Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instinct
    replied
    Maybe I would've been nicer if you didn't have a story of causing trouble in other threads....and your first reply wasn't exactly nice either. But anyway. The YouTube numbers come from https://charts.youtube.com/. Type the artist name, change the date to past 12 months and type the country, in this case, the US.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    ^^ Firstly I never questioned the audio converted streams. When I quoted you the figure you were working with was 300 million.
    So now there is nothing wrong with my reading comprehension, I simply asked you to show receipts for your claims that she had totalled circa 500k, which you have now done. Of course I'm not going to doubt official receipts, which is why I asked you to provide them, which surely you could have done in the first place without being rude. Thanks.

Are those youtube views all from official sources, as they are the only ones that count for sales purposes ?
    Last edited by InFamous; Today, 01:51.

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied
    InFamous Let me make it clear for you, since apparently you lack reading comprehension.

378.9 million AUDIO streams in the past 12 months is an official figure, not speculation. And they equal to 252k album sales. Now that we got that very clear, let's take a look into her album sales.

January 2019
    Spears has sold 33.6 million albums in the U.S.

May 2020
    Spears has sold 33.8 million albums in the U.S.

That's an increase of 200k in 16 months. Around 150k in a year. But these numbers are rounded so yeah could be anywhere between 100-150k. Remember, her vinyl re-issues sell like hot cakes and that's why she had such a big increase.

According to YouTube, she's gained 163 million views in the US over the past 12 months. That's 108k albums (and yes, they do count for certification purposes whether you like it or not).

Pure Album Sales - 100-150k
    Audio Equivalent Sales - 252k
    Video Equivalent Sales - 108k
    Track Equivalent Sales - ?
    Total: 460-510k

All of these numbers are based off official sources like Billboard and Rolling Stone (which compiles data from Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal, etc), so tell me again, how are we just "speculating"?

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by Instinct View Post
    What exactly is your point? You stay fishing for arguments in all the diva threads and for what?
    I made my point in my first reply, that your number was just pulled out of nowhere. Looks like you are the one who wants to argue ?
    Unless you have receipts for what you claim you are just speculating.

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied
    What exactly is your point? You stay fishing for arguments in all the diva threads and for what?

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Originally posted by pedrolabre View Post

Youtube started to count for Billboard in 2019

for RIAA have always been a factor
    Incorrect, not for albums. For singles yes. That person was talking about albums. It was announced in Dec 13, 2019 and started to count from Jan 3rd.

https://www.vulture.com/2019/12/bill...e-streams.html

For RIAA yes you're right but only from official sources. But they dont recognize anything until you hit a certification level and they ignore any sales that fall between those levels basically.
    Last edited by InFamous; Yesterday, 15:20.

Leave a comment:

• Enzolorenzo
    replied
    Originally posted by InFamous View Post

So it was just a guess then.

What track sales ? Also youtube only started counting for albums at the turn of the year, they didn't in 2019. So all her audio streams from everywhere are probably factored into that 300 million figure. Receipts for the 100,000 pure albums sold in 2019 ?
    Those 378,9 million streams are from the Rolling Stone artists chart and I’m pretty sure they don’t count YouTube views, but RIAA does

Leave a comment:

• Enzolorenzo
    replied
    Also Circus has most likely surpassed 3M SPS units in the US imo.
    1,7M pure sales
    9,345,000 track sales (based on the numbers in the OP)
    414M US streams from Womanizer and Circus alone (confirmed by Billboard)

That adds up to 2,910,000 SPS. I’m pretty sure the rest of the album can add up to 90k units from streaming

Leave a comment:

• Britneysdream
    replied
    378.9 million USA streams means she sold 2.5 million single units and 252,000 album equivalent units! Not too shabby for a year

Leave a comment:

• pedrolabre
    replied

Leave a comment:

• pedrolabre
    replied

What track sales ? Also youtube only started counting for albums at the turn of the year, they didn't in 2019. So all her audio streams from everywhere are probably factored into that 300 million figure. Receipts for the 100,000 pure albums sold in 2019 ?
    Youtube started to count for Billboard in 2019

for RIAA have always been a factor

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    Nice try but 300 million audio streams = 200,000 albums. She sold ~100,000 albums in 2019 (pure) according to Billboard. Add YouTube and track sales and the figure is probably not too far off from reality.

Leave a comment:

• pedrolabre
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ksg22
    replied
    Certifications are useless in the US. You could be the highest selling artist of all time and have zero certifications. They either need to be automatic....or how about just do away with them all together?

I just listened to the Mood Ring pride remix and I love it! Well done. I wonder why it got that big boost July 3 as I thought most pride parties were cancelled this year.

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied

That figure seems like something you kinda came up with without any basis. Just a complete guess.
    Nice try but 300 million audio streams = 200,000 albums. She sold ~100,000 albums in 2019 (pure) according to Billboard. Add YouTube and track sales and the figure is probably not too far off from reality.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by matheusbelmont View Post

Considering a properly update of her entire catalogue, would she enter this list?
    She would enter the list easily.

Leave a comment:

• pedrolabre
    commented on 's reply
    I believe she would pass the 100M mark

Her singles pure sales are over 40M and she has over 3.7B US streams

So something like 60M in singles units + 46M album units

• matheusbelmont
    replied

Considering a properly update of her entire catalogue, would she enter this list?
    Last edited by matheusbelmont; Yesterday, 00:16.

Leave a comment:

• InFamous
    replied
    That's 200K albums sold in the past year based off audio streams in the US alone. Add pure sales + YouTube + track sales and you get around 450-500K.
    That figure seems like something you kinda came up with without any basis. Just a complete guess.

Leave a comment:

• Britneysdream
    replied
    Not bad 500k in album sales per year is amazing, also have to remember she has no new music for 4 years now

I personally think her album sales if you combine everything pure streams and club sales your looking at 43 million total units in the USA

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied
    That's 200K albums sold in the past year based off audio streams in the US alone. Add pure sales + YouTube + track sales and you get around 450-500K.

Leave a comment:

• Angeman
    commented on 's reply
    It was Christmas time so all albums were selling more. She has just been incredibly unlucky in the UK.

• pedrolabre
    replied

Leave a comment:

• matheusbelmont
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Choley
    replied
    Originally posted by Ivica View Post

UK

76,231 - Circus
    44,500 - Britney
    39,000 - In the Zone
    28,000 - ...Baby One More Time
    10,123 - Glory
    Thank you guys.I'm really surprised that Circus debuted at #4 with those sales.It must be a busy week

and as for Bomt's first week in Canada must be around +20k

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by Ivica View Post

UK

76,231 - Circus
    44,500 - Britney
    39,000 - In the Zone
    28,000 - ...Baby One More Time
    10,123 - Glory
    115,341 - Greatest Hits: My Prerogative

Leave a comment:

• Ivica
    replied
    Canada first week album sales

Femme Fatale - 31,000
    Britney Jean - 11,000
    Glory - 9,000
    ...Baby One More Time ?

Leave a comment:

• Britneysdream
    replied
    Pretty surprised it re entered in the uk sales chart top 100

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied
    Scotland

#64 (RE) Mood Ring

Leave a comment:

• Ivica
    replied
    Originally posted by Choley View Post
    Hey guys i'm looking for her first week album sales in Canada (including Bomt in Canada) and UK.Does anybody know that sales?
    Canada UK
    Oops 95,275 88,000
    Britney 44,550
    ITZ 31,000
    GH:MP 20,400 115,341
    Blackout 29,000 42,000
    Circus 51,000
    Femme Fatale 31,650
    BJ 12,959
    Glory

UK

76,231 - Circus