Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts


  • Every song increased

    Comment


    • 12 songs with 100K streams. We love to see it.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Instinct View Post
        12 songs with 100K streams. We love to see it.
        She sees a downfall on Sundays and Mondays right?

        Comment


        • Freakshow crossed 8M

          Comment


          • Originally posted by britneylinda View Post

            She sees a downfall on Sundays and Mondays right?
            Yes, those two are the worst days for streaming.


            Comment



            • Toxic Pony is #60 on US iTunes

              Comment


              • With regards to radio airplay does the song currently have 1.6 million audience? That’s what AI is?

                Comment


                • Also up to 74 in the uk

                  Comment




                  • I‘m so confused about the other version

                    Comment


                    • Collecting from chartsinfrance

                      Female artists who sold at least 30 million albums in US (estimations)

                      • Barbra Streisand - 95 million
                      • Mariah Carey - 72.65 million
                      • Madonna - 72.3 million
                      • Celine Dion - 62.3 million
                      • Whitney Houston - 60.3 million
                      • Reba Mcentire - 55.2 million
                      • Linda Ronstadt - 45.5 million
                      • Shania Twain - 45.5 million
                      • Janet Jackson - 43.5 million
                      • Britney Spears - 40.7 million
                      • Taylor Swift - 38 million
                      • Dixie Chicks - 34.7 million
                      • Enya - 33.4 million

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Choley View Post
                        Collecting from chartsinfrance

                        Female artists who sold at least 30 million albums in US (estimations)

                        • Barbra Streisand - 95 million
                        • Mariah Carey - 72.65 million
                        • Madonna - 72.3 million
                        • Celine Dion - 62.3 million
                        • Whitney Houston - 60.3 million
                        • Reba Mcentire - 55.2 million
                        • Linda Ronstadt - 45.5 million
                        • Shania Twain - 45.5 million
                        • Janet Jackson - 43.5 million
                        • Britney Spears - 40.7 million
                        • Taylor Swift - 38 million
                        • Dixie Chicks - 34.7 million
                        • Enya - 33.4 million
                        Won't she be at 40.9 or 41 soon considering 200k update came from the latest soundscan numbers or have you included those? Insane to see how much domination Britney did considering how much market collapsed after 2001! Easily could've done 45M+ if not for the conservatorship.

                        Comment


                        • Quite different from billboard numbers lol good old club sales

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by heyoverthere View Post

                            lol that's not the right version... Idk who started buying this one. Is the official version also charting?
                            https://youtu.be/VJR8a9meE4o It has hundreds of thousands of streams on YouTube and was released (auto-generated) August 12. We need to divert attention to the official one.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by esswein View Post
                              from Pulse:

                              -- 48 ALTEGO/BRITNEY SPEARS/GINUWINE Toxic Pony 261 0 261 1.661
                              +70 Spins
                              +70 Bullet
                              +0.410 Audience
                              What is bullet?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by mitchuzu@gmail.com View Post
                                https://youtu.be/VJR8a9meE4o It has hundreds of thousands of streams on YouTube and was released (auto-generated) August 12. We need to divert attention to the official one.
                                It's under off topic nothing can be done, comments are always off for these kind of channels only RCA or creator can ask them to take it down.

                                Comment


                                • britneylinda

                                  Estimations from before that.

                                  Also i think the Britney album could've been sold like 7 million in the US without that radio ban
                                  Last edited by Choley; Sun January 23, 2022, 20:05.

                                  Comment



                                  • Toxic Pony

                                    iTunes:
                                    #1 Argentina
                                    #16 Brazil
                                    #17 Czech Republic
                                    #30 Denmark
                                    #49 United States
                                    #59 Australia
                                    #71 United Kingdom

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by Choley View Post

                                      Estimations from before that.

                                      Also i believe the Britney album coul've been sold like 7 million in US without that radio ban.
                                      So she's at 40.9M then 41M this year if she doesn't release anything!

                                      You are right, nobody could sell 5M+ during a market collapse that too without radio ban only Britney it would've done much better if clear channel deal wasn't the issue.

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by Choley View Post
                                        britneylinda

                                        Estimations from before that.

