Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instinct
    replied
    I understand what both nympho and MrLeonix are trying to say. Both have made some valid points. I'd just like to add that "Criminal" went viral on TikTok before it was included on Hits Rewind. So that's probably the reason it was added to begin with. Even before that it was getting more streams than "Hold It Against Me", "Til the World Ends" and "I Wanna Go."

Leave a comment:

• ksg22
    replied
    Originally posted by nympho View Post
    ^
    I wasn’t shady towards playlists at all...

I agree to certain extent to what you’re saying. There’s got to be some demand for a song to be included on a playlist... but it’s a fact Criminal wouldn’t be getting those numbers if it wasn’t included on a 5M followers playlists for months.
    Probably more streams than HIAM and TTWE... but not that much.
    I'm with Mr. Leonix on this one. If feel you are kinda missing the point. This isn't a chicken before the egg scenario...demand has to be there first for a song to even make it on to a playlist, and once it does make it, demand has to continue or it will be removed.

I imagine "Criminal" is doing better than the other singles because it isn't dated to the sound of 2011, and has lyrics that are actually about something other than partying.

Also my original point still stands--it's important to push multiple singles so that songs like Criminal aren't stuck as just album tracks. Because album tracks definitely won't be making it on to those 5M playlists!

Leave a comment:

• pedrolabre
    replied

1.492.996.716 — Baby One More Time
    1.316.396.378 — In The Zone
    1.211.358.007 — Femme Fatale
    1.087.943.329 — Circus
    1.072.344.931 — Oops I Did it Again
    828.534.662 — Blackout
    692.678.958 — Britney
    690.600.593 — Britney Jean
    558.643.182 — Glory

Leave a comment:

• JeremySpears
    replied

Pretty legendary.

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by matheusbelmont View Post
    Criminal’s power

Leave a comment:

• matheusbelmont
    replied

Monthly Update:
    In the Zone - 13,506,977
    Oops!...I Did It Again - 11,784,447
    ...Baby One More Time - 10,844,613
    Circus - 10,006,758
    Blackout - 6,837,444
    Femme Fatale - 6,377,987
    Britney - 4,219,757
    Britney Jean - 3,347,292
    Glory - 2,564,991

- Oops!...I Did It Again will hit 500 million next month (October 2020).
    - Circus will hit 500 million in 5 months (February 2021).
    - Femme Fatale will hit 400 million in 5 months (February 2021).
    - In the Zone will hit 700 million in 6 months (April 2021).
    - ...Baby One More Time will hit 600 million in 9 months (June 2021).
    - Blackout will hit 400 million in 14 months (November 2021).

Leave a comment:

• pedrolabre
    replied

34.968.410 - Toxic
    20.724.186 - Baby One More Time
    16.038.909 - Oops I Did it Again
    15.321.109 - Womanizer
    13.873.784 - Gimme More
    13.244.365 - Scream & Shout
    11.837.297 - Circus
    8.209.181 - Criminal
    7.816.475 - If U Seek Amy
    6.184.929 - I Wanna Go
    5.996.817 - Work Bitch
    4.831.788 - Im A Slave 4 U
    3.809.835 - 3
    3.638.190 - Till The World Ends
    2.793.583 - Sometimes
    2.638.577 - Piece of Me
    2.494.205 - Break the Ice
    2.416.017 - Lucky
    2.369.078 - Overprotected
    2.199.585 - Stronger
    2.070.484 - Everytime
    1.883.208 - Ooh La La
    1.782.250 - You Drive Me Crazy
    1.697.530 - Radar
    1.643.916 - Hold it Against Me
    1.575.057 - Pretty Girls
    1.568.782 - Mood Ring
    1.336.027 - Born to Make You Happy
    1.321.189 - Drop Dead Beautiful
    1.170.305 - Me Against The Music
    1.092.095 - Im Not a Girl Not yet a Woman
    1.013.671 - Get Naked

Leave a comment:

• pedrolabre
    replied
    Britney discography has 238.798.702 streams based only on videos Auto-Generated by Youtube

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    ^

I agree to certain extent to what you’re saying. There’s got to be some demand for a song to be included on a playlist... but it’s a fact Criminal wouldn’t be getting those numbers if it wasn’t included on a 5M followers playlists for months.
    Yes I know.

But that’s exactly the point, obviously if a song gets playlisted it’ll reach a wider audience in the same way a song will get more audience if it gets playlisted on Radio, it’s not that different. The thing is that you wouldn’t get to those playlists if the song doesn’t justify all that with demand.

