• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Comment

• See, when you have a classic

Comment

• Comment

• How did I wanna go only peak at #111 in Uk ????

Comment

• Originally posted by BritneyMadonnastan View Post
              How did I wanna go only peak at #111 in Uk ????
              I always thought it never got a proper single rollout in the UK or any promotion there?

Comment

How did I wanna go only peak at #111 in Uk ????
                Probably must not have gotten a proper release there, and must've been part of an instant gratification offer for the album.

Comment

• Why?

Comment

• I'm trying to figure out how much Greatest Hits: My Prerogative sold in its first week globally

US — 255,000
                    Japan — 173,145
                    UK — 115,341
                    Canada — 20,400
                    Ireland — 5,430

In Taiwan, Britney achieved a 22.57% market share of album sales, the best start for an album since 2002 and the biggest start for compilation album in the country (as of 2004).

Source

Does anyone know the album's peak in France? i found this chart run as of December 2004, but that gotta be the compilation chart, right? Were compilation albums not allowed on the main chart?

France : #1 ;#3 ;#5 ;#7 ;#12 (179,395)

Comment

• Did BOMT single have more radio play than any other single because their is a vast difference in sales between BOMT and the rest

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                        I'm trying to figure out how much Greatest Hits: My Prerogative sold in its first week globally

US — 255,000
                        Japan — 173,145
                        UK — 115,341
                        Canada — 20,400
                        Ireland — 5,430

In Taiwan, Britney achieved a 22.57% market share of album sales, the best start for an album since 2002 and the biggest start for compilation album in the country (as of 2004).

Source

Does anyone know the album's peak in France? i found this chart run as of December 2004, but that gotta be the compilation chart, right? Were compilation albums not allowed on the main chart?

It sold around 850k first week with shipments probably around 1.5 million.

Americas - 330k~
                        Europe - 250k~
                        Asia: 250k~
                        Aus/NZ - 15k~
                        Other - 10k~

Comment

• Originally posted by p0isonparadise View Post

It sold around 850k first week with shipments probably around 1.5 million.

Americas - 330k~
                          Europe - 250k~
                          Asia: 250k~
                          Aus/NZ - 15k~
                          Other - 10k~
                          Yeah, this seems pretty reasonable. It shipped 4.4 million worldwide in less than 2 months, per the IFPI.

Quite impressive considering it "only" debuted with 255K in the US.

Comment

I'm trying to figure out how much Greatest Hits: My Prerogative sold in its first week globally

US — 255,000
                            Japan — 173,145
                            UK — 115,341
                            Canada — 20,400
                            Ireland — 5,430

Source

I checked some pure charts archive and they had Mediatraffic's first week numbers with 812k

Comment

• Originally posted by Leviathan View Post

Probably must not have gotten a proper release there, and must've been part of an instant gratification offer for the album.
                              No it was released. It just flopped. The 2008 Xfactor performance killed her singles career in the UK for some reason. They took the lipsynching to an extreme.

Comment

• Originally posted by Angeman View Post

No it was released. It just flopped. The 2008 Xfactor performance killed her singles career in the UK for some reason. They took the lipsynching to an extreme.
                                Yeah UK wasn't there for Britney lip syncing while eating gum and sometimes not even doing that

Conservatorship fault.

Comment

• Still “I Wanna Go” peaking at #111 was very weird considering after that “Work Bitch” peaked at #7 and the terrible “Pretty Girls” made the Top 20 at #16.

Even piece cr*p “Ooh La La” made the chart and peaked at #72.

I think they were not releasing her singles properly in the UK during FF era. I do remember they messed up TTWE big time with a mid-week release when back in the day release date was a very important thing in UK.

Labels used to hold single releases in UK for weeks. Labels would release singles everywhere and UK would be the last place where they would release the song like a month and a half later. In 2011 this practice was still key and artists of the time (Gaga, Rihanna, Kesha, Kitty, J.Lo, etc) were treating their singles that way in the UK. For some strange reason Jive ignored this “key” hold with FF singles and neither “Hold It Against Me” or “Till The World Ends” received this treatment.

They resume the strategy with “Work Bitch” and it was an automatic Top 10 by the time it got released.
                                  Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                  Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

Did BOMT single have more radio play than any other single because their is a vast difference in sales between BOMT and the rest
                                    In the US definitely. It spent 22 weeks in the top 10 on Mainstream Top 40 (Pop Radio) and 5 weeks at #1. It only peaked at #8 on the overall Airplay chart because it didn’t receive as much support by other radio formats. In Europe as well since it was the biggest radio hit of 1999 there. Oops is probably her 2nd biggest radio hit in Europe as it finished #6 on the YEC.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                      Still “I Wanna Go” peaking at #111 was very weird considering after that “Work Bitch” peaked at #7 and the terrible “Pretty Girls” made the Top 20 at #16.

Even piece cr*p “Ooh La La” made the chart and peaked at #72.

I think they were not releasing her singles properly in the UK during FF era. I do remember they messed up TTWE big time with a mid-week release when back in the day release date was a very important thing in UK.

Labels used to hold single releases in UK for weeks. Labels would release singles everywhere and UK would be the last place where they would release the song like a month and a half later. In 2011 this practice was still key and artists of the time (Gaga, Rihanna, Kesha, Kitty, J.Lo, etc) were treating their singles that way in the UK. For some strange reason Jive ignored this “key” hold with FF singles and neither “Hold It Against Me” or “Till The World Ends” received this treatment.

