Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legend.
    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• TSC now spent 43 weeks In the uk top 100 matching ITZ chart performance

Comment

• I expect people to be streaming My Prerogative & Stronger these past few days! Interesting to see if they get good numbers.
        Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

Comment

• Spotify hasn't updated yesterday's or today's numbers, but she's gained over 100K monthly listeners since then (47K yesterday and 57K today).

Comment

• Two days without Spotify updates. What happened?

Comment

• Originally posted by matheusbelmont View Post
              Two days without Spotify updates. What happened?
              Of course they had to do this right as we expected documentary/court effect

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                Of course they had to do this right as we expected documentary/court effect
                LOL either way when Spotify updates we will know how many plays she got for those two days combined.

BTW, I’m glad for “Piece Of Me” going Gold in UK. “Blackout” is like her most legendary album and era.
                Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Spotify followers:

09/30 - 9,722,149 (+7,001)
                  10/01 - 9,728,327 (+6,178)
                  10/02 - 9.734.901 (+6,574)

Strong numbers. For comparison, she gained 6,744 followers on 06/25, the day when she received 5.8 million streams and another 6,524 on the following day.

Comment

• Comment

• It's so annoying we will probably never know how many streams she gained in the last few days...Is Spotify going to update only once a week from now on?

Comment

• A couple days ago “Criminal” turned 10 years of released

Back then known as “The flop single from Femme Fatale” .. Now in 2021 known as the Top and most revisited Britney solo single of the 10s decade

Still to this day the song remains among Britney’s Top 10 most streamed songs (on daily basis / updates) on both Spotify and Youtube.

And it’s perhaps her only “flop” single that over the years evolved and grew to turn into a staple song in her career (being saved now).
                        Last edited by MrLeonix; Sun October 3, 2021, 15:40.
                        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• I think the reason why it grows so much is that Criminal doesn't sound dated at all. The bridge is pop perfection at its definition

Comment

• Originally posted by esswein View Post
                            I think the reason why it grows so much is that Criminal doesn't sound dated at all. The bridge is pop perfection at its definition
                            Everything about the song is good. The psycho irrational Harley Quinn / Joker love type of story , the production, instrumental, melodies, vocals. Plus it has aged better than probably any other of her 2010s singles (it sounds good as of today). It also helps that it has a fresher and more organic / acoustic approach compared to her other 10s decade singles. People discovered the song through TikTok LONG time ago and they connected with itc they loved it. It stood up until today. I swear this song has been going viral since like 2017 or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyoverthere View Post
                              It's so annoying we will probably never know how many streams she gained in the last few days...Is Spotify going to update only once a week from now on?
                              that would be a horrible strategy from the site.
                              My Chart

Comment

• 3 days already... this is not fair.

The combo Netflix doc/Jamie OUT of her life + end of the month and we don't even know how much she did in September...

Comment

• Her best day on YT in ages. The fact that yesterday (10/02) was even bigger than 10/01 and 09/30 makes me think about Spotify numbers.

Comment

• MrLeonix Criminal stans rise!

Happy belated 10th anniversary to this mini classic! Literally who would've thought it would end up more remembered than the three Top 10 hits she released that year? I've always stanned the song and actually voted for it to be the fourth single, so I'm proud of its new found success. Another thing that should be noted is that Britney has never performed the song ANYWHERE - it wasn't even on the Femme Fatale tour playlist.

Spotify (as of few days ago)
                                    Criminal - 125,862,791
                                    Remixes - 1,004,366

YouTube
                                    Criminal - 175,138,476
                                    Criminal (Radio Mix) - 8,306,418
                                    Criminal (Official Lyric Video) - 14,584,758
                                    "Criminal" Official Lyric Video - 10,389,513

Auto-generated (videos above half a million views only)
                                    Criminal - 20,357,831
                                    Criminal (Radio Mix) - 4,240,408
                                    Criminal - 546,295

That's 233,563,699 views on YouTube, 126,867,157 streams on Spotify, and a total of 360,430,856 streams between those two platforms alone.