HIAM and TTWE don’t have that same playlist support “Criminal” has ... but the real question is, could HIAM and TTWE really get into the playlists in first place? Probably not because there’s no demand for them. They would get more streams if they got playlisted sure, but getting playlisted is the hard part. That’s the point.

Back in 2011 any radio station would give priority to either HIAM, TTWE and IWG over “Criminal” any day ..... why? Because those songs had better reception and demand during that year. Nowadays is the other way around, “Criminal” would get the priority and playlists on Spotify because it’s having better reception and demand than any other FF single in 2020.

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    ^

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied

Well, I love Criminal and I'm glad it's getting recognition... But playlists play a big part in how a song performs in the long run despite its original chart run.

Criminal is feautured on a really big Spotify playlist, "Hits Rewind" (currently placed at #12), with over 5 million followers. And it's been there for months (according to Spotontrack). Her only other song on that playlist is Work Bitch.

On the other hand, Hold It Against Me's biggest playlist is Britney's own "This is..." (500k) and then Britney's playlist "20 years of Oops". (125k). Not included on any Spotify editorial playlist.
    TTWE biggest Spotify playlist is "The Party Hits of the 2010's" with 590k followers and then "This is...".

... And playlists have to do with demand.

If “Criminal” is included in such big playlist it’s because it has the demand, the skip ratios, the performance and the audience that can justify the inclusion in that playlist. There is a reason it’s “Criminal” the song included there and not any other of her many hits. There’s clear revived interest on “Criminal”, it’s been going viral from time to time on TikTok, Youtube views skyrocketted for the last couple years, and obviously consumers will show that same behavior on Spotify which ended up translating into it’s addition in a big playlist.

”Hold It Against Me” has poor playlist support because there’s literally no demand for it in 2020.

I know it’s not what you implied but I wish people would stop accusing playlists as a cheating tool (I’ve seen it in many threads, people shading playlists). Playlists are controlled by demand and when a song doesn’t get playlisted is because there’s not enough demand to be there in the exact same way a Radio station won’t playlist a song if there’s not enough demand for it.
    Last edited by MrLeonix; Yesterday, 20:45.

Leave a comment:

• nympho
    replied
    Originally posted by ksg22 View Post
    "Criminal" is a perfect example of why artists should not just release two singles and move on. Because you never know which song will 1) catch on during the album era and 2) stand the test of time and become a recurrent hit. Legacy artists are especially bad for this and Britney has done it for her last two albums. Even if the m/v is on a budget, just do it anyway and send the song to radio. I don't think anyone would've thought "Criminal" would be her 8th most popular streaming song ten years after the album was released.
    Well, I love Criminal and I'm glad it's getting recognition... But playlists play a big part in how a song performs in the long run despite its original chart run.

Criminal is feautured on a really big Spotify playlist, "Hits Rewind" (currently placed at #12), with over 5 million followers. And it's been there for months (according to Spotontrack). Her only other song on that playlist is Work Bitch.

On the other hand, Hold It Against Me's biggest playlist is Britney's own "This is..." (500k) and then Britney's playlist "20 years of Oops". (125k). Not included on any Spotify editorial playlist.
    TTWE biggest Spotify playlist is "The Party Hits of the 2010's" with 590k followers and then "This is...".

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    “Criminal” won’t ever die!

Originally posted by Instinct View Post
    Not again A smash tho! Coming for 100 million streams in a few months.
    Yep. In a few months she’ll have 3 studio albums with multiple 100million songs:

- Circus (2 songs)
    - Baby One More Time (2 songs)
    - Femme Fatale (2 songs)

Each album from a different decade (90s, 00s and 10s)

Leave a comment:

• ksg22
    replied
    "Criminal" is a perfect example of why artists should not just release two singles and move on. Because you never know which song will 1) catch on during the album era and 2) stand the test of time and become a recurrent hit. Legacy artists are especially bad for this and Britney has done it for her last two albums. Even if the m/v is on a budget, just do it anyway and send the song to radio. I don't think anyone would've thought "Criminal" would be her 8th most popular streaming song ten years after the album was released.

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied
    Not again A smash tho! Coming for 100 million streams in a few months.

Leave a comment:

• Enzolorenzo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AndiIversen
    replied
    Thank you for the numbers MrLeonix !

