Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ThatBieberSide
    Originally posted by LotsOfLove
    Can someone do a ranking of the most successful Album era to the least successful one only considering the single sales.
    I would like to know what her most successful era was based on single sales only.

That'd be kind!
    They're all on the first page

1. Circus = 16,950,000
    2. ...Baby One More Time = 15,300,000
    3. Femme Fatale = 12,500,000
    4. Blackout = 10,100,000
    5. In The Zone = 9,200,000
    6. Oops!...I Did It Again = 8,600,000
    7. Britney = 4,800,000
    8. Britney Jean = 2,450,000
    Thanks!
    Sorry, I always tend to forget the first page with all the info exists my bad!

Wow ! Didn't know Circus would be first. I thought the top three would consist of Baby, Oops and FF.
    Actually FF was a really successful era. Sometimes I feel like people don't give it enough justice. It could even be bigger I guess, replacing Criminal by Inside Out and continuing with Big Fat Bass and He about to lose me as the last single.
    This (and In the Zone) were the albums where they could benefit so much by releasing a song after an other, but somehow they always stick to the 4 singles max. rule with Britney, don't know why tho

Comment

• She had a good run that decade, but now...

Comment

• Originally posted by JayEks
        She had a good run that decade, but now...
        She had a very solid career as a pop star from 1998 to 2011. And thats actually cool considering that generally average pop stars are over after just 3 albums.

Originally posted by JadeBritx
        2000s: Achievements/stats

Great
        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncι . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by JadeBritx
          2000s: Achievements/stats

Im not complaining but you should fix BOMT sales. It sold 27M, not 7M.
          Hottest Men on Earth Rate 2016 Edition

Comment

• Originally posted by JBLover
            Nope, its fine. The image and its data ara besed on "2000s" achievement. "Baby one more time" was released in January 1999 and sold the majority of its units through the 1999 year but its sales also extended through 2000 and its estimated that it sold 7 million units after that year.
            Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncι . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
              Originally posted by JBLover
              Nope, its fine. The image and its data ara besed on "2000s" achievement. "Baby one more time" was released in January 1999 and sold the majority of its units through the 1999 year but its sales also extended through 2000 and its estimated that it sold 7 million units after that year.
              Awwww sorry I misread it. I thought it was from the beginning of her career. I never knew that BOMT sold 20M copies a year

Comment

• Does anyone have list of best selling digital artists in the USA now? When FF er aended, she was No.10 with 28M digital sales.

Comment

• 15- I Told I Was Trouble World Tour – Amy Winehouse – 2006-2008
                  14- Funhouse World Tour – Pink – 2009
                  13- Showgirl Homecoming Tour – Kylie Minogue – 2006-2007
                  12- Dream Within a Dream World Tour – Britney Spears – 2001-2002
                  11- The Beyonce Experience World Tour – Beyonce – 2007
                  10- Drowned World Tour – Madonna – 2001
                  09- Back to Basics World Tour – Christina Aguilera – 2007
                  08- “X2008? World Tour – Kylie Minogue – 2008
                  07- I Am World Tour – Beyonce – 2009-2010
                  06- The Taking Chance World Tour – Celine Dion – 2008-2009
                  05- The Circus Starring: Britney Spears World Tour – Britney Spears – 2009
                  04- The Farewell World Tour – Cher – 2002-2005
                  03- The Reinvention World Tour – Madonna – 2004-The most successful tour of 2004 by any solo or group.
                  02- The Confessions World Tour – Madonna – 2006-The most successful by a female EVER till her next tour happened.
                  01- The Sticky & Sweet World Tour – Madonna – 2008-2009-The most successful by a solo, female or male, EVER
                  Just found this list through a link on her wikipedia page. Not sure what "most profitable tours" means and how they calculate it but Britney appears twice on the list. Beyonce appears twice too. So this is amazing.

Comment

• Yeah but that list is quite old, Circus probably is out of top 10 now.
                    Buy and stream Britney's new hot sinlgle: "Make Me...".

Comment

• Right now in the 10s there have been more +100m and +200m Tours than ever before. However by the time Britney did the "Circus Tour" the standards were different, and in order to have an idea how huge it was its important to know that by the time she pulled that Tour it became the 5th Highest grossing female Tour ever made / in HISTORY and 2 spots on the top 5 belonged to Madonna which means that as of 2009 4 female artists (Madonna, Celine Dion, Cher and Britney Spears) pulled the biggest female tours ever known until that point, so the "Circus Tour" was a massive and record breaking Tour for the standards of that time / previous decade.

Comment

• "Most profitable tours" -

Madonna fans will do ANYTHING to enhance her status [as if she even needs it].

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne
                          "Most profitable tours" -

Madonna fans will do ANYTHING to enhance her status [as if she even needs it].
                          How "mod"ly of you.

Comment

• According to oljo.de, Work B*tch has sold 91,000 copies in Germany.

Comment

• Originally posted by HighOffMyLove
                              According to oljo.de, Work B*tch has sold 91,000 copies in Germany.
                              can u link us?
                              Last FM <3
                              Instagram

Comment

• Speaking of Germany

Album: The Essential Britney Spears

iTunes:
                                #40 Germany

Comment

• Originally posted by HighOffMyLove
                                  According to oljo.de, Work B*tch has sold 91,000 copies in Germany.
                                  How far away is from certification?

Comment

• Hard to believe Work Bitch sold 91k in Germany, but not impossible.

Do they include streaming??

I do remember though, that back when it was released it got discounted several times so its peak position sucked since it's a chart based on money grossed, but from that to 91k seems very unlikely :-?
                                    Buy and stream Britney's new hot sinlgle: "Make Me...".

Comment

• UK iTunes

#450 ...Baby One More Time

German ITunes

#16 The Essential Britney Spears
                                      Last FM <3
                                      Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by nickf1
                                        German ITunes

#16 The Essential Britney Spears
                                        ...and on the other side
                                        UK Amazon
                                        #4,980 Britney Jean Deluxe Edition £1.59

Comment

• Just shows people that they don't care for her album discography unless it has actually 'good' songs on it

She should release an emotion and maybe she will slay again
                                          BS:TS:IA:NM

Comment

• Oh it's not £1.59 btw?

it's £7.99

Comment

• Digital version costs 7.99, but physical copy is being sold for just 1.59...

Comment

• Up to #11 in Germany

that's actually some crazy ass collection and I think different from US one..

https://itunes.apple.com/de/album/the-e ... d686778973
                                                Last FM <3
                                                Instagram

Comment

• Originally posted by arab
                                                  Digital version costs 7.99, but physical copy is being sold for just 1.59...
                                                  Ohhh sorry I didn't properly read that it said Amazon

Comment

• Originally posted by nickf1
                                                    Up to #11 in Germany

that's actually some crazy ass collection and I think different from US one..

https://itunes.apple.com/de/album/the-e ... d686778973
                                                    That is an actual / official RCA compilation release from Britney, but it had no announcement and wasn't promoted or supporting with any new songs or singles like she did with "Greatest hits: My Prerogative" or "The singles collection". Its probably just a contract filler release, I wonder why is it charting so high in Germany tho? What did happen? Was a Britney documentary aired or Did someone sing one of her songs on some talent show or what?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X