No announcement yet.

Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Toxic” is the 6th biggest female song of the entire 2000s decade (and the biggest one pre-2005).

Funny how back in 2000-2005 we got massive female hits like “Crazy In Love”, “Whenever Wherever”, “Hung Up”, “Since U Been Gone”, “We Belong Together”, “Can’t Get You Out Of My Head”, “Complicated”, “Lady Marmalade” and a bunch of other #1 songs yet “Toxic” is the one doing better than all of them in 2022

The fact that is even doing better than some masisve late 00s songs like “Poker Face”, “Tik Tok”, “Bad Romance”, “Bleeding Love”, “I Kissed A Girl”, “Hot And Cold” or any late 00s Taylor Swift single is stunning too.
    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Let us not underestimate Gimme More

Comment

• Originally posted by britneylinda View Post
        Let us not underestimate Gimme More
        That one too. It’s progressively becoming a powerhouse.

“Toxic”, “Baby One More Time”, “Oops I Did It Again”, “Gimme More” and “Womanizer” are her Top 5 ultimate solo songs based on daily streams + total streams + chart performance + relevance

Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Toxic Pony was added to "Hits du Moment" on Spotify, a pretty big French playlist with 1.9M followers. I guess because it's been getting tons of airplay there.

Comment

• On another note I can’t believe “Criminal” is currently one of her Top 10 biggest songs.

And this is isn’t new, this has been going on since like 2017 or something, it’s been going for a while now. Whoever made or whenever that song went viral it seems like the effect was long lasting and basically permanent.

As of 2022, “Criminal” continues to be one of her Top 10 career songs on streaming platforms (even bigger than “Slave”).

Great to see though. “Criminal” is probably among her most different sounding singles as it’s less dance-y and more calmed acoustic guitar driven approach compared to her usual releases and definitely her most organic sounding single post-2010. I’m glad the song stood up.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
              On another note I can’t believe “Criminal” is currently one of her Top 10 biggest songs.

And this is isn’t new, this has been going on since like 2017 or something, it’s been going for a while now. Whoever made or whenever that song went viral it seems like the effect was long lasting and basically permanent.

As of 2022, “Criminal” continues to be one of her Top 10 career songs on streaming platforms (even bigger than “Slave”).

Great to see though. “Criminal” is probably among her most different sounding singles as it’s less dance-y and more calmed acoustic guitar driven approach compared to her usual releases and definitely her most organic sounding single post-2010. I’m glad the song stood up.
              I've always loved Criminal and even voted for it to become a single on that Facebook poll. Britney seemed to to be very excited about it and the video was all her idea and concept, so I'm glad it ended up becoming the defining song from Femme Fatale.

The video is also on its way to reach 200M views on YouTube (currently 184M) despite being blocked for years.

Comment

• Really special seeing Criminal standing the test of time and being the most memorable song of that era tbh.

But still mad fans / people actually voted for that song to be a single Inside Out was there, waiting

Inside Out would’ve slayed til now as well.

Comment

• I’m very happy for criminal becoming one of her popular song but the good side in this streaming era is that anysong of her can become viral be on her top 10
                  (justice for iwg, hiam, matm, mp and every time)

Comment

• Whatever we oldies say about TikTok but it's the most relevant platform for pop music now, I saw 'Enchanted' by Taylor Swift doing 700k+ daily streams while it was just 100K+ before, TikTok can do wonders for old pop songs really. Britney has more than 5B views and she has 2 songs audio over 1B+ 'Toxic' and 'Criminal' on that platform. FreeBritney has been long over and her streams haven't slowed down which we all expected, seeing all this I am sure TikTok loves her music and more songs will continue to go viral when the time is right.
                    Criminal is a fantastic song, I mean I love it and a very different single offering from Britney this song stood the test of time and shows once again how little charts contribute to replay value for general public.

