No announcement yet.

Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ I think all of the European dates and Australian dates from the "Circus tour" were reported. Wikipedia is just not trustable. Her wikipedia pages don't update many of her stuff.
    Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• 130.2 mil gross for Piece of Me residency. 1.7 mil till it surpasses Circus Tour gross

Comment

• ^ Hi Bney how are you?
        Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix
          ^ I think all of the European dates and Australian dates from the "Circus tour" were reported. Wikipedia is just not trustable. Her wikipedia pages don't update many of her stuff.
          I could be wrong, but I don't think they ever got reported. I've checked everywhere. Which is a shame because the European and Australian shows that did get reported did so well. :-?

Only these international shows got reported:

June 3-14, 2009 - London, UK - 139,778 / 139,778 - $9,959,306
          July 11, 2009 - Copenhagen, Denmark - 44,821 / 44,821 - $4,928,523
          November 16-20, 2009 - Sydney, Australia - 66,247 / 69,640 - $9,085,822
          November 22-25, 2009 - Brisbane, Australia - 29,457 / 39,876 - $4,053,770

The following shows were never reported:
          June 19-20, 2009 - The O2 - Dublin, Ireland
          July 4-6, 2009 - Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy - Paris, France
          July 9, 2009 - Sportpaleis - Antwerp, Belgium
          July 13-14, 2009 - Ericsson Globe - Stockholm, Sweden
          July 16, 2009 - Hartwall Areena - Helsinki, Finland
          July 19, 2009 - Ice Palace - St. Petersburg, Russia
          July 21, 2009 - Olimpiiski - Moscow, Russia
          July 26, 2009 - O2 World - Berlin, Germany
          November 6, 2009 - Burswood Dome - Perth, Australia
          November 11-13, 2009 - Rod Laver Arena - Melbourne, Australia
          November 27, 2009 - Rod Laver Arena - Melbourne, Australia
          November 29, 2009 - Adelaide Entertainment Centre - Adelaide, Australia

Comment

• ^ All of those dates or at least a big majority of them were reported, I remember them. But her different Wikipedia pages are a mess. Trust me.

Comment

• "In the Zone" was released 14 years ago today!

"In the Zone" is the fourth studio album by American singer Britney Spears. It was released on November 12, 2003 through Jive Records. Its music incorporates dance, house, reggae, trip hop, and hip hop styles with instrumentation from guitars, drums, synthesizers, strings, and Middle Eastern musical instruments. Its themes range from love, dancing, empowerment, and in the case of songs such as "Touch of My Hand", sex and masturbation. Contributions to the album's production came from a wide range of producers, including Bloodshy & Avant, R. Kelly, Trixster, Moby, Guy Sigsworth and The Matrix.
              -Debuted at #1 on the US Billboard 200 with first-week sales of 609,000 copies
              -7,000,000 copies sold worldwide
              -Made Britney the first female in history to have her first four albums debut at #1 on the US Billboard 200
              -Britney's most streamed album on Spotify
              -Spawed two #1 hits in the UK ("Toxic", "Everytime")
              -Spawed three #1 hits in Australia ("Me Against the Music"; "Toxic", "Everytime")
              -Spawed three #1 hits in Ireland ("Me Against the Music"; "Toxic", "Everytime")
              -One of the best-selling albums of the 2000s decade
              -"Toxic" was the 9th best-selling single of 2004 in the UK
              -"Everytime" was the 18th best-selling single of 2004 in the UK
              -17,350,000 records sold worldwide
              -"Toxic" won Britney her first Grammy Award for Best Dance Recording
              -One of only three albums in history to have all singles go to #1 in Australia
              -Certified in 38 countries
              -NPR included the album on "The 50 Most Important Recordings of the Decade" list, calling it "a primer on the sound of pop in the '00s"

Worldwide sales (courtesy of http//chartmasters.org and Britney.com)

America
              US – 3,300,000
              Canada – 350,000
              Argentina – 50,000
              Brazil – 120,000
              Mexico – 150,000
              Venezuela – 10,000
              Chile – 17,500

