X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AnnDroid
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    Anyway guys, For a straight decade Britney was a Hit machine, from 1998 to 2008 nearly all of her songs would become hit after hit either in the US or in Internationally and checking all of this I realized that it was a period when even her few "flops" of that time still managed to go Top 10 in at least one important / relevant market as "Don't let me be the last to know" went Top 10 in Austria, "Boys" Top 10 in UK, "I love Rock N Roll" Top 10 in Germany, "Someday (I will understand)" Top 10 in Italy and "Break the ice" Top 10 in Canada. She was definately the biggest hit maker of her generation.
    And even later for the next 5-7 years she got hit after hit either in the US or somewhere else, IF the international South Korean chart should be included (Ooh La La and Perfume were top 10 there) and IF not-so important charts like the Lebanon one should be included where Perfume was top 10, but I guess you mean the important markets. If so, from Baby One More to Work Bitch all her songs were top 10 at least in one country (Since Ooh La La was also top 5 in Hungary). And if South Korean International chart was included, then ALL her singles until Pretty Girls were a hit somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Noahh
    replied
    Originally posted by Noahh
    Pretty sad that one of her most basic/boring singles became her biggest radio hit.
    Your personal opinion / taste has nothing to do with chart analysis.
    Whatever dude.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by Noahh
    Pretty sad that one of her most basic/boring singles became her biggest radio hit.
    Your personal opinion / taste has nothing to do with chart analysis

----

Anyway guys, For a straight decade Britney was a Hit machine, from 1998 to 2008 nearly all of her songs would become hit after hit either in the US or in Internationally and checking all of this I realized that it was a period when even her few "flops" of that time still managed to go Top 10 in at least one important / relevant market as "Don't let me be the last to know" went Top 10 in Austria, "Boys" Top 10 in UK, "I love Rock N Roll" Top 10 in Germany, "Someday (I will understand)" Top 10 in Italy and "Break the ice" Top 10 in Canada. She was definately the biggest hit maker of her generation.

Leave a comment:

• Noahh
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by Westen
    IWG is not her biggest radio hit. 100m in 2011 is not the same like 90m in 1999
    Thats like saying "On the floor" is not J.Lo's best selling song because "If you had my love" Physical sales in 1999 were more valuable and not the same than Digital sales.

"I wanna go" is her song that registered the largest radio audience impressions in her career no matter the standards of 1999, 2005 or whatever. There's nothing to debate about it

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    IWG is not her biggest radio hit. 100m in 2011 is not the same like 90m in 1999

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by Nackar
    It's so weird to see a song like I Wanna Go being her biggest radio hit... especially because it wasn't a hit here at all.
    "I wanna go" had a weird polarizing performance, it didn't work in the Netherlands but it was a top 5 hit and one of her biggest in France.

I wonder what her biggest airplay hit would've been had that not happened... Toxic? Womanizer?
    "Till the world ends" would follow. Before the "Femme Fatale" era, her biggest Radio solo hit was "Toxic".

I'd say places like Brazil and Mexico are also relevant markets, definitely more so than Ireland and New Zealand, but then neither of them has a singles chart so basically this is a moot point
    Brazil does have a Billboard Hot 100 chart tho which is the closest thing to a singles chart in that market and Britney has had #1s there. "Criminal" topped the Billboard Brazil Hot 100 chart for multiple weeks

Leave a comment:

• Ivica
    replied
    Radio History

...Baby One More Time 83.6M
    Sometimes 39M
    (You Drive Me) Crazy 77M
    From the Bottom of My Broken Heart 26M
    Oops!...I Did It Again 79M
    Lucky 52M
    Stronger 25M
    I'm a Slave 4 U 28M
    Overprotected 10M
    I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman 24.3M
    Boys 8M
    Me Against the Music 36.8M
    Toxic 93.4M
    Everytime 68.4M
    Outrageous 19M
    My Prerogative 27M
    Gimme More 28.932M
    Piece of Me 19.432M
    Break the Ice 24.540M
    Womanizer 73.162M
    Circus 73.313M
    If U Seek Amy 52.883M
    Radar 13.222M
    3 72.918M
    Hold It Against Me 88.406M
    Till the World Ends 98.990M
    I Wanna Go 101.653M
    Criminal 18.050M
    Ooh La La 31.716M
    Scream & Shout 145.650M
    Work Bitch 38.522M
    Perfume 20.200M
    Pretty Girls 26.250M

