Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Instinct
    Britney is definitely her weakest streaming era. However the album has better catalog sales than OIDIA and ITZ in the U.S. which is weird to me.
    Yeah, but ITZ has way more memorable singles that constantly sell until today, "Toxic" is her best catalog selling song overall and "Everytime" is her top catalog song in the UK. People stream and revisit its singles until now, and the album likely has better catalog sales than "Britney" on a worlwide scale. And regarding OIDIA, its lead single is more of a bigger trademark and classic song for her career than any "Britney (album)" single.
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• If we're talking about eras a whole, then you're definitely right. "Britney" is unfortunately her weakest era overall.

-
      ...Baby One More Time

Spotify:
      #125 Singapore
      #130 Turkey
      #148 Poland
      #171 Belgium
      #172 United States

227k streams yesterday.

Comment

• VEVO Update

200M+
        Scream & Shout - 571,490,029
        Work Bitch - 224,264,102
        I Wanna Go - 213,310,532
        ...Baby One More Time - 207,340,826
        Toxic - 202,883,711

150M-200M
        Till the World Ends - 160,307,720

100M-150M
        Pretty Girls - 145,844,643
        Womanizer (Director's Cut) - 137,849,114
        Circus - 122,222,558
        Gimme More - 113,245,088
        Hold It Against Me - 109,100,080
        Oops!... I Did It Again - 100,422,820

80M-100M
        Piece of Me - 86,274,516

60M-80M
        Everytime - 73,249,523
        I'm A Slave 4 U - 73,113,297
        Sometimes - 65,507,967
        (You Drive Me) Crazy - 65,423,510
        Overprotected - 61,683,686
        I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman - 61,089,720
        Stronger - 61,634,860
        Lucky - 60,031,545

40M-60M
        If U Seek Amy - 56,614,138
        Radar - 56,418,843
        3 - 54,937,979
        Break the Ice - 51,628,639
        Criminal - 48,658,875
        Scream & Shout (Remix) [Explicit] - 47,199,001
        Ooh La La (From The Smurfs 2) - 44,491,311

20M-40M
        Boys - 34,830,022
        Perfume - 30,269,585
        Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know - 25,168,749
        My Prerogative - 23,060,895
        Born To Make You Happy - 21,128,837

10M-20M
        I Love Rock n' Roll - 17,877,101
        Work Bitch (Audio) - 15,048,210
        Me Against the Music - 15,037,974
        From the Bottom of My Broken Heart - 14,710,276
        Piece of Me (International Version) - 13,228,162
        Criminal (Lyric Video) - 13,218,332
        Pretty Girls (Audio) - 12,973,606
        Ooh La La (Audio) - 11,736,721
        Hold It Against Me (Audio) - 11,221,204
        S&M Remix (Audio) - 10,888,806

5M-10M
        I Wanna Go (Teaser) - 8,741,036
        Till the World Ends (Audio) - 8,144,872
        DANCE Till the World Ends - 8,097,052
        Criminal (Radio Mix (Audio)) - 8,049,768
        Kill the Lights - 5,430,367
        Megamix (2016 Billboard Music Awards Performance) - 5,290,295

1M-5M
        Someday (I Will Understand) - 4,830,473
        Ooh La La (from The Smurfs 2) [Lyric] - 4,690,513
        Perfume (Audio) - 4,627,013
        Perfume (Lyric Video) - 4,601,831
        It Should Be Easy (Audio) - 2,883,475
        Do Somethin' - 2,788,128
        Womanizer (Director's Cut) - 2,256,742
        Now That I Found You (Audio) - 2,119,290
        I Wanna Go (Desi Hits!: Remix) - 2,098,424
        Tom's Diner (Audio) - 1,702,490
        My Only Wish (This Year) [Audio] - 1,493,057
        #VEVOCertified, Pt. 2: Britney on Making... - 1,490,989
        #VEVOCertified, Pt. 1: Award Presentation - 1,101,667

