No announcement yet.

Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm very curious about Sometimes / (You Drive Me) Crazy / Lucky / Stronger. I think they all have potential to reach Platinum in a not so distant future (with Stronger already being there, most likely).

Most of these stan chart accounts are always inflating sales so it's hard to take them seriously. Every song is Diamond eligible according to them. Selena Gomez selling 300M records WW teas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
      I'm very curious about Sometimes / (You Drive Me) Crazy / Lucky / Stronger. I think they all have potential to reach Platinum in a not so distant future (with Stronger already being there, most likely).
      I think only “Stronger” would be eligible for Platinum. “Sometimes” should be extremely close.
      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Last edited by britneylinda; Tue March 29, 2022, 16:30.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

I think only “Stronger” would be eligible for Platinum. “Sometimes” should be extremely close.
          These are the digital sales for all of them as of July 2021:

Lucky: 418,000
          Stronger: 411,000
          (You Drive Me) Crazy: 409,000
          Sometimes: 178,000

Sometimes is by far the weakest because it was extremely forgotten up until a few years ago, but with streaming that should definitely change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
            These are the digital sales for all of them as of July 2021:

Lucky: 418,000
            Stronger: 411,000
            (You Drive Me) Crazy: 409,000
            Sometimes: 178,000

Sometimes is by far the weakest because it was extremely forgotten up until a few years ago, but with streaming that should definitely change.
            Sometimes’ streams on Spotify and Youtube wipe the floor with “Lucky” and “Crazy”.
            Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Can’t with how much streaming helped sometimes (the real bop from the 90’s)
              watch it become gold in Denmark and Italy as well
              (crazy could never)

Comment

• Originally posted by And then we kiss View Post
                Can’t with how much streaming helped sometimes (the real bop from the 90’s)
                watch it become gold in Denmark and Italy as well
                (crazy could never)
                118M on Spotify
                238M on YouTube
                The way this song has more streams then some smash hit lead singles of other female releases from this decade is something very telling, Sometimes recovered from BOMT smash 

Last edited by britneylinda; Tue March 29, 2022, 17:28.

Comment

• YEAR END CHART: BILLBOARD 200

1999: #2
                  2000: #17

2000: #4
                  2001: #28

2001: #118
                  2002: #8

2004: #8

2007: #138
                  2008: #85

2009: #6

2011: #31

2014: #74

2016: #172

Comment

• Glory deserved better, don't care for the Myah mix tape

Comment

• Originally posted by britneylinda View Post
                      Glory deserved better, don't care for the Myah mix tape
                      When you have a lead single with a big budget David LaChapelled music video shot and a stunning photosoot ready for the album cover and then you screw and shelve that in order to release a cr*p music video as replacement and a tacky screenshot as the album cover and then after releasing the album you don’t release a new second single for 4 months and then you just drop everything …. You will get the results you deserve.

This was her team’s fault though. Britney had no say on anything from the promotion, presentation and marketing campaign perspective during her abussive and now dissolved Conservatorship. The campaign for this album was a ruined mess.

I’m glad they eventually re-released the album with a brand new and much better cover though.

Comment

• Yeah I know, she was shouting backstage with her dad regarding this Make Me disagreement. Didn't deserve the literal photoshoot cut out from some random cover and to be put out on a studio album. They did her dirty.

Comment

• Originally posted by britneylinda View Post
                          Yeah I know, she was shouting backstage with her dad regarding this Make Me disagreement. Didn't deserve the literal photoshoot cut out from some random cover and to be put out on a studio album. They did her dirty.
                          David LaChapelle later said that the music video got shelved because “Britney didn’t like it” and we should respect her as an artist. But knowing what we know now about Britney’s C-ship (that we didn’t know back then) It’s obvious that this was her team screwing everything just because THEY didn’t think it was good .. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was just another staged act from her team like “Tell LaChapelle you didn’t like the video” or something like that. Back in the day dancers, photographers, celebrities, writers, etc would be told that Britney wasn’t available or that she didn’t want to see them / work with them. Many of them are telling how they would be told Britney was not for them and they would believe it because like how would anyone normal would imagine her team would be making all that sh*t up while keeping her as a slave in a corrupted C-ship that seemed like a story coming directly from a “Black Mirror” episode right???