Leave a comment:

• Nackar
    replied
    - "Femme Fatale" produced the Biggest solo Radio / Airplay hit of her entire career two times, first "Till the world ends" became her biggest Radio hit during its release just to be surpassed later by "I wanna go" which ultimately remains as her biggest Radio hit ever.
    It's so weird to see a song like I Wanna Go being her biggest radio hit... especially because it wasn't a hit here at all. But it makes sense, of course, given her strained history with radio. I wonder what her biggest airplay hit would've been had that not happened... Toxic? Womanizer?

Originally posted by JadeBritx
    Unrelated to the FF era, but Britney is one of the few females that have topped the official singles chart of every relevant music market
    I'd say places like Brazil and Mexico are also relevant markets, definitely more so than Ireland and New Zealand, but then neither of them has a singles chart so basically this is a moot point

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied
    Great post. This is why I don't consider Femme Fatale a career low for Britney, I never did. One can never go against several records, a #1 single (two if we count the S&M remix), two big radio hits, 15+ million records sold, 3 top 10 singles, 3 platinum singles, etc. Even if the album underperformed, it gave her certifications in several countries including her 8th Platinum RIAA album. Like you said a while ago, every era (until Britney Jean) was her peak in some way.

Unrelated to the FF era, but Britney is one of the few females that have topped the official singles chart of every relevant music market

Australia
    Austria
    Belgium (Flanders)/Belgium (Wallonia)
    Canada
    Denmark
    Finland
    France
    Germany
    Ireland
    Italy
    Netherlands
    New Zealand
    Norway
    Spain
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    United Kingdom
    United States

Not counting Japan (Oricon) because none of them would be eligible. Has any international female ever topped the Oricon singles chart? If we count the international chart though, Britney has a few #1s there, as well as some others.

The following females have topped them all at one point:

Madonna
    Britney Spears
    Rihanna
    Shakira
    Adele
    Celine Dion
    Whitney Houston
    Jennifer Lopez
    Lady Gaga

If I'm missing anyone, please let me know.

Britney's #1 singles:

Australia (5)
    Austria (4)
    Belgium (Flanders)/Belgium (Wallonia) (9)
    Canada (9)
    Denmark (7)
    Finland (5)
    France (3)
    Germany (3)
    Ireland (8)
    Italy (4)
    Netherlands (4)
    New Zealand (5)
    Norway (6)
    Spain (3)
    Sweden (4)
    Switzerland (5)
    United Kingdom (6)
    United States (5)

In terms of cumulative #1 singles, only Madonna and Rihanna have more than her.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    The Femme Fatale era brought several peaks and new things for Britney's career.

- "Femme Fatale" produced her Most successful and biggest Radio era of her entire career with over 315million Audience impressions and 3 consecutive pop radio hits.

- "Femme Fatale" produced the Biggest solo Radio / Airplay hit of her entire career two times, first "Till the world ends" became her biggest Radio hit during its release just to be surpassed later by "I wanna go" which ultimately remains as her biggest Radio hit ever.

- The lead single "Hold it against me" broke digital and radio records at the moment, and as of today still remains as the 4th highest debut ever on Pop radio in US.

- "Femme Fatale" became her Top / Biggest streaming era of her career on Spotify and streaming devices and 3 of its music videos were VEVO certified.

- "Femme Fatale" became her Top dance/club play album / era of her career producing 3 #1 dance club hits and one additional charting club song.