And there are a bunch of fan made uploads with millions of views as well. The biggest ones as it follows:

Britney Spears - Criminal (Lyrics) - 29,792,797 (uploaded 2 years ago)
                                    Criminal Britney Spears Lyrics - 29,483,934 (uploaded 10 years ago)
                                    Britney Spears - Criminal (Lyrics) ❤ - 19,915,732 (uploaded 10 years ago)
                                    Britney Spears - Criminal ; Español - 13,804,786 (uploaded 3 years ago)
                                    [Vietsub] Criminal - Britney Spears - 13,371,480 (uploaded 2 years ago)
                                    Britney Spears - Criminal FULL SONG HQ - 12,356,041
                                    b r i t n e y s p e a r s - c r i m i n a l ( s l o w e d ) - 12,011,105 (uploaded 2 years ago)
                                    Criminal - 11,848,181 (uploaded 6 months ago)
                                    Britney Spears - Criminal (Onur Korkmaz Remix) - 10,707,803 (uploaded 10 years ago)

That's another 153.3M views from fan made uploads, and I only counted videos above 10 million views. Heck, there's a Turkish cover uploaded 2 years ago with 18,351,370 views.

Fun fact: The biggest auto-generated audios have more than doubled in views over the past year

This is from September 2020, now the biggest upload is at 20,357,831 while the runner up is at 4,240,408.

People really like this song and it shows.

Comment

• ^ I also like the song and I think it’s one of her best singles actually.

.. And like I said it’s the only “flop” single of her career that managed to turn into a success story over the years ….. “Radar”, “Boys”, “Outrageous”, “Perfume”, “Don’t Let Me Be The ..” ….. Who? They could nevah

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                        ^ I also like the song and I think it’s one of her best singles actually.

.. And like I said it’s the only “flop” single of her career that managed to turn into a success story over the years ….. “Radar”, “Boys”, “Outrageous”, “Perfume”, “Don’t Let Me Be The ..” ….. Who? They could nevah
                                        Definitely. And I would argue it was also a bigger hit than all of those songs in the first place. Except DLMBTLTK and Boys in some European countries.

The song was seen as a huge bomb back then, but I'd argue it was a decent sized hit in some markets. It was huge in Brazil and Russia, for example. A Top 10 hit in Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Israel, Lebanon, Slovakia, Russia and Ukraine. And a Top 20 hit in Canada, Finland, France, Malaysia (in 2021!), and Spain (airplay).

Can any Brazilian fans tell me exactly how huge it was in Brazil? I've seen a lot of claims but I can't find any actual source for its chart position.

Comment

Definitely. And I would argue it was also a bigger hit than all of those songs in the first place. Except DLMBTLTK and Boys in some European countries.

The song was seen as a huge bomb back then, but I'd argue it was a decent sized hit in some markets. It was huge in Brazil and Russia, for example. A Top 10 hit in Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Israel, Lebanon, Slovakia, Russia and Ukraine. And a Top 20 hit in Canada, Finland, France, Malaysia (in 2021!), and Spain (airplay).

Can any Brazilian fans tell me exactly how huge it was in Brazil? I've seen a lot of claims but I can't find any actual source for its chart position.
                                          It was probably the most shocking “flop” of her career (for me at least) … I remember back in the day I was so confident about the song, I really thought that it was going to be another pop hit just like the first 3 singles, the song was an immediate stand out for me since I listened to “Femme Fatale” for the first time, I remember that it was the highlight of the album for me and the song that stuck in my mind after I finished listening to the album.

It was fun witnessing the back to back HIAM - TTWE - IWG pop success but I was waiting for “Criminal” to be a single, I was ready to be mad if it didn’t become a single … so when it was finally announced as the 4th single I was glad and I remembered the news excited me more than the previous singles. I had big expectations for it and then I saw the music video (which was very solid) and I was pretty confident she was on track to get the 4th hit single of the album. So I was in shock when I saw the song stalling at #55 in USA.

