Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

Chartmasters do not calculate album units. They calculate the popularity of an era including album and all the singles any if the singles make any other albums sell like compilation. It does not tabulate the units an album sold.
    Thank you for the explanation, correct me if I am wrong to CSPC method Baby one more time stands on 32m but it actually didn't sell 32m album units on a whole correct? But, as far I've understood they add 1.5b global streams of one album for example to 1M EAS?
    I see below Britney is Taylor, Drake and Rihanna but their sales are low in comparison to her but of course streaming numbers are gigantic sooner or later Britney will be pushed to 48th on that list, can you help me explain this I am very confused at their methodology.

Comment

• Originally posted by britneylinda View Post

Thank you for the explanation, correct me if I am wrong to CSPC method Baby one more time stands on 32m but it actually didn't sell 32m album units on a whole correct? But, as far I've understood they add 1.5b global streams of one album for example to 1M EAS?
      I see below Britney is Taylor, Drake and Rihanna but their sales are low in comparison to her but of course streaming numbers are gigantic sooner or later Britney will be pushed to 48th on that list, can you help me explain this I am very confused at their methodology.
      I'm not even fully sure how they arrive at the figures but I just know the CSPC does not represent or mean the units an album sold. They have a video on their page explaining how it works.
      " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
      Baby maybe you're the problem "

Comment

the Commensure Sales to Popularity Concept (CSPC).

If you are not familiar with this concept, it consists in retrieving sales figures from every format and weighting them on par with album sales. That’s what we call equivalent album sales, or simply CSPC units.
        • Studio Album: sales of the original album
        • Other LPs: sales of compilations generated thanks to the album
        • Physical Singles: sales of physical singles from the album (added to CSPC total with a ratio 3/10 for 2-tracks, 5/10 for EPs and Maxis)
        • Digital Singles: sales of digital singles from the album (ratio 1,5/10 for CSPC total)
        • Streaming: equivalent album sales of all the album tracks (ratio 1/1500 for Audio stream and 1/11750 for Video stream)

Source: https://chartmasters.org/best-sellin...s-of-all-time/

Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by belmont View Post
          Great numbers for this effortless classic

Apple Music:
          #50 Denmark
          #54 Austria
          #70 Germany
          #71 Finland
          #126 Sweden
          #159 United Kingdom
          #177 Norway

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
            Great numbers for this effortless classic

Apple Music:
            #50 Denmark
            #54 Austria
            #70 Germany
            #71 Finland
            #126 Sweden
            #159 United Kingdom
            #177 Norway
            Yeah, great numbers indeed. It doesn’t even have a music video or TV performance or anything.
            Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

the Commensure Sales to Popularity Concept (CSPC).

If you are not familiar with this concept, it consists in retrieving sales figures from every format and weighting them on par with album sales. That’s what we call equivalent album sales, or simply CSPC units.
              • Studio Album: sales of the original album
              • Other LPs: sales of compilations generated thanks to the album
              • Physical Singles: sales of physical singles from the album (added to CSPC total with a ratio 3/10 for 2-tracks, 5/10 for EPs and Maxis)
              • Digital Singles: sales of digital singles from the album (ratio 1,5/10 for CSPC total)
              • Streaming: equivalent album sales of all the album tracks (ratio 1/1500 for Audio stream and 1/11750 for Video stream)

Source: https://chartmasters.org/best-sellin...s-of-all-time/

Thank you Mr. Leonix, please don't mind but I have some questions 1500 = 1 album sales is not everywhere same like 1.5b streams = 1M sale is not WW approach too.
              2. I see and I mentioned before below are Taylor and Drake and Rihanna, their streaming numbers are massive but their studio album sales are not at all at par with Britney on this list Taylor is the closest to surpass Britney but in actuality Britney has sold more albums coming from the pure era how would you reason that?
              3. 11750 video stream is their own reached figure to covert the video streams to album equivalent too. If you have sometime, I would really appreciate your brief understanding on this.

Comment

Yeah, great numbers indeed. It doesn’t even have a music video or TV performance or anything.
                I think this is tweet is literally the only time Britney has "acknowledged" the song:

So, almost 200M streams for an album track from 21 years ago is amazing. And it gets bigger every year. It's a proper Christmas classique in mainland Europe.

Comment

Thank you Mr. Leonix, please don't mind but I have some questions 1500 = 1 album sales is not everywhere same like 1.5b streams = 1M sale is not WW approach too.
                  2. I see and I mentioned before below are Taylor and Drake and Rihanna, their streaming numbers are massive but their studio album sales are not at all at par with Britney on this list Taylor is the closest to surpass Britney but in actuality Britney has sold more albums coming from the pure era how would you reason that?
                  3. 11750 video stream is their own reached figure to covert the video streams to album equivalent too. If you have sometime, I would really appreciate your brief understanding on this.
                  This is not the right place to discuss this. You are going off topic.

