Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by pedrolabre View Post
    Britney playlisting is awful

    This is shameful. Other fan bases are always complaining about their faves having awful playlist reach, but less than 70M editorial reach is just awful given how great her daily streams are.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by britneylinda View Post
      ^ What is editorial playlisting means?
      Spotify editorial playlists are playlists on Spotify that are curated by Spotify's music experts and genre specialists. Each playlist usually revolves around a theme such as a genre, sub-genre, mood, or even particular activities like working or running

      Originally posted by InFamous View Post
      I wasnt aware that soundscan counted streams.
      soundscan started to track streaming for Billboard back in 2007 with AOL and Yahoo services

      https://www.billboard.com/music/musi...reams-1050326/

      Comment


      • Of course SoundScan does. They've been doing it since before 2013.

        The Sales Plus Streaming figure includes digital single sales, streaming and video views. It added up to 17k in equivalent single sales that week.

        I've been posting SPS figures due to a fellow chart fan. Look in the Madonna, Cher, Prince, Cyndi Lauper and Celine Dion threads.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by thebigham View Post
          Of course SoundScan does. They've been doing it since before 2013.

          The Sales Plus Streaming figure includes digital single sales, streaming and video views. It added up to 17k in equivalent single sales that week.

          I've been posting SPS figures due to a fellow chart fan. Look in the Madonna, Cher, Prince, Cyndi Lauper and Celine Dion threads.
          And every post is immensely appreciated! Whenever you can, ask for the SPS units for ...Baby One More Time (the song). We know it's at 1.4 million physical units sold. Thanks in advance!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by thebigham View Post
            Of course SoundScan does. They've been doing it since before 2013.

            The Sales Plus Streaming figure includes digital single sales, streaming and video views. It added up to 17k in equivalent single sales that week.

            I've been posting SPS figures due to a fellow chart fan. Look in the Madonna, Cher, Prince, Cyndi Lauper and Celine Dion threads.
            Ok like chill. I thought soundscan only counted actual sales.
            I mean you didnt know about the 100 min rule for double albums the other day so sometimes things can go under the radar
            " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
            Baby maybe you're the problem "

            Comment


            • Toxic Pony was just added to two big playlists

              #7 on Viral Hits (2M followers)
              Personalized on Party Hits (4M followers)

              11.5M playlist reach atm

              Comment


              • D*mn .. so “Toxic” is nearly going Platinum every year? Diamond will be closer than I ever imagined

                Sometimes it’s hard to believe that song is so massive, it is currently the 2nd biggest female song of the 00s based on daily streams. Insane.
                Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                Comment


                • Originally posted by InFamous View Post

                  Ok like chill. I thought soundscan only counted actual sales.
                  I mean you didnt know about the 100 min rule for double albums the other day so sometimes things can go under the radar
                  C'mon. Don't be like that. This is uncalled for.

                  I do know about the 100 minute rule. All I said is that we do not know if the RIAA still enforces it.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by thebigham View Post

                    C'mon. Don't be like that. This is uncalled for.

                    I do know about the 100 minute rule. All I said is that we do not know if the RIAA still enforces it.
                    And all I said was that I didnt know soundscan counted streams !
                    " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                    Baby maybe you're the problem "

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                      D*mn .. so “Toxic” is nearly going Platinum every year? Diamond will be closer than I ever imagined

                      Sometimes it’s hard to believe that song is so massive, it is currently the 2nd biggest female song of the 00s based on daily streams. Insane.
                      Indeed. It'll hit 6M SPS in the US within a few months and it's about to reach 1.2M (2x Platinum) in the UK, going Silver every year there. A true global smash.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                        Indeed. It'll hit 6M SPS in the US within a few months and it's about to reach 1.2M (2x Platinum) in the UK, going Silver every year there. A true global smash.
                        So …. UK smash, US smash, Global Smash, Spotify Smash, Apple Music Smash, massive legacy, Grammy Award, Critical Acclaim, One of the Greatest Songs Of All Time According to RS and NME …. And now Future safe Diamond?

                        D*mm
                        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

                        Comment


                        • With toxic huge success on the streaming service is it safe to say IN The Zone surpassed Britney?
                          (in total?)

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by And then we kiss View Post
                            With toxic huge success on the streaming service is it safe to say IN The Zone surpassed Britney?
                            (in total?)
                            It will of course surpass 'Britney' album total SPS units.

                            Comment


                            • Just for peers comparison Beyonce in my believe gets 6M+ streams everyday and I presume she has much more singles then Britney not to mention she also did fantastic work during 2010s, Britney on an average gets 4.5M with horrible Editorial playlisting if I compare these numbers to someone like Taylor Swift or Ariana Grande of course these numbers look small not to mention they have projects out under the streaming era. Thinking and seeing everything 4.5M really isn't bad seeing Beyonce gets 6M+ and she indeed had a hit under streaming era as well and have done a lot of features.

                              Comment


                              • Is Toxic her biggest song then or is BOMT still ahead in overall consumption?
                                " And i think you should take a second just to look at your reflection
                                Baby maybe you're the problem "

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                                  Is Toxic her biggest song then or is BOMT still ahead in overall consumption?
                                  It apparently sold 10M+ copies in pure sales alone although Chartmasters has it much lower than that... Either way I think it's still ahead because it's also doing amazing on streaming.

                                  Comment


                                  • Originally posted by heyoverthere View Post

                                    It apparently sold 10M+ copies in pure sales alone although Chartmasters has it much lower than that... Either way I think it's still ahead because it's also doing amazing on streaming.
                                    It did, even Jive before Sony and even Sony has quoted it multiple time, CM numbers are heavily wrong on the but anyway I think Toxic will surpass every B's song sooner or later in consumption

                                    Comment


                                    • TUESDAY UPDATE:


                                      mediabase chr pop top chart
                                      41 ALTEGO/BRITNEY SPEARS/GINUWINE Toxic Pony 363 0 363 2.177

                                      Today she is just outside the top 40

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by Fabrizio View Post
                                        TUESDAY UPDATE:


                                        mediabase chr pop top chart
                                        41 ALTEGO/BRITNEY SPEARS/GINUWINE Toxic Pony 363 0 363 2.177

                                        Today she is just outside the top 40
                                        Nice!

                                        Comment


                                        • I wonder if Womanizer already surpassed Scream & Shout digital sales, i want her biggest digital song to be solo

                                          Comment


                                          • ^ I wonder do Scream and shout still sells? I do think Womaziner does.

                                            Comment



                                            • belmont will blackout cross 700M mark this year?

                                              Comment


                                              • 'The Hook Up' now has over 9M streams on Spotify this album is such a smash

                                                Comment


                                                • Found this from 'Gavin Report' https://worldradiohistory.com/Archiv...2000-04-01.pdf

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by pedrolabre View Post
                                                    I wonder if Womanizer already surpassed Scream & Shout digital sales, i want her biggest digital song to be solo

                                                    Toxic, which is far and away her biggest catalog hit, only sold 5K copies between July 29, 2021 and January 14, 2022, so maybe not yet. Digital sales are completely dead. Most likely this year though, depending on their recurrent sales.


                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X