No announcement yet.

Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bomt was freaking huge!I believe it must be close to 1 million in Germany since it's certified 3x Gold (750k) already

Comment

• does anyone here have any source that claim ITZ has sold over 10 million copies? I used to have one but this page was deleted dky her states in Wikipedia are so low and irrelevant…
      the editor must be hater…(they use source from 2002 for the 2001 album sales)

Comment

• International female artists who crossed 500,000 sales with most albums in Japan

Mariah Carey - 10
        Madonna - 8
        Enya - 6
        Whitney Houston,Celine Dion & Britney Spears - 5

She's up there with legends
        Last edited by Choley; Sat September 11, 2021, 21:19.

Comment

• Piece of Me surpassed 90 million streams and Britney has now 6 songs on the 90 million range on Spotify:

I Wanna Go – 96,666,910
          If U Seek Amy – 94,052,258
          Everytime – 93,932,776
          Stronger – 92,165,808
          Crazy – 91,023,752*
          Piece of Me – 90,010,647

Lucky is at 85,374,618.

Comment

• Originally posted by Choley View Post
            International female artists who crossed 500,000 sales with most albums in Japan

Mariah Carey - 10
            Madonna - 8
            Enya - 6
            Whitney Houston,Celine Dion & Britney Spears - 5

She's up there with legends
            She was so consistent in Japan during her first four main eras (+ GH:MP of course, which sold 1M according to Sony Music Japan).

Comment

• Originally posted by matheusbelmont View Post
              Piece of Me surpassed 90 million streams and Britney has now 6 songs on the 90 million range on Spotify:

I Wanna Go – 96,666,910
              If U Seek Amy – 94,052,258
              Everytime – 93,932,776
              Stronger – 92,165,808
              Crazy – 91,023,752*
              Piece of Me – 90,010,647

Lucky is at 85,374,618.
              Wonder if IUSA will get there before IWG. Probably around the same time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                Wonder if IUSA will get there before IWG. Probably around the same time.
                Average Daily Streams (September 1-10):
                If U Seek Amy - 89,103
                I Wanna Go - 56,931

On September 30:
                I Wanna Go - 97,236,217
                If U Seek Amy - 94,943,291

On October 31:
                I Wanna Go - 99,001,078
                If U Seek Amy - 97,705,484

On November 18:
                I Wanna Go - 100,025,836
                If U Seek Amy - 99,309,338

On November 26:
                I Wanna Go - 100,481,284
                If U Seek Amy - 100,022,162

"I Wanna Go" will likely hit 100 million around 10 days before "If U Seek Amy".

Comment

Average Daily Streams (September 1-10):
                  If U Seek Amy - 89,103
                  I Wanna Go - 56,931

On September 30:
                  I Wanna Go - 97,236,217
                  If U Seek Amy - 94,943,291

On October 31:
                  I Wanna Go - 99,001,078
                  If U Seek Amy - 97,705,484

On November 18:
                  I Wanna Go - 100,025,836
                  If U Seek Amy - 99,309,338

On November 26:
                  I Wanna Go - 100,481,284
                  If U Seek Amy - 100,022,162

"I Wanna Go" will likely hit 100 million around 10 days before "If U Seek Amy".
                  Thank you! Can’t wait to see the Netflix effect, as the doc is heavily rumored to come out on 28/9.

Comment

• My Only Wish is definitely going to reach 200M streams this year. It is crazy because the song was never a single and never promoted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                      Thank you! Can’t wait to see the Netflix effect, as the doc is heavily rumored to come out on 28/9.
                      I think that is only a rumour but whenever the documentary premieres I don’t think it will do much for those two songs in particular (IWG or IUSA) …. The effect / boost would likely go to her classic / most famous songs (Toxic, GM, BOMT, OIDIA, Womanizet, Slave, etc)

Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• I don't know if Selena is a good comparison because she had a show with two seasons with one episode per week, and this kind of release helps a lot the stability. But Britney has an iconic catalogue that surely will have a boost, mainly the classics. Excited to see the doc impact + Christmas boost.

She is doing 4-4.5 million daily on Spotify + 3.5+ million with My Only Wish, she has potential to hit 8 million in a day on Dec. 24.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

I think that is only a rumour but whenever the documentary premieres I don’t think it will do much for those two songs in particular (IWG or IUSA) …. The effect / boost would likely go to her classic / most famous songs (Toxic, GM, BOMT, OIDIA, Womanizet, Slave, etc)
                          The producer liked a tweet about the 28/09 date, so it might be true, but let's wait and see. And that's true - although when there's a boost it's usually for her entire discography (even album tracks).

IWG and IUSA are far from being among her biggest classics though, so indeed I wouldn't expect huge numbers for them either way. I can see IUSA returning to daily 100K+ updates for sure, at the very least.

Comment

I don't know if Selena is a good comparison because she had a show with two seasons with one episode per week, and this kind of release helps a lot the stability. But Britney has an iconic catalogue that surely will have a boost, mainly the classics. Excited to see the doc impact + Christmas boost.

She is doing 4-4.5 million daily on Spotify + 3.5+ million with My Only Wish, she has potential to hit 8 million in a day on Dec. 24.
                            There will be also a huge boost if Britney is free this year as well. Everyone will be streaming the hell out of his catalogue to celebrate.

