Lucky – 59.2K
    Stronger – 56.9K
    Till The World Ends – 54.7K Remix – 4K
    Everytime – 49.5K
    Piece Of Me – 49.5K
    3 – 39.9K

Not a bad update for a Monday.

Comment

• Just realized (You Drive Me) Crazy is not on the All Out 90s playlist, which makes no sense considering how big of a hit it was. Hopefully the boost will convince Spotify to add it.

Comment

• It doesn’t mean much in 2022 but nice to see “Slumber Party” hitting 100M on Youtube.

Glory was an flop album that had:

- A +100M song on Spotify
        - A +100M music video on Youtube
        - A Platinum certified single by the RIAA
        - A Top 20 single on the Billboard Hot 100
        - Over 70 on Metacritic

I’ll take it

——

Now it’s just matter of time “Glory” goes Gold in USA too. (it should be at 460K units or somehing like that right?)
        Last edited by MrLeonix; Tue May 17, 2022, 22:47.
        Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
        Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
          Just realized (You Drive Me) Crazy is not on the All Out 90s playlist, which makes no sense considering how big of a hit it was. Hopefully the boost will convince Spotify to add it.
          I’ve always considered “Crazy” a Britney classic.

Hopefully it gets added to some nice playlists. And hopefully it gets a “Sometimes” resurgence moment
          Last edited by MrLeonix; Wed May 18, 2022, 03:54.
          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

Just realized (You Drive Me) Crazy is not on the All Out 90s playlist, which makes no sense considering how big of a hit it was. Hopefully the boost will convince Spotify to add it.
            The third biggest hit of Britney (4th biggest in Europe/UK) from the 90s isn't there when the two biggest ones are part of the playlist . . . what about that doesn't make sense?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ewokguy15 View Post

The third biggest hit of Britney (4th biggest in Europe/UK) from the 90s isn't there when the two biggest ones are part of the playlist . . . what about that doesn't make sense?
              (You Drive Me) Crazy was much bigger than Sometimes everywhere in Europe except the UK. And in the US too, aka the world's biggest market. Again, Born to Make You Happy was only bigger in the UK.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

I’ve always considered “Crazy” a bigger Britney classic than “Sometimes”, “Lucky” and “Stronger” (“Sometimes” only got bigger on streaming platforms recently).

Hopefully it gets added to some nice playlists. And hopefully it gets a “Sometimes” resurgeance moment.
                That's how they eventually added Gimme More and Circus to All Out 00s. They had awful playlisting for years until they started increasing organically thanks to TikTok, so hopefully.

Comment

(You Drive Me) Crazy was much bigger than Sometimes everywhere in Europe except the UK. And in the US too, aka the world's biggest market. Again, Born to Make You Happy was only bigger in the UK.
                  Even overall .. There are many songs by other artists on that playlist that aren’t even half as big as “Crazy” … they have pleeenty of choices to remove in favour of “Crazy”.

Comment

They are pretty comparable in Europe and it only peaked higher in the U.S due to radio seeing as neither had a physical release.

Fan generally prefer Crazy but Sometimes is obviously the more remembered by the G.P and seen as more "Classic Britney".

Spotify and Youtube totals more than show that.

Comment

They are pretty comparable in Europe and it only peaked higher in the U.S due to radio seeing as neither had a physical release.

Fan generally prefer Crazy but Sometimes is obviously the more remembered by the G.P and seen as more "Classic Britney".

Spotify and Youtube totals more than show that.
                      Back in the day “(You Drive Me) Crazy” was indeed a bigger hit than “Sometimes” pretty much everywhere (except UK), not only in terms of peaks, but also in terms of sales, chart-runs (longevity) and radio. Pretty much every aspect a hit can cover.

Nowadays “Sometimes” had a resurgence / renaissance and it’s doing better on streaming platforms in 2022 … But I don’t see why we should put both singles against each other. Britney has many famous and iconic songs and there’s room for both: “Sometimes” and “Crazy” in that playlist. Instinct didn’t have in mind replacing “Sometimes” with “Crazy” when he mentioned his desire of getting the song into the playlist.
                      Last edited by MrLeonix; Wed May 18, 2022, 03:53.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Back in the day “(You Drive Me) Crazy” was indeed a bigger hit than “Sometimes” pretty much everywhere (except UK), not only in terms of peaks, but also in terms of sales, chart-runs (longevity) and radio. Pretty much every aspect a hit can cover.

Nowadays “Sometimes” had a resurgence / renaissance and it’s doing better on streaming platforms in 2022 … But I don’t see why we should put both singles against each other. Britney has many famous and iconic songs and there’s room for both: “Sometimes” and “Crazy” in that playlist. Instinct didn’t have in mind replacing “Sometimes” with “Crazy” when he mentioned his desire of getting the song into the playlist.
                        Good Point, Mariah currently has 8 songs in it so I guess, why not.

Comment

Good Point, Mariah currently has 8 songs in it so I guess, why not.
                          Yep. And Spice Girls have like 5 .. and I’m pretty sure something like “Who Do You Think You Are” is not a bigger hit or a more remembered song than “Crazy”.