>1M
        Pretty Girls (VEVO's Do It Yourselfie) - 1,016,456
        The Femme Fatale Tour DVD (Teaser) - 919,413
        Tom's Diner (Lyric Video) - 970,328
        #VEVOCertified, Pt. 6: Till the World Ends - 693,014
        #VEVOCertified, Pt. 5: I Wanna Go - 671,371
        Till the World Ends (Lyric Video) - 662,994
        #VEVOCertified, Pt. 4: Till the World Ends - 636,449
        I Wanna Go (Pete Phantom Remix (Audio) - 601,096
        I Wanna Go (Moguai Remix) (Audio) - 500,887
        Till the World Ends (Twister Remix) - 499,669
        #VEVOCertified, Pt. 3: Britney Superfans - 485,879
        Circus: The Interview - 441,860
        Circus: Making the Video - 373,175
        I Wanna Go (Gareth Emery Remix) (Audio) - 322,302
        Gimme More (from Britney Spears Live: The Femme Fatale Tour DVD) - 291,255
        Scary (Audio) - 225,458
        I Wanna Go (Vada Remix) (Audio) - 203,269
        Hold It Against Me - Today is the Day - 136,198
        VVVintage Episode 4 - Best Guest Stars - 108,496
        Hold It Against Me - Teaser 8 - 78,110
        Hold It Against Me - Teaser 11 - 66,523
        VVVintage - Top 5 Naked Music Vids! - 62,620
        Ganhadores Brasil (The Year In Vevo) - 58,686
        Hold It Against Me - Teaser 13 - 57,654
        VVVintage - Top 5 Music Chat Up Lines! - 56,566
        VVVintage - Top 5 90's Music Vids! - 53,392
        VVV Italia Episodio 5 - Back to school con 5 - 49,499
        Hold It Against Me - Teaser 12 - 48,375
        Hold It Against Me - Teaser 9 - 42,665
        Hold It Against Me - Teaser 10 - 35,251
        VVVintage - Top 5 Music Videos In Schools! - 17,087

Total: 3,673,460,592 views (6/22/2016)

Comment

• ^ Strangely and stupidly enough "Piece of me" is uploaded twice on her VEVO, one version has 86m views and the other one has 13m views for a total of 99m views combined ... How stupid.
          Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• One must be the international release where the intro scene is different (and makes more sense).
            we will rise to meet the challenge every time

Comment

• ^ Yes, one is the "international" version. The thing is that the video is like 98% the same video, there isn't much point on it. Britney hasn't even uploaded the "Overprotected" (Darkchild remix) music video on her VEVO so I don't see why it was necessary to upload this so called "International" version (which is nearly identical), it just splitted the views from the video.

Comment

• BPI:
                We're so excited to announce the album 'Femme Fatale' by @britneyspears has just gone gold! U Superstar! #bpiAwards
                *CLICK* - FREE AMAZON/ITUNES VOUCHERS - *CLICK*

Comment

• Originally posted by Biebz
                  BPI:
                  We're so excited to announce the album 'Femme Fatale' by @britneyspears has just gone gold! U Superstar! #bpiAwards
                  Finally!! it was eligible for a while.

With this new cert now all of her first 7 studio albums and 2 main compilations are certified with no lower than Gold status in the UK. "Britney Jean" didn't exist.

Comment

• Great to see Femme Fatale finally certified Gold! The singles deserved so much more though. I still find it shocking how poorly they performed. "TTWE" deserved to be a Top 5 hit!