I feel people were not ready for it back then, and I was disappointed by the lack of taste, that was one of her finest singles and people kinda ignored it (I know it did modestly in some countries but the song deserved way more and as much as the other 3 FF singles) …. But justice was served years later and now it’s the #1 and most popular single from the era and now everything makes sense. Pure divine justice
                                          Last edited by MrLeonix; Mon October 4, 2021, 02:55.

Comment

When Billboard Brasil chart existed, it was based on radio airplays only, and it was a monthly chart. This is the last chart-run of Criminal that I was able to obtain back then and posted on the Femme Fatale thread:

61 - 24 - 28 - 26 - 27 - 36 - 49 - 50

The song started charting in Brazil Radio Airplay (aka Billboard Brasil) in November 2011, and the last month that I could find back then was June 2012. So, at least, Criminal charted in the Top 60 for 8 months (32 weeks), being 4 months in the top 30. Back then, international songs were already struggling to peak higher in Brazilian radios, with few exceptions, such as Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Beyoncé, LMFAO, Bruno Mars, Justin Bieber and David Guetta.

Till the World Ends peaked higher in this chart (I think it was #19), however Criminal had a longer longevity in Brazilian radios. I think it was a combo of many factors, such as: it was Britney's newest single when she came touring in Brazil (FFT concerts here were also in November 2011, and I Wanna Go, which was also a top 30 hit here, was already dying), the fact that it was a romantic bop, and also that was a romantic bop about a criminal romance (whe have a lot of those in Brazil ).

Even recently this song became a viral once again in Brazil due to a video of a guy trying to rob a girl's bag, then he returned the bag to her and they started to make out in the street. The video soundtrack? Britney Spears' Criminal. I mean, these are all to tell that Criminal was indeed a massive huge hit here in Brazil, and it's still revisted by the mainstream audience once in a while. For sure her biggest hit here from the 2010s, and her biggest since "Piece of Me", which was also a massive hit here. Sometimes when I hear Brazilian pop radios, they still play Criminal.

I feel very happy to see that Criminal has aged well, much better than all the other FF singles, because I was a die hard stan of this song back then and used to argue a lot with Drop Dead Beautiful and Inside Out fans that believed that these songs wouldn't have the same disappointing chart performance that Criminal had. How the tables have turned............

I still think HIAM was the best FF single though.
                                            Last edited by luizvalentim; Mon October 4, 2021, 03:28.

Comment

• ^ I vividly remember they did a Facebook poll to choose the 4th single and the options were:

- Inside Out
                                              - (Drop Dead) Beautiful
                                              - Criminal

And I remember the Brazilian fans were voting like crazy and like if there was no tomorrow for “Criminal”, the song won based on their votes alone.

Comment

• Does anyone know her 3 lowest selling singles in the US & UK. I know someday was probably really low sales but it wasn’t a proper uk single I don’t think. I had to import the single.
                                                Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

Comment

• luizvalentim Thank you!

Originally posted by adamf2thedeath View Post
                                                  Does anyone know her 3 lowest selling singles in the US & UK. I know someday was probably really low sales but it wasn’t a proper uk single I don’t think. I had to import the single.
                                                  Someday wasn’t a single in the UK so I think from highest to lowest…

1. I Wanna Go
                                                  2. Criminal/Slumber Party
                                                  3. Perfume

Comment

luizvalentim Thank you!

Someday wasn’t a single in the UK so I think from highest to lowest…

1. I Wanna Go
                                                    2. Criminal/Slumber Party
                                                    3. Perfume
                                                    I’m pretty sure her lowest selling singles in the UK are:

- Ooh La La
                                                    - Slumber Party
                                                    - Perfume

IWG and Criminal both have high streams which translates into more SPS units than anything “Ooh La La” , “Slumber Party” or “Perfume” could ever achieve.

Also in pure sales alone and even if it charted for 1 week I still think “Ooh La La” sold less than IWG and Criminal.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X