No announcement yet.

Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Oops is 11x Platinum and Britney 5x Platinum but other than that, I agree.

Comment

• ^Yeah I know, but what I think is that Oops did 9.2+1.2M without Columbia so what I don't think it did like only 600K at Columbia (it must've done easily over 1M there as well) though it was a much bigger house this album with just pure sales is 11x minimum so don't you think with all SPS and vinyls boost over the years it can be least of 12x? I am not saying it sure is, but I think it's not that far fetched.
      Because Baby and Oops are not that far off when it comes to SPS.

With Britney if you see - 4.4M + 0.5M = 4.9M even if we take 0.5 for Columbia = 5.4M units a least but I don't think this album is capable of moving 600K units with SPS though. So 5M for Britney sounds doable.
      Last edited by britneylinda; Sun March 27, 2022, 17:08.

Comment

• Wow at Criminal i was expecthing something between 700-800k.Like it or not Femme Fatale era was big

Comment

• Originally posted by britneylinda View Post
          ^Yeah I know, but what I think is that Oops did 9.2+1.2M without Columbia so what I don't think it did like only 600K at Columbia (it must've done easily over 1M there as well) though it was a much bigger house this album with just pure sales is 11x minimum so don't you think with all SPS and vinyls boost over the years it can be least of 12x? I am not saying it sure is, but I think it's not that far fetched.

With Britney if you see - 4.4M + 0.5M = 4.9M even if we take 0.5 for Columbia = 5.4M units a least but I don't think this album is capable of moving 600K units with SPS though. So 5M for Britney sounds doable.
          That's the thing about Oops. We don't know Columbia House sales and MJD makes the assumption that it didn't sell as well as BOMT because it wasn't as advertised as much, but I think that's an exaggeration. Highly doubt she went from selling 2M+ with BOMT to less than 50K with Oops.

He has the album at 10.5M in the US. 9,267,000 as of July 2021 + 1,210,000 at Sony BMG as of February 2003 = 10,477,000. He's basically assuming it didn't sell a thing, and that's not even taking shipments into account like he does with every other album.

We know for a fact it was already 10x Platinum eligible by late 2001, despite the fact it wasn't officially certified until 2005:

But since it was "only" certified 10x Platinum in 2005, it's safe to say it wasn't much higher than that but anywhere between 10-10.9M.

Comment

• Yeah, I read this on the forum before making a account and I really don't take MJD numbers seriously now after doing some self research moving on OIDIA was definitely under certified though, while what you are saying makes sense but certifications aren't always 100% true and with OIDIA album that is the exact same case.
            Now the major thing is that did her Jive now RCA kept track of her Columbia house sales etc to even account all of this but with proper knowledge this album at Columbia just cannot sell 600K if you think about it, Baby was a monster there is no reason for OIDIA for not to be one factoring in this album set the highest 1st week record for any female for the first time so this album was a monster as well. And it's not like MJD knows for sure this album wasn't advertised much he's just making an assumption but not a fair one in this case.

The estimations for Columbia makes sense at least for me, they can definitely factor in Columbia sales of it after all these years also right? If they do then this album can jump to 12x don't you think?

Comment

• britneylinda IMO The “Britney” album under any circumatances is eligible to a 6x Platinum certification. It is eligible to 5x Platinum even on pure sales alone (after you add the club sales) but with low streams and low singles sales it’s impossible for it to go higher than that.

Your other numbers estimations seem accurate but if her label ever decides to count all the units to her GH:MP or TSC albums her studio albums will be screwed.
              Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
              Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Yeah, that's what I think so too if her compilations comes in between then it's over

As you also said and Instinct as well I also don't think Britney album is 6x until and unless it really did like 800K at Columbia = 4.4 + 0.5+0.8 = 5.7M on pure sales so then this can be 6x but I doubt.

But to me OIDIA can be 12x to closing 13x because if this one did 1.2M just at BMG it must've done even higher at Columbia no reason I can see for it not to be. Even if we take same 1.2M figure for Columbia then also it's 11.6M just on pure sales this album is 100% 12x under any circumstances.

The only factor I see as Instinct posted, it was certified in 2005 without factoring in those Columbia sales but if her new team works smartly for once and RCA kept track of those sales or her new team does this for her, OIDIA jumping to 12x would be insane for her. Hurts to see this album was sitting pretty at 10x after a year and they certified it in 2005

Comment

• Britney's biggest songs in the US (SPS)

Toxic — 5,610,000
                  Womanizer — 5,050,000
                  Circus — 4,543,000
                  Till the World Ends — 3,656,000
                  Gimme More — 3,027,000
                  3 — 2,825,000
                  ...Baby One More Time — 2,796,000
                  Oops!...I Did It Again — 2,501,000
                  Piece of Me — 2,361,000
                  I Wanna Go — 2,220,000
                  If U Seek Amy — 2,025,000
                  Hold It Against Me — 1,864,000
                  I'm a Slave 4 U — 1,331,000
                  Criminal — 1,114,000
                  Everytime — 1,038,000
                  Me Against the Music — 519,000

With physical sales..

