X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coddiecollins
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post
    Well unlikely but I am just surprised that all the increased streaming has not translated to any chart appearances in the US, when it has done in other countries. You also have to wonder what chance does a new project have of doing anything decent if all the streaming she is getting now does not result in any traction for a GH in the US. I definitely expected it to reappear. Maybe I had unrealistic expectations, just seeing it do so well in the UK I guess.
    She had an increase for her standards.. I mean she is still starting Around 150# on the artists streaming chart of course is not enough since she doesnt have any other boost on sales or radio ...

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied
    Gimme More received 422,130 streams on Spotify yesterday

Leave a comment:

• heyoverthere
    replied
    So no entry for Britney on the Billboard 200 this week either, I really had expected her GH to chart on the low end amidst all this publicity she has been getting. I am slightly concerned seeing as she has been charting in the UK and Canada.
    Again this passive aggressiveness out of nowhere lmao... Maybe if you paid attention to the stuff that is being posted here you would notice that she had better weeks in the US in February/March when she got streams in the 13-14M region and that wasn't enough either. Whereas now she's below that even though she's gaining again.

Most streamed pre-2000 female artists last week on United States (Feb 12 | Feb 18)
    14.6M — Britney Spears
    11.3M — Mariah Carey
    10.4M — Shakira

Most streamed pre-2000 female artists last week on United States (Mar 26 | Apr 01)
    12.7M — Britney
    12.1M — Mariah
    11.2M — Shakira

Leave a comment:

• MyDecember
    replied
    Well unlikely but I am just surprised that all the increased streaming has not translated to any chart appearances in the US, when it has done in other countries. You also have to wonder what chance does a new project have of doing anything decent if all the streaming she is getting now does not result in any traction for a GH in the US. I definitely expected it to reappear. Maybe I had unrealistic expectations, just seeing it do so well in the UK I guess.
    It will be interesting to see how a new project of hers will be received, it could go really well or just fade into nothing.. I’m sure she’s generated enough goodwill amongst Gen Z to even warrant streaming new material.

Leave a comment:

• pedrolabre
    replied
    ^ yeah you had unrealistic expectations

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied
    I’m sure she’s crying herself to sleep over that.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    So no entry for Britney on the Billboard 200 this week either, I really had expected her GH to chart on the low end amidst all this publicity she has been getting. I am slightly concerned seeing as she has been charting in the UK and Canada.

Leave a comment:

• pedrolabre
    replied
    Originally posted by ksg22 View Post

Maybe with all the news around Britney this year the younger generation will check out Glory and make it happen. You never know. "Matches" is still doing 80k a day so that could be discovered by someone, or I could see songs like DYWCO or Slumber Party being on tiktok.
    true... Glory has many songs with big potential to go viral on Tik Tok, they just need the right push

Do You Wanna Come Over
    Slumber Party
    Change Your Mind
    Private Show
    If Im Dancing
    Clumsy

Britney needs a non single track smashing on Tik Tok as well

Leave a comment:

• ksg22
    replied
    Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post
    I would actually love if a song from Glory went viral since at this point it’s her only album without a remembered song.
    Maybe with all the news around Britney this year the younger generation will check out Glory and make it happen. You never know. "Matches" is still doing 80k a day so that could be discovered by someone, or I could see songs like DYWCO or Slumber Party being on tiktok.

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    I don’t know if anyone has posted that already but according to Kworb "Gimme More" had its biggest month on YouTube last month (since it was reuploaded in 2009) with 3.8 million views.

Leave a comment:

• Enzolorenzo
    replied
    I would actually love if a song from Glory went viral since at this point it’s her only album without a remembered song.

Leave a comment:

• coddiecollins
    replied
    Originally posted by Enzolorenzo View Post
    Tik Tok boosts are usually a bit permanent. Just look at Criminal. It went viral in 2019 and it’s doing 150k daily with 0 playlist support
    Let's make work bitch viral...

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied

The only one gaining even if it’s only a bit

Leave a comment:

• Enzolorenzo
    replied
    Tik Tok boosts are usually a bit permanent. Just look at Criminal. It went viral in 2019 and it’s doing 150k daily with 0 playlist support

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied

It's totally possible. I remember checking "Promiscuous" by Nelly Furtado and it was getting like 700k+ daily streams after going viral. And has probably gained an extra 100M in total that it wouldn't have got otherwise. I don't use TikTok so I don't know just "how viral" Promiscuous is but it's crazy how many sales it drove.
    Promiscuous still gets 600K+ daily streams (3rd biggest female song from the 00s) so I'm hoping for a long term effect for Gimme More as well.

Leave a comment:

• ksg22
    replied
    Originally posted by coddiecollins View Post

How is promiscuous is doing now? Is it still holding up?
    I haven't checked the exact numbers lately but yes it is still doing really well. The boost seems permanent at this point.

Leave a comment:

• coddiecollins
    replied

It's totally possible. I remember checking "Promiscuous" by Nelly Furtado and it was getting like 700k+ daily streams after going viral. And has probably gained an extra 100M in total that it wouldn't have got otherwise. I don't use TikTok so I don't know just "how viral" Promiscuous is but it's crazy how many sales it drove.
    How is promiscuous is doing now? Is it still holding up?

Leave a comment:

• ksg22
    replied
    Originally posted by Instinct View Post
    398K on a Tuesday 400K coming tomorrow for sure! Huge numbers. Imagine this overtakes Toxic.

Leave a comment:

• coddiecollins
    replied
    Daily streams (Apr. 6)
    Toxic – 503,184
    Gimme More – 398,691
    Oops!...I Did It Again – 367,471
    Scream & Shout – 311,776
    Baby One More Time – 303,314
    Womanizer – 258,112
    Criminal – 152,698
    Circus – 148,784
    Work Bitch – 127,104
    I'm a Slave 4 U – 108,589
    If U Seek Amy – 93,779

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied

398K on a Tuesday 400K coming tomorrow for sure! Huge numbers. Imagine this overtakes Toxic.

Leave a comment:

• pedrolabre
    replied

How is that compared to others though? Doesnt taylor katy gaga rihanna shakira have songs in three different decade.

Well obviously katy rihannan havenr released anything this decade...its only taylor ..i don't know if u can count rain on me for this decade or the previous one
    Gaga is very close, but Rain on Me is not 1B yet

didnt check out, but pretty sure Shakira has billion songs only in 2000s and 10s decade

Taylor is not even close with her 2020 songs

yeah britney is probably the first female artist

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied

How is that compared to others though? Doesnt taylor katy gaga rihanna shakira have songs in three different decade.

Well obviously katy rihannan havenr released anything this decade...its only taylor ..i don't know if u can count rain on me for this decade or the previous one
    2020 is this decade.
    Katy and Gaga have released new music this decade.

Leave a comment:

• coddiecollins
    replied
    Originally posted by pedrolabre View Post
    BOMT has now +1B across youtube and spotify

Last edited by coddiecollins; Wed April 7, 2021, 08:52.

Leave a comment:

• pedrolabre
    replied
    BOMT has now +1B across youtube and spotify

Leave a comment:

Working...
X