No announcement yet.

Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1 on the Canadian Digital Song Sales chart.
    Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Absolutely fantastic result in Canada

Comment

• Still getting adds on Pop in its second week Z100 have played it 4 times today so far.

Comment

• When Britney said "here comes the smasha" in 2013 she actually prepared us for HMC oh wow
          Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

• Most added song on Hot AC for a second week!

Also:

Comment

• Top 10's so far

#1 Australia
              #1 Israel
              #2 Ireland
              #2 Iceland
              #3 UK
              #3 Canada
              #4 New Zealand
              #5 Belgium FL
              #6 USA
              #7 Switzerland

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct View Post
                Still getting adds on Pop in its second week Z100 have played it 4 times today so far.
                And I assume the Top 10 debut on Billboard Hot 100 will keep the interest of the song fresh on radio and streaming playlists…

Great debut in Canada btw …. great success for the song
                Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post

And I assume the Top 10 debut on Billboard Hot 100 will keep the interest of the song fresh on radio and streaming playlists…

Great debut in Canada btw …. great success for the song
                  Yeah that's what I was thinking. It's much easier for radios to justify playing a song that's on the Top 10 of Billboard.

KIIS just played it for a fifth time today so far.

Comment

Canadian Hot 100

#3 Hold Me Closer

Yas!!!

Comment

Yeah that's what I was thinking. It's much easier for radios to justify playing a song that's on the Top 10 of Billboard.

KIIS just played it for a fifth time today so far.
                      Exactly I was wishing for that Top 10 so radios can keep it up.

Btw … I still can’t believe she just got a Top 10 hit in USA in 2022 …. I thought she would never get one again and it’s surreal that this just happened.

Her span between her first Top 10 entry in USA (1998) and last (2022) is now of 24 years

Longest spans between first / last Top 10 hit

Mariah Carey - 1990 / 2021 - 31 years
                      Madonna - 1983 / 2012 = 29 years
                      Britney Spears - 1998 / 2022 = 24 years
                      Beyoncé - 2003 / 2022 = 19 years
                      Whitney Houston - 1985 / 2001 = 16 years
                      Janet Jackson - 1986 / 2001 = 15 years

I didn’t do Cher and Barbra and all of those divas who had billions of years because I’m too lazy right now but they have the longest spans.

BritBot really reached new levels of longevity with this
                      Last edited by MrLeonix; Wed September 7, 2022, 01:18.
                      Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
                      Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• KIIS-FM LA seem to like her a lot. It's not even 4:00 PM yet and they have already spun the song 5 times. They also like her old hits.

KIIS-FM Los Angeles (5)
                        14:26 — Hold Me Closer
                        13:07 — Womanizer
                        12:24 — Hold Me Closer
                        11:23 — Toxic
                        10:42 — I'm a Slave 4 U
                        08:36 — Hold Me Closer
                        04:37 — Hold Me Closer
                        03:59 — Gimme More
                        01:35 — Hold Me Closer
                        01:08 — Baby One More Time

Z100 New York (4)
                        17:40 — Hold Me Closer
                        16:34 — Gimme More
                        11:55 — Hold Me Closer
                        04:44 — Hold Me Closer
                        00:14 — Hold Me Closer

Z100 seems to be a bit less appreciative. Good thing KIIS is the bigger station.

Comment

• ^ Insane

Comment

• Remember when RCA sent that open letter to radio programmers, demanding that they play Make Me more? It was written in a rather condescending tone and their argument was "it's #1 on RTM and rose in Youtube streams!" or something like that? Pretty sure it died not long after that.

Top 10 on the Hot 100 is definitely worth doing some mediaplay, perhaps it will encourage radio to fully support it.

Comment

• Btw this is still #1 on US iTunes

Comment

• I wonder what 2nd week usa pure sales will be, I’m going to say 20k,

Comment

Exactly I was wishing for that Top 10 so radios can keep it up.

Btw … I still can’t believe she just got a Top 10 hit in USA in 2022 …. I thought she would never get one again and it’s surreal that this just happened.

Her span between her first Top 10 entry in USA (1998) and last (2022) is now of 24 years

Largest spans between first / last Top 10 hit

Mariah Carey - 1990 / 2021 - 31 years
                                  Madonna - 1983 / 2012 = 29 years
                                  Britney Spears - 1998 / 2022 = 24 years
                                  Beyoncé - 2003 / 2022 = 19 years
                                  Whitney Houston - 1985 / 2001 = 16 years
                                  Janet Jackson - 1986 / 2001 = 15 years

I didn’t do Cher and Barbra and all of those divas who had billions of years because I’m too lazy right now but they have the largest spans.

BritBot really reached new levels of longevity with this
                                  Wow, when you put it like that... That list is full of legends. I honestly thought she'd never score another Top 10 hit in the US ever again. Heck, I wasn't even sure she'd release new music anytime soon and she proved us all wrong. The world can't get rid of her I fear. A true pop legend.

