Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by coddiecollins View Post
    I was just checking the rolling stones chart and some artists above britney are just...I mean elton john has more streams in america than britney..how s that possible....

I hope with all the coverage her streams can rise a bit around 15- 16m in the long run...
    Elton John is a massive legend! He’s above Britney in everything (classics, touring, trajectory, etc)

When Britney went to Vegas she pulled the 3rd highest grossing residency of all time, the two artists above her were Celine and Elton John. Also Elton has massive classic songs.
    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

I was just checking the rolling stones chart and some artists above britney are just...I mean elton john has more streams in america than britney..how s that possible....

I hope with all the coverage her streams can rise a bit around 15- 16m in the long run...
      Elton is a legend with like 40 studio albums and soundtracks? And the streams increased a lot since the release of the biographical musical film based on his life.

His numbers are amazing and well deserved on the platform.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Elton John is a massive legend! He’s above Britney in everything (classics, touring, trajectory, etc)

When Britney went to Vegas she pulled the 3rd highest grossing residency of all time, the two artists above her were Celine and Elton John. Also Elton has massive classic songs.
        None denies he is a legend...for example celine is a legend but didn't see her on the list and she is more active than elton.
        Anyway I was just very surprised...

Comment

• Elton John has 26 million monthly listeners on Spotify and like three songs with over 400 million streams. Is it really that surprising?

Some of her late 90s peers aren’t even charting in the Top 500 so I don’t think it’s a big deal if a legend like Elton is ahead of her.

Comment

None denies he is a legend...for example celine is a legend but didn't see her on the list and she is more active than elton.
            Anyway I was just very surprised...
            Celine is a woman and in general their audience isn’t as big as male artists.

Comment

• Since we have two female songs produced by Danja smashing on Spotify, i took his productions to see how Gimme More is going compared on a daily basis, tomorrow i'll update

448,444,329 - Sexyback
              424,282,483 - Promiscuous
              379,026,666 - Say Something
              233,215,329 - The Way i Are
              208,379,596 - What Goes Aroung Comes Around
              198,351,456 - knock You Down
              196,847,889 - My love
              158,380,703 - Gimme More (#8th)
              144,693,852 - Bad Girls
              141,748,813 - Say it Right
              ^top10

139,150,092 - Maneater
              114,377,812 - Ayo Technology
              108,956,295 - Filthy
              103,151,307 - Shining
              103,134,483 - Sober
              97,420,997 - Medicated
              84,558,866 - friend Like Me
              78,854,853 - Give it to Me
              56,552,490 - All Good Things
              41,917,618 - We takin over
              37,369,843 - Your love is a lie
              36,504,053 - Break the Ice (#22nd)

other songs:

23,783,222 - 4 minutes (madonna)
              14,755,130 - Get Naked
              13,273,908 - Sauce (timberlake)
              7,135,785 - Miles Away (madonna)
              6,141,904 - Hot as Ice
              3,837,228 - perfect Lover
              2,824,651 - Get Back

Comment

• "Gimme More" has now 593,200 videos on Tiktok, 7,300 to pass "Criminal":
                https://www.tiktok.com/music/Gimme-M...12691189204994

The most liked post with "Gimme More" is this one with 4,6 million likes while this other one with 4,3 million likes posted in December is the most liked post with "Criminal".

Comment

• Gimme more surpassed criminal in tiktok being her most popular song there

Gimme more - 602k
                  Criminal - 600k

Comment

• Comment

• Two songs with over 500K streams on a Tuesday. Huge!

Comment

• Songs produced by Danja most streamed on Spotify yesterday

548,012 - Promiscuous
                        505,049 - Gimme More (#2nd)
                        380,628 - Maneater
                        362,924 - Sexyback
                        260,891 - The Way i Are
                        240,090 - Say it Right
                        114,466 - What Goes Aroung Comes Around
                        107,501 - My love
                        107,290 - Say Something
                        101,919 - knock You Down

^top10

87,221 - Give it to Me
                        80,460 - Bad Girls
                        76,589 - friend Like Me
                        66,691 - Ayo Technology
                        53,498 - Sober
                        42,019 - All Good Things
                        31,106 - Medicated
                        28,900 - Break the Ice (#18th)
                        27,520 - We takin over
                        25,196 - Shining
                        18,988 - Filthy
                        18,752 - Your love is a lie

other songs:

16,429 - 4 minutes (madonna)
                        10,503 - Get Naked
                        4,655 - Miles Away (madonna)
                        3,447 - Hot as Ice
                        3,348 - Sauce (timberlake)
                        2,564 - perfect Lover
                        2,164 - Get Back

Comment

• "Gimme More" has moved to #3 as Britney's most popular song on Spotify.

