• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thebigham
    replied
    @chartdata for the 7/21 Billboard charts:

https://twitter.com/chartdata/with_replies

US pure album sales: @britneyspears, ...Baby One More Time 10,637,000 (total). 14xP

Leave a comment:

• BodyShop
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Originally posted by BodyShop
    All this story is actually kinda funny
    Yes, it was funny, I saw the video of it . . . . His girlfriend Laura was dying a bit inside . . she asked him on National UK Television: ďAre you trying to tell me that you snogged Britney Spears?Ē . . . and he was like: "Yeah"
    Talk about effective promo

Leave a comment:

• belmont
    replied
    Make Me Streams today

YOUTUBE:
    59,835,798 - 00:00 UK Time
    60,252,585 - 00:45 UK Time

(+416, 787) in 45 minutes

what?
    https://twitter.com/lovekneedown/status ... 4049605633

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by BodyShop
    Yes, it was funny, I saw the video of it . . . . His girlfriend Laura was dying a bit inside . . she asked him on National UK Television: ďAre you trying to tell me that you snogged Britney Spears?Ē . . . and he was like: "Yeah"

Leave a comment:

• BodyShop
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Up to #206

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by adamf2thedeath
    Whatís happened with make me? Whyís it rising?
    The leading model / actor from Make Me's music video is participating in a UK's reality TV show right now called "Love Island". Turns out that he "confessed" to his love interest on the show (Laura Anderson) that he kissed Britney Spears on a music video . . . . even though she was polite she was visibly jealous inmediately asking if Britney was single at the time, etc . . . she got a bit insecure for a moment saying Britney was pushing 40 and that she was not even 30 prompting the guy to calm her by explaining to her that it was only a music video. . .

. . . It generated quite good TV and became viral and of course now its on a bunch of portals and news sites in the UK (The sun, etc) reporting that this guy appeared on a Britney Spears music video as the highlight of his career and that his girlfriend (Laura) is jealous, some portals are even twisting the info by saying the guy hooked up with Britney and all of the sites are posting details of the music video, that the song is called "Make Me" and leaving screenshots of the video and even the link of it . . . . . so people are now watching the "Make Me" music video out of curiousity to see the guy kissing Britney Spears.

Leave a comment:

• adamf2thedeath
    replied
    Whatís happened with make me? Whyís it rising?

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by Instinct
    Yeah, and it's actually up to #216 now The music video views skyrocketed too. It was at 59.8 million views just two hours ago and now it's up to 60.3 million. That's amazing considering it usually gets 10k views per day at the most. 500k+ UK views in just a couple of hours.

It should be noted that YouTube views count for the UK chart now.
    LOL yeah I also noticed that, the video jumped quickly to +60m views. Clearly people there are checking the music video out of curiousity after the news and viral tv moment came out. . . and those who watched and liked the song are buying it.

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied
    iTunes UK

#285 Make Me...
    Before you posted this I was just reading the news surrounding the "Make Me" music video that are going quite viral on the UK gossip news right now. Surprised there's already some kind of effect on the chart performance.

Get those extra royalties with that co-written song Queen Britney
    Yeah, and it's actually up to #216 now The music video views skyrocketed too. It was at 59.8 million views just two hours ago and now it's up to 60.3 million. That's amazing considering it usually gets 10k views per day at the most. 500k+ UK views in just a couple of hours.

It should be noted that YouTube views count for the UK chart now.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    iTunes UK

#285 Make Me...
    Before you posted this I was just reading the news surrounding the "Make Me" music video that are going quite viral on the UK gossip news right now. Surprised there's already some kind of effect on the chart performance.

Get those extra royalties with that co-written song Queen Britney

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied
    iTunes UK

#285 Make Me...

