Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instinct
    replied
    I think "Piece Of Me" has a pretty big chance at becoming her highest grossing show

01. Britney: Piece of Me / May 03 - 20 / 9 shows / $5,855,011 - 37,712/ 40,541 tickets

$650,556 per show + 30 remaining shows = $19,500,000 + $115,846,603 gross to date = $135,346,603. "The Circus Starring Britney Spears" grossed $131,800,000.

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied
    I agree. I really think Adele is #8 with over 20 million and Britney is #9 with 18 million. #10 is either Gloria or Diana imo. I'm pretty sure Britney has outsold Gloria in every European country except Spain and the Netherlands.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    ^ Yep and it makes sense, there's no really reason for artists like Diana or Gloria to be bigger than Britney in any continent (except for Gloria in Latin America). There's nothing wrong with them, but Diana in parcticular was rarely an huge album seller.

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied
    I believe Gloria's numbers are too high. The numbers here add up to 16,850,000 (as of 2007)

http://fanofmusic.free.fr/index.php?m=C ... riaEstefan

She has only released two albums since then, and both of them bombed hard

Miss Little Havana
    Chart (2011) Peak
    Position
    US Billboard 200[8] 28
    Mexican Albums (Top 100 Mexico)[9] 27
    Spanish Albums (PROMUSICAE)[10] 93

The Standards
    Charts (2013) Peak
    position
    Netherlands Albums Chart[21] 72
    Spanish Albums Chart[22] 13
    UK Albums Top 75[23] 66
    Billboard 200[24] 20

Realistically speaking, she should be around 17-17.5 million. And Diana Ross also seems way too high

http://fanofmusic.free.fr/index.php?m=C ... =DianaRoss

The numbers here add up to 13,910,000 (though some countries are missing for some albums, I don't think it's enough to give her an extra 6 million).

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by stevyy
    Originally posted by Wayne

My list, posted a couple of years ago...

01. Madonna - 75m albums
    02. Céline Dion - 60m albums
    ----- ^ Both acts are in the top 10 of all-time overall acts in Europe, Madonna is probably in the top 5 -----
    03. Whitney Houston - 40m albums
    04. Tina Turner - 32m albums
    05. Barbra Streisand - 30m albums
    06. Mariah Carey - 28m albums
    07. Tracy Chapman - 24m albums
    08. Diana Ross - 20m albums
    09. Gloria Estefan - 18m albums
    10. Britney Spears - 18m albums
    Adele will probably be at around 20 MILLION in Europe. ++ According to MJD Mariah is at 29,3 MILLION.
    I think Gloria is at 17m and Diana is rounding 18m tho. I wish MJD estimated them.

Leave a comment:

• stevyy
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne

01. Madonna - 75m albums
    ----- ^ Both acts are in the top 10 of all-time overall acts in Europe, Madonna is probably in the top 5 -----
    Adele will probably be at around 20 MILLION in Europe. ++ According to MJD Mariah is at 29,3 MILLION.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by Instinct
    BRITNEY: PIECE OF ME" is #01 on Billboard's Current Boxscore, grossing $5,855,011 with 9 shows & 37,712 tickets sold (93%)
    Cool.

$115million total gross so far.

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied
    BRITNEY: PIECE OF ME" is #01 on Billboard's Current Boxscore, grossing $5,855,011 with 9 shows & 37,712 tickets sold (93%)

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by LiamPayne
    Europe started to move on from Britney during FF era right?
    It depends on the market. Majority of Europe moved on during "Femme Fatale" era except for markets like France, Sweden, Portugal, etc.

Leave a comment:

• LiamPayne
    replied
    Oh wow. Thanks for all the answer about Europe sale comparison. Britney might have been outsold by those legends but she sold more than anyone from her peers and she is the youngest on that list too.

Brit Awards better honor Britney with a lifetime achievement award just like what Billboard did.

Europe started to move on from Britney during FF era right?

Leave a comment:

• CelinetoBarbra
    replied
    Originally posted by MrLeonix
    ^ Can't wait for MJD to debunk and destroy those inflated Diana Ross numbers.
    She sold over 50 million, at least

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    They are his numbers...

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Wayne
    replied
    Im sorry if this has been posted or answered before but how do Britney albums and single sales compare to other female artists in Europe?

01. Madonna - 75m albums

Adele will be in there now as well - and Britney will probably still be #10 as she's had Glory whereas Estefan has had nothing.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    MJD has done his final Britney update for Oceania + Africa markets.

Oceania stats remained mostly the same. We now have South African estimates tho:

South Africa

Baby one more time - 125,000
    Oops I did it again - 75,000
    Britney - 25,000
    In the zone - 35,000
    Greatest hits: My Prerogative - 75,000
    Blackout - 20,000
    Circus - 25,000
    The singles collection - 12,500

Up until 2009 it seemed a consistent market for her, "Circus" sold as much as "Britney" (2001).

He didn't include "Femme Fatale", "Britney Jean", "Glory" and other compilations. I guess "Femme Fatale" must have sold a similar amount to "The Singles collection" over there, while "Britney Jean" and "Glory" likely sold bellow 5K.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Im sorry if this has been posted or answered before but how do Britney albums and single sales compare to other female artists in Europe?
    She actually did pretty good, some female legends like Madonna and Celine are on a much superior league in Europe, however Britney exceeded most of her direct peers in Europe.

The UK

In the UK, from 2000-2009 she registered 17 top 10 singles (The most Top 10s for any female in the decade) and she also sold the most singles during the decade in UK from what I know. So we can conclude Britney was UK's biggest female Hitmaker of the 2000s decade.

