Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by heyoverthere View Post
    Idk, maybe 9/11 also caused a shift in 2001 and after the attacks in the fall, people didn't really want to hear sexual/sensual songs on the radio like Slave... There might be exceptions ofc, idk which songs exactly became hits around that time. Just my theory.
    You are right on the money.

There's this podcast called The Original Doll where they do interviews with songwriters, producers, etc, and on one occasion they had this guy who worked on the radio back then and he said 9/11 was a bigger dealbreaker than the radio ban.

She debuted I'm a Slave 4 U at the VMA's literally five days before 9/11, and there was a huge shift in what people wanted to listen to.

Comment

• Next songs to hit 100M:

99,490,824 - (You Drive Me) Crazy
      98,214,975 - Piece of Me
      94,009,993 - Lucky

Comment

• Hoping toxic passes 1.2 million in the uk by February

Comment

• Originally posted by Choley View Post

Yup,her sexually image damaged her sales too but i think airplay could've been introduce her new sound to more mature audience.Urban-pop was the thing back then.
          Even Self-Titled singles choices were bery based on the urban trend

Im A Slave 4 U
          Overproctected Darkchild Remix
          Boys Feat. Pharrel

the lack of airplay did hurt the sales for sure

Comment

• Radio might have helped it go to 5 million or 5.5 at best in the US but not a whole 3 million more. It was also released in November so it was always going to drop off in sales starting in January.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post
              Radio might have helped it go to 5 million or 5.5 at best in the US but not a whole 3 million more. It was also released in November so it was always going to drop off in sales starting in January.
              It actually did sell over 5 million unless you mean Soundscan only (which in that case would be closer to 6 million overall).

But yes, I do think 3 million more is a reach.

Comment

• Originally posted by belmont View Post
                Youtube views increased a lot this year. Yesterday:

New peak in 2022 with 3.911M streams on Youtube on 1/21. Note that 'Toxic' was doing 50-60k and 'Womanizer' 15-22k last year
                Where does it show daily total YT views? I only see peak views for an individual video.

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                  It actually did sell over 5 million unless you mean Soundscan only (which in that case would be closer to 6 million overall).

But yes, I do think 3 million more is a reach.
                  Well i was going off wikipedia saying 4.4 million by 2015.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post

Well i was going off wikipedia saying 4.4 million by 2015.
                    4.4M (Soundscan) and almost 600K through Sony BMG.

Comment

• Though I know it's a reach but I do see 'Toxic' taking over 'All the things she said' at least for sometime

Comment

• Comment

• Good Jump in Canada

Comment

• Mediabase CHR/Pop Top 50 Chart
                            44 +4 ALTEGO/BRITNEY SPEARS/GINUWINE Toxic Pony 325 +64 325 +64 2.036 +0.375

Comment

• Toxic doing great, Toxic Pony stable

Comment

• I like the radio update too 40 here we come

Comment

• Great numbers

Comment

• Y'all think it can chart? I don't know but I am feeling it

Also, iTunes update?

Comment

• Originally posted by britneylinda View Post
                                      Y'all think it can chart? I don't know but I am feeling it

Also, iTunes update?
                                      No, streams are way to low

Comment

• I honestly don’t care if it charts or not (it won’t). It’s a remix of a 18 year old song. It’s just nice to have another song pulling good numbers.

Comment

• Didn't Frozen charted under Dance club songs or something for Billboard? Maybe Toxic Pony also, but I am so happy to see it's actually not stealing anything away from Toxic original in fact increasing It and getting boost from Toxic Pony also

Comment

• Originally posted by britneylinda View Post
                                            Didn't Frozen charted under Dance club songs or something for Billboard? Maybe Toxic Pony also, but I am so happy to see it's actually not stealing anything away from Toxic original in fact increasing It and getting boost from Toxic Pony also
                                            I'm not sure it can chart there as the Pony instrumental is not Dance/Electronic. Maybe R&B/Hip Hop is more realistic.

Comment

• Originally posted by LostAvenger View Post

I'm not sure it can chart there as the Pony instrumental is not Dance/Electronic. Maybe R&B/Hip Hop is more realistic.
                                              Thank you, I am just becoming greedy and unable to see Toxic is actually growing even more along with Toxic Pony

Comment

• Toxic biggest song of 2000s soon I feel

Comment

• Lucky video on YouTube crossed 150M making her 16th video to surpass this milestone

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                                    X