Toxic — 5,622,000
                  Womanizer — 5,050,000
                  Circus — 4,543,000
                  ...Baby One More Time — 4,208,000
                  Till the World Ends — 3,656,000
                  Gimme More — 3,027,000
                  3 — 2,825,000
                  Oops!...I Did It Again — 2,558,000
                  Piece of Me — 2,361,000
                  I Wanna Go — 2,220,000
                  If U Seek Amy — 2,025,000
                  Hold It Against Me — 1,864,000
                  I'm a Slave 4 U — 1,363,000
                  Criminal — 1,114,000
                  Everytime — 1,044,000
                  Me Against the Music — 579,000

Missing Work Bitch and Scream & Shout. Wonder what song is next Make Me? Break the Ice? I think Stronger is Platinum eligible as well factoring physicals + SPS.

Comment

• You guys watch Break the ice being platinum, I'm here telling you before Mr. Bigham

Comment

• Baby One More Time - 15x
                      • Oops..I did it again sold 1.2M at BMG + 9.2M on Soundscan + Columbia house (which I even take 600K though that's not possible because Columbia was always a bigger house) = 11M this album if ever re-certified with all singles/SPS added can notch up to 12M-13M in between.
                      • Britney - 5x-6x or can be 6x - at BMG is did 588,00 (Maybe 700K at Columbia)
                      • In The Zone - 4x
                      • Blackout - 2x (or very close)
                      • Circus - 3x
                      • Femme Fatale - 2x (or very close)
                      • Britney Jean (Gold)
                      • Glory (Crickets)
                      With almost no estimations of Columbia - Britney eligible certifications can easily be 42-44M with sole studio albums, compilations one are even more. When are they gonna certify her
                      i dont think Columbia was bigger than BMG in the 2000s decade

Columbia basically collapsed in 2001 and was bought by BMG in 2005 and turned in DVD retail only

Comment

• ^Yes by the time Britney album days Columbia house seeing a bad time but they were still doing decent though, and B's first and second album are just a year apart there is no way this album would drop under a million there if you think about it.
                        Last edited by britneylinda; Sun March 27, 2022, 19:14.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyoverthere View Post

Coming for 2x Platinum in a few years.

I'm honestly not mad at TSC slaying but I wish ITZ and Britney would go 2x Platinum too. But with only the album tracks counting, it will be a VERY slow process. Especially for Britney.
                          I have hope for ITZ , it will go. 2x one day but it deserves 8x

Comment

• Daily streams (Mar. 26)
                            Toxic - 605.4K
                            Gimme More - 429.5K
                            Scream & Shout - 396.6K
                            ...Baby One More Time - 358.1K
                            Oops!...I Did It Again - 341K
                            Toxic Pony - 338.5K
                            Womanizer - 269.4K
                            Circus - 203.4K
                            Criminal - 136.4K
                            Work Bitch - 115.8K
                            If U Seek Amy - 105.1K
                            I'm a Slave 4 U - 100.8K
                            Sometimes - 71.1K
                            (You Drive Me) Crazy - 63.8K
                            I Wanna Go -“ 63.1K
                            Lucky - 62.8K
                            Stronger - 62.7K
                            Till The World Ends - 58.8K Remix - 4.5K
                            Piece Of Me - 54K
                            Everytime - 46.7K
                            3 - 44.2K

+

Total - 4.597M
                            Last edited by britneylinda; Sun March 27, 2022, 21:04.

Comment

• Doubt post
                              Last edited by britneylinda; Sun March 27, 2022, 21:03.

Comment

• Triple Post, I don't know what happened it just got posted thrice.
                                Last edited by britneylinda; Sun March 27, 2022, 21:04.

Comment

• Top 30 Songs on Spotify (All Versions)
                                  (March 26th 2022)

o1. 747,763,963 - Toxic*
                                  o2. 503,867,852 - Scream & Shout
                                  o3. 491,952,910 - Baby One More Time
                                  o4. 490,156,489 - Oops! I Did It Again
                                  o5. 357,676,941 - Womanizer
                                  o6. 320,617,647 - Gimme More
                                  o7. 253,479,020 - Work Bitch
                                  o8. 213,058,693 - Circus
                                  o9. 203,955,078 - My Only Wish (This Year)
                                  10. 150,524,196 - Criminal
                                  11. 146,320,428 - Till the World Ends
                                  12. 141,386,885 - I'm a Slave 4 U
                                  13. 128,358,880 - Make Me
                                  14. 118,173,954 - Sometimes
                                  15. 115,152,702 - If U Seek Amy
                                  16. 111,774,529 - I Wanna Go
                                  17. 107,226,155 - Everytime
                                  18. 105,943,949 - Stronger
                                  19. 104,947,877 - Piece of Me
                                  20. 103,179,352 - You Drive Me Crazy
                                  21. 97,784,068 - Lucky
                                  22. 81,730,270 - 3
                                  23. 73,511,600 - Pretty Girls
                                  24. 71,581,355 - Slumber Party
                                  25. 63,923,329 - Hold It Against Me
                                  26. 57,452,193 - Overprotected
                                  27. 48,803,396 - Radar
                                  28. 48,567,787 - Me Against the Music
                                  29. 48,352,045 - Break the Ice
                                  30. 42,979,984 - I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman

*Toxic Pony is not included.

