#12 Everytime
      #25 Toxic

Sweden
      #8 Everytime
      #22 Toxic

Ireland
      #6 Everytime
      #7 Toxic

Everytime was actually a bigger hit than Toxic in a lot of places. Not only that, but it helped In the Zone reach a new peak in the UK:

It re-entered the Top 20 for 7 weeks after the release of Toxic, and then peaked at #13 three months later during its 33th week. So while the song may be forgotten today, it gave Britney a lot of artistic credibility at a crucial point of her career.
      In the zone deserved so much better

Comment

• Toxic and every time did wonders that’s right but don’t forget MATM, this song was HUGE it topped the charts in over 5 countries and was pretty much top 10 everywhere else but us…
        in Australia it did even better than the others by topping the chart and charting for over 10 good weeks (toxic charted for 9 weeks and everytime for 4 weeks) I’m not trying to disrespect those songs but MATM was big part of this hits routine (IMO even MP was a part of it) the fact they’re sadly forgotten doesn’t mean they weren’t huge.

Comment

• Originally posted by And then we kiss View Post
          Toxic and every time did wonders that’s right but don’t forget MATM, this song was HUGE it topped the charts in over 5 countries and was pretty much top 10 everywhere else but us…
          in Australia it did even better than the others by topping the chart and charting for over 10 good weeks (toxic charted for 9 weeks and everytime for 4 weeks) I’m not trying to disrespect those songs but MATM was big part of this hits routine (IMO even MP was a part of it) the fact they’re sadly forgotten doesn’t mean they weren’t huge.
          “Me Against The Music” was an international hit back in the day, for sure. But IMO it was one of those “hits” that did absolutely nothing for Britney’s career.

Back when released, the song got lukewarm and quite disappointing reviews from critics, and yeah, it was a hit but kinda like a “filler” hit that no one was actually taking seriously. Not to mention that the song did little to help “In The Zone” performance, the song didn’t have enough impact on ITZ’s sales (outside the US, that album started flopping and bombing in many European countries).

”Toxic” and “Everytime” were different to MATM because they were not just hit singles, they also got her acclaim, they had impact in the pop scene and were singles that changed her career and took her own legacy forward.
          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• The discussion was not about career changing singles but about back to back singles (when singer release a hit after hit) and Matm was the first to start a series of big hits for her…
            secondly MATM was far from a filler hit, singles from Britney album are filler hits since they had lack of success in some places all of her singles from 2001,2 did fine worldwide with nice peaks in some countries but they also did bad as well, MATM did much better with being a top 5 hit everywhere but the us, the video was big in MTV and the hype about the kiss, the duet with madonna was giant as well, to date it remains one of the best duets ever…
            The ITZ era was a career changing as all… that’s what makes it her best era…(for me second after the bible)
            the music, the vibe we’re different…every single was huge and special…
            Last edited by And then we kiss; Wed May 11, 2022, 14:44.

Comment

The discussion was not about career changing singles but about back to back singles (when singer release a hit after hit) and Matm was the first to start a series of big hits for her…
              secondly MATM was far from a filler hit, singles from Britney album are filler hits since they had lack of success in some places all of her singles from 2001,2 did fine worldwide with nice peaks in some countries but they also did bad as well, MATM did much better with being a top 5 hit everywhere but the us, the video was big in MTV and the hype about the kids the duet with madonna was giant as well, to date it remains one of the best duets ever…
              The ITZ era was a career changing as all… that’s what makes it her best era…(for me second after the bible)
              the music, the vibe we’re different…every single was huge and special…
              Funny that you mention the “Britney” singles .. At least the first 3 (Slave, Overprotected and Not A Girl) have more streams than MATM on Spotify and Youtube

But yeah, MATM - Toxic - Everytime was a nice streak of hit singles she had around the globe. I just don’t think MATM represented anything important in her career, that’s all.
              Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
              Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• You’ve spoke about charts no streams …so I compare matm peaks with the Britney singles peak and no one can deny that,
                Matm had much more success in chart performance…As I’ve said before the fact today it’s kinda forgotten doesn’t mean it wasn’t big back then…
                plus streaming is very dynamic factor, a forgotten song can be viral and become one of the singers most popular songs, just like in 2011 you’d never thought the “single that failed ” from femme Fatale era would become her most relevant one in 2022, and just like In 2015/6 oops or gimme more were forgotten as well and became her most streamed songs…
                Justice for all her 2003/5 songs…
                Last edited by And then we kiss; Wed May 11, 2022, 14:48.