Leave a comment:

• pedrolabre
    replied
    2015-2016

Vegas has been good for Spears. For an act without an album, she sold a respectable 923,000 digital tracks, generated 350 million streams and earned her songs $500,000-plus in publishing royalties. She reaped only $31,000 of that though, because she uses outside songwriters.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news ... -rich-list

2016-2017

Spearsí Las Vegas residency helped push her live take-home pay to $9.5 million, while new album Glory contributed to $1.2 million in royalties, with 529 million combined on-demand streams and 250,000 album sales total across her catalog

https://www.billboard.com/photos/786510 ... ney-makers

2017-2018

While the bulk of Spearsí income came from live shows and her Las Vegas residency, she netted another $927,000 from her recorded music, including 548 million streams -- about 200 million more than the average generated by the heritage artists on this list

https://www.billboard.com/photos/846583 ... ney-makers

1,427B streams on US in the last 3 years with only 1 album and 3 singles released

she had 1.2B on-demand in 2016 october, 5 months after the 2015/2016 article

So is certainly that she has over 2B streams on United States

Other interesting thing is that Glory has over 199,720,500 on-demand streams, so Britney made 877M catalog streams on US in the last two years

Leave a comment:

• belmont
    replied
    2015:

2016:

2017:

Streaming:
    2015: $209,800
    2016: $456,600 (+$246,800)
    2017: $614,600 (+$158,000)

Leave a comment:

• Britneysdream
    replied
    Her streaming is better than I expected, and she ranks 3rd female, that is also impressive so far in her career!

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied
    Yeah. 548million streams are equivalent to 365K units.

I'm really glad that she's already starting to earn much more money through streaming than actual sales, it means that even though she isn't really a streaming force she's adapting with times in a moderate way and earning more through streaming.

Just look at the figures, she earned just a bit more than $200K from pure sales units while she earned over $600K from streaming.

Between pure sales, streaming and publishing coming from her music she earns close to $1million every year on average (when she's not active, just catalogue-wise and from US alone).
    Yep. I like how Billboard pointed this out.

While the bulk of Spearsí income came from live shows and her Las Vegas residency, she netted another $927,000 from her recorded music, including 548 million streams -- about 200 million more than the average generated by the heritage artists on this list.
    I'm very shocked she ranked higher than in 2016 But then again, 2017 was the biggest year for her residency in terms of gross, ticket sales, average per show, etc.

In terms of female artists, she ranks at #3, behind Lady Gaga and Celine Dion

#1 Lady Gaga
    #2 Celine Dion
    #3 Britney Spears
    #4 Faith Hill
    #5 Ariana Grande

She's still a very profitable artist.

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    Originally posted by Britneysdream
    Originally posted by Westen
    So Iím 12 months she actually sold 365k in album sales just in the USA!
    No
    For album streams itís 1,500 streams makes 1 album sales In the USA so yes
    Well, it would be album equivalent, or units, not album sales.

Anyway, the Billboard article says her total streams this year are 548 million. Youíre already converting that into album equivalent units (365k), and then you take that figure again, divide it by 150 and say she has sold also 3.6 million singles...

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Yeah. 548million streams are equivalent to 365K units.

I'm really glad that she's already starting to earn much more money through streaming than actual sales, it means that even though she isn't really a streaming force she's adapting with times in a moderate way and earning more through streaming.

Just look at the figures, she earned just a bit more than $200K from pure sales units while she earned over $600K from streaming.

Between pure sales, streaming and publishing coming from her music she earns close to $1million every year on average (when she's not active, just catalogue-wise and from US alone).

Leave a comment:

• Britneysdream
    replied
    Originally posted by Westen
    No
    For album streams itís 1,500 streams makes 1 album sales In the USA so yes

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    No

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied
    Billboard Money Makers

2009: #5
    2011: #16
    2014: #18
    2015: #22
    2016: #39
    2017: #30

Leave a comment:

• Britneysdream
    replied
    So Iím 12 months she actually sold 365k in album sales just in the USA and roughly 3.6 million singles, just from streaming!