Comment

• "Toxic Pony"
                      Feb. 23 - 366,337
                      Feb. 24 - 349,497
                      Feb. 25 - 379,003
                      Feb. 26 - 410,693
                      Feb. 27 - 359,863
                      Feb. 28 - 371,281
                      Mar. 1 - 381,327
                      Mar. 2 - 383,068
                      Increasing

---
                      Monthly Listeners: 25,584,833 (+36,086)
                      Daily Listeners: 2,380,322 (+43,905)
                      Monthly Listeners Rank: #111(+1)
                      Top Artists Global: #150(+6)
                      Increasing everyday
                      Last edited by britneylinda; Thu March 3, 2022, 17:56.

Comment

• Daily streams (Mar. 2)
                        Toxic - 567.4K
                        Gimme More - 429.8K
                        Toxic Pony - 383.1K
                        ...Baby One More Time - 331K
                        Oops!...I Did It Again - 320.7K
                        Scream & Shout - 317.6K
                        Womanizer - 261.3K
                        Circus - 202.4K
                        Criminal - 142.5K
                        Work Bitch - 124.2K
                        I'm a Slave 4 U - 106.3K
                        If U Seek Amy - 105K
                        Sometimes - 74.7K
                        Till The World Ends - 62.3K Remix - 6.6K
                        Stronger – 62.1K
                        Lucky - 61.8K I
                        Wanna Go - 61.5K
                        (You Drive Me) Crazy - 59K
                        Piece Of Me - 54.2K
                        Everytime - 52.1K
                        3 - 49.2K
                        Overprotected - 36.5K

Total of 4.55M daily streams on Spotify from all credits (Mar. 2)
                        Last edited by britneylinda; Thu March 3, 2022, 19:18.

Comment

• Toxic is coming for 550M views - 54,98,63,516 views exactly

Comment

• Britney has surpassed 6.5B streams on Spotify across all credits.

Total of 4.55M daily streams on Spotify from all credits (Mar. 2)

Comment

• I've seen it live too

Comment

• Toxic Pony

iTunes:
                                #8 Moldova
                                #17 Australia

Shazam:
                                #9 Australia
                                #32 France
                                #72 Canada
                                #74 Denmark
                                #142 Belgium

for Toxic Pony make into the Australia Spotify Weekly Top 200 it needs something like 225/230k streams (10% of current global streams)

would be cute if the song charted there

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                                  I've always loved Criminal and even voted for it to become a single on that Facebook poll. Britney seemed to to be very excited about it and the video was all her idea and concept, so I'm glad it ended up becoming the defining song from Femme Fatale.

The video is also on its way to reach 200M views on YouTube (currently 184M) despite being blocked for years.
                                  Wait…. Criminal was blocked?

Comment

• Originally posted by InFamous View Post

I didnt say anything about her overall playlisting. I spoke specifically about the playlisting for the song Toxic

Fun fact: Back in 2004 in this week Toxic was number 1 on the Hot Digital Sales chart with 9.4k sold. A classic in the making from Day 1.
                                    Too bad digital sales didn’t count until 2005 (what a legendary year ) otherwise it would have been an easy top 5, maybe top 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                      “Toxic” is the 6th biggest female song of the entire 2000s decade (and the biggest one pre-2005).

Funny how back in 2000-2005 we got massive female hits like “Crazy In Love”, “Whenever Wherever”, “Hung Up”, “Since U Been Gone”, “We Belong Together”, “Can’t Get You Out Of My Head”, “Complicated”, “Lady Marmalade” and a bunch of other #1 songs yet “Toxic” is the one doing better than all of them in 2022

The fact that is even doing better than some masisve late 00s songs like “Poker Face”, “Tik Tok”, “Bad Romance”, “Bleeding Love”, “I Kissed A Girl”, “Hot And Cold” or any late 00s Taylor Swift single is stunning too.
                                      just a correction, Love Story is teachincally doing better than Toxic it's just that its streams are being divided by the original and the rerecorded version it's pulling ~680k across those two versions daily (Love Story the original used to do 550k-600k back in 2020 the new version lowered the value of the original song basically to 1/2 of its actual consumption).