Comment

• altego delayed their new single to May 5th… by then Toxic Pony should be doing 200k at best so no boost expected

Comment

• The way Scream and Shout would've been 500M+ if they just combined the streams but oh well

Comment

• ^ plus i wonder if the song would appear on her Popular tracks

since the Radio Edit is on her page in the compilation The Essential Britney Spears

Comment

• The Scream & Shout situation is annoying, tbh. Britney should definitely be credited as a lead on Spotify. The single cover says will.i.am AND Britney Spears. She sings the opening verse and the whole chorus - not to mention the "Britney, bitch" part which essentially makes the song. It's not just a random 30 second cameo.

will.i.am also said the song was successful because of Britney, but it is what it is.

Comment

• ^ And this is Will I Am biggest song on streaming platforms, it's safe to say Britney made this one a hit so nice of Will to acknowledge it but this Spotify mess is real while she is credited under Apple Music as a featured artist
                                            Last edited by britneylinda; Mon March 28, 2022, 18:12.

Comment

• While there is no video or any sort of other promotion to be excepted out of Britney it's safe to say Toxic Pony has seen it's peak now apart from RCA making it official they haven't done anything else for it and makes sense also why should they.
                                              So, we are now officially back to under 4M updates for Sundays now.

--
                                              @britneyspears received total of 3.93M streams on Spotify from all credits (Mar. 27)

Comment

• I personally don't believe Twitter chart accounts, but Britney one looks fine - 47M+ for albums rest singles, while what I don't understand is that how Mimi can have 148M eligibility still, or they are just talking about overall (updated + non-updated)
                                                Last edited by britneylinda; Tue March 29, 2022, 15:23.

Comment

I personally don't believe Twitter chart accounts, but Britney one looks fine - 47M+ for albums rest singles
                                                  109M is too high.

Based on the numbers up for eligibility we have the following.

Confirmed by TheBigham:

Baby One More Time - 4x Platinum
                                                  Oops I Did It Again - 2x Platinum
                                                  I’m A Slave 4 U - 1x Platinum
                                                  Me Against The Music - Gold
                                                  Toxic - 5x Platinum
                                                  Everytime - 1x Platinum
                                                  Gimme More - 3x Platinum
                                                  Piece Of Me - 2x Platinum
                                                  Womanizer - 5x Platinum
                                                  Circus - 4x Platinum
                                                  If U Seek Amy - 2x Platinum
                                                  3 - 2x Platinum
                                                  Hold It Against Me - 1x Platinum
                                                  Till The World Ends - 3x Platinum
                                                  I Wanna Go - 2x Platinum
                                                  Criminal - 1x Platinum

Already certified accurately (no update needed):

From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart - 1x Platinum
                                                  S&M Remix - Gold
                                                  Make Me - 1x Platinum

Figures not provided by TheBigham / Estimates:

Sometimes - Gold?
                                                  (You Drive Me) Crazy - Gold?
                                                  Lucky - Gold?
                                                  Stronger - 1x Platinum?
                                                  My Only Wish (This Year) - Gold
                                                  Overprotected / INAGNYAW - Are they even eligible for anything? Gold each maybe?
                                                  My Prerogative - Gold
                                                  Do Somethin - Gold
                                                  Break The Ice - 1x Platinum?
                                                  Radar - Gold?
                                                  Scream & Shout - 5x Platinum?
                                                  Work Bitch - 2x Platinum?
                                                  Pretty Girls - Gold?

Songs that are not eligible for anything IMO:

Born To Make You Happy
                                                  Don’t Let Me Be The Last To Know
                                                  I Love Rock N Roll
                                                  Boys
                                                  Outrageous
                                                  Someday (I Will Understand)
                                                  Ooh La La
                                                  Perfume
                                                  Slumber Party

54M up for certification from singles … Maximum!
                                                  Last edited by MrLeonix; Tue March 29, 2022, 16:08.
                                                  Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                                  Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Yes, but Mr Bigham one are under Soundscan tabulation, like BOMT has more YT views coming from U.S as reported by Billboard same for Toxic etc so under RIAA it'll be a little higher we can also say like 1-2M extra but overall you are right 109M is a little steep, more like 104M+ type. Thank you for clarifying

--

Good to see, she adapted well onto the digital era hence her single sales are good for a late 90s artist hope one day we all can see updates quite an achievement for her 100M+ units just from USA.
                                                    Last edited by britneylinda; Tue March 29, 2022, 15:59.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X