”Crazy” should get added IMO. Hopefully soon.

Comment

• Toxic was re created for a show called 'Riverdale' the show was a massive hit for it's first 2 seasons I don't know where they stand now but maybe some streams can increase

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by britneylinda View Post
                                Toxic was re created for a show called 'Riverdale' the show was a massive hit for it's first 2 seasons I don't know where they stand now but maybe some streams can increase
                                Ohh gosh, poor “Toxic” It doesn‘t deserve this.

A little OT, the serie gets another season. Therefore the success of it can‘t be that low.

Comment

• I wonder one thing, Britney is eligible for 45M album units under RIAA (Blackout should be 2x by now or soon) for her studio length projects. I wonder how GH : MP will work it sold 1M+ under Soundscan system it is also very close to 2x making her total to 47M album units. She has some other compilations also like TSC and Essential Britney Spears how you guys think that can fit into the calculation? Though I know those aren't eligible for anything but GH : MP is very close to 2x and will make her total to 47M I presume considering OIDIA is 11x and not 12x as we discussed earlier if we don't account those left out club sales.

Confused a bit.
                                  Last edited by britneylinda; Wed May 18, 2022, 12:04.

Comment

I wonder one thing, Britney is eligible for 45M album units under RIAA (Blackout should be 2x by now or soon) for her studio length projects. I wonder how GH : MP will work it sold 1M+ under Soundscan system it is also very close to 2x making her total to 47M album units. She has some other compilations also like TSC and Essential Britney Spears how you guys think that can fit into the calculation? Though I know those aren't eligible for anything but GH : MP is very close to 2x and will make her total to 47M I presume considering OIDIA is 11x and not 12x as we discussed earlier if we don't account those left out club sales.

Confused a bit.
                                    GH:MP is not close to 2xP. It sold 1,6M copies in USA and it won’t do extra 400K units on the back of low selling and tragically streamed singles: “My Prerogative” and “Do Somethin”.

The only way GH:MP reaches 2xP is that they count one of her big hits (either “Toxic” or “Baby One More Time”) towards it.

TSC is already eligible for Gold as it is based on “3” alone. It could rise to 3xP or even 4xP if they count all the singles towards this album though.

Also, assuming everything goes to the parent album, Britney would be eligible for 42M album units maximum (not 45M)

Baby One More Time - 14x Platinum
                                    Oops I Did It Again - 11x Platinum
                                    Britney - 5x Platinum
                                    In The Zone - 4x Platinum
                                    Greatest Hits: My Prerogative - 1x Platinum
                                    Blackout - 1x Platinum
                                    Circus - 3x Platinum
                                    The Singles Collection - Gold
                                    Femme Fatale - 2x Platinum
                                    Britney Jean - Gold
                                    Glory -

= 42M (and I was generous and rounding because I think ITZ is at 3.9M and Circus at 2.9M)

——

PS: “Blackout” is indeed close to 2x Platinum.

Comment

• MrLeonix I think BOMT will be eligible for 15x Platinum sooner than later, but I agree with your list. That and Blackout + Glory reaching 2x Platinum and Gold respectively are the only ones I see changing in the near future.

Comment

Toxic was re created for a show called 'Riverdale' the show was a massive hit for it's first 2 seasons I don't know where they stand now but maybe some streams can increase
                                        Britney should sue…

Also "A show called Riverdale"
                                        Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• My Prerogative Greatest Hits: 2x Platinum (Almost Physical Sales: 1,587,000
                                          Digital Sales (Singles Only): 895,000 = 89,500
                                          (Album-equivalent unit) Streamings: 44,450,700 = 296,338 Total: 1,972,838

I have this information for GH : MP.

BOMT should he 15x very soon, and Blackout 2x. Hoping to get some latest numbers on Glory also WB still pulls number do you guys think Britney Jean can be platinum one day

Comment

My Prerogative Greatest Hits: 2x Platinum (Almost Physical Sales: 1,587,000
                                            Digital Sales (Singles Only): 895,000 = 89,500
                                            (Album-equivalent unit) Streamings: 44,450,700 = 296,338 Total: 1,972,838

I have this information for GH : MP.

BOMT should he 15x very soon, and Blackout 2x. Hoping to get some latest numbers on Glory also WB still pulls number do you guys think Britney Jean can be platinum one day
                                            The streaming calculation is totally off. Did you mean to devide 44,450,700 by 1500? That would be 29k.

Comment

(Album-equivalent unit) Streamings: 44,450,700 = 296,338
                                              This is so wrongly calculated. You’re dividing by 150 as if it was a song. It should be divided by 1500 for an album.

So … 44,450,700 / 1500 = 29.633 units

Also where do you get the 44M figure? Seems extremely high for being just a USA number. “My Prerogative” and “Do Somethin” are not that big LOL

Comment

• I got it, I read so many things sometimes it just gets confusing. Thank you, now it makes sense

Comment

• How long will it take for BOMT to reach 2x diamond

Comment

• Originally posted by BritneyMadonnastan View Post
                                                    How long will it take for BOMT to reach 2x diamond
                                                    In 50-60 years

Comment

Working...
                                                    X