Tony Bennet & Lady Gaga :: The "Love for Sale" Era

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worldwide iTunes Album Chart - 2021/10/01
    1 +14 Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - Love For Sale 2 1 (x1)

Worldwide Apple Music Album Chart - 2021/10/01
    9 NEW Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga - Love For Sale 1 9

Comment

Comment

Oricon Japan (daily)

10 (New) Love For Sale

Comment

Originally posted by Moella View Post
          Oricon Japan (daily)

10 (New) Love For Sale
          Great! But top 10 for the week will be out of question then.

Comment

L4S 1st days sales in UK:

CD 1,343

Vinyl 887

Digital 235

Total: 2465 pure
            Last edited by ViviLittleM; Sat October 2, 2021, 11:44.

Comment

Originally posted by ViviLittleM View Post

L4S 1st days sales in UK:

CD 1,343

Vinyl 887

Digital 235

Total: 2465 pure
              I assume they’re not counting there yet the cassettes and bundles from her website?

Last week #10 in UK sold 4.3k… so Top 10 seems on lock unless there’s much competition this week and sales are higher.
              (C2C peaked at #10 in UK)

Comment

Originally posted by nympho View Post

I assume they’re not counting there yet the cassettes and bundles from her website?

Last week #10 in UK sold 4.3k… so Top 10 seems on lock unless there’s much competition this week and sales are higher.
                (C2C peaked at #10 in UK)
                Good question!
                Top 10 would already be great for a jazz album !

Comment

HDD

After a squeaker for #1 on last week’s HITS Top 50, the first chart of Q4 could be shaping up for a similar race. First-day sales and streams have MMG/Atlantic’s Meek Millprojecting about 90k with his 18-track Expensive Pain project. Last week’s runner-up, Drake’s Certified Lover Boy (OVO/Republic), would need to fall by one-third to give Meek a path to #1 based on today’s projection.

The real fight, however, may not come from a new release but from Taylor Swift’s Fearless (Taylor’s Version), via Republic. Vinyl pre-orders are shipping for this week’s chart, along with the signed CDs that were offered for 72 hours last week. While info is still forthcoming, a similar rollout was executed for evermore’s vinyl just three months ago; the album soared back to #1 with more than 200k in activity and set a single-week vinyl sales record for the modern era. Will Tay repeat this stunning performance? Stay tuned.

Meek Mill (MMG/Atlantic) 85-95k total activity, 1-3k albums
                  Tony Bennett & Lady Gaga(Interscope/Columbia) 35-40k, 33-37k
                  Well… Drake, Meek Mill and Taylor ahead then. #4 at best.
                  I guess the numbers could maybe go up to 50k with the 60 Minutes interview tonight…. But Top 5 anyway.

As I posted the other day, it was difficult to predict this time considering pure sales are dead and no real TV promo this week, so 60k was my best case scenario.

I wanted at least the #1 on Album Sales… but it’ll be #2 because of Taylor,

Comment

We were all aware that they won't sell 150K+ but 33K are really low!

Comment

Originally posted by sprock93 View Post
                      We were all aware that they won't sell 150K+ but 33K are really low!
                      jazz covers, songs from like 1930
                      fanbase not supporting it this time
                      target not even aware it exists because no tv promo so far, only social medias where the old people aren’t.
                      60 minutes interview should boost a bit
                      Last edited by ViviLittleM; Sun October 3, 2021, 08:07.

Comment

Oricon daily (Japan)

16 (10) Love For Sale

Comment

Not bad but I did expect a bit more considering she has alternate covers, vinyl and cassettes on sale this week. Maybe those website sales are not included in the figure?
                          Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                          Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

I think those numbers are perfectly well for a jazz album. It doesn't cater to her usual listeners and her fanbase so this is good.
                            Cha Cha Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by InFamous View Post
                              Not bad but I did expect a bit more considering she has alternate covers, vinyl and cassettes on sale this week. Maybe those website sales are not included in the figure?
                              Well, the alternative covers were only 1k copies each, already sold out. I’m not even sure if they were 1k worldwide (as they were available on her UK, France, Germany, etc stores too) or 1k available on each store.

