Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My bad!

Comment

• I know I bang on and on but if her team would certify her singles she has 27 singles that are gold or more in the USA! With streams but she has got to be the most undercertified artist out there

Comment

• I think we got this the first 10 times you posted it We all know her label/team doesn't certify her singles anymore, but there's no need to talk about it every two minutes.

Comment

• US iTunes
          771 Britney Spears Womanizer

UK iTunes
          785 Britney Spears Womanizer

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct
            US iTunes
            771 Britney Spears Womanizer

UK iTunes
            785 Britney Spears Womanizer
            Why the rise?

Comment

• "Glory" has surpassed "Britney Jean" numbers in Brazil

Her codes in Brazil:

Baby one more time - 505,000
              Oops I did it again - 315,500
              Britney - 130,500
              In the zone - 112,500
              Blackout - 47,500
              Circus - 65,000
              Femme Fatale - 69,000
              Britney Jean - 37,000
              Glory - 40,000

Greatest hits: My Prerogative - 72,000
              B in the mix: The remixes - 20,000
              The singles collection - 72,000
              B in the mix: The remixes vol 2 - 15,000

As usual her first 4 albums are her master sellers, but she's been very consistent in Brazil throughout her long career. She's been a Platinum music star for nearly 20 years in Brazil with 8 out of her 9 studio albums scanning Platinum status sales and the only one that didn't ("Britney Jean") is only 3K away from Platinum.

She's released 13 official releases composed by 9 studio albums, 2 greatest hits albums and 2 remixes albums. With 10/13 reaching Platinum sales and 12/13 reaching Gold sales.
              Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
                "Glory" has surpassed "Britney Jean" numbers in Brazil

Her codes in Brazil:

Baby one more time - 505,000
                Oops I did it again - 315,500
                Britney - 130,500
                In the zone - 112,500
                Blackout - 47,500
                Circus - 65,000
                Femme Fatale - 69,000
                Britney Jean - 37,000
                Glory - 40,000

Greatest hits: My Prerogative - 72,000
                B in the mix: The remixes - 20,000
                The singles collection - 72,000
                B in the mix: The remixes vol 2 - 15,000

As usual her first 4 albums are her master sellers, but she's been very consistent in Brazil throughout her long career. She's been a Platinum music star for nearly 20 years in Brazil with 8 out of her 9 studio albums scanning Platinum status sales and the only one that didn't ("Britney Jean") is only 3K away from Platinum.

She's released 13 official releases composed by 9 studio albums, 2 greatest hits albums and 2 remixes albums. With 10/13 reaching Platinum sales and 12/13 reaching Gold sales.
                Not, actually. Check your facts.

http://abpd.org.br/home/certificados/ta ... acao-abpd/

CD for International Acts

-Before 1st January 2001
                GOLD: 100K
                PLATINUM: 250K

-1st Jan 2001 to 31st Dec 2005
                GOLD: 50K
                PLATINUM: 125K

-1st Jan 2006 to 31st Dec 2009
                GOLD: 30K
                PLATINUM: 60K

-Since 1st Jan 2010
                GOLD: 20K
                PLATINUM: 40K

So, with those figures you posted, in the event they're real, her certifications would be:

BOMT 2xPlat
                OIDA Plat
                Britney Plat
                ITZ Gold
                GH: MP Gold
                Blackout Gold
                Circus Plat
                TSC Plat
                FF Plat
                BJ Gold
                Glory Plat

Anyway, her only official certifications in Brazil are:

BOMT - Gold
                OIDA - Gold
                Britney - Gold
                ITZ - Gold
                Blackout - Gold

http://www.abpd.org.br/home/certificado ... ney+spears

Comment

• ^ Well BOMT was her first album and achieved Platinum sales and "Glory" is her most recent album (almost 20 years later) and it achieved Platinum sales. So she's been a Platinum act for almost 20 years.

Notice that I'm saying "Achieving Platinum sales", I'm not saying "Certified albums".

Most of her catalogue is undercertified there, she doesn't receive any certification since 2007 (her label doesn't care) but her numbers are on Platinum status for most of her releases there. So she's a Platinum level artist there until today.
                  Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• ^
                    Yet you said that all her studio albums but BJ achieved Platinum, which is not true.

Anyway, where are the sources for all those codes?

Is there any official database to check them, or pictures to prove it, or just fans claiming those are the shipment codes?

Comment

• nympho causing trouble and arguments in both of Britney's threads. What a surprise. I wonder if this would happen if this was a Lady Gaga thread

OT: It's ridiculous how the ABPD hasn't certified any of her albums since Blackout.

Comment

nympho causing trouble and arguments in both of Britney's threads. What a surprise. I wonder if this would happen if this was a Lady Gaga thread

OT: It's ridiculous how the ABPD hasn't certified any of her albums since Blackout.
                        Sure, because asking for sources and correct wrong info in a chart analysis forum is causing trouble.