Comment

• Originally posted by Neutral
                      Great to see Femme Fatale finally certified Gold! The singles deserved so much more though. I still find it shocking how poorly they performed. "TTWE" deserved to be a Top 5 hit!
                      "Till the world ends" is eligible for Silver certification tho.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
                        Originally posted by Neutral
                        Great to see Femme Fatale finally certified Gold! The singles deserved so much more though. I still find it shocking how poorly they performed. "TTWE" deserved to be a Top 5 hit!
                        "Till the world ends" is eligible for Silver certification tho.
                        Good for a song that peaked at #21, but it deserved to do a lot better both in sales and peak. :(

Comment

• Originally posted by Neutral
                          Good for a song that peaked at #21, but it deserved to do a lot better both in sales and peak. :(
                          Yeah, indeed good for a song outside top 20.

The thing is that "Femme Fatale" was not a hot era for Britney in UK, it suffered from the evident complete lack of any type of promotion and the last 2 singles didn't help / impact there, despite all it got some minor success there at least. A Top 10 Gold album, one Top 10 single, another Silver single and a +90% sold out UK tour.

Comment

• I just noticed again how undercertified Britney's albums are in Brazil

...Baby One More Time is only certified Gold (100k) when it should be Diamond (1 million) for selling over 1 million
                            Oops!... I Did It Again is only certified Gold (100k) when it should be 3x Platinum (750k) for selling over 850k
                            Britney is only certified Gold (50k) when it should be certified Platinum (125k) for selling 130k
                            In The Zone only certified Gold (50k) when it should be Platinum (125k) for selling around the same as Britney
                            Greatest Hits: My Prerogative is not even certified when it should be Gold (50k) for selling 80k

Blackout is certified Gold (30k) and it's almost at 50k based on all the shipment codes we have, it could be really close to Platinum (60k at the time)

Circus, The Singles Collection, Femme Fatale and Britney Jean are not even certified with sales of 70k, 75k, 70k, and nearly 40k respectively. All of them are eligible for Platinum, with The Singles Collection and Femme Fatale possibly being eligible for 2x Platinum (80k).

Overall she has a huge career in Brazil with around 2.5 million albums sold/shipped. Katy Perry recently got her entire discography updated there, I hope they do the same with Britney.

Comment

Originally posted by Biebz
                              BPI:
                              Finally!! it was eligible for a while.

With this new cert now all of her first 7 studio albums and 2 main compilations are certified with no lower than Gold status in the UK. "Britney Jean" didn't exist.
                              BJ sold 30k in the UK or so?

Comment

• Originally posted by heyall
                                Yes, its around 34,000 units, its lead single "Work Bitch" performed considerably better as it peaked at #7 and has sold around 150,000 units so far but it failed to draw interest towards the album and further singles were cancelled , so the album only had 1 single in the UK. The overall result of BJ is way weaker / lower than any of her other efforts as all of her other main albums have sold no lower than 100,000 units there.

Comment

Originally posted by heyall
                                  Yes, its around 34,000 units, its lead single "Work Bitch" performed considerably better as it peaked at #7 and has sold around 150,000 units so far but it failed to draw interest towards the album and further singles were cancelled , so the album only had 1 single in the UK. The overall result of BJ is way weaker / lower than any of her other efforts as all of her other main albums have sold no lower than 100,000 units there.
                                  ?
                                  That's not true. Perfume was released like in the rest of the world.
                                  It just failed to enter top 200, like Criminal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Westen
                                    Originally posted by MrLeonix
                                    ?
                                    "Perfume" was not commercially released in the UK. It was cancelled after the lack of interest towards the project was evident, hence it wasn't sent to radio or anything. In the UK the only thing that happened regarding "Britney Jean" was "Work Bitch".