Comment

• ^ I can see OIDIA will surpass BOMT (on Spotify) quite soon.
                            Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Using the daily streams from 04/13 (Tuesday), Britney's most popular songs on Spotify will look like this by the end of the year:

Toxic - 666.5 million
                              Oops!...I Did It Again - 463.6 million
                              Scream & Shout - 460.2 million
                              ...Baby One More Time - 452.1 million
                              Womanizer - 325.3 million
                              Gimme More - 275.6 million
                              Work Bitch - 241.5 million
                              Circus - 171.7 million
                              Criminal - 137.9 million
                              I'm a Slave 4 U - 128.0 million
                              If U Seek Amy - 101.3 million

200 million:
                              My Only Wish (This Year)

Next year we will have:
                              - 6 songs with +400 million (Gimme More, Womanizer, ...Baby One More Time, Scream & Shout, Oops!...I Did It Again and Toxic)
                              - 4 songs with +500 million (...Baby One More Time, Scream & Shout,, Oops!...I Did It Again and Toxic)
                              - 2 songs with +600 million (Oops!...I Did It Again and Toxic)
                              - 1 song with +800 million (Toxic).

Comment

• Originally posted by matheusbelmont View Post
                                Using the daily streams from 04/13 (Tuesday), Britney's most popular songs on Spotify will look like this by the end of the year:

Toxic - 666.5 million
                                Oops!...I Did It Again - 463.6 million
                                Scream & Shout - 460.2 million
                                ...Baby One More Time - 452.1 million
                                Womanizer - 325.3 million
                                Gimme More - 275.6 million
                                Work Bitch - 241.5 million
                                Circus - 171.7 million
                                Criminal - 137.9 million
                                I'm a Slave 4 U - 128.0 million
                                If U Seek Amy - 101.3 million

200 million:
                                My Only Wish (This Year)

Next year we will have:
                                - 6 songs with +400 million (Gimme More, Womanizer, ...Baby One More Time, Scream & Shout, Oops!...I Did It Again and Toxic)
                                - 4 songs with +500 million (...Baby One More Time, Scream & Shout,, Oops!...I Did It Again and Toxic)
                                - 2 songs with +600 million (Oops!...I Did It Again and Toxic)
                                - 1 song with +800 million (Toxic).

I'm glad britney will have kind of simultaneously 4 albums with 1b streams...first in the zone and then circus babay and oops

Comment

• Sometimes is coming for 100M streams too! I wish they could do something with (You Drive Me) Crazy since it has like 3 different versions and the streams are all split

Comment

• ^ about You Drive Me Crazy i would be satisfied already if they at least merged both remixes from The Singles Collection and My Prerogative

its so dumb

Overprotected its in the same situation

Album versions
                                    47,423,141 - You Drive Me Crazy
                                    41,486,819 - Overprotected

The Singles Collection
                                    6,601,795 - You Drive Me Crazy
                                    2,799,817 - Overprotected

Greatest Hits: My Prerogative
                                    26,745,862 - You Drive Me Crazy
                                    1,044,856 - Overprotected

Boys at least has a featuring, so i think its fair to be separated

Comment

• As of 2nd April 2021, The Singles Collection was the 79th best selling album of the year in the UK so far (its total being 18,310 at that point).

Current total in 2021: 19,819.

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                                        As of 2nd April 2021, The Singles Collection was the 79th best selling album of the year in the UK so far (its total being 18,310 at that point).

Wait it has moved almost 20K units in UK in 3 months?

Based on that information and with that rate TSC will be certified Platinum in UK by what? The end of this same year?

Comment

• And the album is still charting in the top 100 is at 69, there is a bbc documentary coming out which will boost it as well

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Wait it has moved almost 20K units in UK in 3 months?

Based on that information and with that rate TSC will be certified Platinum in UK by what? The end of this same year?
                                            Yep. 273,544 copies sold as of last week, so it should be certified Platinum by the fall.

Nearly 60K copies sold since January 2020.

Comment

• The Singles Collection will become Britney's 8th Platinum album in the UK. She will tie P!nk as the female act of her generation with the most Platinum albums:

P!nk - 8
                                              Britney Spears - 7
                                              Beyoncé - 6
                                              Alicia Keys - 4
                                              Destiny's Child - 4
                                              Jennifer Lopez - 4
                                              Christina Aguilera - 4
                                              Avril Lavigne - 3
                                              Shakira - 2
                                              Kelly Clarkson - 2
                                              Nelly Furtado - 2
                                              Norah Jones - 2

Comment

Yep. 273,544 copies sold as of last week, so it should be certified Platinum by the fall.

Nearly 60K copies sold since January 2020.
                                                Great. Another Platinum album in the bag

Comment

• How close to silver do we think britney Jean is in the uk now?

Comment

As of 2nd April 2021, The Singles Collection was the 79th best selling album of the year in the UK so far (its total being 18,310 at that point).

So I was right about the possibility of it making the YEC! It seems to be stable plus it might get a boost since there’s a BBC documentary coming

Comment

Working...
                                                    X