Leave a comment:

• adamf2thedeath
    replied
    Originally posted by Instinct View Post
    ...Baby One More Time – 1.210.000 (December 2018)
    Oops!... I Did It Again – 917,000 (January 2020)
    Britney – 459,500 (August 2016)
    In the Zone – 540,000 (November 2018)
    Greatest Hits: My Prerogative – 1,032,114 (August 2018)
    Blackout – 291,075 (October 2017)
    Circus – 353,451 (March 2011)
    The Singles Collection – 237,219 (September 2020)
    Femme Fatale – 100.000 (June 2016)

The Essential Britney Spears – 36,623 (August 2020)

All pure sales except for "The Singles Collection" and "The Essential". "Britney Jean" and "Glory" must be around 40-50k/20-25k, respectively.
    Thank you so much!

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post
    MrLeonix if you please,what's the total guesstimate for her overall sales over in LatinAmerica? (Pure sales vs Streams separated if possible)
    According to Chartmasters these are her PURE SALES in Latin America:

Baby One More Time - 1,294,000
    Oops I Did It Again - 1,113,000
    Britney - 653,000
    In The Zone - 401,000
    Greatest Hits: My Prerogative - 288,000
    Blackout - 155,000
    Circus - 213,000
    The Singles Collection - 150,000
    Femme Fatale - 180,000
    Britney Jean - 94,000
    Glory - 80,000

After the year 2000 piracy hit extremely hard in Latin America (a physical pirate market took over), after 2005 with the digital / youtube and file sharing sites popularity it only got worse as no one would buy albums anymore and it’s always been one of the more affected regions by piracy. So take into account that given the circumstances Britney’s pure sales remained very decent in Latin America over the years. Just you have an idea “Glory” sold about the same in Latin America than it did in the entire and much stronger European continent. So her music profile in Latin America always remained higher than in several other markets.

Knowing sps units in Latin America is very hard though.

With over 4,6 million albums sold (pure sales) in Latin America Britney is one of the biggest anglo artists of all time in that region and by far the biggest anglo artist of her generation in Latin America (for comparison purposes Eminem sold 2,3 million albums in Latin America and he was massive over here).

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    ^ It would be interesting to know the SPS units total though.

Leave a comment:

• Instinct
    replied
    Originally posted by adamf2thedeath View Post
    I would like an update on all her albums for the UK if anyone knows more recent figures that would be fabulous.
    ...Baby One More Time – 1.210.000 (December 2018)
    Oops!... I Did It Again – 917,000 (January 2020)
    Britney – 459,500 (August 2016)
    In the Zone – 540,000 (November 2018)
    Greatest Hits: My Prerogative – 1,032,114 (August 2018)
    Blackout – 291,075 (October 2017)
    Circus – 353,451 (March 2011)
    The Singles Collection – 237,219 (September 2020)
    Femme Fatale – 100.000 (June 2016)

The Essential Britney Spears – 36,623 (August 2020)

All pure sales except for "The Singles Collection" and "The Essential". "Britney Jean" and "Glory" must be around 40-50k/20-25k, respectively.

Leave a comment:

• adamf2thedeath
    replied
    I would like an update on all her albums for the UK if anyone knows more recent figures that would be fabulous.

Leave a comment:

• AndiIversen
    replied
    MrLeonix if you please,what's the total guesstimate for her overall sales over in LatinAmerica? (Pure sales vs Streams separated if possible)

Leave a comment:

• MrLeonix
    replied
    Originally posted by And then we kiss View Post
    Does anybody knowS how much blackout sold in Australia?
    according to aria website it’s platinum but according to this site it’s already double plat
    According to Chartmasters “Blackout” sold 90,000 copies (pure sales) in Australia. Which IMO seems very accurate (90K-100K seems to be a good amount).

Up until 2010 it was her second lowest selling album (out of her main 6 studio albums and 2 major compilations released at that time).

1. Baby One More Time - 320,000
    2. Oops I Did It Again - 240,000
    3. Greatest Hits: My Prerogative - 180,000
    4. Britney - 160,000
    5. Circus - 155,000
    6. In The Zone - 120,000
    7. Blackout - 90,000
    8. The Singles Collection - 40,000

Leave a comment:

• And then we kiss
    replied
    Does anybody knowS how much blackout sold in Australia?
    according to aria website it’s platinum but according to this site it’s already double plat
    https://books.google.co.il/books?id=...atinum&f=false

Leave a comment:

Working...
X