Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
    Guys do we have info about which female artists have scored a Top 10 hit song in Australia in at least four different decades?

I do know Mariah did …. but even 2 of the biggest female acts of Australia (EVER) haven’t done it:

* Madonna - Top 10 hit in 3 decades: 80s, 90s and 00s
    * Kylie Minogue - Top 10 hit in 3 decades: 80s, 90s and 00s

Even Beyoncé as part of Destiny’s Child missed a Top 10 entry in the 90s and since P!nk (the biggest female act in Australia ever) debuted in the 00s she’ll have to wait for the 30s decade to pull it off.

——

So … Who else did it besides Britney and Mariah? I’d assume very long lived female acts like Barbra or Cher pulled it off right?
    Barbra and Cher - 60s to 90s
    Last edited by Choley; Sat September 3, 2022, 20:31.

Comment

• BELGIUM-WALLONIA:

23 new Hold Me Closer

Comment

• Originally posted by LostAvenger View Post
        BELGIUM-WALLONIA:

23 new Hold Me Closer
        Her first entry in Belgium in 9 years Do you know when Flanders is out? And Switzerland? I think it could go Top 20 in the latter.

Comment

• I’m also hoping for a global billboard top 10

Comment

• I assume the Canadian chart will also be revealed on Tuesday right?
            Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
            Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Comment

• It really has a ton of strength on iTunes, this is longest I think a song by Britneys has spent at #1 after its initial release lol

Comment

• Spotify Top Daily Artists

#42 Ireland
                  #63 Australia
                  #76 Canada
                  #75 Iceland
                  #75 New Zealand
                  #76 Norway
                  #78 United Kingdom
                  #81 Lithuania
                  #91 Denmark
                  #95 Belgium
                  #96 Sweden
                  #96 Estonia
                  #99 United Arab Emerites
                  #102 Finland
                  #111 Hungary
                  #116 Bulgaria
                  #117 Israel
                  #118 Singapore
                  #120 United States
                  #121 Philippines
                  #127 France
                  #140 Latvia
                  #150 Austria
                  #154 Poland
                  #155 Hong Kong
                  #159 Saudi Arabia
                  #163 Germany
                  #163 Switzerland
                  #167 Malaysia
                  #168 Portugal
                  #171 Netherlands
                  #184 Slovakia

Comment

• Originally posted by wbrocks View Post
                    It really has a ton of strength on iTunes, this is longest I think a song by Britneys has spent at #1 after its initial release lol
                    If I recall correctly “Hold It Against Me” spent 10 or 11 days at #1 on iTunes USA. But I might be wrong (could be less days). But back then it was more impressive because iTunes was EVERYTHING, the digital market was at it’s peak and was the #1 main platform for popularity and competition (basically equivalent of staying at #1 for 10 days on Spotify these days).

Great hold and performance for “Hold Me Closer” on iTunes regardless.
                    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by wbrocks View Post
                      It really has a ton of strength on iTunes, this is longest I think a song by Britneys has spent at #1 after its initial release lol
                      From what I can remember:

Hold Me Closer - #1 (8 days and counting)
                      Mood Ring - #1 (2 days)
                      Matches - #2
                      Swimming in the Stars #2

All of them were outside the Top 50 by the middle of the week, except Hold Me Closer which is still #1.

Other songs (Scream & Shout snd Work Bitch are more tricky to compare to because that was still the digital era):

Scream & Shout - #1
                      Make Me - #1 (12 hours)
                      ​​​​​​​Pretty Girls - #2
                      Work Bitch - #2

Comment

• Do we know how much the #2 and #1 sold in the UK btw? I'm just curious how close or far Britney was.

Comment

• Originally posted by heyoverthere View Post
                          Do we know how much the #2 and #1 sold in the UK btw? I'm just curious how close or far Britney was.
                          It was a big gap

7.428 from #2 (39.616)
                          11.388 from #1 (43.576)
                          Beauty is beauty, whether is black or white

Comment

• Originally posted by Beautyisbeauty View Post

It was a big gap

7.428 from #2 (39.616)
                            11.388 from #1 (43.576)
                            Oh thank God tbh.

Comment

• Hold me closer is now at 6 on Apple Music Germany and also 6 on Apple Music uk

Comment

• Originally posted by Britneysdream View Post
                                Hold me closer is now at 6 on Apple Music Germany and also 6 on Apple Music uk
                                That's a new peak in Germany. It previously peaked at #9 then fell to like #13. And nice to see it increasing the UK again

Comment

• Originally posted by Britneysdream View Post
                                  Hold me closer is now at 6 on Apple Music Germany and also 6 on Apple Music uk
                                  Good!

I won’t be surprised if streaming numbers of week 2nd would be the same of even better of week number 1

Comment

• She just gained 832K monthly listeners today. The power of Today's Top Hits

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                                      Her first entry in Belgium in 9 years Do you know when Flanders is out? And Switzerland? I think it could go Top 20 in the latter.
                                      Both tomorrow, typically in the late afternoon.

Comment

• ICELAND:

02 NEW Hold Me Closer

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post

She just gained 832K monthly listeners today. The power of Today's Top Hits
                                          since when beyonce is considered a singer who started her solo career before 2000? am I missing something?
                                          great numbers for Britney !
                                          Last edited by freddaras; Sat September 3, 2022, 18:42.

Comment

• “Hold Me Closer” is a candidate to debut on the chart of Spanish biggest radio station, Los 40. So it’s in heavy rotation starting today.
                                            It’ll probably debut next week.

Just heard it on the radio for the 1st time!
                                            Loooong time since the last time one of her singles was played here!

Comment

• Originally posted by freddaras View Post

since when beyonce is considered a singer who started her solo career before 2000? am I missing something?
                                              great numbers for Britney !
                                              Beyoncé debuted with Destiny’s Child in 1997 (even earlier than Britney did).

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

Beyoncé debuted with Destiny’s Child in 1997 (even earlier than Britney did).
                                                yes, I know! i wasn't born yesterday! ! i thought the list above was for SOLO careers

Comment

• Originally posted by LostAvenger View Post
                                                  ICELAND:

02 NEW Hold Me Closer
                                                  Fifth Top 5 debut for Hold Me Closer so far:

#1 Australia
                                                  #2 Ireland
                                                  #2 Iceland
                                                  #3 United Kingdom
                                                  #4 Australia

Originally posted by nympho View Post
                                                  Just heard it on the radio for the 1st time!
                                                  Loooong time since the last time one of her singles was played here!
                                                  Great news! It's very stable on Apple Music at #34, up like 10 spots today. It's not as big as Spotify but hopefully it'll help a little.

Comment

• Speaking of European radio, Hold Me Closer is already #10 on Radiomonitor's European Airplay Chart.

More Radiomonitor Airplay appearances:

#1 Belgium overall
                                                    #1 Lithuania
                                                    #1 UK
                                                    #4 Sweden
                                                    #5 Australia
                                                    #6 Malta
                                                    #10 Netherlands
                                                    #10 Ireland
                                                    #12 Denmark
                                                    #16 Iceland
                                                    #18 South Africa
                                                    #32 Italy