Britney has the most entries

Here's the full list

Spoiler!

-from pure charts-

Comment

• UK Album Charts

83 (-1) TSC 67 weeks

Comment

• Can it be? It has decent streams including the remix and views.

Comment

• Originally posted by britneylinda View Post
          Can it be? It has decent streams including the remix and views.
          IMO it isn’t yet.
          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by Choley View Post
            Best selling female albums released in 00's

2- Britney Spears - Oops I Did It Again - 22 million
            13- Britney Spears - Britney - 12 million
            35- Britney Spears - In The Zone - 8 million
            38- Britney Spears - Greatest Hits My Prerogative - 7 million

Here's the full list

Spoiler!

-from pure charts-
            what's the source?

Comment

• Originally posted by Choley View Post
              Best selling female albums released in 00's

2- Britney Spears - Oops I Did It Again - 22 million
              13- Britney Spears - Britney - 12 million
              35- Britney Spears - In The Zone - 8 million
              38- Britney Spears - Greatest Hits My Prerogative - 7 million

Here's the full list

Spoiler!

-from pure charts-
              I was told ITZ Did 10m ?

Comment

• Finland (Airplay)

97 (98) (You Drive Me) Crazy
                Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• Sadly we don’t have recent info about those albums but I do believe ITZ is over 10 million pure and MP over 8 million….
                  the first was the eighth best selling of 2003 (month after the album release and before toxic and everytimes impact)
                  the latter was selling well even after years since it’s released and did 3,6 millions only from uk us and Japan….

Comment

• There's no way In the Zone did 10M pure. It was the 8th best selling album of 2003 with around 5M sold, per the IFPI. It didn't make the Top 50 in 2004 (#50 sold around 2M). GH:MP killed its catalog sales so, 7.5M at best imo (actually closer to 7M).

Comment

• I’ve seen many sources that claim it has sold 10 million probably the sales were inflated…( as I’ve said we don’t really have a recent official source about the albums sales)
                      with streams is it safe to say it surpassed the 10 million mark?

Comment

• Originally posted by And then we kiss View Post
                        with streams is it safe to say it surpassed the 10 million mark?
                        It really just depends on the mythology you use. There's not an official way to do it like in the US for example, where 1500 streams equal to 1 album sale.

But going by the ChartMasters CSPC method, the album is at 13M.

Comment

• Biggest gain: Toronto 166,215 listeners (+7,511)

New peak in London (432,083 monthly listeners)
                          Last edited by britneylinda; Mon May 9, 2022, 06:54.

Comment

• Originally posted by luan View Post

what's the source?
                            Mostly Mediatraffic

Comment

• Found this, now I firmly can say Jive meaning of records = albums

This is from Teens People magazine.

Comment

• ^ Her schedule was insane btw omg
                                Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Comment

• I still love that “Everytime” had more success than “Toxic” in Germany back in 2004 that was really unusual.

Comment

• New peak in London (433,224 listeners)
                                      Biggest gain: Toronto 177,447 (+5,534 listeners)

Comment

• Maybe we can see some streaming increase? Let's hope so

Comment

• Originally posted by Stronger99 View Post
                                          I still love that “Everytime” had more success than “Toxic” in Germany back in 2004 that was really unusual.
                                          It seems like it was also a bigger hit than “Toxic” (at least back in the day) in Ireland.

Both songs hit #1 back to back in Ireland but “Everytime” ended up at #6 on the Irish Year end chart (“Toxic” placed at #7).
                                          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• 2004 Year-End:

Germany:
                                            #20 Everytime
                                            #37 Toxic

Belgium (Wallonia):
                                            #21 Everytime
                                            #27 Toxic

Belgium (Flanders)
                                            #24 Everytime
                                            #33 Toxic

Austria
                                            #12 Everytime
                                            #25 Toxic

Sweden
                                            #8 Everytime
                                            #22 Toxic

Ireland
                                            #6 Everytime
                                            #7 Toxic

Everytime was actually a bigger hit than Toxic in a lot of places. Not only that, but it helped In the Zone reach a new peak in the UK:

14-37-51-59-65-62-50-61-61-45-20-17-17-15-15-18-18-28-33-37-35-40-52-60-36-28-30-25-22-27-32-21-19-13-20-25-32-39-38-49-57-66-75-121-141-116-123-130-160-187-OUT
                                            It re-entered the Top 20 for 7 weeks after the release of Toxic, and then peaked at #13 three months later during its 33th week. So while the song may be forgotten today, it gave Britney a lot of artistic credibility at a crucial point of her career.

Comment

• ^ Insane to see that “Everytime” was literally bigger than “Toxic” in multiple markets.

I know these days “Toxic” took the lead (because of streaming) in every single one of those markets and now it’s the bigger hit and song in 2022. But back in 2004 it was interesting to see how big “Everytime” was.

She really had two great back to back singles with “Toxic” and “Everytime”, both gained her critical acclaim and major success.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                                ^ Insane to see that “Everytime” was literally bigger than “Toxic” in multiple markets.

I know these days “Toxic” took the lead (because of streaming) in every single one of those markets and now it’s the bigger hit and song in 2022. But back in 2004 it was interesting to see how big “Everytime” was.

She really had two great back to back singles with “Toxic” and “Everytime”, both gained her critical acclaim and major success.
                                                I'm not exaggerating when I say her career would be completely different today if it weren't for Toxic and Everytime. Sure, she was already an icon by her third album, but I feel like she needed to prove she could make it out of the teen pop era.

She basically had a re-peak in 2004 thanks to those two songs, followed by a highly successful greatest hits album that sold 1M in international markets like the UK and Japan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                                                  I'm not exaggerating when I say her career would be completely different today if it weren't for Toxic and Everytime. Sure, she was already an icon by her third album, but I feel like she needed to prove she could make it out of the teen pop era.

She basically had a re-peak in 2004 thanks to those two songs, followed by a highly successful greatest hits album that sold 1M in international markets like the UK and Japan.
                                                  Inded. Without “Toxic” and “Everytime” her career would have collapsed meaning she would be today in that group of artists that only lasted 3 albums of success. Thank God it didn’t happen, even though she already had two bonafide pop classics under her belt (“Baby One More Time” and “Oops I Did It Again”) I just can’t imagine her career and legacy to be the same without the edge “Toxic” added to it.

Speaking of back to back success with singles. I’m pretty sure either “Womanizer” / “Circus” or the Femme Fatale era’s singles was her best streak of back to back singles success in USA.

In Europe specifically I would say the Baby One More Time era’s 4 European singles (“Baby One More Time” / “Sometimes” / “Crazy” / “Born To Make You Happy”) was her best back to back success streak with all of them being European hit after hit.

However on a global scale, overall, balancing all the markets and acclaim wise her greatest back to back will always going to be “Toxic” / “Everytime”.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                                    X