Go and report me.

Comment

• Now, almost every Britney album has outsold the previous album in at least one market:

- "Oops I did it again" outsold "Baby one more time" in Germany, Austria and Switzerland
                          - "Britney" outsold "Oops I did it again" in South Korea and Philippines
                          - "In the zone" outsold "Britney" in UK, Italy and Japan
                          - "Blackout" outsold "In the zone" in Russia
                          - "Circus" outsold "Blackout" nearly everywhere
                          - "Femme Fatale" outsold "Circus" in Brazil, Argentina, Sweden and Portugal
                          - "Glory" outsold "Britney Jean" in Brazil

Notes:

- It is estimated that "Britney Jean" outsold "Femme Fatale" in China (but they are just estimations).
                          - If "MjDangerous" estimations are accurate then "Glory" also outsold "Britney Jean" in Italy.

Comment

• If Britney jean did 600k worldwide I want glory to do 400k worldwide it must be around 330k so it's possible in the long run

Comment

• Originally posted by Swimmingbritney
                              If Britney jean did 600k worldwide I want glory to do 400k worldwide it must be around 330k so it's possible in the long run
                              "Britney Jean" did 650,000 worldwide according to mediatraffic. It could be around 660,000 now.

But yeah, if there's another single I think "Glory" will end up with 400K in the long run.

Comment

Originally posted by Swimmingbritney
                                If Britney jean did 600k worldwide I want glory to do 400k worldwide it must be around 330k so it's possible in the long run
                                "Britney Jean" did 650,000 worldwide according to mediatraffic. It could be around 660,000 now.

But yeah, if there's another single I think "Glory" will end up with 400K in the long run.
                                At least with streams bj did 1 mill and glory 500k

Comment

Originally posted by MrLeonix

Oh God don't start with the SPS sh*t again ...

Comment

Originally posted by MrLeonix

Oh God don't start with the SPS sh*t again ...
                                    But that's the way forward I'm fed up with pure sales I find them pointless

Comment

• Womanizer is up to 650 now!

Comment

Womanizer is up to 650 now!
                                        There's a viral video on Twitter with "Womanizer", that's why its charting again.

Comment

• I noticed there is a pollster year end chart

Any idea where Britney placed

Comment

I noticed there is a pollster year end chart

Isn't that one posted in May/June?

Comment

Womanizer is up to 650 now!
                                              There's a viral video on Twitter with "Womanizer", that's why its charting again.
                                              Link?
                                              What is that video about?
                                              Will it be counted towards the charts?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrDiva

In July there's the Mid Year Chart.
                                                Now, the Year End Chart.

#61 - Britney Spears - $28.8 million - 198,415 tickets sold - 55 shows

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho
                                                  Originally posted by MrDiva

In July there's the Mid Year Chart.
                                                  Now, the Year End Chart.

#61 - Britney Spears - $28.8 million - 198,415 tickets sold - 55 shows
                                                  Not bad with 55 shows!

Comment

• So according to this thread Britney has 104,000,000 pure single sales not too shabby at all!

Comment

So according to this thread Britney has 104,000,000 pure single sales not too shabby at all!
                                                      Yep she's definately sold over 100m singles.

According to "MJDangerous" she sold 79,6m digital singles and 21,82m physical singles for a total of 101,42m singles sold (these stats do not include "Glory" singles / songs). So if we add 700K of "Make me", about 70K of "Slumber Party" and around 300K digital songs from the album the total would rise to 102,49m singles sold.

"MjDangerous" also said that no one else from her time / generation sold as much physical singles than her.

Comment

• Her physical single sales are even more impressive when you consider that only three of her singles (BOMT, FTBOMBH, Stronger) got a proper physical release in America. I mean, I know single sales were already dying by 2002 but I'm sure Oops, Crazy, Sometimes, and Lucky would've sold quite well.

I'm shocked that she's sold more physical singles than Eminem (21.8 million vs 17,7 million).

Comment

Her physical single sales are even more impressive when you consider that only three of her singles (BOMT, FTBOMBH, Stronger) got a proper physical release in America. I mean, I know single sales were already dying by 2002 but I'm sure Oops, Crazy, Sometimes, and Lucky would've sold quite well.

I'm shocked that she's sold more physical singles than Eminem (21.8 million vs 17,7 million).
                                                          Yep, "MjDangerous" also estimated 3,55million units for her Music video releases / DVDs (He underestimated her first release "Time out with Britney" a lot tho) but still he said her total video sales were pretty solid and rare among Pop stars. He refused to include the "Chaotic" DVD on his video estimations tho, claiming it was more of a film / interview release rather than a musical release all of this despite the fact the DVD included a music EP that even got a single released "Someday (I will understand)".

Comment

• Britney finished last year at 40 on top American tour list!!

Comment

• BOMT still remains the best selling debut female album of all time

Comment

Working...
                                                              X