Comment

• Latin America Airplay (Monitor Latino):

LATIN AMERICA (Foreign Language):

05 NE Hold Me Closer 1,382 plays

MEXICO (Foreign Language):

07 NE Hold Me Closer 11.88M audience impressions / 13 NE Hold Me Closer 660 plays

ARGENTINA (Foreign Language):

08 NE Hold Me Closer 39.02K audience impressions / 06 NE Hold Me Closer 147 plays

COLOMBIA (Foreign Language):

16 NE Hold Me Closer 1.59M audience impressions / 15 NE Hold Me Closer 64 plays

ECUADOR (Foreign Language):

09 NE Hold Me Closer 62.55K audience impressions / 11 NE Hold Me Closer 19 plays

EL SALVADOR (Foreign Language):

03 NE Hold Me Closer 39.15K audience impressions [#13 overall] / 02 NE Hold Me Closer 67 plays

PERU (Foreign Language):

18 NE Hold Me Closer 18.30K audience impressions

URUGUAY (Foreign Language):

02 NE Hold Me Closer 37 plays

PARAGUAY (Foreign Language):

03 NE Hold Me Closer 64 plays

CHILE (Foreign Language):

04 NE Hold Me Closer 89 plays

PANAMA (Foreign Language):

05 NE Hold Me Closer 79 plays

GUATEMALA (Foreign Language):

05 NE Hold Me Closer 58 plays

Comment

• Originally posted by American Life View Post
                                      KIIS-FM LA seem to like her a lot. It's not even 4:00 PM yet and they have already spun the song 5 times. They also like her old hits.

KIIS-FM Los Angeles (5)
                                      14:26 — Hold Me Closer
                                      13:07 — Womanizer
                                      12:24 — Hold Me Closer
                                      11:23 — Toxic
                                      10:42 — I'm a Slave 4 U
                                      08:36 — Hold Me Closer
                                      04:37 — Hold Me Closer
                                      03:59 — Gimme More
                                      01:35 — Hold Me Closer
                                      01:08 — Baby One More Time

Z100 New York (4)
                                      17:40 — Hold Me Closer
                                      16:34 — Gimme More
                                      11:55 — Hold Me Closer
                                      04:44 — Hold Me Closer
                                      00:14 — Hold Me Closer

Z100 seems to be a bit less appreciative. Good thing KIIS is the bigger station.
                                      LA is her biggest market. The song always goes up on AM as soon as they wake up too. We love KIIS-FM

Comment

• LostAvenger Oh wow. Look at her slaying Latin America like that

Comment

• KIIS-FM played it for the 6th time today at 17:18

Comment

• ^ Stunning!!!

BTW .. Britney and Beyoncé are among the very few female artists that have been able to score a Top 10 hit in very different climatic music scenes = Physical era, Digital era, Streaming era !

This is what I call transcending!!

Comment

• Originally posted by American Life View Post
                                              Remember when RCA sent that open letter to radio programmers, demanding that they play Make Me more? It was written in a rather condescending tone and their argument was "it's #1 on RTM and rose in Youtube streams!" or something like that? Pretty sure it died not long after that.

Top 10 on the Hot 100 is definitely worth doing some mediaplay, perhaps it will encourage radio to fully support it.
                                              Yup I remember I was shocked I had rarely seen a label show so much belief in an era. It was actually written by the president of RCA Joe Riccitelli pretty much begging radios to play it. But radios werent on board, although some iheart execs did think Just Luv Me could smash on radio.

Comment

• Both, RCA and Larry Rudolph sucked!!

I don’t know how it works but I read that Britney actually signed a special recording contract with Mercury Records exclusively and specifically for this song (“Hold Me Closer”) and that she got a massive paycheck for it too. I’m glad she did that.

RCA is just pathetic. Her career deteriorated when Jive Records closed in late 2011 (“Femme Fatale” was her last era with them) then “Scream & Shout” was successful but was released under Interscope Records (Will.I.Am’s label at the time) and then the RCA nightmare started …. Literally her RCA years were the worst … Every major success she’s had was conceived during her Non-RCA years : 1998-2011 (Jive) , 2012 (Interscope for S&S), 2022 (Mercury for HMC).
                                                Last edited by MrLeonix; Wed September 7, 2022, 02:27.

Comment

Both, RCA and Larry Rudolph sucked!!

I don’t know how it works but I read that Britney actually signed a special recording contract with Mercury Records exclusively and specifically for this song (“Hold Me Closer”) and that she got a massive paycheck for it too. I’m glad she did that.

RCA is just pathetic. Her career deteriorated when Jive Records closed in late 2011 (“Femme Fatale” was her last era with them) then “Scream & Shout” was successful but was released under Interscope Records (Will.I.Am’s label at the time) and then the RCA nightmare started …. Literally her RCA years were the worst … Every major success she’s had was conceived during her Non-RCA years : 1998-2011 (Jive) , 2012 (Interscope for S&S), 2022 (Mercury for HMC).
                                                  Hold Me Closer is being handled by Interscope in the US, just like Scream & Shout. 2/2 of her singles with that label have been Top 10 hits. Interesting.

Criminal was her first single with RCA and ironically, that's when she broke her steak of Top 10 hits.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X