                                        Also i think the Britney album could've been sold like 7 million in the US without that radio ban
                                        Really? I doubt it. Regardless of the ban or not people knew the singles from Britney in the US. Im Not a Girl was very popular. Britney also did a lot of US promotion. Thats not including Crossroads. Boys was in Austin Powers. I think what caused Britney to sell less was it was far more sexual. Im a Slave 4 U surely turned a lot of people off especially younger fans. There was also probably Britney fatigue. It was her third album in a row.

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by Angeman View Post
                                          Really? I doubt it. Regardless of the ban or not people knew the singles from Britney in the US. Im Not a Girl was very popular. Britney also did a lot of US promotion. Thats not including Crossroads. Boys was in Austin Powers. I think what caused Britney to sell less was it was far more sexual. Im a Slave 4 U surely turned a lot of people off especially younger fans. There was also probably Britney fatigue. It was her third album in a row.
                                          Fair point you kept here, but somehow I think it would've done at least a little better if not 7M sure she did insane promotions but DWAD tour bundling was a miss and radios were very important but then it's just a theory.

                                          Comment


                                          • No huge sellers came out of 2001 for some reason, despite being the peak in album sales overall (at least in the US).

                                            Best selling global sellers per IFPI/Billboard

                                            1. Dido - No Angel - 8.6M
                                            2. Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory - 8.5M
                                            3. Destiny's Child - Survivor - 7.8M
                                            4. Shaggy - Hotshot - 7.2M
                                            5. Britney Spears - Britney - 7M
                                            6. Jennifer Lopez - J Lo - 6.8M
                                            7. Alicia Keys - Songs in a Minor - 6.7M
                                            8. Enya - A Day Without Rain - 6.6M
                                            9. NSYNC - Celebrity - 6.5M
                                            10. Staind - Break the Cycle - 5.6M

                                            It ended up as the third biggest female album released in 2001, and it's not even that far behind the top two sellers.

                                            Comment


                                            • Youtube views increased a lot this year. Yesterday:

                                              ...Baby One More Time - 309,524
                                              Toxic - 214,456
                                              Scream & Shout - 198,968
                                              Oops!...I Did It Again - 145,685
                                              Gimme More - 129,952
                                              Sometimes - 109,838
                                              Womanizer - 104,705
                                              New peak in 2022 with 3.911M streams on Youtube on 1/21. Note that 'Toxic' was doing 50-60k and 'Womanizer' 15-22k last year

                                              Comment


                                              • Idk, maybe 9/11 also caused a shift in 2001 and after the attacks in the fall, people didn't really want to hear sexual/sensual songs on the radio like Slave... There might be exceptions ofc, idk which songs exactly became hits around that time. Just my theory.

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by Angeman View Post

                                                  Really? I doubt it. Regardless of the ban or not people knew the singles from Britney in the US. Im Not a Girl was very popular. Britney also did a lot of US promotion. Thats not including Crossroads. Boys was in Austin Powers. I think what caused Britney to sell less was it was far more sexual. Im a Slave 4 U surely turned a lot of people off especially younger fans. There was also probably Britney fatigue. It was her third album in a row.
                                                  Yup,her sexually image damaged her sales too but i think airplay could've been introduce her new sound to more mature audience.Urban-pop was the thing back then.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                                                    No huge sellers came out of 2001 for some reason, despite being the peak in album sales overall (at least in the US).

                                                    Best selling global sellers per IFPI/Billboard

                                                    1. Dido - No Angel - 8.6M
                                                    2. Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory - 8.5M
                                                    3. Destiny's Child - Survivor - 7.8M
                                                    4. Shaggy - Hotshot - 7.2M
                                                    5. Britney Spears - Britney - 7M
                                                    6. Jennifer Lopez - J Lo - 6.8M
                                                    7. Alicia Keys - Songs in a Minor - 6.7M
                                                    8. Enya - A Day Without Rain - 6.6M
                                                    9. NSYNC - Celebrity - 6.5M
                                                    10. Staind - Break the Cycle - 5.6M

                                                    It ended up as the third biggest female album released in 2001, and it's not even that far behind the top two sellers.
                                                    According to industry experts overall sales decline began in 2001.Interestingly though 2002 had some big albums like Come Away With Me and The Eminem Show

                                                    Also Britney was the fourth biggest female album i think

                                                    Laundry Service and Missundaztood sold 13 million Alicia's debut sold 12,6 million and Britney sold 12 million

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X