Comment

• Comment

• Discrepancies between ChartMasters and other reliable sources

"...Baby One More Time"
                                200,000+ sold in Italy in 1999 alone (x) /// 200,000 sold as of 2019 according to ChartMasters

"Britney"
                                500,000+ sold in France as of September 2002 according to her record label (x) /// 425,000 sold as of 2019 according to ChartMasters
                                250,000+ sold in Spain as of March 2002 according to ABC (x) /// 150,000 sold as of 2019 according to ChartMasters

"In the Zone"
                                500,000+ sold in Japan according to Sony Music Japan (x) /// 460,000 sold as of 2019 according to ChartMasters
                                80,000+ sold in Italy by late 2004 according to BMG Italia (x) /// 70,000 sold as of 2019 according to ChartMasters

"Greatest Hits: My Prerogative"
                                1,000,000+ sold in Japan according to Sony Music Japan (x) /// 860,000 sold as of 2019 according to ChartMasters
                                100,000+ sold in Italy in 4 weeks according to BMG Italia and 160,000 as of January 2005 (x) /// 150,000 sold as of 2019 according to ChartMasters

BMG Italia expected "Greatest Hits: My Prerogative" to finish its run with 200-250,000 copies sold. Also, ChartMasters stated in one of their articles that "In the Zone" had dropped to the bottom of the Top 100 during Christmas week 2003, thus their conservative estimate of 70,000. In reality, it was #53 (x).
                                16-32-42-52-52-61-54-53-58-69-56-38-50-52-42-43-38-34-59-39-38-38-40-42-37-38-37-39-40-41-45-58-//-70-//-75-out (34 weeks)
                                Zago also estimated 92K copies for "In the Zone" as of May 2010 (x).

Discography
                                2,500,000+ singles sold in France by September 2001 according to her record label (x) /// According to ChartMasters, her first 8 singles sold 1,900,000 physical copies. "...Baby One More Time" alone has at least 200,000 of its sales missing - they have it at 600,000 while it was confirmed to have sold 800,000 by late 1999 (x).

Note: ChartMasters does a great job at estimating sales for all acts and I love their website. But since they take pride in their accuracy, maybe it would be worth checking these out. After all, her Mexican sales were terribly underestimated and they had no problem fixing those.

ChartMasters (as of 2017)
                                "...Baby One More Time" - 425,000
                                "Oops!...I Did It Again" - 350,000
                                "Britney" - 250,000
                                According to her record label, these were Britney's sales in Mexico as of July 2002 (x)
                                "...Baby One More Time" - 500,000+
                                "Oops!...I Did It Again" - 500,000+
                                "Britney" - 300,000+

ChartMasters (as of 2019)
                                "...Baby One More Time" - 625,000
                                "Oops!...I Did It Again" - 520,000
                                "Britney" - 325,000
                                And that's just one example - her Asian sales were very underestimated too before they fixed them. And of course, her French sales, which they had to fix on multiple occasions...

ChartMasters (as of 2016)
                                "...Baby One More Time" - 675,000
                                "Oops!...I Did It Again" - 470,000
                                "Britney" - 390,000
                                ChartMasters (as of 2017)
                                "...Baby One More Time" - 720,000
                                "Oops!...I Did It Again" - 510,000
                                "Britney" - 415,000
                                According to her record label, Britney's first two albums had sold 1,300,000+ copies by September 2001 (x)

ChartMasters (as of 2019)
                                "...Baby One More Time" - 780,000
                                "Oops!...I Did It Again" - 570,000
                                "Britney" - 425,000
                                Unfortunately, "Britney" remains very underestimated. And I imagine "In the Zone" is too.
                                Last edited by Instinct; Tue September 14, 2021, 21:37.

Comment

• Instinct i love your post like this! I'd like to share what i have too!

According to Music and Media,Gold was 20k and Platinum was 30k for international artists in Turkey but Chartmasters estimated Bomt 25k.It should be at least 30k and as for Oops it should be 60k (10xP equals to 2xP in Turkey according to Chartmasters again)

According to MIDEM2006 MPAJ report Greatest Hits My Prerogative sold 110,000 copies in Taiwan (2005).Chartmasters only have 105k

According to Billboard Magazine report Bomt sold 700k in Japan

Again according to Billboard Magazine Britney album sold 12 million
                                  Last edited by Choley; Wed September 15, 2021, 11:37.

Comment

• And yet the ones that editing in Wikipedia claiming the 2001 album didn’t surpass the 10 mil mark…that’s annoying

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Talent won
                                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift • Justin Timberlake

Comment

• Originally posted by pedrolabre View Post
                                              They forget Shania Twain

2002 - Up album sold 13 million Stripped is at 11 million
                                              2004 - Shania's Greatest Hits sold more than 8 million,DC is at 6 million
                                              2017 - Shania's Now sold 600k,Shakira's Dorado sold around 200k
                                              Last edited by Choley; Wed September 15, 2021, 23:14.

Comment

They forget Shania Twain

Shakira’s El Dorado has like what? 3million units or something adding streams? Obviously it was the bigger album.
                                                Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

They forget Shania Twain

didnt use CSPC, used SPS

Shania is right

DC is right, their SPS is 8.8M and Shania has 8.1M

El Dorado has a lot SPS

Comment

• Just checked TSC in the uk it’s charted for 41 weeks in the top 100, now it could match Britney for 42 weeks and even ITZ at 43 weeks top 100! Impressive

Comment

Working...
                                                    X