No announcement yet.

Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ “Gimme More” will escalate to Platinum fast … “Sometimes” will be there afterwards too.

”Slave” should be over 300K nowc it was at 274K two years ago and ever since Slave’s streams are bigger than they’ve ever been, now pulling +120K daily on Spotify (opposed to 60K-70K or something it was pulling back then?) .. It’s definitely on it’s race to Gold.
    Last edited by MrLeonix; Tue November 9, 2021, 14:24.
    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by Choley View Post
      how many years you think this all will take?
      Any albums are we expecting soon like maybe Blackout as it's seeing good streams now.

Comment

• In December 2019, we got exact sales figures a lot of her songs, plus their yearly average. This is how their totals should have looked like by December 2020:

...Baby One More Time = 1,882,429
        Scream & Shout= 1,109,338
        Toxic= 954,809
        Oops…! I Did It Again= 772,192
        Womanizer= 668,250
        Sometimes= 517,011
        Everytime= 497,171
        Born to Make You Happy= 395,344
        (You Drive Me) Crazy= 373,693
        Piece of Me= 370,590
        Gimme More= 380,010
        Circus= 338,364
        Stronger= 309,563
        Lucky= 308,963
        I’m A Slave 4 U= 293,317

But this is literally the bare minimum. Her streams in 2020 were already much better than in 2019. We know for a fact Gimme More was certified Gold for 400K units on December 18, 2020, which is 20K higher than its yearly average suggested. That means it actually sold 50K last year instead of just 30K (an increase of 66%).

If we apply a little more conservative increase of 50% to each song, her totals as of December 2020 looked more like this...

...Baby One More Time = 1,919,929
        Scream & Shout= 1,129,338
        Toxic= 1,012,309
        Oops…! I Did It Again= 804,692
        Womanizer= 693,250
        Sometimes= 539,496
        Everytime= 508,171
        Born to Make You Happy= 400,344 (this was certified Gold for 400K units on February 12, 2021, so it's off by like 2K)
        (You Drive Me) Crazy= 381,193
        Piece of Me= 379,090
        Gimme More= 395,010 (this increased by 66% and was on over 400K units at the time)
        Circus= 350,864
        Stronger= 320,063
        Lucky= 316,463
        I’m A Slave 4 U= 302,817

And of course, her streams skyrocketed this year, so the new totals should be vastly different. "I'm a Slave 4 U" was only doing 50K streams a day during 2019 AND most of 2020 as well, so realistically it should be around 360K now. "Stronger" has also doubled its daily streams, so it should be around 380K.

Comment

• What about her albums getting some certification level in UK?

Comment

• The new trailer for 'Rebelde' (Netflix) is featuring a cover of ...Baby One More Time. It's just a small part of the song and probably won't affect, but who knows.

And also it will probably have the full cover in one of the episodes.

Comment

• It's nice that soon she will have 3 multi platinum singles in the UK. It didn't feel right that she only had one.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Instinct Guys, when we already know Billboard and Jive confirmed Britney album sold 12m, shouldn't be update the thread? Same of the underestimation you mentioned by CM should also be updated right? Right now she's at 86m album sales on this thread without knowing her China numbers, I am sure we dont carry info for a lot of places so I feel we underestimate her sales which is good because I feel her label will never update her

I think we are underestimating in the zone sales also, I will try to gather more sources for it but it did very good in Asia, CM has posted only 7m around for this one too.

Comment

• If U Seek Amy is now over 100m

Comment

• ^ 99,946,372 - if u seek amy

tomorrow only

Comment

• Chart Masters Is not a reliable source there methodology makes no sense , not every country has 1,500 streams = 1 album sale , they aren’t a reliable source in the industry either Britneys sales have been downgraded massively, e.g It says femme fatale had 0 physical singles but it has , Britney sales WW are much more trash site

Comment

• Originally posted by BritneyMadonnastan View Post
                            Chart Masters Is not a reliable source there methodology makes no sense , not every country has 1,500 streams = 1 album sale , they aren’t a reliable source in the industry either Britneys sales have been downgraded massively, e.g It says femme fatale had 0 physical singles but it has , Britney sales WW are much more trash site
                            Oh, thanks for letting me know yes I checked CM they are saying 0 for FF singles I think they couldn't track it. But spotify gives 1.5b streams = 1M album sales but I think due to streaming some countries have become a little lazy to certify. I see their oops I did it again numbers very mismanaged, even as Instinct showed, they have underestimated her GH sales too I feel this is the same for In the zone album too.

