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                Well unlikely but I am just surprised that all the increased streaming has not translated to any chart appearances in the US, when it has done in other countries. You also have to wonder what chance does a new project have of doing anything decent if all the streaming she is getting now does not result in any traction for a GH in the US. I definitely expected it to reappear. Maybe I had unrealistic expectations, just seeing it do so well in the UK I guess.
                It will be interesting to see how a new project of hers will be received, it could go really well or just fade into nothing.. I’m sure she’s generated enough goodwill amongst Gen Z to even warrant streaming new material.
                we will rise to meet the challenge every time

                Comment


                • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                  So no entry for Britney on the Billboard 200 this week either, I really had expected her GH to chart on the low end amidst all this publicity she has been getting. I am slightly concerned seeing as she has been charting in the UK and Canada.
                  Again this passive aggressiveness out of nowhere lmao... Maybe if you paid attention to the stuff that is being posted here you would notice that she had better weeks in the US in February/March when she got streams in the 13-14M region and that wasn't enough either. Whereas now she's below that even though she's gaining again.

                  Most streamed pre-2000 female artists last week on United States (Feb 12 | Feb 18)
                  14.6M — Britney Spears
                  11.3M — Mariah Carey
                  10.4M — Shakira

                  Most streamed pre-2000 female artists last week on United States (Mar 26 | Apr 01)
                  12.7M — Britney
                  12.1M — Mariah
                  11.2M — Shakira

                  Comment


                  • Gimme More received 422,130 streams on Spotify yesterday

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                      Well unlikely but I am just surprised that all the increased streaming has not translated to any chart appearances in the US, when it has done in other countries. You also have to wonder what chance does a new project have of doing anything decent if all the streaming she is getting now does not result in any traction for a GH in the US. I definitely expected it to reappear. Maybe I had unrealistic expectations, just seeing it do so well in the UK I guess.
                      She had an increase for her standards.. I mean she is still starting Around 150# on the artists streaming chart of course is not enough since she doesnt have any other boost on sales or radio ...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by MyDecember View Post

                        It will be interesting to see how a new project of hers will be received, it could go really well or just fade into nothing.. I’m sure she’s generated enough goodwill amongst Gen Z to even warrant streaming new material.
                        Asolutely, it will definitely be an interesting one to follow chart wize. I am sure she will generate a big first week, after that it will depend on a lot of things.
                        " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
                        Stan of Meredith.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                          Gimme More received 422,130 streams on Spotify yesterday
                          I know that’s right!
                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

                          Comment


                          • Guys the only reason her compilation is not charting in USA is because unlike in the UK it seems like her hit songs are being counted towards their respective parenting albums so the units are splitting between all of her albums, and we all know she has her hits well spread among her discograhy.

                            If her label requested or demanded to count EVERYTHING (“Gimme More”, “Baby”, “Oops”, “Toxic”, “Womanizer”, “Circus”, “Slave”, etc) into TSC then it’s very possible the album could be charting on the BB 200.

                            But for now our queen is not a one or two era wonder ... she has all her hits spread across a bunch of different albums
                            Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                            Comment


                            • If her streams keep increasing one of her greatest hits albums will re-enter the BB200 eventually. Plus in 2020 she moved nearly 300k album units from on demand streams alone in the US without doing anything all year so it’s not really a big deal if she’s not currently charting an album. Besides, catalog streams/sales are irrelevant to how her future projects will perform and I don’t think anyone here has ever implied that her next project will smash

                              Comment


                              • 6 months ago


                                Now



                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                                  Gimme More received 422,130 streams on Spotify yesterday
                                  Excellent. I can see it approaching 500k daily if it keeps increasing
                                  " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
                                  Stan of Meredith.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                                    Excellent. I can see it approaching 500k daily if it keeps increasing
                                    I think it'll be close this weekend. She will have three songs with over 400K+ streams (Oops, Toxic, Gimme More)

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                                      I think it'll be close this weekend. She will have three songs with over 400K+ streams (Oops, Toxic, Gimme More)
                                      We love remembered and enduring classics.
                                      " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
                                      Stan of Meredith.

                                      Comment


                                      • Literally 8 out of her 9 eras have at least one remembered song in her catalogue. That’s insane.
                                        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                                        Comment


                                        • I really hope that one day "Slumber Party" will blow up out of nowhere like "Criminal" did. Or maybe people will rediscover "Make Me".
                                          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by JeremySpears View Post
                                            I really hope that one day "Slumber Party" will blow up out of nowhere like "Criminal" did. Or maybe people will rediscover "Make Me".
                                            “Make Me” had all the potential to be a new Britney growing stapple (like happened with “Work Bitch” and “Criminal”) had she released the controversial and shocking David LaChappelle music video. But with that non-event video she released instead there’s no reason to re-visit or replay. MM was cute for 2016 but will remain in the dust forever with “Me Against The Music”, “My Prerogative” and “Hold It Against Me”.
                                            Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                                            Comment


                                            • Youtube (April 7, 2021):

                                              ...Baby One More Time - 410,856
                                              Oops!...I Did It Again - 260,589
                                              Toxic - 226,721
                                              Gimme More - 211,078 *new peak*
                                              Sometimes - 119,017
                                              Criminal - 116,397
                                              Womanizer - 110,482
                                              Work Bitch - 82,291
                                              (You Drive Me) Crazy - 71,644
                                              Lucky - 67,567
                                              I'm a Slave 4 U - 63,870
                                              Overprotected - 53,360
                                              I'm Not a Girl - 51,388
                                              Circus - 51,199

                                              First time that "Gimme More" did over 200,000 views in one day.

                                              Comment


                                              • 200K+ for the first name. Excellent!

                                                Comment




                                                • "Private Show" and "Matches"
                                                  Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

                                                  Comment


                                                  • why is baby one more time so forgotten?

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X