If this ends up selling 40-50k copies, the vast majority pure sales, is not bad for this type of album, in 2021, with pure sales so dead, and such a different scenario promo-wise this time compared to Cheek to Cheek…

Some people of course will act as if this was her own pop studio album with new material and pretend it’s the end of her career or something… but that was going to happen anyway selling 40, 70 or 100k… So…

Comment

AlphaData FRI-FRI
                                Total Units: #4
                                Pure Sales: #3
                                Physical Sales: #3
                                Digital Sales: #2
                                CD Sales: #2
                                LP Sales: #3

Comment

TV promo would be so good now!

Comment

Well, the alternative covers were only 1k copies each, already sold out. I’m not even sure if they were 1k worldwide (as they were available on her UK, France, Germany, etc stores too) or 1k available on each store.

If this ends up selling 40-50k copies, the vast majority pure sales, is not bad for this type of album, in 2021, with pure sales so dead, and such a different scenario promo-wise this time compared to Cheek to Cheek…

Some people of course will act as if this was her own pop studio album with new material and pretend it’s the end of her career or something… but that was going to happen anyway selling 40, 70 or 100k… So…
                                    Of course not. This has nothing to do with her solo career.

Comment

Originally posted by ViviLittleM View Post
                                      AlphaData FRI-FRI
                                      Total Units: #4
                                      Pure Sales: #3
                                      Physical Sales: #3
                                      Digital Sales: #2
                                      CD Sales: #2
                                      LP Sales: #3
                                      yeah what's not helping us is definitely the streaming which was to be expected, still her team could have pushed her solo songs on playlists
                                      60 minutes interview might give us a push to 60k maybe

Comment

Get those little extra sales, girl…

Comment

Get those little extra sales, girl…
                                          they saw the predictions and were like "NOT ON OUR WATCH" time to get that lady from C2C

Comment

Shocked to see this discounted already. 5 dollars during release week.

Comment

HDD

Well… Drake, Meek Mill and Taylor ahead then. #4 at best.
                                              I guess the numbers could maybe go up to 50k with the 60 Minutes interview tonight…. But Top 5 anyway.

As I posted the other day, it was difficult to predict this time considering pure sales are dead and no real TV promo this week, so 60k was my best case scenario.

I wanted at least the #1 on Album Sales… but it’ll be #2 because of Taylor,
                                              But it will be #1 on the Jazz chart for many many weeks.
                                              Britney Spears • Janet Jackson • Christina Aguilera • Michael Jackson • Selena Gomez • Hilary Duff • Taylor Swift •

Comment

Shocked to see this discounted already. 5 dollars during release week.
                                                Gaga is only selling the DIGITAL version of the album at this price for a limited time, but I don't remember you being "shocked" when Katy sold the PHYSICAL version of Smile for just $5.99 on Shein the very week of its release (discount which lasted for months, not to mention reports on Shein's own website where some customers say they got the album for free).
                                                Last edited by cheapthrills; Sun October 3, 2021, 23:10. Reason: Edited to remove personal info - cheapthrills

Comment

Of course not. This has nothing to do with her solo career.
                                                  Well, this is a bit unfair.
                                                  As long as CTC is counted as one of her number one albums, this new one has something to do with her solo career as well.
                                                  After all it’s another US top5 for her and UK top10.
                                                  She’s got something like 9 top5 albums in the USA in 13 years, and 9 top ten albums in the UK, if we consider the albums with Bennet, The Remix in the UK and ASIB (which, I suppose, has something to do with her solo career…).
                                                  "Despair, regret, and tenderness is what I feel for you"

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowplay View Post

Well, this is a bit unfair.
                                                    As long as CTC is counted as one of her number one albums, this new one has something to do with her solo career as well.
                                                    After all it’s another US top5 for her and UK top10.
                                                    She’s got something like 9 top5 albums in the USA in 13 years, and 8 in the UK, if we consider the albums with Bennet, The Remix in the UK and ASIB (which, I suppose, has something to do with her solo career…).
                                                    I didn't say it wasn't a part of her discography, what I meant was that the performance of an album of jazz covers says nothing about the potential performance of an album of her own. That is all.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X