Can anyone explain, as EAS does work in US and UK I think in Germany too now as i checked other forums streaming is mainly calculated for singles sales and not for albums.

Comment

• Originally posted by britneylinda View Post

Oh, thanks for letting me know yes I checked CM they are saying 0 for FF singles I think they couldn't track it. But spotify gives 1.5b streams = 1M album sales but I think due to streaming some countries have become a little lazy to certify. I see their oops I did it again numbers very mismanaged, even as Instinct showed, they have underestimated her GH sales too I feel this is the same for In the zone album too.

Can anyone explain, as EAS does work in US and UK I think in Germany too now as i checked other forums streaming is mainly calculated for singles sales and not for albums.
                              The UK has 1,000 streams for one album sale I think if it’s 12 tracks or more

Comment

Chart Masters Is not a reliable source there methodology makes no sense , not every country has 1,500 streams = 1 album sale , they aren’t a reliable source in the industry either Britneys sales have been downgraded massively, e.g It says femme fatale had 0 physical singles but it has , Britney sales WW are much more trash site
                                Did Britney release physical singles for Femme Fatale? This was in 2011 remember. Was anyone even buying physical singles then ?
                                I do agree that their methodolgy makes zero sense and is completely random, especially that CPSC thing or whatever its called.
                                " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

The UK has 1,000 streams for one album sale I think if it’s 12 tracks or more
                                  Dont forget the UK also downgrades the streams of the top 2 songs from an album also.

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Dont forget the UK also downgrades the streams of the top 2 songs from an album also.
                                    Yea

Comment

• In 2011 physical single sales were dead and not a thing at all. FF’s singles sales were digital (at least by 98%)

And Chartmasters has a very organized methodology.
                                      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Did Britney release physical singles for Femme Fatale? This was in 2011 remember. Was anyone even buying physical singles then ?
                                        I do agree that their methodolgy makes zero sense and is completely random, especially that CPSC thing or whatever its called.
                                        Well it must be more than zero though, fans buy anything as we all know even I have I wanna go and TTWE CD just saying! I am still not able to understand their CSPC formula, all I see her Britney sales are underestimated there as from the receipts Instinct has shown.

I dont think industry uses CSPC formula.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                          In 2011 physical single sales were dead and not a thing at all. FF’s singles sales were digital (at least by 98%)

And Chartmasters has a very organized methodology.
                                          Still more than zero

Comment

• Chart masters so many times has sliced Britneys sales in minor markets but it does add up

Comment

• Originally posted by britneylinda View Post

Well it must be more than zero though, fans buy anything as we all know even I have I wanna go and TTWE CD just saying! I am still not able to understand their CSPC formula, all I see her Britney sales are underestimated there as from the receipts Instinct has shown.

I dont think industry uses CSPC formula.
                                              No, but it is a measure of overall success and can be very relevant for an entire era including an album and its singles.
                                              Last edited by InFamous; Mon November 15, 2021, 19:48.

Comment

Chart masters so many times has sliced Britneys sales in minor markets but it does add up
                                                He does that with every artist, not just Britney. And honestly I prefer understimation than overestimation.

I love Chartmasters numbers because of that. He presents conservative estimations and that will be the minimum you will get (which gives you proper tools to analyze and work on numbers). Chartmasters is not an official source but it’s a good guide and tool for chart experts.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

He does that with every artist, not just Britney. And honestly I prefer understimation than overestimation.

I love Chartmasters numbers because of that. He presents conservative estimations and that will be the minimum you will get (which gives you proper tools to analyze and work on numbers). Chartmasters is not an official source but it’s a good guide and tool for chart experts.
                                                  Underestimation is pointless , nothing is correct

Comment

Underestimation is pointless , nothing is correct
                                                    Your numbers are not correct either anyways

Comment

Working...
                                                    X