---

FRANCE

There are other European countries where her career is even more impressive and simply in another level compared to her peers like its the case of France.

Take this as an example, according to 'MjDangerous', Beyonce and Christina Aguilera have sold 755,000 and 400,000 albums respectively over the course of their entire careers in France, they seem quite bellow and far away compared to the 2,700,000 units Britney's albums have sold there.

To put one particular example of her career dimension in France, we can look into this:

"Britney" (2001 album) sales in France = 415,000
    Christina Aguilera's total career album sales in France = 400,000

---

GERMANY:

In Germany Britney and P!nk were the only females from that generation that achieved blockbuster success in that country. Christina's top selling album in Germany sold 425,000 and Beyonce's top seller sold 350,000 there. Britney has two albums that are close to the 1million mark in Germany.

Britney was also the Biggest female Hitmaker of the 2000s decade in Germany with 14 Top 10 hits registered between 2000-2009.

---

Overall Britney has sold more albums in Europe than any other female from her generation.
    -

Leave a comment:

• weare
    replied
    Originally posted by samo
    Originally posted by weare
    She's the best selling single artist of the last decade in UK, so probably in EU as well.

This decade possibly belong to one of them; Rihanna, Katy perry, Taylor Swift and Adele.
    Holy Cow! She ruled 00s.
    It was either Britney or Madonna as the best selling singles artist in the UK during the 2000s

I know that Madonna was the biggest selling female artist in terms of album sales in the UK in the 2000s. The third straight decade that Madonna was the biggest selling female albums artist in the UK.
    She is the selling album female artist in US, while single in UK.
    That's more than impressive.

PS.During Digital sales boom, new artist like Rihanna, Lady gaga and Taylor Swift could beat Britney and other legends' sales easily (in term of records sales). but in Streaming era, nobody can beat that.

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussio ... and-albums

From MusicWeek,

01 EMINEM 4,592,127 (not including a further 563,130 as a featured artist, and not including a further 723,240 with D12)
    02 WESTLIFE 4,551,712
    03 BRITNEY SPEARS
    04 BLACK EYED PEAS 4,224,350
    05 GIRLS ALOUD
    06 MADONNA
    07 RIHANNA
    08 WILL YOUNG 3,532,410
    09 SUGABABES
    10 BEYONCE
    11 LEONA LEWIS
    12 ROBBIE WILLIAMS
    13 PINK
    14 KYLIE MINOGUE
    15 LADY GAGA 2,952,097
    16 S CLUB 7
    17 MICHAEL JACKSON
    18 OASIS
    19 TAKE THAT
    20 GARETH GATES
    21 ATOMIC KITTEN
    22 KINGS OF LEON
    23 NELLY
    24 COLDPLAY
    25 AKON
    26 KANYE WEST
    27 ELVIS PRESLEY
    28 PUSSYCAT DOLLS
    29 SHAGGY
    30 CHRISTINA AGUILERA
    31 MARIAH CAREY
    32 SHAKIRA
    33 JENNIFER LOPEZ
    34 U2
    35 KILLERS
    36 RONAN KEATING
    37 CRAIG DAVID
    38 JAY-Z
    39 ENRIQUE IGLESIAS
    40 DESTINY'S CHILD
    41 50 CENT
    42 ALEXANDRA BURKE
    43 JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE
    44 NICKELBACK
    45 MCFLY
    46 LILY ALLEN
    47 USHER
    48 NELLY FURTADO
    49 SHAYNE WARD
    50 SNOW PATROL

Leave a comment:

• samo
    replied
    She's the best selling single artist of the last decade in UK, so probably in EU as well.

This decade possibly belong to one of them; Rihanna, Katy perry, Taylor Swift and Adele.
    Holy Cow! She ruled 00s.
    It was either Britney or Madonna as the best selling singles artist in the UK during the 2000s

I know that Madonna was the biggest selling female artist in terms of album sales in the UK in the 2000s. The third straight decade that Madonna was the biggest selling female albums artist in the UK.

Leave a comment:

• LiamPayne
    replied

Holy Cow! She ruled 00s.

Leave a comment:

• weare
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LiamPayne
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    ^
    That leaves "Britney Jean" as her only album without a positive chart achievement right?, "Work Bitch" is among her most streamed songs tho.
    Britney Jean was No.1 in Taiwan and stayed in Top 10 for several weeks?
    I doubt that BJ was her first #1 there, so nothing new for her ......... Does that country even have an official chart anyway? ...

Leave a comment:

• LiamPayne
    replied
    ^
    That leaves "Britney Jean" as her only album without a positive chart achievement right?, "Work Bitch" is among her most streamed songs tho.
    Britney Jean was No.1 in Taiwan and stayed in Top 10 for several weeks?

Leave a comment:

• chenrus
    replied
    Did MJD miss Columbia House sales for "Oops... I did it again" ?

Baby:
    SS 10.6 M + BMG 1.6M + CH 2M =14.2M

Oops:
    SS 9.22M + BMG 1.2M +CH ?? =10.5M

Oops sold only 0.08M via CH??? Thats ridiculous.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by Instinct
    Definitely. I believe Britney Jean is the only album of hers that failed to outsell her previous in any country. Even Glory outsold Britney Jean in Brazil and quite possibly Italy (maybe some other countries too).

Britney Jean is also her only studio album to miss the top 10 in Germany, France, Australia, Ireland, and Austria, as well as her only studio album to miss the top 3 in the USA and the top 5 in Canada. I consider "Britney Jean" the biggest bomb of her career in every aspect.
    So rather that something good "Britney Jean" meant all the "Bad" / all time low chart stats for Britney's career. Litarally its her only album that didn't achieve anything.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X