Asia – 1,080,000
              Japan – 450,000
              South Korea – 135,000
              Taiwan – 35,000
              Hong Kong – 20,000
              Philippines – 55,000
              Indonesia – 160,000
              Malaysia – 25,000
              Thailand – 85,000
              Singapore – 20,000
              India – 25,000

Oceania
              Australia – 120,000
              New Zealand – 15,000
              Africa
              South Africa – 35,000

Europe – 1,620,000
              UK – 550,000
              France – 280,000
              Germany – 215,000
              Italy – 70,000
              Spain – 75,000
              Sweden – 35,000
              Netherlands – 40,000
              Switzerland – 35,000
              Austria – 30,000
              Finland – 15,000
              Ireland – 30,000
              Portugal – 25,000
              Greece – 10,000
              Turkey – 5,000
              Belgium – 40,000
              Czech Republic – 12,500
              Hungary – 15,000
              Poland – 10,000
              Denmark – 25,000
              Norway – 25,000
              Russia – 50,000

Happy 14th anniversary to this amazing pop album and undoubtedly one of Britney's most important eras!

The peaks for the singles in the UK, Australia, Ireland and Canada are so nice to look at

UK:
              #2 "Me Against the Music"
              #1 "Toxic"
              #1 "Everytime"

Australia:
              #1 "Me Against the Music"
              #1 "Toxic"
              #1 "Everytime"

Ireland:
              #1 "Me Against the Music"
              #1 "Toxic"
              #1 "Everytime"

Canada:
              #2 "Me Against the Music"
              #1 "Toxic"
              #2 "Everytime"

Comment

• Happy Birthday „In The Zone“ It‘s such a good album. Still a shame her label didn‘t release „Outrageous“ due to her knee injury. Otherwise the album could have sold 3,5 Million units or even more in America.

Her peaks in Germany are impressive too:

Me against the music #5
                Toxic #4
                Everytime #4

Everytime was even succesful than Toxic, it had a longer chart-run inside the Top 10 and peaked at #20 in the year-end charts 2004. Toxic placed at #37.

Comment

• Happy 14th anniversary to Britney's most defining album and best era!!

I think the album was really successful for only having 3 global singles, it just proves this was going to outsell her previous album "Britney" if she had continued working on the era until the end. The released singles are top-notched regardless and the main three showcase a different side of Britney as a dancer (MATM), epic Pop star (Toxic), deep songwriter (Everytime). She has not shown before or after this much diversity in style and approaches as a an artist. She was ahead of the pop scene with this one.

This is pretty much the public's favorite Britney studio album these days, there is a reason why it is her most streamed album and her singles are so remembered and adored, its a pop era worthy of revisit.

"Toxic" and "Eveeytime" are always among her top catalogue selling songs and the 3 singles were all global hits.

Comment

• HAPPY 17th ANNIVERSARY TO "STRONGER" !!

"Stronger" served as Oops I did it again's 3rd single and was another hit song for Spears, it became her 7th consecutive Top 10 single in UK, the song was also a hit in the US almost reaching the Top 10 on the Hot 100 with a #11 peak. Overall "Stronger" has sold nearly 2million units in pure sales according to 'MjDangerous'.

This single was just epic

Comment

• Re: Britney Spears :: Charts & Sales History ::

My favourite Britney song! Wish this was remembered as well as her other classics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikerocha
                        What I’m refering to its the total consumption numners for the album.

In 2008 physical/digital sales were the main form of sale of the albhm. So the total sales were the final number. Today streaming is more relevant, so to give us an idea of the actual success of the album, SPS is needed. So if Witness hits 1 million SPS worldwide, it is a million seller. That’s all I was trying to get to.
                        I'm taking inspiration from this post that I saw in other thread, so I want to proclaim "Britney Jean" is a million seller album, what applies to others also applies to Britney right? . . . "Britney Jean" - 1,3million SPS worldwide.

Britney has 10 million selling albums (8 studio albums + 2 compilations).

Comment

HAPPY 17th ANNIVERSARY TO "STRONGER" !!

