Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adele :: The "30" Era

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Britneysdream View Post

    What shape of you record? She broke the streaming record in the uk, including his record, if you mean his 226k sales first week, that’s not a record lol Adele herself sold 333k first week of hello back In 2015, EDs 226k In the uk isn’t a sales record
    I totally forgot about Hello sales
    Cha Cha Instructor

    Comment


    • 23,000 downloads? iTunes truly is dead.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by MusicLover88 View Post
        23,000 downloads? iTunes truly is dead.
        That aldo includes Amazon and other mp3 downloaded sites.

        It's not worth posting them anymore.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by spiritboy View Post

          I totally forgot about Hello sales
          Yup hello did 333k first week, this year Ed did 92k first week with bad habits, Adele however has done 217k with easy on me lol

          Comment


          • It will sound more reasonable to compare Adele vs Ed Sheeran first week sales in the UK for their first singles

            Easy On Me 217K vs Bad Habits 92K

            Indeed, if we want to make a comparison with the current market, Good For You had the best week with 117K, 100K less than Adele.

            It has no sense to compare this single with Hello or Shape On You, there was a different market, streaming wasn't that strong and digital sales were good

            Comment


            • Hits Daily Double

              On Friday 10/22, Sony's Adele added another record to "Easy on Me'"s massive first week: it become Spotify's most-streamed song ever in a week (global) with 85m streams, surpassing Olivia Rodrigo's "good 4 u."

              Here's a list of the other records "Easy on Me" shattered in its debut week:

              Spotify
              Most worldwide first-day streams ever (24m)
              Most single-day streams ever in the U.K. (3.2m)
              Most weekly streams ever (85m)

              Amazon Music
              Most first-day streams of any song ever on the platform
              Most first-day Alexa song requests all-time

              Radio
              Most added song in the history of Mediabase (451)
              Most added at five different formats (new record)

              U.K. - Official Charts
              Most streams ever in a week (24m)

              Comment


              • So Adele is back and slaying again, imagine album release week! So excited

                Comment


                • Easy On Me also debuts at #1 in Iceland:

                  https://plotutidindi.is/tonlistinn/

                  Comment


                  • Spotify

                    Easy on Me 8,528,749

                    Comment


                    • Finland:

                      02 NE Easy On Me

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by sprock93 View Post
                        It will sound more reasonable to compare Adele vs Ed Sheeran first week sales in the UK for their first singles

                        Easy On Me 217K vs Bad Habits 92K

                        Indeed, if we want to make a comparison with the current market, Good For You had the best week with 117K, 100K less than Adele.

                        It has no sense to compare this single with Hello or Shape On You, there was a different market, streaming wasn't that strong and digital sales were good
                        According to that logic, there could never be comparisons within an act's discography. Besides, I don't see any common points between Adele and Olivia Rodrigo apart from both being female singers.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

                          According to that logic, there could never be comparisons within an act's discography. Besides, I don't see any common points between Adele and Olivia Rodrigo apart from both being female singers.
                          The comparison with Olivia was cause she had the best opening week so far this year. So it makes sense to compare it to the song with the biggest opening of 2021 than the biggest song from almost 5 years ago.

                          Comment


                          • Considering Adele barely beat Good 4 U's Spotify record, it shows how big Olivia is at the moment.

                            Back to Adele, i don't think EOM will have much longevity though, i hope they'll release the second single before or with the album release.
                            Cha Cha Instructor

                            Comment


                            • I think Ed Sheeran and Adele are more in a league successwise than Olivia Rodrigo and Adele. Ed Sheeran and Adele both had two big albums, one profitted heavily from breakthrough hype and they release their new records in Q4 2021.

                              Comment


                              • But then you should compare Adele and Ed in 2021 and not Adele 2021 vs. Ed 2017.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by MusicLover88 View Post
                                  Belgium Wallonia
                                  3 (NEW) Easy On Me
                                  Belgium Flanders
                                  1 (NEW) Easy On Me

                                  Comment


                                  • Finland

                                    02 (New) 01 Easy On Me
                                    Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by Bennyyyyy View Post
                                      But then you should compare Adele and Ed in 2021 and not Adele 2021 vs. Ed 2017.
                                      Yes, that's right. I would compare either Hello vs Easy On Me or Easy On Me vs Bad Habits.

                                      Comment


                                      • Switzerland

                                        01 (New) 01 Easy On Me
                                        Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

                                        Comment


                                        • Number 1 in uk midweeks (sunday)

                                          Comment


                                          • 8. Easy On Me: 65.01 (+1.03)
                                            And the 8th day God created KYLIE!!! <3

                                            Comment


                                            • How many weeks at number 1 do you think she can have?
                                              Britney, X-tina, Lana, Janet, Spice Girls, Kylie, Dannii

                                              Comment


                                              • Adele is still being compared with Ed Sheeran in all of her threads. Why is this ?
                                                " Princess of Pop Katy Perry "
                                                Stan of Meredith.

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by adamf2thedeath View Post
                                                  How many weeks at number 1 do you think she can have?
                                                  In the uk it will 2 weeks but then I’m unsure because of eds album release, that could be a challenge for her

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Also with regards to the uk, hello only spent 3 weeks at number 1

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X