Thatís actually not that awful!

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied
    Britney ranks at #30 on Billboard's "Top Money Makers" list

While the bulk of Spearsí income came from live shows and her Las Vegas residency, she netted another $927,000 from her recorded music, including 548 million streams -- about 200 million more than the average generated by the heritage artists on this list. LAST YEAR: 39
    Please note that this list is US only, so her Asian tour is excluded, as are her non-music related endeavors (such as her perfumes).

She received 548 million streams in the US last year, which equals to 365k album sales.

As of October 2016, she had 1.2 billion streams in the US

So not counting October 9-December 31, 2016 + January 1-July 20, 2018, she has 1.748 billion streams in the US. Most likely over 2 billion in total.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Britney's Top charting studio eras in the USA - Based on America's main charts (Billboard 200 / Billboard Hot 100):

1. Baby One More Time Era = 196 Weeks

-Baby One More Time (Billboard 200): 104 weeks
    -Baby One More Time (Billboard Hot 100): 32 weeks
    -Sometimes (Billboard Hot 100): 20 weeks
    -You Drive Me Crazy (Billboard Hot 100): 20 weeks
    -From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart (Billboard Hot 100): 20 weeks

2. Oops I Did It Again Era = 130 Weeks

-Oops I Did It Again (Billboard 200): 84 weeks
    -Oops I Did It Again (Billboard Hot 100): 20 weeks
    -Lucky (Billboard Hot 100): 11 weeks
    -Stronger (BIllboard Hot 100): 15 weeks

3. Circus Era = 103 Weeks

-Circus (Billboard 200): 36 weeks
    -Womanizer (Billboard Hot 100): 23 weeks
    -Circus (Billboard Hot 100): 22 weeks
    -If U Seek Amy (Billboard Hot 100): 18 weeks
    -Shattered Glass (Billboard Hot 100): 1 week
    -Radar (Billboard Hot 100): 3 weeks

4. In The Zone Era = 100 Weeks

-In The Zone (Billboard 200): 45 weeks
    -Me Against The Music (Billboard Hot 100): 13 weeks
    -Toxic (Billboard Hot 100): 20 weeks
    -Everytime (Billboard Hot 100): 18 weeks
    -Outrageous: 4 weeks

4. Femme Fatale Era = 100 Weeks

-Femme Fatale (Billboard 200): 33 weeks
    -Hold It Against Me (Billboard Hot 100): 17 weeks
    -Till The World Ends (Billboard Hot 100): 24 weeks
    -I Wanna Go (Billboard Hot 100): 20 weeks
    -Criminal (Billboard Hot 100): 6 weeks

6. Blackout Era = 92 Weeks

-Blackout (BIllboard 200): 35 weeks
    -Gimme More (Billboard Hot 100): 20 weeks
    -Piece Of Me (Billboard Hot 100): 20 weeks
    -Break The Ice (Billboard Hot 100): 17 weeks

7. Britney Era = 77 Weeks

-Britney (Billboard 200): 58 weeks
    -I'm a Slave 4 U (Billboard Hot 100): 14 weeks
    -Overprotected (Billboard Hot 100): 5 weeks

8. Britney Jean Era = 30 Weeks

-Britney Jean (Billboard 200): 11 weeks
    -Work Bitch (Billboard Hot 100): 13 weeks
    -Perfume (Billboard Hot 100): 6 weeks

9. Glory Era = 18 weeks

-Glory (Billboard 200): 8 weeks
    -Make Me (Billboard Hot 100): 9 weeks
    -Slumber Party (Billboard Hot 100): 1 week

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Happy second anniversary to "Make Me" ... One of her very best tunes

- #17 on the Hot 100
    - Almost 100 million streams on Spotify
    - Certified Platinum by the RIAA
    - Top 20 Pop Radio hit

Not bad ... It was a cute moderate / minor hit she had in America 18 years into her career.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X