Comment

Originally posted by Westen
                                      Originally posted by MrLeonix
                                      ?
                                      "Perfume" was not commercially released in the UK. It was cancelled after the lack of interest towards the project was evident, hence it wasn't sent to radio or anything. In the UK the only thing that happened regarding "Britney Jean" was "Work Bitch".
                                      We're not in physical era anymore, they can't cancel single when it was already digitally released like every other song out there.
                                      Work Bitch also didn't have much radio support

Comment

• There are barely ANY international artists that release CD singles in the UK anymore. The only country where it's still quite common is Germany. So to say that Perfume was not commercially released in the UK is simply wrong.
                                        ? Girls' Generation ?
                                        ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

We're not in physical era anymore, they can't cancel single when it was already digitally released like every other song out there.
                                          Work Bitch also didn't have much radio support
                                          Just because its digitally released like every other song on the album doesn't mean its a single, based on that logic every song from the album was a single because they are digitally released? .. You don't get it, "Perfume" was not marketed as a single in the UK and wasn't sent to radio. When I said it was cancelled its because it was originally expected to be issued as the second single from the album there but those plans were later scrapped (I remember her fans were very disappointed after it was announced). "Work Bitch" on the other hand was sent to radio and yeah it didn't receive much radio support but still got played and its music video received a lot of TV airplay in the UK, it was an evident single treated as such, "Perfume" was just another album track in the UK market.

The main point here is that "Perfume" was not visible for her at all, UK public wouldn't know about that song. Everything that "Britney Jean" did there (and well in most countries) was on the back of "Work bitch" alone. Take into consideration that "Perfume" like WB was also released before the album got released and then no further singles were issued in the world, which means that BJ didn't even have a single after the album was released which was even worse.

Comment

• You can pretend all you want but Perfume WAS official single.

Comment

You can pretend all you want but Perfume WAS official single.
                                              I know it was. But UK was the only place where it wasn't.

Comment

• ^Aha. And, in your opinion, what exactly would have made a single there?
                                                ? Girls' Generation ?

Comment

• Originally posted by joiPrince_JO
                                                  ^Aha. And, in your opinion, what exactly would have made a single there?
                                                  A song that gets sent to radio and also gets announced as single. Xtina's "Just a fool" single is another example of a song that was not an official single in the UK. Its not hard to understand.

Having a music video is not what defines a single. In that sense Beyonce has many songs with music videos but only the ones that are sent to radio are considered singles, even Britney (Kill the lights) and Madonna (I want you) have songs with music videos that aren't singles because of that. And not every song that gets digitally released is a single either. Lady Gaga did it with "Hair" and its not considered a single because of that, why? Because it was not sent to radio.

"Perfume" was an official single in the entire world except the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by joiPrince_JO
                                                    ^Aha. And, in your opinion, what exactly would have made a single there?
                                                    A song that gets sent to radio and also gets announced as single. Xtina's "Just a fool" single is another example of a song that was not an official single in the UK. Its not hard to understand.

Having a music video is not what defines a single. In that sense Beyonce has many songs with music videos but only the ones that are sent to radio are considered singles, even Britney (Kill the lights) and Madonna (I want you) have songs with music videos that aren't singles because of that. And not every song that gets digitally released is a single either. Lady Gaga did it with "Hair" and its not considered a single because of that, why? Because it was not sent to radio.

"Perfume" was an official single in the entire world except the UK.
                                                    Lol just because song wasn't picked up by radios and play listed doesn't mean it wasn't single.

Comment

Lol just because song wasn't picked up by radios and play listed doesn't mean it wasn't single.
                                                      Exactly.
                                                      ? Girls' Generation ?

Comment

Its not about being picked up or not. "Ooh la la" wasn't picked up but that one is an official single because it was sent to radio. "Perfume" wasn't sent, its different, not a single.

Stop causing unecessary fights, move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Westen
                                                          Its not about being picked up or not. "Ooh la la" wasn't picked up but that one is an official single because it was sent to radio. "Perfume" wasn't sent, its different, not a single.

Stop causing unecessary fights, move on.
                                                          Stop with these lies and we can move on.

Comment

• Perfume was sent to UK Radio on January 26, 2014. The music video was also played here on music channels.
                                                            *CLICK* - FREE AMAZON/ITUNES VOUCHERS - *CLICK*

Comment

Stop with these lies and we can move on.
                                                              Look, you'll have to learn to agree on disagree, because I'm not taking back anything. Move on or deal with it.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X