"Stronger" served as Oops I did it again's 3rd single and was another hit song for Spears, it became her 7th consecutive Top 10 single in UK, the song was also a hit in the US almost reaching the Top 10 on the Hot 100 with a #11 peak. Overall "Stronger" has sold nearly 2million units in pure sales according to 'MjDangerous'.

This single was just epic
                          Happy Birthday to this gem One of my favorite Britney songs ever. And it was quite successful too (I'm still pressed about the #11 peak )

-105,000,000+ streams (VEVO and Spotify)
                          -Certified in Australia, Denmark, France, New Zealand, Sweden, UK, USA
                          -Top 10 in 12 countries
                          -14th best-selling single of 2001 in the USA

Top 5: Austria, Europe, Germany, Poland, Sweden
                          Top 10: Canada, Finland, Ireland, Romania, Scotland, Switzerland, UK
                          Top 20: Australia, Belgium, Denmark, France, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, USA

A teen pop classic!

Comment

• Love this song It also received the gold certification in Germany Her seven-strike Top 10 entry ended with that song.

BTW:

My Only Wish

Spotify:
                            #104 Denmark

Denmark loves this song, I believe the song will get some re-peaks in Europe. Unfortunately the song is very unknown in America

Comment

• "Slumber Party" turns 1 year today !

The stunning gem produced by Mattman & Robin brought Reggae to Britney Spears' repertoire and served as Glory's second single to critical praise. The song was not a major hit on the Billboard Hot 100 but it extended Britney's streak to 20 consecutive Hot 100 entries since 2007. Commercially modest it still reached top 40 on Radio and was a #1 club hit.

Happy 1st anniversary to "Slumber Party", Truly one of Britney's finest releases.

Comment

• Happy 1st anniversary to this fantastic bop! One of Britney's best releases in recent years for sure. It's very classic Britney and at the same time it's very current. Deserved to be much bigger. Top notch production, clever lyrics and good vocals.

The video has 72 million views on YouTube which is pretty bad for the streaming era, however, it's actually not that disastrous considering the song did nothing on the charts, and other recent pop videos have done worse. It had a very solid start on YouTube (5.6 million views in 24 hours, more than Pretty Girls and almost as much as Work Bitch), but unfortunately it slowed down a lot due to lack of promo and airplay. At least it surpassed the Make Me video and will get certified one day.

If she released this like two months earlier and actually promoted it, I'm sure would've have been a decent hit. I wonder if it's close to Gold in the USA (SPS).

Comment

• "Piece of Me" has officially reached 100 million views on VEVO, becoming Britney's 13th video to reach this milestone!

Comment

• ^ Cool !

Now we have

Toxic - 292,1 million

And

I'm a slave 4 U - 95 million
                                    Everytime - 92,3 million
                                    Sometimes - 91,7 million

Comment

• For a 10-year old music video, 100 million views is achievement. It furthers the classicness and epicness of Piece of Me both the song and the video.

Comment

• We're close to Year-end charts period, so here's some cool revisit.

.... Remembering how Britney with a 6th studio album and 11 years of career at the time:

- Set the #6 best selling album of 2009 on the Billboard 200 year end chart
                                        - Ranked as the #7 biggest singles artist of 2009 on the Hot 100 artists year end chart
                                        - Got the Biggest solo Tour of 2009 in the USA
                                        - Scored the #10 biggest song of 2009 on the IFPI annual report

How many girls slay with a 6th studio album? ... The group is pretty exclusive, thats for sure!

Comment

She was very big with Circus. Great comeback album.
                                          2009 was a huge year for pop divas.
                                          Diva!!!

Comment

I don't get how Make Me id not chart higher. I heard that song everywhere, and I barely listen to the radio.
                                            Diva!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TIfan
                                              I don't get how Make Me id not chart higher. I heard that song everywhere, and I barely listen to the radio.
                                              Well the song peaked at #17 on the Billboard Hot 100, so of course you heard it and were exposed to a Top 20 song. Some people forget "Make me" actually did Ok in the US.

It probably didn't chart higher because it lacked more streaming power, the music video didn't help.

Comment

Originally posted by TIfan
                                                Well the song peaked at #17 on the Billboard Hot 100, so of course you heard it and were exposed to a Top 20 song. Some people forget "Make me" actually did Ok in the US.