- "Femme Fatale" is her album with most Top 10 hits.

Trivia:

- The release of "Femme Fatale" is the responsible of making Britney one of the very few artists to have both, a #1 album and a #1 single in 3 different decades.

Leave a comment:

• Ivica
    replied
    oh Imust have overlooked it

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by nickf1

interesting that IWG is not there and that Criminal has sold more xD is there a list for 2012, 2013 etc?
    I see it there.

Till the world ends - 54,482
    I wanna go - 25,771
    Hold it against me - 20,274
    Criminal - 11,489

Leave a comment:

• Ivica
    replied
    yeah I remember last year or year before TSC was no.1 on iTunes there

now that collection is out of top1500 XD

Originally posted by BritneyFatale
    http://www.oljo.de/jahrescharts2011_singles_101_200.php

TTWE sold almost 60.000 units here in 2011. Work Bitch had a similar chart run and our singles market was a lot healther during 2013 than it was in 2011. I believe it... Work Bitch was bigger here than the peak would tell you. To me it felt bigger than other singles from her in a long time. not counting Scream & Shout obviously
    interesting that IWG is not there and that Criminal has sold more xD is there a list for 2012, 2013 etc?

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by Westen
    It's still not going to enter chart, you do know that?
    It doesn't matter, its selling extra copies and thats nice.

Up to #11 in Germany

that's actually some crazy ass collection and I think different from US one..

https://itunes.apple.com/de/album/the-e ... d686778973
    That is an actual / official RCA compilation release from Britney, but it had no announcement and wasn't promoted or supporting with any new songs or singles like she did with "Greatest hits: My Prerogative" or "The singles collection". Its probably just a contract filler release, I wonder why is it charting so high in Germany tho? What did happen? Was a Britney documentary aired or Did someone sing one of her songs on some talent show or what?
    It was reduced to 3,99 , nw is back to normal prize 9,99
    Thanks. Interesting how the discount worked considering its basically an unknown Britney album

Leave a comment:

• Ivica
    replied
    Up to #11 in Germany

That is an actual / official RCA compilation release from Britney, but it had no announcement and wasn't promoted or supporting with any new songs or singles like she did with "Greatest hits: My Prerogative" or "The singles collection". Its probably just a contract filler release, I wonder why is it charting so high in Germany tho? What did happen? Was a Britney documentary aired or Did someone sing one of her songs on some talent show or what?
    It was reduced to 3,99 , nw is back to normal prize 9,99

Leave a comment:

• Westen
    replied
    It's still not going to enter chart, you do know that?

Leave a comment:

• BritneyFatale
    replied
    I hope The Essential Britney Spears enters the top 10 on itunes! I think Im going to buy another copy... still #11

Leave a comment:

• BritneyFatale
    replied
    http://www.oljo.de/jahrescharts2011_singles_101_200.php

TTWE sold almost 60.000 units here in 2011. Work Bitch had a similar chart run and our singles market was a lot healther during 2013 than it was in 2011. I believe it... Work Bitch was bigger here than the peak would tell you. To me it felt bigger than other singles from her in a long time. not counting Scream & Shout obviously

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Up to #11 in Germany

Leave a comment:

• toxicALIENS
    replied
    Originally posted by arab
    Digital version costs 7.99, but physical copy is being sold for just 1.59...
    Ohhh sorry I didn't properly read that it said Amazon

Leave a comment:

• Ivica
    replied
    Up to #11 in Germany

Leave a comment:

• arab
    replied
    Digital version costs 7.99, but physical copy is being sold for just 1.59...

Leave a comment:

• toxicALIENS
    replied
    Oh it's not 1.59 btw?

it's 7.99

Leave a comment:

• toxicALIENS
    replied
    Just shows people that they don't care for her album discography unless it has actually 'good' songs on it

She should release an emotion and maybe she will slay again

Leave a comment:

Working...
X