The music video and photoshoot had a lot of symbolism like chains and cages, it was very obvious Britney was trying to project a message and symbolism in her music and visuals and all of that was screwed. Her team literally spit on all of that.

Getting that screenshot album cover and that re-shot music video was one of the most ridiculous and insulting things they could have done.
                          Last edited by MrLeonix; Tue March 29, 2022, 23:24.

Comment

• "Toxic Pony" has surpassed "Boys (The Co-Ed Remix)" in total streams on Spotify.
                            39. Toxic Pony – 22,153,078 (+289,866)
                            40. Boys (The Co-Ed Remix) – 22,130,455 (+8,305)

Comment

• Get those 2 sales

Comment

• "Slumber Party" needs less than 500,000 views to reach 100 million on YouTube. Les gooooo!
                                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• "Blackout" surpassed the streams from Sara Bareilles album "Little Voice" on Spotify and is now the 19th most streamed 2007 album at the platform

--

Scream & Shout need now less than 5 million streams to surpass the 500 million mark on Spotify, so stream

Comment

• Criminal has now over 150M streams on Spotify

Comment

• Daily streams (Mar. 30)

Toxic – 528.8K
                                      Gimme More – 401.7K
                                      Scream & Shout – 368.7K
                                      ...Baby One More Time – 309.5K
                                      Oops!...I Did It Again – 309.2K
                                      Toxic Pony – 301.7K
                                      Womanizer – 259.3K
                                      Circus – 200.7K
                                      Criminal – 136.5K
                                      Work Bitch – 117.2K
                                      If U Seek Amy – 106.5K
                                      I'm a Slave 4 U – 98.6K
                                      Sometimes – 73.3K
                                      I Wanna Go – 63.4K
                                      (You Drive Me) Crazy – 63.1K
                                      Stronger – 62.7K
                                      Lucky – 62.4K
                                      Till The World Ends – 59.5K Remix – 4.3K
                                      Piece Of Me – 53.5K
                                      Everytime – 50.5K
                                      3 – 43.7K

https://twitter.com/britneyxspotify/...rq2kgSmj9fJNYw

Comment

• We need to stream (save) IAS4U so it can stay at 100k Daily.

Glory + Britney album singles with IAS4U from various Britney GHits albums to bolster streams -

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0Q...0077085262f63a
                                        Last edited by mitchuzu@gmail.com; Fri April 1, 2022, 05:52.

Comment

• Lucky is less than 2M streams away for 100M milestone, so why aren't you guys steaming