but again you can argue that Love Story is a hit from an artist that's still releasing very successful work right now and that gives attention to her older work.

what's safe to say is that in terms of 00's hits Toxic undoubtedly stood the test of time exceptionally well. especially in comparison to songs released before '05

Comment

• Originally posted by wowsignal14 View Post

just a correction, Love Story is teachincally doing better than Toxic it's just that its streams are being divided by the original and the rerecorded version it's pulling ~680k across those two versions daily (Love Story the original used to do 550k-600k back in 2020 the new version lowered the value of the original song basically to 1/2 of its actual consumption).

but again you can argue that Love Story is a hit from an artist that's still releasing very successful work right now and that gives attention to her older work.

what's safe to say is that in terms of 00's hits Toxic undoubtedly stood the test of time exceptionally well. especially in comparison to songs released before '05
                                        Unfortunately that doesn't count. Taylor decided to re record them noone else and did so specifically so they would not count together..so Britney gets this accolade.
                                        " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
                                        Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• to be fair, if we gonna combine rerecordings we should put Toxic Pony numbers on the table too

much can be argue, but in the end the versions will never be counted together for certifications or charts

Comment

• I'm not suggesting we should combine and use it as official data. just saying that technically Love Story is getting more streams. and no it's not comparable to Toxic Pony since that is a remix. Love Story 2008 and Love Story (Taylor's Version) are two identical tracks with the same arrangement, instrumental and length. they're the same exact song, seperated by the fact that the later is owned by another entity than the first and thus aren't combined by Spotify, charts or certs. since the function of charts is to inform labels how their releases are performing not songwriters.

Comment

• Originally posted by wowsignal14 View Post
                                              I'm not suggesting we should combine and use it as official data. just saying that technically Love Story is getting more streams. and no it's not comparable to Toxic Pony since that is a remix. Love Story 2008 and Love Story (Taylor's Version) are two identical tracks with the same arrangement, instrumental and length. they're the same exact song, seperated by the fact that the later is owned by another entity than the first and thus aren't combined by Spotify, charts or certs. since the function of charts is to inform labels how their releases are performing not songwriters.
                                              It's made to seem like it's just a Toxic remix in this thread, Pony is 50% of the song which is a huge song in it's own right (easily one of the biggest ongoing songs of that time) not that I've seen one person acknowledge that here, Toxic and Love Story are definitely completely different cases, agreed.

Toxic has great ongoing streams, Toxic Pony isn't taking away streams from that song, Love Story clearly is seeing as there are two basically identical versions out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15

Toxic Pony is mixed with another very successful song so of course you can't combine them, it's not like it's just a remix of Toxic, Pony is also a very successful song and helping Toxic Pony's performance not that anyone here has acknowledged that. Love Story is the exact same song, with the same structure and lyrics, it's very different.
                                                Toxic Pony is outstreaming Pony on Spotify

While Toxic is outstreaming both Toxic pony and Pony combined

so yes, Pony is a successful song and it’s helping, but Toxic is still the major reason for the song success

in the end the Taylor Versions are considered new songs by the industry + this is not a topic that should be discussed here

Toxic as a 2000 song is doing better than Love Story 2000s version, period

Comment

• Love Story vs. Toxic is a very random comparison. And Toxic Pony is definitely not 50% Pony. Britney has most of the vocals on the song.

Comment

• Originally posted by pedrolabre View Post

Toxic Pony is outstreaming Pony on Spotify

While Toxic is outstreaming both Toxic pony and Pony combined

so yes, Pony is a successful song and it’s helping, but Toxic is still the major reason for the song success

in the end the Taylor Versions are considered new songs by the industry + this is not a topic that should be discussed here

Toxic as a 2000 song is doing better than Love Story 2000s version, period
                                                    Songs not by Britney are compared to her songs on basically every page . . . . the post at the top of this page literally has 10 other female artists mentioned . . .

Comment

Working...
                                                    X