Comment

You’ve spoke about charts no streams …so I compare matm peaks with the Britney singles peak and no one can deny that,
                  Matm had much more success in chart performance…As I’ve said before the fact today it’s kinda forgotten doesn’t mean it wasn’t big back then…
                  plus streaming is very dynamic factor, a forgotten song can be viral and become one of the singers most popular songs, just like in 2011 you’d never thought the “single that failed ” from femme Fatale era would become her most relevant one in 2022, and just like oops or gimme more (my Stan song) were forgotten as well and became her most streamed songs…
                  Justice for all her 2003/5 songs…
                  Well , “Me Against The Music” was a LEAD single so of course it had to do better than 2nd and 3rd singles “Overprotected” and “I’m Not A Girl Not Yet A Woman” otherwise I think we could have said R.I.P to Britney’s career

The fact that even back then MATM still sold less than “Overprotected” and “Not A Girl” in several markets (including UK) though

Comment

• And we didn’t say goodbye since the song, the duet, the video, the performance and the choreography were too iconic (even though overprotected sold 5,000 more)

I believe you know that her reputation was kinda different from her peak of 2001 to her 2003 ( after the breakup and everything when the the world tried to drag her hard) and it did hurt her in some ways…

all of this doesn’t matter MATM was a big hit back then for her just like toxic and every time and sadly it didn’t win the test of time but it’s success is something to remember…
                    And She had wonderful series of hits…
                    one is a duet with her idol
                    second is one of the most popular songs of the decade
                    and the last is emotional ballad for her ex
                    all of them were global hits
                    Last edited by And then we kiss; Wed May 11, 2022, 17:45.

Comment

• Britney has now over 6.8 billion streams on Spotify across all credits, 7B in July

Comment

• Wonder if this will have a little effect on (You Drive Me) Crazy's streams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                          Wonder if this will have a little effect on (You Drive Me) Crazy's streams.
                          Hopefully it does. Don’t think it will anything groundbreaking or something. But we should see a little increase on the song for the next few days.

Regardless of the effect this is just another one in the basket for her legacy being so alive. Her songs are reaching the point of being used pretty much everywhere (movies, series, ads, tik tok, talent shows, musicals, concerts, covered by other artists, etc). I really lost count on how many times her stuff has been used in the last 2-3 years.

Comment

• Less than 5M streams for In the Zone for 1B milestone, its coming

Comment

• Will crazy get a streaming boost

Comment

• Originally posted by BritneyMadonnastan View Post
                                Will crazy get a streaming boost
                                If movie is a hit on Netflix then I'm sure, otherwise let's just see

Comment

• Originally posted by BritneyMadonnastan View Post
                                  Will crazy get a streaming boost
                                  For sure…

huge one I’m thinking.

Comment

• If U Seek Amy is now outstreaming Work Bitch It used to do 100K during the weekend, now it's up to 120K+ even mid week. What happened?

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                                      If U Seek Amy is now outstreaming Work Bitch It used to do 100K during the weekend, now it's up to 120K+ even mid week. What happened?
                                      Justice?

Hopefully that “Work Bitch” thing eventually gets out of her daily Top 10.

Comment

• While I know Britney Jean should be erased still Work B is a masterpiece now let's not think otherwise it's coming for 260M streams on Spotify for a reason

Comment

• Toxic Pony still pulling in decent streams, wow.
                                          we will rise to meet the challenge every time

Comment

• I don’t get it
                                            Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• "(You Drive Me) Crazy"
                                              Album Version
                                              + Remix (GHMP)
                                              + Remix (TSC)

May 5 – 62,431
                                              May 6 – 66,562
                                              May 7 – 63,057
                                              May 8 – 54,018
                                              May 9 – 60,491
                                              May 10 – 64,921
                                              May 11 – 68,983
                                              May 12 – 75,010

Comment

• And the movie was released today so that's from the trailer alone.

Comment

• Now boost is confirmed, let's now see when movie comes

Comment

• Originally posted by britneylinda View Post
                                                    Now boost is confirmed, let's now see when movie comes
                                                    The movie is already out .. so we’ll see in the next days.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X