It probably didn't chart higher because it lacked more streaming power, the music video didn't help.
                                                I heard it more than many songs that were top 5 hits, which is what I was trying to say. The song was a hit, but I thought it was a top 3 hit because I heard it everywhere. Ad that to the fact that I do not listen to much music on the radio.
                                                Diva!!!

Comment

I heard it more than many songs that were top 5 hits, which is what I was trying to say. The song was a hit, but I thought it was a top 3 hit because I heard it everywhere. Ad that to the fact that I do not listen to much music on the radio.
                                                  Thats cool to know, well it depends where you heard it. For example here where I live I also listened to the song a lot in many places (stores, bars, shopping malls, etc) however I rarely heard it on Radio, so it was like the song was everywhere but not exactly on Radio, that was my experience at least with it where I live.

In the US only radio counts for charts tho, so it doesn't matter for charts if you heard the song outside of the radio, You may have also heard it on clubs while you were out or something since the song was a #1 club hit in US. "Make me" did hit strong on Radio during its first weeks in the US tho.

Comment

I heard the song in bars, car, stores etc... Its actually a really nice song. I guess there are some messed up rules when it comes to Hot100.
                                                    Diva!!!

Comment

I heard the song in bars, car, stores etc... Its actually a really nice song. I guess there are some messed up rules when it comes to Hot100.
                                                      Yep, there was some buzz for "Make me" in the US when it came out and actually I think her "Glory" era started well, Top 20 single, solid debut numbers, good critical support, etc, I mean there are many artists that are already pulling worse debuts and numbers than "Glory" now ..... But after she released it there was no new single for months. "Make me" was released in July and by early November there wasn't a second single, the album was sent to death and then it was impossible to recover it. Music industry is so fast-paced these days that when an album / era loses momentum its really hard to gain it back.

Comment

• New boxscore!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by matheusbelmont
                                                          New boxscore!!!
                                                          Where?

Comment

• Average:
                                                            $765,792 gross
                                                            4,184 attendance
                                                            $183.04 ticket price

So far, Piece of Me residency grossed $132,450,099 and sold 893,631 tickets in 244 shows.

Average:
                                                            $542,828 gross
                                                            3,662 attendance
                                                            $148.22 ticket price

Comment

• Amazing results!

Originally posted by Instinct
                                                              Great boxscores. There are 3 shows missing, probably around $600k from Wednesday (didn’t look that great), $750k from Friday and $800-850k from Saturday for a total of $8.4 million this leg.
                                                              I underestimated her a bit Almost $2.3 million.

Leg 21 grossed $8,588,938 from 12 shows 49,771 tickets sold (92.9% sold out)??????? $715k average per show

2013:
                                                              Leg 1: $617,505

2014:
                                                              Leg 2: $667,606
                                                              Leg 3: $654,234
                                                              Leg 4: $625,505
                                                              Leg 5: $489,838
                                                              Leg 6: $699,912

2015:
                                                              Leg 7: $428,131
                                                              Leg 8: $458,893
                                                              Leg 9: $456,431
                                                              Leg 10: $412,030
                                                              Leg 11: $490,017

2016:
                                                              Leg 12: $500,961
                                                              Leg 13: $568,459
                                                              Leg 14: $511,519
                                                              Leg 15: $572,676
                                                              Leg 16: $486,137

2017:
                                                              Leg 17: $511,641
                                                              Leg 18: $603,032
                                                              Leg 19: $650,556
                                                              Leg 20: $624,196
                                                              Leg 21: $715,744

For comparison purposes...
                                                              October 2014 - 55,617 / 77,443 - $8,327,249 ($489,838 per show) (17 shows)
                                                              October 2015 - 55,705 / 75,237 - $7,416,541 ($412,030 per show) (18 shows)
                                                              October 2016 - 49,934 / 63,163 - $7,292,060 ($486,137 per show) (15 shows)
                                                              October 2017 - 49,771 / 58,538 - $8,588,938 ($715,744 per show) (12 shows)

The December 19 show is almost sold out!

Comment

Working...
                                                              X