Comment

• Most streamed 90's female songs on Spotify

1.Mariah Carey - All I Want for Christmas Is You - 1,146,703,291
                                            2.Britney Spears - Baby One More Time - 490,409,623
                                            3.Whitney Houston - I Will Always Love You - 480,975,660
                                            4.Natalie Imbruglia - Torn - 455,510,905
                                            5.Celine Dion - My Heart Will Go On - 404,636,914
                                            6.Cher - Believe - 367,161,478
                                            7.Faith Evans - I'll Be Missing You - 366,861,790
                                            8.Shania Twain - Man! I Feel Like A Woman - 329,748,469
                                            9.Shania Twain - You're Still The One - 301,823,716
                                            10.Whitney Houston - I Have Nothing - 300,297,433
                                            11.Alanis Morissette - Ironic - 298,255,530
                                            12.Lauryn Hill - Doo Woop (That Thing) - 281,580,264
                                            13.Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me - 276,327,405
                                            14.Mariah Carey - Always Be My Baby - 259,332,578
                                            15.Christina Aguilera - Genie In a Bottle - 248,730,881
                                            16.Macy Gray - I Try - 245,042,695
                                            17.Sinead O'Connor - Nothing Compares 2 U - 219,336,030
                                            18.Celine Dion - It's All Coming Back to Me Now - 204,948,919
                                            19.Toni Braxton - Unbreak My Heart - 194,302,309
                                            20.Mariah Carey - Fantasy - 191,072,205
                                            21.Mariah Carey - Hero - 187,657,408
                                            22.Celine Dion - The Power of Love - 175,717,475
                                            23.Mariah Carey - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) - 173,844,599
                                            24.Madonna - Vogue - 171,030,352
                                            25.Selena - Amor Prohibido - 167,943,164
                                            26.Shakira - Inevitable - 167,440,624
                                            27.Shakira - Antologia - 166,053,627
                                            28.Shania Twain - That Don't Impress Me Much - 162,779,542
                                            29.Mariah Carey - Without You - 161,455,014
                                            30.Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason - 160,123,529
                                            31.Selena - Como La For - 157,334,143
                                            32.Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know - 151,388,953
                                            33.Sarah McLachlan - Angel - 146,311,344
                                            34.Donna Lewis - I Love You Always Forever - 143,143,719
                                            35.Shakira - Ciega,Sordomuda - 142,523,810
                                            36.Leann Rimes - How Do I Live - 141,057,085
                                            37.Meredith Brooks - B!tch - 139,197,418
                                            38.Lauryn Hill - Ex Factor - 137,421,590
                                            39.Shania Twain - Any Man Of Mine - 133,934,201
                                            40.Whitney Houston - My Love Is Your Love - 132,778,268
                                            41.Erykah Badu - On & On - 131,027,156
                                            42.Mariah Carey - One Sweet Day - 127,753,738
                                            43.Brandy & Monica - The Boy Is Mine - 126,681,580
                                            44.Annie Lennox - Walking on Broken Glass - 124,756,050
                                            45.Sheryl Crow - All I Wanna Do - 124,282,147
                                            46.Alanis Morissette - Hand in My Pocket - 120,815,688
                                            47.Joan Osborne - One Of Us - 118,831,279
                                            48.Britney Spears - Sometimes - 118,449,170
                                            49.Selena - Bidi Bidi Bom Bom - 115,130,466
                                            50.Des'ree - You Gotta Be - 113,680,611
                                            51.Sarah Brightman - Time To Say Goodbye - 113,668,419
                                            52.Tina Turner - Proud Mary '93 - 112,388,019
                                            53.Selena - Dreaming Of You - 108,453,805
                                            54.Selena - El Chico Del Apartamento - 107,741,090
                                            55.Shania Twain - From This Moment On - 107,132,539
                                            56.Shakira - Estoy Aqui - 106,592,310
                                            57.Jennifer Lopez - If You Had My Love - 106,337,057
                                            58.Celine Dion - All By Myself - 105,855,217
                                            59.Janet Jackson - Together Again - 105,470,055
                                            60.Faith Hill - This Kiss - 104,637,620
                                            61.Mariah Carey & Whitney Houston - When You Believe - 103,992,584
                                            62.Celine Dion - Beauty and the Beast - 104,000,000
                                            63.Celine Dion - Happy Xmas (War Is Over) - 103,695,074
                                            64.Selena - Si Una Vez - 101,339,819

Most Entries

Mariah Carey - 8
                                            Celine Dion - 7
                                            Selena - 6
                                            Shania Twain - 5
                                            Whitney Houston,Shakira - 4
                                            Alanis Morissette - 3

^All versions combined except remixes and live versions.Feel free to correct if someone's missing

Gosh!That was challenging

Comment

• ^ The fact that “Baby One More Time” (song) has more streams on Spotify than Juggernaut evergreen hits like “I Will Always Love You” and “My Heart Will Go On” is insane.

”I Will Always Love You” is literally one of the biggest and most famous female songs ever made yet “Baby One More Time” is ahead. Massive legacy.

The fact that BOMT is basically the #1 Normal / non-christmas female song from the entire 90s … Timeless classic

Comment

• Greatest Debut by critics for a reason

Comment

• She set the world on fire with Bomt tbh
                                                  Last edited by Choley; Sun April 3, 2022, 09:39.

Comment

• ^Where is the lie?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X