They resume the strategy with “Work Bitch” and it was an automatic Top 10 by the time it got released.
                                      On that note I remember Hold It Against Me was released on midday Monday after fans demanded it be brought forward… It peaked at #3 on iTunes for the majority of the week but missed out on crucial Sunday sales and airplay build up…. Femme Fatale era was destined to flop.. Till the World Ends was released on a Friday, missing 5 full days of sales.. A mess.
                                      we will rise to meet the challenge every time

Comment

• The Femme Fatale era was handled horribly in the UK. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the album get released during Mother's Day, which is why it ended up missing the Top 5?

Comment

The Femme Fatale era was handled horribly in the UK. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the album get released during Mother's Day, which is why it ended up missing the Top 5?
                                          I think by that time her team only cared about the USA market. Everything was scheduled and made to work for the USA market needs.

For that reason they didn’t give a d*mn about the messed up singles releases in the UK or even booking one of the bussiest weeks of the year in UK with bunch of competition to release the album (“Femme Fatale” debuted at #8 with higher sales than some albums that went #1 on the chart on prior months).

But they only cared about the USA and they got her a #1 album and single there. That’s all that mattered to them.
                                          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                                          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

I think by that time her team only cared about the USA market. Everything was scheduled and made to work for the USA market needs.

For that reason they didn’t give a d*mn about the messed up singles releases in the UK or even booking one of the bussiest weeks of the year in UK with bunch of competition to release the album (“Femme Fatale” debuted at #8 with higher sales than some albums that went #1 on the chart on prior months).

But they only cared about the USA and they got her a #1 album and single there. That’s all that mattered to them.
                                            No #1 album in UK , did they even care for her their, ITZ #13 In it’s 34th week…..

Comment

• I couldn’t believe when Barbra outsold her and topped the UK Chart

Comment

• Ireland

90 (82) 92 The Singles Collection
                                                Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• Britney's Top Songs on Spotify (Combined) (As of: July 4th 2022)
                                                  o1. 801,802,686 - Toxic
                                                  o2. 540,423,514 - Scream & Shout
                                                  o3. 524,474,493 - Baby One More Time
                                                  o4. 521,098,760 - Oops! I Did It Again
                                                  o5. 381,900,358 - Womanizer
                                                  o6. 357,424,977 - Gimme More
                                                  o7. 264,506,210 - Work Bitch
                                                  o8. 232,446,645 - Circus
                                                  o9. 204,235,762 - My Only Wish (This Year)
                                                  10. 163,507,026 - Criminal
                                                  11. 152,729,623 - Till the World Ends
                                                  12. 150,414,761 - I'm a Slave 4 U
                                                  13. 130,067,295 - Make Me...
                                                  14. 126,249,480 - If U Seek Amy
                                                  15. 125,296,219 - Sometimes
                                                  16. 118,580,212 - I Wanna Go
                                                  17. 112,406,639 - Everytime
                                                  18. 111,754,241 - Stronger
                                                  19. 110,661,018 - You Drive Me Crazy
                                                  20. 109,984,206 - Piece of Me
                                                  21. 104,002,544 - Lucky
                                                  22. 84,866,793 - 3
                                                  23. 75,710,444 - Pretty Girls
                                                  24. 73,338,840 - Slumber Party
                                                  25. 65,982,256 - Hold It Against Me
                                                  26. 60,903,656 - Overprotected
                                                  27. 51,417,823 - Break the Ice
                                                  28. 51,304,206 - Me Against the Music
                                                  29. 50,983,048 - Radar
                                                  30. 45,211,817 - I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman
                                                  31. 44,761,800 - Born To Make You Happy
                                                  32. 44,026,187 - Toxic Pony
                                                  33. 39,707,688 - I Love Rock n Roll
                                                  34. 37,279,475 - My Prerogative
                                                  35. 36,842,072 - Boys
                                                  36. 36,139,877 - Perfume
                                                  37. 34,557,216 - S&M (Remix)
                                                  38. 30,170,521 - SMS (Bangerz)
                                                  39. 25,347,094 - Do You Wanna Come Over?
                                                  40. 22,159,500 - Don't Let Me Be the Last To Know

Comment

• The views for the "Toxic" auto generated audio on Youtube are so impressive that I was looking for numbers from female hits from the 2000s decade and:
                                                    1. Britney Spears - Toxic - 100 million
                                                    2. Nelly Furtado - Promiscuous - 77 million
                                                    3. Shakira - Hips Don't Lie - 70 million
                                                    4. Lady Gaga - Bad Romance - 64 million
                                                    5. Beyoncé - Halo - 61 million
                                                    6. Britney Spears - Oops!...I Did It Again - 59 million
                                                    7. Rihanna - Umbrella - 58 million
                                                    8. Britney Spears - Gimme More - 51 million
                                                    9. Rihanna - Don't Stop the Music - 51 million
                                                    10. Avril Lavigne - Complicated - 47 million

Others:
                                                    Nelly Furtado - Maneater - 44 million
                                                    Britney Spears - Womanizer - 43 million
                                                    Beyoncé - Crazy in Love - 43 million
                                                    Rihanna - Disturbia - 35 million
                                                    Shakira - Whenever, Wherever - 35 million
                                                    Madonna - Hung Up - 34 million
                                                    Britney Spears - Circus - 32 million
                                                    Nelly Furtado - Say It Right - 32 million
                                                    ​​​​​​​Rihanna - Pon de Replay - 31 million
                                                    Katy Perry - I Kissed a Girl - 28 million

I'm sure it's missing a few songs but it was what I remember. Maybe I searched the wrong way but I couldn't find numbers for Love Story and You Belong With Me that weren't from the "Taylor's Version" released last year.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X