Go to chartmasters site and post in there

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                    I think this is tweet is literally the only time Britney has "acknowledged" the song:

So, almost 200M streams for an album track from 21 years ago is amazing. And it gets bigger every year. It's a proper Christmas classique in mainland Europe.
                    And to think that one time in 2011 wasn’t even Britney herself posting or acknowledging anything (as we now know what was happening behind the scenes)

Yeah, the song is an European classic and 200M streams for a song that didn’t have a music video or performance, that’s great (that’s more than what “I’m A Slave 4 U” gets).

Comment

This is not the right place to discuss this. You are going off topic.

Go to chartmasters site and post in there
                      CM is flop

Comment

• 1500 album sales WW = Immensely wrong

Comment

• Happy anniversary to “Piece Of Me” single.

14 years ago today, Britney addressed the media, paparazzi and pop culture on her critically acclaimed “Piece Of Me” song which served as Blackout’s second single.

The song will reach 100M streams on Spotify in a few weeks, it’s eligible to 2x Platinum in USA and was certified Gold in the UK.

It reached the Top 10 in 13 countries (including #2 in the UK chart and #1 Ireland), made it to #15 on Rolling Stone’s 100 Best Songs Of 2007 list and won Video Of The year at the MTV Video Music Awards.

——

“Piece Of Me” was such a fascinating single.
                          Last edited by MrLeonix; Sat November 27, 2021, 21:51.

Comment

• Spotify - My Only Wish (This Year) 27.11.2021

Denmark 17 (+8) 62,758 plays

Austria 52 (+18) 16,029 plays

Germany 65 (+85) 151,519 plays

UK 194 (RE) 55,312 plays

Ireland 140 (+22) 7,858 plays

Can‘t for the update next weekend
                            Last edited by Stronger99; Sun November 28, 2021, 10:05.

Comment

• MOWTY is already in the Top 50 on Apple Music and in the Top 100 on Spotify here (Germany) wowowow
                              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• A global christmas classic

Comment

• Some further entries:

Comment

• MrLeonix Happy 14th anniversary to Piece of Me! Definitely a moment in her career and also one of my fave singles from her. Wonder how far it is from 3x Platinum.

Comment

• Comment

• My Only Wish (This Year) on Spotify (November 27):

Denmark: #17 62,758 (2021)
                                        Denmark: #37 39,607 (2020)

Austria: #52 16,029 (2021)
                                        Austria: #81 8,282 (2020)

Germany: #54 151,519 (2021)
                                        Germany: #141 89,887 (2020)

Finland: #119 8,324 (2021)
                                        Finland: OUT (2020)

Sweden: #125 33,354 (2021)
                                        Sweden: #173 23,329 (2020)

Ireland: #140 7,858 (2021)
                                        Ireland: #198 5,506 (2020)

Canada: #142 41,852 (2021)
                                        Canada: OUT (2020)

Norway: #148 12,839 (2021)
                                        Norway OUT (2020)

Switzerland: #189 7,437 (2021)
                                        Switzerland: OUT (2020)

UK: #194 55,312 (2021)
                                        UK: OUT (2020)

Last edited by belmont; Sun November 28, 2021, 16:40.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/chartmastersorg/...631776266?s=21

Comment

• Taylor Swift Has Outsold Britney Spears According To Chart Masters she is coming for Barbara Streisand Too

Comment

• Originally posted by BritneyMadonnastan View Post
                                              Taylor Swift Has Outsold Britney Spears According To Chart Masters she is coming for Barbara Streisand Too
                                              Congratulations to Taylor she’s doing amazing.

Taylor had already outsold Britney in pure sales (record sales alone) LOONG time ago though. Taylor has sold like 220M records and is like the 3rd or 4th biggest selling female artist of all time (only behind Madonna, Rihanna and Celine). Britney has sold 185M records.

Now back to Britney.

Comment

• Spotify Top Daily Artists (November 27th)

#52 - Denmark
                                                #101 - Finland
                                                #101 - Ireland
                                                #111 - Austria
                                                #118 - United Kingdom
                                                #123 - Germany
                                                #135 - Canada
                                                #140 - Hungary
                                                #148 - Australia
                                                #162 - Norway
                                                #164 - Sweden
                                                #170 - Belgium
                                                #174 - Poland
                                                #175 - Singapore
                                                #187 - Switzerland
                                                #191 - Israel
                                                #192 - United States
                                                #193 - Philippines
                                                #199 - Slovakia

Comment

• Hi guys, I am new here I am from India and a fan of Britney

Comment

• Originally posted by Eugine View Post
                                                    Hi guys, I am new here I am from India and a fan of Britney
                                                    Welcome bestie!
                                                    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

Working...
                                                    X