Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by breatheonme View Post

Sure Jan. And you’re who now?
    Just a butthurt troll duplicate account. That person created the account just a couple days ago to make these kind of posts in the Britney thread.
    Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
    Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Lol at “massive investment” Are we gonna act like all this playlisting (and more) isn’t the norm for major releases? Maybe you’re just not used to your fave artists getting the same treatment.

You’re acting like the song was #1 on Today’s Top Hits upon release, when it just entered the Top 10 today, 3.5 weeks after its release. And there’s obviously a reason for that. If people were skipping it or the GP wasn’t connecting to it, do you really think it would go up on the biggest playlist in the world? No, of course not.

Comment

• 90s
        546,323,096 — Baby One More Time
        130,894,672 — Sometimes
        70,039,387 — You Drive Me Crazy

2000s
        821,803,922 — Toxic
        543,487,083 — Oops I Did it Again
        394,806,795 — Womanizer
        379,501,656 — Gimme More
        239,700,274 — Circus
        204,750,355 — My Only Wish
        156,204,845 — Im A Slave 4 U
        132,690,515 — Sometimes
        115,256,561 — Stronger
        113,741,584 — Everytime
        110,108,021 — Piece of Me
        108,822,852 — Lucky
        87,546,179 — 3
        59,832,652 — Overprotected
        53,335,091 — Break the Ice
        51,300,042 — Radar

2010s
        550,757,440 — Scream & Shout
        272,168,768 — Work Bitch
        171,456,651 — Criminal
        140,144,679 — Till The World Ends
        125,047,858 — Make Me
        118,948,699 — I Wanna Go
        77,205,282 — Pretty Girls
        70,948,160 — Slumber Party
        64,450,630 — Hold it Against Me

2020s
        55,925,364 — Toxic Pony
        50,505,466 — Hold Me Closer

Comment

• By the way … since when expectations for this song turned so insanely ambitous to the point of getting a few people treating this song as if it was OUT of the Hot 100 or something? … Last thing I remember is that prior to release when the song got announced we were crossing fingers for a 2M Spotify update on the OPENING DAY …. If someone had told me that this would be getting 1,5M updates on Spotify alone nearly 30 days after it’s release I would have not believed it. This is great for Britney.

Second, what’s with these dupe trolls constantly posting about this “not being embraced” by GP? This is not a bubbling under song we’re talking about. A song that is on the race to hit Top 10 in UK for a 4th consecutive week and that it’s not looking to leave the Hot 100’s Top 40 anytime soon is far from being an ignored song, this is embraced!. Try harder next time.

Third, Can you stop trolling? Acting as if the song is pulling “Terrible” streams when the numbers are clearly Britney’s best of all time numbers it’s dumb. The lame excuse that just because it’s on TTH playlist the song then should pull +10M daily streams or something out of this world doesn’t make sense as there are songs on that playlist that are pulling worse numbers than HMC. Ridiculous statements

And finally. Demand sometimes is not about an specific number but about pleasing the core or target audience. TTH is not removing this song from their playlist due to “low demand” or “concerning numbers”, on the contrary they have been increasing the song’s position on their playlist every week because they are seeing good results, they wouldn’t increase the song’s position if they didn’t notice the song is working with the target audience. This won’t get urban type of numbers because this doesn’t have any crossover factor appeal outside of the pop field. Every song is different and this has proven to be a song that has been able to please it’s target, core and stable audience steadily and effectively for basically a month. That’s why TTH is embracing it!
          Last edited by MrLeonix; Wed September 21, 2022, 14:34.
          Rock lives forever: Led Zeppelin . Metallica . Pink Floyd . Nirvana . Radiohead . Pearl Jam . Oasis . Iron Maiden . Nine Inch Nails
          Approved Popstars: Michael Jackson . Madonna . Britney Spears . Beyoncé . Rihanna

Comment

• Haters are so pressed it has 'massive reach' then why it isn't no 1 on all playlists? Does David Guetta has more money than Elton John then?

Kindly admit the fact that the song is not 'Cold Heart' but it's smashing in it's own way it's not Britney's fault that your faves have flopped.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
              And finally. Demand sometimes is not about an specific number but about pleasing the core or target audience. TTH is not removing this song from their playlist due to “low demand” or “concerning numbers”, on the contrary they have been increasing the song’s position on their playlist every week because they are seeing good results, they wouldn’t increase the song’s position if they didn’t notice the song is working with the target audience. This won’t get urban type of numbers because this doesn’t have any crossover factor appeal outside of the pop field. Every song is different and this has proven to be a song that has been able to please it’s target, core and stable audience steadily and effectively for basically a month. That’s why TTH is embracing it!
              Exactly this. I can think of so many songs that started at #1 on Today's Top Hits (or other big playlists like Viva Latino or RapCaviar) and then were out of the Top 10 a couple weeks later. That's a bad result. Means the demand just wasn't as big as they expected.

But, if a song goes from #21 > #15 > #13 > #11 > #10... wouldn't that mean the opposite? We're not talking about any playlist. It's far and away the most important playlist in the industry. The editors don't think "everyone is skipping this, so let's make it go higher".

Comment

• USA sales are probably around 300k now

Comment

• Up to #27 on the overall radio chart (kworb edition).
                  Britney Spears
                  Madonna
                  Janet

Comment

• Up to #7 on Hot Hits UK. This is the highest it has been yet!

Comment

• The song has crossed 625.000 shazam plays.

if rumors are true In less than 24 hours we will have new versions of the song

Comment

• Yay at the uk increase on hots hits that’s great

Comment

• I still don’t know why some people still be like „this is not like CH“ or „that doesn’t pull the same numbers like CH“ when CH wasn’t even close to HMCs peaks 3 weeks after its release lol

If we really wanna compare those two songs than we should wait a bit longer!

Comment

• So cool to see this hit top ten on TTH! Let's keep streaming and take it into the top 5!
                            " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
                            Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• 9 in the uk midweeks today, have a funny feeling it will end up 11 on Friday

Comment

• Hopefully with the Hot Hits increase it can manage to stay in the Top 10!

Comment

• Comment

• CANADIAN HOT 100 AIRPLAY CHART (AUDIENCE IMPRESSIONS):

11 (26) 3 HOLD ME CLOSER Elton John & Britney Spears 4.502 million audience impressions [New Peak]

Comment

• Hold me Closer current stats on Spotify:

PLAYLISTS
                                      CURRENT

PLAYLIST REACH
                                      CURRENT
                                      161M
                                      " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
                                      Stan of Meredith.

Comment

• Shazam Italy
                                        #10 Hold Me Closer (new peak)

Shazam Spain
                                        #9 Hold Me Closer
                                        Top 10 on airplay, Top 10 on Shazam... time to add it to the local Spotify playlists

Comment

• The fact that the music video will probably give her a second wind too (and a major one if she is in it) longevity queen!

Comment

• NEW ZEALAND'S RADIO AIRPLAY CHART:

03 (06) 5 Hold Me Closer 778 plays [New Peak, +157 plays. Total: 2,558 plays]

Comment

• Predicted to Stay at 26

Comment

• Still #9 in the UK mids

Comment

• First negative radio update today

Comment

• Originally posted by Britneysdream View Post
                                                    First negative radio update today
                                                    Had a feeling it would be today.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X